PDA

View Full Version : Nim is wayyyyyyyy to overpowered

jmddavis123
04-05-2013, 05:49 AM
You need to tone it done with him because he over uses the blur, the dash, and fix the self-revive, I literally have 0.2 seconds to try revive myself. And why make me pay for a death that is inevitable?! Make it free for god sake! Please and thank you. Oh and make it have coop. Because it could probably only be done that way.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-05-2013, 05:57 AM
You need to tone it done with him because he over uses the blur, the dash, and fix the self-revive, I literally have 0.2 seconds to try revive myself. And why make me pay for a death that is inevitable?! Make it free for god sake! Please and thank you. Oh and make it have coop. Because it could probably only be done that way.

Naaa. I like the challenge. I beat him, my bro beat him. You need Mad Skill. :cool:
Also try a different type of weapon. Weapons are not created and used equally.

cab0218
04-05-2013, 06:25 AM

They need to make all of the final Act bosses coop. Some of the bosses are just too hard solo. I did not have much trouble but my friend is.I posted about this earlier but it got buried under all the people complaining about the servers.

Zen
04-05-2013, 06:26 AM
he isnt overpowered players just dont know how to use the dodge button or have commen sense to line of site some of his spells.

SYN BLACK XS
04-05-2013, 06:32 AM
he isnt overpowered players just dont know how to use the dodge button or have commen sense to line of site some of his spells.

...spells?

Draemos
04-05-2013, 07:39 AM

He's fine. Man up.

tjw
04-05-2013, 07:56 AM
I don't mind a challenge but Nim was way too hard. Main/episode missions should not be that hard. Most players desire to finish the storyline missions and there are some people who will just never be able to do it. If something is going to be that difficult make it side missions or something that doesn't prevent story progression.

Coop would be nice. It should ALL be coop this is a mmo after all. Normally I dislike when a game forces players to group but forced soloing is just as bad.

Jardian
04-05-2013, 08:03 AM
People have already finished this no issue so I dont see the point of some of you saying its to hard when its being done over and over. Now if he wasnt getting beat at all that would be diffrent. Just because its hard for you dont mean its the same for everyone.

Vhailas
04-05-2013, 08:05 AM
...spells?

He casts magic missile at the darkness.

fang1192
04-05-2013, 08:05 AM
the center pillar is your friend. And a BMG/Pistol loadout carried me through.

Lasse B
04-05-2013, 08:14 AM
I was among those who complained about Nim being too strong, but if you have have a high enough EGO level so you can equip a couple of perks, preferably some that supplement your play style or or help counter deficits, he's much easier to do. Last time I went through without dying even once, and that was around EGO 500.

Ceois
04-05-2013, 08:31 AM
To me he didn't seem to be so overpowered BUT THREE times? COME ON! SRSLY?

Sanguinesun
04-05-2013, 10:09 AM
1. Have a BMG equipped.
2. Have defense centric and explosion and or overcharge perks set(this is just one set up many many others work too).
3. Have a sticky delayed or large radius or ground pounder style detonator equiped.
4. Have either a pyro, frag, or split frag(detonates into multiple smaller ones) grenade.
5. Be so comfortable with dodge and sprint running that they are second nature.
6. Have a 1300 range shield with a 40% charge or better.
7. Time your overcharge usage(if you go that perk route) for use in the third phase instead of the first or second since those are usually the easier phases imo.

First phase: This is a rather easy phase, you just time his runs and voice cues for his AI and detonate between your sprint and dodging out of the way. If you lose shield/health, flip to your bmg and heal up.

Second phase(where he splits into multiples for part of it): near the central pillar but on the opposite side of section that his clones spawn. Use the bmg offensively or the nader to damage him or the clones as needed.

Second phase(where he goes up top to throw the energy bolts at you): pick a side of the room and starting at the center bmg immediately the one near center pillar then move into the section of the room along the same side and bmg down 2 more(or just start on the second of the 3 and go from there). You're doing this to essentially clear a side where you can duck behind the far piller in that room and get hit by either none or just one of the bolts from the other clones. Once done set back up for the clones running around on the ground in the first part of the second phase.

Third phase first part: This I call the dodge rolling phase. Stick around the center pillar. Memorize his pattern of movement and sound cues(when he spins to do the aoe energy burst on the ground). Always make sure you're on the opposite side of the center pillar from that aoe. If you get hit with it, just bmg to heal up. Otherwise when he hits the ground, immediately swivel around the pillar after to lob nades from your detonator at him and be ready to run or dodge again. Be careful because currently he can also run straight through the pillar during this as a sort of dirty cheat. Again heal up if you get swiped from any of this.

Third phase second part: when he enters the spire's force field to put cause the crystals to shoot up through the ground, watch out for the spots they'll appear at(color on the floor changes). Stray a little bit from the center pillar but not too much. Once he's done with the crystal creating he does that really nasty aoe that the closer you are to him and other crystals, the more damage you take compoundedly. Therefore, do your best to run around one side of the room, then once he's done try to get to the other side around the curve, of the side of the room, this will usually cause you to take little to no damage if you can do it right.

However if you do take damage just bmg heal it.

Just rinse and repeat until he's dead with your use of overcharge as needed.

Overall this fight is really more about healing yourself and timing to avoid damage than the damage you do to him.

Hope this example helps. You can use other set ups too of course but this one's had the easier time of it for me.

Herbfiend
04-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Am I really the only one that thought he was to easy considering he was the last boss?

Shotty, Assualt Rifle and Overcharge. As for my shield it was a crappy low str one medium recharge rate and fast recharge timer.

Like people are saying dodge him when he charges you and line of sight him when he is casting a spell.

