PDA

View Full Version : Was the DLC Season Pass thing ever resolved?

DuoMaxwell007
02-10-2013, 02:04 PM
I remember a thread saying gamestop.com removed the DLC season pass from its Ultimate edition list and i checked gamestop.com and surely its not there however on the definace.com preorder page it lists the season pass under ultimate edition. Sooo anyone know anything? the season pass is the main reason I got the ultimate edition anyway if Gamestop isnt offering it anymore Ill happily downgrade to standard edition and put the extra money towards a second games and STILL have an extra 35 bucks in my pocket lol.

Kordesh
02-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Personally, I'm holding off on the game until I know exactly what he deal is with updates considering they're offering DLC on top of a microtransaction store and a box price. When the NDA drops and they actually say what's going on regarding updates and what's in the DLC, then we'll have enough information to make a proper decision.

lPATT
02-10-2013, 02:18 PM
i kinda agree ... the season pass was mainly the big reason why i wanted the ultimate edition ...
Exclusive Messenger Bag ... meh that a bonus but i don't need it
Exclusive in-game title: Pale Wars Ronin ... i would not put that as my title to be honest the collector edition one sound cooler
DLC Season Pass ... i love season pass when i love a game .
1200 Bits ... i want that but if i downgrade to the collector edition il have extra money for bits

so without season pass i am not getting ultimate =/

DuoMaxwell007
02-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Personally, I'm holding off on the game until I know exactly what he deal is with updates considering they're offering DLC on top of a microtransaction store and a box price. When the NDA drops and they actually say what's going on regarding updates and what's in the DLC, then we'll have enough information to make a proper decision.

umm you know the NDA has NOTHING to do with them being able to give info on DLC and updates.. the NDA only stops whats going on/being seen in the beta right now from being revealed... talking about the games future and prices/DLC offering has nothing to do with the NDa

as for a proper desicion you do know a pre order isnt a binding contract.. you can cancel it and get your money back at any time lol so you could preorder it now and i fyou dont liek what you hear later.. cancel it

Kordesh
02-10-2013, 06:01 PM
umm you know the NDA has NOTHING to do with them being able to give info on DLC and updates.. the NDA only stops whats going on/being seen in the beta right now from being revealed... talking about the games future and prices/DLC offering has nothing to do with the NDa

as for a proper desicion you do know a pre order isnt a binding contract.. you can cancel it and get your money back at any time lol so you could preorder it now and i fyou dont liek what you hear later.. cancel it

No, but considering they're keeping more or less all details about the game more or less under wraps, they're unlikely to get into details regarding the DLC as well. The NDA dropping is more or less when I expect more information to actually appear, assuming it's not something "potentially controversial" in which case they'll probably keep tight lipped about it until the final hours.

A pre-order isn't a binding contract, but why would I even waste my time preordering if I don't have the information to decide if I should actually pre-order anyway. Not everyone impulsively throws money at a game based on hype and promises.

DuoMaxwell007
02-10-2013, 06:22 PM
No, but considering they're keeping more or less all details about the game more or less under wraps, they're unlikely to get into details regarding the DLC as well. The NDA dropping is more or less when I expect more information to actually appear, assuming it's not something "potentially controversial" in which case they'll probably keep tight lipped about it until the final hours.

A pre-order isn't a binding contract, but why would I even waste my time preordering if I don't have the information to decide if I should actually pre-order anyway. Not everyone impulsively throws money at a game based on hype and promises.

its not throwing money away if you cancelled that pre order when later on down the line you dont like what you see or hear

Primus Palus
02-10-2013, 07:25 PM
i kinda agree ... the season pass was mainly the big reason why i wanted the ultimate edition ...
Exclusive Messenger Bag ... meh that a bonus but i don't need it
Exclusive in-game title: Pale Wars Ronin ... i would not put that as my title to be honest the collector edition one sound cooler
DLC Season Pass ... i love season pass when i love a game .
1200 Bits ... i want that but if i downgrade to the collector edition il have extra money for bits

so without season pass i am not getting ultimate =/

Why not just wait and get the pass later and get the lowest package now if you don't want all that stuff. I imagine they'll have that as an option later on.

nitroz76
02-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Wait, they took the season pass out of the Ultimate Edition?

If so, than I'm going to have to downgrade my preorder unless it gets put back in.

Muffinman
02-10-2013, 07:55 PM
They didn't take it out. Trust me, there would be nothing else to warrant the extra 50$ :P

Myll_Erik
02-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Where are you seeing that it was taken out?

Primus Palus
02-10-2013, 08:11 PM

This thread talks about it:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2101-Update-on-the-Ultimate-Edition-Pre-Order-Issue.

IGears
02-10-2013, 08:36 PM

On Gamestop's website they do not have the season pass on their Exclusive UE

Dra Fiend
02-10-2013, 08:41 PM
They got the idea that the season pass was removed from U E from gamestop web page because they have the items listed under the U E thats from the C E they just screwed up You still get the season pass with U E

Doz
02-10-2013, 09:26 PM
GameSpot is not showing the DLC Season Pass on there website

I went the Defiance website and clicked on the Preorder button and it took me to
http://defiance.com/en/pre-order/physical-editions/#retail
It shows your customers the following
Guaranteed BETA invite
Gamestop Exclusive
Exclusive Messenger Bag
Collector's Box
Game Client
2 postcards
DEFI Stickers
Ark Infiltrator Outfit
The Art of Defiance Art Book
Limited Edition Hellbug Figurine
VBI Ark Hunter Contract
Bonus DVD
Defiance Digital Soundtrack
Rare VBI Sentinel Shield
'Hydra' rocket launcher
7-Day XP Boost
7-Day Scrip Boost
"+5" Inventory Space
Exclusive in-game title: Pale Wars Ronin
Lock Box
DLC Season Pass
1200 Bits
NO SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED

I went to GameStop from the Defiance link and I wanted the Defiance Ultimate Edition PC
I have purchased Defiance Ultimate Edition GameStop Exclusive from GameStop.
Here is what GameStop is showing on there website
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/defiance-ultimate-edition-gamestop-exclusive/106645

Defiance Ultimate Edition GameStop Exclusive
More details

Defiance Messenger Bag
Game box and disc
Hellbug Statue
Art of Defiance Art Book
Defiance Soundtrack and Bonus DVD
VBI Contact
Two Defiance post cards
Digital Items:
1,200 Bits
Ark Hunter Infiltrator Outfit
Hydra Heavy Weapon
Retailer Exclusive weapon
VBI Sentinel Shield
7 Day scrip boost
7 Day XP boost
Lock Box
+5 Inventory
In-game title: Badlands Drifter

Pre-Order Defiance and receive the GAMESTOP EXCLUSIVE WEAPON SporeShot Free!

DuoMaxwell007
02-10-2013, 09:44 PM
They got the idea that the season pass was removed from U E from gamestop web page because they have the items listed under the U E thats from the C E they just screwed up You still get the season pass with U E

incorrect if you look at the gamestop CE stuff youll see its not the same as whats listed on the Gamestop UE stuff so if it was a simple issue of "gamestop just made a mistake and put the CE stuff under UE" then the CE and UE lists on gamestop would be the same however that isnt the case

DuoMaxwell007
02-10-2013, 09:50 PM
well heres the reply to my reply lol:

"How would I make My Defiance Purchase from the Defiance/Trion Website when the Defiance Ultimate edition is listed as a GAMESTOP EXCLUSIVE which to me means the Ultimate addition can only be obtained through Gamestop and not Trion/Defiance website

Also The Ultimate Edition is a Physical Copy, there isnt an option to buy the Physical copy of Defiance From Trion/Defiance site (not even the standard edition or collectors edition) Trion Website only offers the digital copies. So buying the physical copy of Ultimate edition from Trion is impossible on two fronts:

1) the ultimate edition is a gamestop exclusive

2) the ultimate edition is a physical copy which Trion doesnt sell

So far as the DLC Season Pass thats either a mistake on Trions site or Gamestops site so I think that issue needs to be resolved and worked out between the two so those of us who Pre Ordered the Ultimate edition can be sure we know what we paid for and are getting what we expected"

and their response:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

I do apologize for the confusion on this issue with the different Defiance pre-order information. I do see the difference in the pre-order items listed, as you reported, but I'm not sure why the DLC season pass would be omitted on the Gamestop website. From my understanding you will receive the DLC pass with your Ultimate Edition purchase even though it is not listed on the website. I have passed along this issue to my supervisor so that we can try to get the website corrected.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this ticket is 130210-000514.

Sincerely,

GM Nycoloth
Trion Worlds Inc."

Sooo I guess we'll see. Hopefully Myll_Erik can look into this as well and let us know what the end result is.

Valethar
02-10-2013, 09:58 PM

Here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1984-season-pass-removed-from-gamestop-Ultimate-edition) as well.

It appears that GS is using the wrong text on the site to describe the UE contents. The problem is, the correct text was there prior to this.

The actual UE 'beauty shot' graphic is correct, but the description somehow got changed at some point, which is making people wonder what's going on. Given their less than sterling reputation, it doesn't hurt to get clarification when something like this happens, rather than finding out after you've opened the box and can no longer take it back.

leto von jett
02-10-2013, 10:18 PM
I preordered it today, and it's right there on the website, and on the info card i was given at the store when i preordered it

DuoMaxwell007
02-10-2013, 10:26 PM
I preordered it today, and it's right there on the website, and on the info card i was given at the store when i preordered it

mm you wanna give us ta link to where GS site says that?

leto von jett
02-10-2013, 10:30 PM
ok my bad not on website, but it is on the postcard thing they gave me when i pre-ordered it, and it's on the flier they have in the pre-order book at the front counter.....not to mention listed on trion's website.....so no worries we will get it

Valethar
02-10-2013, 11:06 PM
ok my bad not on website, but it is on the postcard thing they gave me when i pre-ordered it, and it's on the flier they have in the pre-order book at the front counter.....not to mention listed on trion's website.....so no worries we will get it

What postcard? All I got was a receipt. O.o

Grey
02-11-2013, 02:34 AM

Defiance Ultimate Edition GameStop Exclusive

More details
Defiance Messenger Bag
Game box and disc
Hellbug Statue
Art of Defiance Art Book
Defiance Soundtrack and Bonus DVD
VBI Contact
Two Defiance post cards
Digital Items:
1,200 Bits
Ark Hunter Infiltrator Outfit
Hydra Heavy Weapon
Retailer Exclusive weapon
VBI Sentinel Shield
7 Day scrip boost
7 Day XP boost
Lock Box
+5 Inventory
In-game title: Badlands Drifter

No season pass

Grey
02-11-2013, 02:39 AM

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/defiance-ultimate-edition-gamestop-exclusive/106643

Grey
02-11-2013, 03:41 AM
Recently the Season Pass on the ultimate edition from gamestop disappeared but according to a gamestop employee on the Defiance forums...its still being included.

O_o so I would like someone to clear this up