Hell I didn't even avoid all his crap I messed up some but still never actually died to him or went down. I'm sure if u miss dodging everything yes you will die but I mean it's a boss stuff boss's do is bad for your health. Why would you stay near him if you know he wants to do bad things to you up close?

Spencley
04-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Back myself against a wall. Died once on the final phase with the things coming out the floor. After that did him 2nd try. Not difficult, Not a single part so far has been "difficult" need to up the difficulty or add scaling to the coop game modes. kind of like Fractals in GW2, The more you do it the higher difficulty curve you unlock completing higher difficulties could yeild more loot or even some reputation :)

JagerMyk
04-05-2013, 11:25 AM
lol spells, silly Zen. spells are for Wizards!!Warlocks!!and Spell Casters!! Oh My!!

Moose Of Woe
04-05-2013, 11:34 AM

Dungeons and Dragons...

SATAN'S GAME!

cfStatic
04-05-2013, 11:36 AM
The only thing I didn't like about his fight was sometimes when I would cloak to trigger the recharge on my shield, the stupid sob would hit me and knock me down and say "you can't hide from me". Luckily I beat him in one go. :D

dstrollo360
04-05-2013, 11:43 AM
I consider this a spoiler :/

Revrent
04-05-2013, 11:50 AM

Thank you, that made my day.

Madcat
04-05-2013, 12:04 PM
I hope this guy is as hard as you people cry that he is. Cause there were a good few post saying Jackleg joe was super hard too. Man was that a disappointing fight. I'm still trying to figure out how that one guy died 82 times trying to beat that...

trayman22
04-16-2013, 04:56 PM
this battle going to make me rage quit the game

DeMoted
04-16-2013, 04:57 PM
I beat the game and don't even remember jackleg Joe.

Chongo
04-16-2013, 05:01 PM

Boss was easy, if anything needs to be harder for the above average gamers. Just pew pew at his head there are plenty of tutorials on how to complete him so quit whining and up your game. Or would you like a instant win button so you don't have to bother fighting him altogether?
This current generation is doomed for games, whine whine whine until the developers decide to nerf it.
plenty of stuff that needs fixing as it is, so QQ

Warr Windfury
04-16-2013, 05:11 PM

ROFL... had to find the link, and found it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zng5kRle4FA

Cynical Jester
Boss was easy, if anything needs to be harder for the above average gamers. Just pew pew at his head there are plenty of tutorials on how to complete him so quit whining and up your game. Or would you like a instant win button so you don't have to bother fighting him altogether?
This current generation is doomed for games, whine whine whine until the developers decide to nerf it.
plenty of stuff that needs fixing as it is, so QQ

Please use the search function! (OP)

I really can't believe this made it to a new thread.. and what Chongo said is pretty much true...

EQ felt like an adventure because their was high risk for most things you did.. especially exploring the unknown...

If you died you had to go back and loot your corpse to get your stuff back and you took an xp penalty loss hoping you could get back to your corpse and you didn't go somewhere really dumb or friends were around to help you as traveling took a bit of time as well no matter what class you were.

Eventually this new generation of gamers came a long with WoW and everything started getting hit by the nerf bat.. including EQ.. Soon necros could summon your corpse out of a dungeon and clerics could rez you for 99% of xp back.. and it got worse and worse and worse... Til it was just a dull dried up game..

How can you balance a game that is an mmo (doesn't have difficulty levels) when half the gamers want the hardcore experience and the other half want to be able to just one shot everything with
little challenge and complain about lack of content.

I'm sure they worked hard on a lot of the different mobs in the game.. They should be appreciated.. but they never will be.. Why?

NERF IT! Paintball just hurts to much.

kokotane
I just finished this and it was not much hard . I used shottie and blur : phase 1 is roll until he starts to melee and blast him , phase 2 cover and aim the closer one , phase 3 bunny shot backward always .

It must feel hard if you are used to scope too much .

SaintRaze
04-16-2013, 05:14 PM

The 2nd phase took me probably 5 tries and made me almost break my tv, but it's possible.

You need to switch to a shield that has at least a 40% recharge rate and 6sec recharge Delay, and use a highdamage weapon with fire damage. All it takes is one lucky hit for high damage plus DoT, then you can slowly carve down his health

6Strummer
04-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Many people have beaten Nim. I'm no ace twitch gamer and I did it. Step one is to learn his tactics and re-think yours accordingly. If that doesn't work, re-think your load out. If that doesn't work, re-think your perks. He's not that tough.

Cynical Jester
04-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Many people have beaten Nim. I'm no ace twitch gamer and I did it. Step one is to learn his tactics and re-think yours accordingly. If that doesn't work, re-think your load out. If that doesn't work, re-think your perks. He's not that tough.

What makes me even more sick about gamers today is they can just watch how to do everything on YouTube or just buy the Prima official strategy guides... Why even play the damn game?

SGT_NAFFY
04-16-2013, 05:27 PM
FLASH BANG NIM omg stop moaning he is hard there nothing hard about this game at all.

I beat all story missions and side mission in just under a week no trouble before they made any of the updates to game!

Wrathful_Badger
04-16-2013, 05:29 PM
FLASH BANG NIM omg stop moaning he is hard there nothing hard about this game at all.

I beat all story missions and side mission in just under a week no trouble before they made any of the updates to game!

Congratulations! Here's your metaphorical gold star for beating the game in under a week!

All jokes aside...

I GREATLY enjoyed the final boss battle. It actually made me think. Also, BMG is the way to go for this boss battle.

SGT_NAFFY
04-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Congratulations! Here's your metaphorical gold star for beating the game in under a week!

Thanks i'll wear it with pride.

I just gave people a tactic on how to kill him, and you come back with that Lmao.

Areiela Hunter
04-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Jackleg Joe was a walk in the park compared to this.

Nim 1 I can do with quite a few tries, Nim 2 has been a nightmare. Several things have contributed to how much of a pain in the *** it is:
- there are times that it seems to skip my option to press E, either that or the window of time is less than a second long. This means starting the whole attack over from the beginning
- I have my acct and my 6yr old's account that I'm trying to get thru this. It's... taxing. :)
- And the final salt in the wound is that if I don't finish it in one sitting, the next time I log in, I have the three or four phases of the dungeon to go through even before getting back to Nim Phase 1.

The Nim mission seems like it's more geared toward a side quest or as a co-op option. A blocker like this seems out of place in a storyline mission.

I know there's plenty of EQ masochists here that have war stories of being able to take on laser-shooting death robots under a sky blackened with firebreathing dragons in a 36-hour long raid, but a lot of us aren't as hardcore as you, so cut us some slack.

SandmanSix8
04-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Those of you being difficult, remember we all have different skill sets, something level designers often forget when making levels. Think of this final boss a different way.

You have an e-reader and are reading a story, the e-reader is designed to delete the ending if you do not turn the pages fast enough. So no matter your reading level or comprehension, if you do not read fast enough as programmed the last few pages are deleted automatically. Would you continue to use that e-reader, or trust it with more content?

If you answered no you would also agree having someone tell you you aren't good enough to know the ending is a weird way to reward someone who bought your story.

A common mistake game designers make is thinking their way of thinking is golden, this 3 level boss fight should have been easier with secondary objectives with higher secondary rewards to the more challenged player. Currently some of us will never EVER see the ending of this mission, because our skill set isn't on par with what someone else thinks it should be.

Cynical Jester
04-16-2013, 05:38 PM
Those of you being difficult, remember we all have different skill sets, something level designers often forget when making levels. Think of this final boss a different way.

You have an e-reader and are reading a story, the e-reader is designed to delete the ending if you do not turn the pages fast enough. So no matter your reading level or comprehension, if you do not read fast enough as programmed the last few pages are deleted automatically. Would you continue to use that e-reader, or trust it with more content?

If you answered no you would also agree having someone tell you you aren't good enough to know the ending is a weird way to reward someone who bought your story.

A common mistake game designers make is thinking their way of thinking is golden, this 3 level boss fight should have been easier with secondary objectives with higher secondary rewards to the more challenged player. Currently some of us will never EVER see the ending of this mission, because our skill set isn't on par with what someone else thinks it should be.

Probably teach me to read better / faster.... I personally think I would keep trying til I made it to the end.. I mean.. I hate cliffhangers..

Maybe its the way i was raised.. You fall down.. you get back up... Someone starts a fight with you, you finish it. -shrug-

My mom told me if I walked away or curled up she would beat my *** worse.. soo.. I dunno..

SGT_NAFFY
04-16-2013, 05:41 PM

So because of this you think they should make the game easier because people can't learn there own strategy

What if we went to war with this attitude?

Crunchyblack
04-16-2013, 05:45 PM
Plenty of people have beaten him. I cant see the scrip cost of deaths related to the encounter topping a measly 2k.

Perhaps you are really bad at the game?

Mawl
04-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Hes not overpowered he just requires patience and a little skill

piedlpiper
04-16-2013, 05:50 PM

Something has to be done, cause it is a game stopper if you can not complete it. IE. you can not progress further in the game until you kill Nim.

Yes, many people find him easy, but many have issues (not skill ones) that prevent being able to kill him. Lag: even the slightest 'consistent' lag makes it impossible. Physical handicap: Slow reflexes, minor shakes, ...

I have found the bosses up to Nim to be difficult but doable. Fighting Nim is not, cant damage him more then 10% of his health during phase one. No idea about phase two and three.

Best suggestion is make it co-op, allowing 1-4 players. (For all events that are currently (or will be) solo only and co-op maps - don't restrict them to 4 players.)

Sargonnax
04-16-2013, 05:58 PM
I killed Nim on the first attempt, but expected to die horribly after reading the posts on these forums. He definitely requires extreme concentration, but I didnt find him that hard. I was actually glad to see a challenging fight that made me sit up in my chair and pay attention. Use perks that buff your shields, life, defensive stuff, and the perk that lets you run fast when your shield goes down and the fight becomes easier. I cant even tell you how badly the ability to run away from him fast was a huge win in that fight or I would have been dead.

kokotane
04-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Phase 1 feels hard because you guys probably arent patient enough to roll until he starts doing is crappy melees attacks .
You only have to dodge again and again until when he just comes forward to do is super slow melee attack :D

Areiela Hunter
04-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Phase 1 feels hard because you guys probably arent patient enough to roll until he starts doing is crappy melees attacks .
You only have to dodge again and again until when he just comes forward to do is super slow melee attack :D

I found Phase 1 doable after trying a few techniques presented here, primarily the use of the BMG. Phase 2 I'm on my third night of trying. Just got done watching Defiance pilot (Amazon) so I'm going to make a pot of coffee and see how far I get tonight. If any of you fellow gamers have tips for Phase 2 and 3, I'd definitely appreciate the help.

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 07:21 PM
I found Phase 1 doable after trying a few techniques presented here, primarily the use of the BMG. Phase 2 I'm on my third night of trying. Just got done watching Defiance pilot (Amazon) so I'm going to make a pot of coffee and see how far I get tonight. If any of you fellow gamers have tips for Phase 2 and 3, I'd definitely appreciate the help.

Phase 2: when he does the "jump on 2nd level" trick, watch for the image with blue lightning forming around arms. That's the real target.
Phase 3: When hiding behind pillars, take a few steps back from it. When he does his "summon crystals and smash ground" move, you DON'T have to LoS him. Find somewhere a reasonable distance from him and the crystals (do plan to move behind a pillar right after he shatters the crystals, cause he usually does his homing fireball move soon after).

Arkeus
04-16-2013, 09:25 PM
He wasn't that hard did make my hands sweat though. He got me on the first try I destroyed him the 2nd go around.

Nmalthus
04-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Nim is easy mode especially with a BMG.

Badmood
04-16-2013, 10:44 PM
I am older than most and blind in one eye and although I did find it difficult beating it was so worth it..

Fatalmephisto
04-16-2013, 10:46 PM
I've seen so many threads related to Nim. He's cake as hell in this game, i really don't understand why so many people are having trouble with him. I'm not saying you suck at the game or anything in that department. He's really easy, just master the dodging in the game and you will come out on top.

SGT_NAFFY
04-16-2013, 10:47 PM
Its like this , Dodge, duck, roll, jump, and dodge!

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-16-2013, 10:50 PM

No he uses Lightning Bolt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

CharmCitysKing
04-16-2013, 11:03 PM
yea i havnt tried fighting him again sing i lost against him a week ago...havnt played the game since lol been playin halo 4 again. F this game. it sucks

PseudoCool
04-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Hey OP.. this probably wouldn't be a problem for you if the Dev's didn't just nerf.. well.. just about EVERYTHING.. to appease the PvP crowd. You should thank those guys and gals instead of poking at the Dev's for doing what was basically demanded of them by the sheeple :)

Rend
04-16-2013, 11:21 PM
A combo of an AR and a Shotgun (whole magazine reload) did the job for me today just fine.

SGT_NAFFY
04-16-2013, 11:24 PM
yea i havnt tried fighting him again sing i lost against him a week ago...havnt played the game since lol been playin halo 4 again. F this game. it sucks

WOW and Halo 4 is so much better bad online, bad story.

Got it
Beat it
Maxed it
Sold it

PseudoCool
04-16-2013, 11:25 PM
I used that combo to beat him in Alpha.. in Beta I used an LMG/Detonator.. both times with Decoy.. never gave me much hassle.

Rizaun
04-16-2013, 11:27 PM
I've seen so many threads related to Nim. He's cake as hell in this game, i really don't understand why so many people are having trouble with him. I'm not saying you suck at the game or anything in that department. He's really easy, just master the dodging in the game and you will come out on top.

I don't understand either, some of these people claim to have beaten other games in maximum difficulty (Like Halo, Gears of War, CoD) and say that Nim is much harder than any of those 3 games. I just don't know what to say... :/

Darrick
04-16-2013, 11:54 PM
I don't understand either, some of these people claim to have beaten other games in maximum difficulty (Like Halo, Gears of War, CoD) and say that Nim is much harder than any of those 3 games. I just don't know what to say... :/

those people never did something like that, Nim is no challenge at all killed him first try since his moves are scripted and repeat in the same circle all the time… please devs give us some hardcore mode for solo and coop instances! some of us want to be challenged…

Obvious Lee
04-16-2013, 11:56 PM
cloak, boomer, roll, repeat. easy. sorry you had such a difficult time with the easiest boss in mmo history =/

Lyokira
04-17-2013, 12:04 AM
cloak, boomer, roll, repeat. easy. sorry you had such a difficult time with the easiest boss in mmo history =/

Some of us only have overpower. :V

(also, cloak/decoy = easymode)
/silly

Obvious Lee
04-17-2013, 12:07 AM
cloak/any explosive=easy mode, i agree. i use assault rifles and sniper rifles. you know, weapons that require some form of skill?

/silly

Obvious Lee
04-17-2013, 12:11 AM
also, am i to understand that you are upset that when making your decision(that is, CHOOSING) on your power, you decided to go with enhanced damage output(understandable) instead of any actual form of tactical advantage, and instead of re-spec'ing, you decide to say that playing smart is cheating. now in certain instances i can completely agree. but pve? really dude? i mean....cmon. it's simple mechanics, like WoW or ninja gaiden. learn the pattern, and learn when to strike. simple combat tactics.

Kane
04-17-2013, 12:11 AM

/silly

Press k, and at the bottom you have a button called respec (costs 1-1.5 k scrip to respec) and there you go

Rend
04-17-2013, 12:17 AM
sorry you had such a difficult time with the easiest boss in mmo history =/

I know quite a few examples which render your argument invalid.

Here is one boss, which surely is slightly less of a challenge than Nim.

Go easy with the superlative, bro.

http://i.imgur.com/MBGvDg8.jpg

Obvious Lee
04-17-2013, 12:18 AM
i honestly would like to see more stages to the fight. doesnt really give off that "epic struggle for survival" vibe

Mark8015
04-17-2013, 12:28 AM
I dont know what ur talking about he was unerpowered I died the first time i vs'd him but after that you just stand on one side and shoot all the guys running at you and then dodge some things he shoots at you. If you can roll then you should have no problem. More stages would be a good idiea.

Obvious Lee
04-17-2013, 12:30 AM
yup. that'll do it

I dont know what ur talking about he was unerpowered I died the first time i vs'd him but after that you just stand on one side and shoot all the guys running at you and then dodge some things he shoots at you. If you can roll then you should have no problem. More stages would be good idiea.

JrFin
04-17-2013, 12:30 AM
Ya did it with shot gun but he is way powerful

Obvious Lee
04-17-2013, 12:33 AM
powerful, yes. and if you use jack**** tactics against him he's going to eat you for breakfast. if you use your head, he isnt TOO hard to manage.

Uncle Coord
04-17-2013, 12:36 AM
Yea, Nim is insanely easy, I did it using overpower and not being a ****.

The second one is actually a DLC but you had to get yours back in the 90's, I don't think they make it anymore.

"They say he killed 11 armed men on his own... with a sword!"

Yea, but LadyCoord has killed horde's of Hellbugs using only her left elbow so... its all good.

Mawl
04-17-2013, 12:39 AM
also, am i to understand that you are upset that when making your decision(that is, CHOOSING) on your power, you decided to go with enhanced damage output(understandable) instead of any actual form of tactical advantage, and instead of re-spec'ing, you decide to say that playing smart is cheating. now in certain instances i can completely agree. but pve? really dude? i mean....cmon. it's simple mechanics, like WoW or ninja gaiden. learn the pattern, and learn when to strike. simple combat tactics.

Am i to take it that youre saying overcharge has no tactical advantage what so ever? Im pretty sure that the ability to down 6 dark matter enforcers with one magazine plus the increased load times count as a tactical advantage, sounds alot better than cloak which has the chance to fail if youre shot while activating it or disengages if you accidently activate it twice in a row or the fact that it takes a couple seconds to go into affect, or that all blur does is makes you move a bit faster and hit a bit harder, the only ability i see no downfall with is decoy but i havent used that one much

Obvious Lee
04-17-2013, 12:39 AM
90's? what in the holy hell are you going on about? O.o

Obvious Lee
04-17-2013, 12:41 AM
in my personal opinion (which i admit, is quite possibly a WRONG opinion) is its better to not be seen, then be focused on. if cloak is used CORRECTLY, it's deadly. it's a shock troop tactic. my point is this dude was using overpowered and got tanked. hard. i simply see no rhyme or reason behind it. not calling the kid a baddie or anything, just saying wth ya know?

Am i to take it that youre saying overcharge has no tactical advantage what so ever? Im pretty sure that the ability to down 6 dark matter enforcers with one magazine plus the increased load times count as a tactical advantage, sounds alot better than cloak which has the chance to fail if youre shot while activating it or disengages if you accidently activate it twice in a row or the fact that it takes a couple seconds to go into affect, or that all blur does is makes you move a bit faster and hit a bit harder, the only ability i see no downfall with is decoy but i havent used that one much

Complectus
04-17-2013, 12:44 AM
Seriously? this guy was not overpowered at all. He has a lot of invuln frames, but you just need to bide the time and use a decent weapon. Frankly I went auto shottie and beat him like an abusive parent.

I could have done the same with a sawed off. Really it's just a timing fight. If you are butt at timing, you need to pack it in.

Mawl
04-17-2013, 12:49 AM
in my personal opinion (which i admit, is quite possibly a WRONG opinion) is its better to not be seen, then be focused on. if cloak is used CORRECTLY, it's deadly. it's a shock troop tactic. my point is this dude was using overpowered and got tanked. hard. i simply see no rhyme or reason behind it. not calling the kid a baddie or anything, just saying wth ya know?

I understand, we all have our certain types of play style i myself have always enjoyed playing mmos and being the center of the baddies attention (i normally tank mmos) im fairly skilled at dodging so going overpowered gives me the ability to do that without sacrificing much. think about it if everyone in the coop maps ran cloaked snipers and explosive/shotguns the progress would be insanely slow so someones gotta be out there drawing attention shooting like crazy and allowing the snipers and such to make there shots, in this games case that falls on the people with overpower and decoys. On another note ive completed all the main and side missions and can confirm that there is no obstacle in the game that cant be overcome by an assault rifle to the face combined with overcharge

Drake
04-17-2013, 12:50 AM

first of all DONT MAKE THE 4TH THREAD ABOUT IT ... dudes there are so many threads already
2nd i did it first try with unmodded weapon never used (so also not skilled) ....

he is WAY to EASY!!! i hope they buff him so every "not total noob" player have a challange there and not can do it while eating (like i did ...)

overall nim is to easy!!!

Seriously? this guy was not overpowered at all. He has a lot of invuln frames, but you just need to bide the time and use a decent weapon. Frankly I went auto shottie and beat him like an abusive parent.

I could have done the same with a sawed off. Really it's just a timing fight. If you are butt at timing, you need to pack it in.

yep a pumpgun i used
overall sure if you try your dont know machinegun or BMG no wonder you guys fail, i used a pumpgun i never used before and its easy, you just have to use no sniper rifle vs a guy with a SWORD !!!!

Mawl
04-17-2013, 12:54 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?39978-How-to-beat-nim-(spoilers)

im just gonna leave this here if incase op or anyone else still cant pull it off

Drake
04-17-2013, 01:37 AM

you can beat him with cloak, overcharge, speed ,.. you decide its easy with everything.

if he makes a move, SHOOT if he come close, DODGE ... he cant hit you 1 time if a player is patient so your right, if you know how to use the dodge button he is the easiest enemy ever because his aoe attacks are SO SLOW that you can WALK behind a wall ...

Lyokira
04-17-2013, 01:43 AM
Question: how do you dodge him when he goes into blur rush mode in phase 1?

Obvious Lee
04-17-2013, 01:44 AM
like 3 seconds before he actually does the attack, when he's charging up, make sure you are nowhere in front of him. be on his sides.

Obvious Lee
04-17-2013, 01:46 AM
see? when someone asks an actual question, they get a decent response. when they act like they just poured themselves a big *** bowl of rage flakes and some haterade, one is disinclined to assist.

Mawl
04-17-2013, 01:50 AM
see? when someone asks an actual question, they get a decent response. when they act like they just poured themselves a big *** bowl of rage flakes and some haterade, one is disinclined to assist.

you are quickly becoming my favorite person on this forum simply because of statements like that, no ****

kyle939
04-17-2013, 01:52 AM
He is quiet tough.

My game bugged so when I beat him I had to go back and redo it so.

So I beat him twice, well 6 times if you count the cycles he goes through.

So yeah. Very tough for me and was alright. Hard but that is the point in a boss

Obvious Lee
04-17-2013, 01:54 AM
you'll notice that depending on the thread, and what's being said, that the target of my aggression(should there BE any) will most often be the biggest idiot, saying the most idiotic things. be they "fanboys" or not, it doesn't concern me. when someone is being a complete *** for no reason other than to tear down the poster, then as far as im concerned, it's open season.

you are quickly becoming my favorite person on this forum simply because of statements like that, no ****

Technodude
04-17-2013, 01:54 AM
He's fine. Man up.

Do you lift before you start your gaming session?

Obvious Lee
04-17-2013, 01:56 AM
He is quiet tough.

My game bugged so when I beat him I had to go back and redo it so.

So I beat him twice, well 6 times if you count the cycles he goes through.

So yeah. Very tough for me and was alright. Hard but that is the point in a boss

it's kind of like playing a game with all the cheat codes on. your average to lenient player might be elated for the entirety of play, whilst challenge seeking folks like myself (demon souls& dark souls) would grow tired of the concept rather quickly. thus bringing in the "what do i do now" issue.

Obvious Lee
04-17-2013, 01:57 AM

that...........was beautiful.........lol

Mawl
04-17-2013, 01:58 AM
you'll notice that depending on the thread, and what's being said, that the target of my aggression(should there BE any) will most often be the biggest idiot, saying the most idiotic things. be they "fanboys" or not, it doesn't concern me. when someone is being a complete *** for no reason other than to tear down the poster, then as far as im concerned, it's open season.

aww man we gonna argue so hard, but no seriously if you wanna laugh you should read about the people raging that hellbug emergencies dont give keys anymore and how "hard " it is to get keys and how you have to do coop in a mmo now to actually get them. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?39630-why-patch-the-game-to-make-is-LESS-fun-(keys-guns)/page14 ive been laughing hard about it for the last hour

Mawl
04-17-2013, 02:00 AM

i lift, both my mt dew and my cigarettes, yeah i know what youre gonna say and yes i am hardcore

Obvious Lee
04-17-2013, 02:00 AM
i saw. almost broke my pipe i was laughing so hard. people don't realize that with this many players it's literally impossible to be fair to everyone, in every single person's point of view. someone will ALWAYS feel wronged. comes with the business

Mawl
04-17-2013, 02:08 AM
i saw. almost broke my pipe i was laughing so hard. people don't realize that with this many players it's literally impossible to be fair to everyone, in every single person's point of view. someone will ALWAYS feel wronged. comes with the business

i tried getting drunk to make the complaints make sense but it didnt work now im just playing a forums drinking game, take a 2 shots for every forum complaining about nim/keys take one shot for every ****ing censor you see in those forums

Obvious Lee
04-17-2013, 02:11 AM
you must be quite **** *** ****ed up then, arent'cha? ;). well im off to bed. ya see this stunning avatar picture is of the woman wo for some warped reason wants to be my wife. and she's asleep, in bed, naked. think im gonna go get me some sleep next to that. toodle noodles.

Mawl
04-17-2013, 02:12 AM
you must be quite **** *** ****ed up then, arent'cha? ;). well im off to bed. ya see this stunning avatar picture is of the woman wo for some warped reason wants to be my wife. and she's asleep, in bed, naked. think im gonna go get me some sleep next to that. toodle noodles.

get on it then man, also thanks for the drink

Obvious Lee
04-17-2013, 02:13 AM
lol will do, and anytime. have a good one, and happy drinking.

RoG Goat
04-17-2013, 06:26 AM
I put this in another thread as well, thought it would fit nicely here too ;D

Yea, um... I finally got to Nim last night...
And I beat him first try with an LMG + Overcharge -__-

All these people are talking about needing a strategy, precise weapons, perfect shield... are you kidding me?
The only strategy you need is to spam the evade button. Hell, you don't even need to evade! You can dodge ALL of his attacks by simply running in the opposite direction.

I packed an infector 'just in case' and I didn't even use it. After his attacks he stands still for like 3 seconds before attacking again... when he's standing still.... DOING NOTHING.... Shoot him!

1st phase
I came in expecting the worst, after reading this thread of course, so I was running circles around him at the start... getting his attacks down. After that, I just lit him up. You can kill him with 2 clips of the LMG.

2nd phase
Took me 5 seconds to realize what he was doing... I had recently been watching Naruto, and the first thing I thought of was 'shadow clones' L0L! I just tossed out a grenade to thin them out, watching Nims health bar the whole time. When I would find the real one, I would light him up and when he ran, repeat.

3rd phase
Same as first.

zapfrog
04-17-2013, 06:45 AM
So far the bosses have reminded me of the old school game bosses from PS2, SNES, etc. There were some hard ones back in the day but you just had to figure them out. So far I have figured them out with only a few deaths here and there.

I'm sure that once I get to Nim I will get frustrated and die a number of times but then figure it out. So far it's all about patterns, line of sight and load outs. I would rather have the challenge for 60 bucks than breeze through it.

Shadow assasin
04-17-2013, 06:48 AM
Na he aint. I did it fine. I used a combat shotgun on him an it worked fine (easier so you don't need to actually aim) seriously once you have done it then you'll wonder why you even found it hard

Technodude
04-17-2013, 06:52 AM
Every topic about NIM where OP feels it is too difficult becomes e-peen stoking contest of internet tough guys.

Rhorge
04-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Judging from the spelling of the OP, this is a troll thread. A person with enough patience to spell, use grammar and punctuate correctly surely has the patience to figure out Nim.

Badblade
04-17-2013, 10:24 AM
The fact that so many claim it is a good challenge... suggests that it isn't too hard. It does suggest that some players need to try varying their strategy. Put away the sniper rifle that you love. Switch up your perks. Do something different rather than repetitively beating your head against a wall with a build that doesnt work.

I'm not a wiz at shooters, and I beat him in 10 or 11 tries.

Garu
04-17-2013, 10:28 AM
I did this first time and didn't think anything of it tbh, used an assault rifle with overcharge, but there's a lot of people struggling on it so perhaps add a easy mode for this fight that rewards like a quarter of the exp and no gun reward etc so that the people struggling can finish it.

Yenkin
04-17-2013, 10:46 AM
I think an easy mode with less rewards could work, keeping his attacks the same but slowing down the cycles of his special attacks and more time during his do nothing. Not everyone is twitch focused in games, but this game is more about figuring out how mobs do what they do, using dodge and LOS has been my friend most of the time. But I have just to NIM and won't be trying him until the weekend when I have the time to spend figuring it out. Will have to let you know how a 60 year old does, the biggest challenge I get is not from single powerful mobs, it is when I am being surrounded by multiple mobs all shooting me at once, luanching gernades and rocket launchers.

I remember in one mission kiting mobs through a narrow space turning around and tossing a gernade into the space. Now that was fun.

jnt
04-17-2013, 10:49 AM
I think an easy mode with less rewards could work, keeping his attacks the same but slowing down the cycles of his special attacks and more time during his do nothing. Not everyone is twitch focused in games, but this game is more about figuring out how mobs do what they do, using dodge and LOS has been my friend most of the time. But I have just to NIM and won't be trying him until the weekend when I have the time to spend figuring it out. Will have to let you know how a 60 year old does, the biggest challenge I get is not from single powerful mobs, it is when I am being surrounded by multiple mobs all shooting me at once, luanching gernades and rocket launchers.

I remember in one mission kiting mobs through a narrow space turning around and tossing a gernade into the space. Now that was fun.

Rather then an easy mode with less rewards (what would that even be? no pistol? blue pistol?) Trion could create a slow increase in challenge during the course of the story. Make the curve ending at Nim a hill instead of the equivalent of running across a beach and into a cliff.

Garu
04-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Rather then an easy mode with less rewards (what would that even be? no pistol? blue pistol?) Trion could create a slow increase in challenge during the course of the story. Make the curve ending at Nim a hill instead of the equivalent of running across a beach and into a cliff.

I didn't notice any huge jump in difficulty with nim the only thing i remember thinking in regards to the fight was that that type of fight proves that raids could work in this game, multi phasing fight with actual mechanics in an enclosed environment.

jnt
04-17-2013, 11:01 AM
I didn't notice any huge jump in difficulty with nim the only thing i remember thinking in regards to the fight was that that type of fight proves that raids could work in this game, multi phasing fight with actual mechanics in an enclosed environment.

It has not been an uncommon attitude that Nim is oddly challenging. Take into account how shockingly easy the rest of the game is at the moment.

If you can place a cross hairs on the weak spot and keep moving at the same time Defiance isn't particularly demanding.

Santana Ortega
04-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Beat him again last night.

Easiest way is Beam weapon so you can recharge your shields.
Simple as that.

Now if you want the challenge you go with whatever you want and keep moving , rolling and shooting.

I used a basic white BMG that did 46 per tick on Nim and a Assault rilfe for the 2nd part to shoot him on the balcony, that ran out quick then swapped to a Wolfhound.

The fight is not as hard with the BMG

JohnnyInk
04-17-2013, 11:06 AM

I beat him in 3 tries.. :)

Mavor
As a modern gamer - Nim should not present any specially difficult challenge for anyone. Hes tough but by no means as strong as folks keep making him out to be. He just isnt.

JohnnyInk
It has not been an uncommon attitude that Nim is oddly challenging. Take into account how shockingly easy the rest of the game is at the moment.

If you can place a cross hairs on the weak spot and keep moving at the same time Defiance isn't particularly demanding.

+1....

/10char

Jestunhi
04-17-2013, 11:08 AM
I beat him in 3 tries.. :)

Same. Took me 1 self revive and 1 respawn to learn his moves, beat him on the third try.

Rizaun
04-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Every topic about NIM where OP feels it is too difficult becomes e-peen stoking contest of internet tough guys.

Which proves that Nim is easy.

PureLegends
04-17-2013, 11:15 AM
beat him on the first try, not really all that difficult imo

Dreadzor
04-17-2013, 11:15 AM
I killed him on the first attempt using nothing but a cluster shot shotgun. Sidestrafing and occationally sprinting round pillars, rather than dodge rolling. Doing a 2nd playthrough at the moment and really looking forward to trying something else on him this time.

NarcoticDragoon
04-17-2013, 11:16 AM
Everyone's complaining about him, yet he's then easiest boss I've ever fought. EVER.

Spectre2015
04-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Nim is perfectly fine as is. Beat him just this morning for the first time using Decoy and a fully-auto assault rifle. I did die twice on the third stage of the fight as I messed up a few timings but was a very satisfying fight. Did not once feel as though he was using some cheap move or some cheap mechanic that puts me at a disadvantage. Wish the game had more unique and engaging fights like that that test an individuals playing skill.

Viibl
04-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Nim's fine. OP needs to turn off aim-assist and practice more.

MrE78
04-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Hrm I died only once I used Sporeshot through the whole fight. Once I figured out his charge he was super easy.

To say that Nim is overpowered is a joke. I am sorry that the newer generation did not have challenging games of yesteryear.

howitzer44
04-17-2013, 11:28 AM
A BMG and a respark shield is about all you need. The speed boosts perks will help as well. 1st phase is just dodging his fireballs and burst run shield thing...don't get hit by that. 2nd phase is long and boring. Stay in the middle on the opposite side of where he and the clones spawn. I found lobbing a grenade at the group when they spawn helps. He is the only one who will shoot fireballs. dodge those and focus your fire on the guy shooting the fireballs, continue to lob grenades. When the clones spawn on the upper level, kill the two in the middle on both sides and one of the guys in the corner and then dodge/jump/run away from their little axes or swords or whatever it is they throw. This phase takes the longest out of the three by far. 3rd phase. stand in the middle and always keep the middle chamber between you and him, but pop out to hit him. Dont get hit by fireballs, make sure the chamber is between both of you when he jumps to do his earthquake thing. Eventually he TPs into the vault and shards come out of the ground. Move away from the orange/yellow tiles. When he comes out, put a pillar between you and him bc he does an immediate earthquake. Rinse and repeat. Also takes a long time. NEVER STOP MOVING. I did this and beat him first try. Good Luck.

chrismeyer34
04-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Am I really the only one that thought he was to easy considering he was the last boss?

Shotty, Assualt Rifle and Overcharge. As for my shield it was a crappy low str one medium recharge rate and fast recharge timer.

Like people are saying dodge him when he charges you and line of sight him when he is casting a spell.

Hell I didn't even avoid all his crap I messed up some but still never actually died to him or went down. I'm sure if u miss dodging everything yes you will die but I mean it's a boss stuff boss's do is bad for your health. Why would you stay near him if you know he wants to do bad things to you up close?

this kid sounds more like he's still trying that CoD crap on this boss ( oh let me get in this bosses face and shoot and maybe he wont kill me, tee hee )...silly kids, this isnt that type of game and if you do that you WILL lose lol...dodging and running will be your best friends...ive solo'ed many a things in this game ( im just use to doing things solo, ie hellbug monarchs, arkfall minors, etc etc ) and even i learned that dodging and running are paramount...havent got to him yet but he sounds like fun, and im sure im gonna have a blast kickin his ***, cant wait to meet him lmao

IGN
04-17-2013, 11:30 AM
He is not hard at all.

Trion please don't tone down any bosses because people that can't dodge are asking you too.

Anim
04-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Well, to shut people up I just recorded a video of killing Nim at 185>215 EGO (it went up in his dungeon) without using ANY perks and random green items. Shall be uploading soon.

BryaanHatton
04-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Nim isn't overpowered, you just need to know how to beat him. BMG and B button to dodge for the people who really lack the skill ;)

IGN
04-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Well, to shut people up I just recorded a video of killing Nim at 185>215 EGO (it went up in his dungeon) without using ANY perks and random green items. Shall be uploading soon.

Oooh that's nice! I beat him at around 300 ish, but I did use Blur a lot. Makes running up to him and shotgunning him in the face all the easier.

OldGuyWithStick
04-17-2013, 11:45 AM
I just kept shooting him with my siphon nano-fragger til he stopped getting back up, but he was definitely annoying. Much more so, I imagine, were I not able to constantly heal myself.

jnt
04-17-2013, 11:56 AM

It won't have any community effect :P

"Just because you can do it easily doesn't mean he's easy for me" blah blah

Anim
04-17-2013, 12:02 PM
It won't have any community effect :P

"Just because you can do it easily doesn't mean he's easy for me" blah blah

its so true :( i even managed to get incap'd because the recording paused for a second as it rendered one video and started a new recording at some predetermined 'max record length' time, right as the crystals exploded around me when I wanted to destroy them :D

Yokai
04-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Just because Nim is killable by some does not mean he's well balanced for the broad player community.

I for one agree that he's "too hard" in his current state. I killed him on the 2nd attempt several days after my (failed) first attempt and quitting after about 90 minutes of trying. The 2nd attempt took nearly 90 minutes too. And I HATED every ****ing minute of it. Not a fun fight. Not looking forward to doing it all over yet again in a few more days for my spouse when my hands and patience have recovered.

This fight is way overtuned.

jnt
04-17-2013, 12:06 PM
its so true :( i even managed to get incap'd because the recording paused for a second as it rendered one video and started a new recording at some predetermined 'max record length' time, right as the crystals exploded around me when I wanted to destroy them :D

Ha look at the post below yours.

jnt
04-17-2013, 12:07 PM
Just because Nim is killable by some does not mean he's well balanced for the broad player community.

I for one agree that he's "too hard" in his current state. I killed him on the 2nd attempt several days after my (failed) first attempt and quitting after about 90 minutes of trying. The 2nd attempt took nearly 90 minutes too. And I HATED every ****ing minute of it. Not a fun fight. Not looking forward to doing it all over yet again in a few more days for my spouse when my hands and patience have recovered.

I appreciate your perspective but I disagree. I sincerely believe the rest of the game is has a difficulty curve that is far too flat. Dark Matter combat should be harder to prep people for Nim or something.

GroggyOx
04-17-2013, 12:10 PM

he is not overpowered. you just needed to incorporate some real thought and skill into this battle. he is suposse to be hard, i loved the three stage boss fight and felt that some real thought went into developing it instead of just a run and gun.

chrismeyer34
04-17-2013, 12:17 PM
lmao, i bet those people who think the boss fights in this game are overtuned wished they hadnt ran their mouths about those plasmas huh lmao...people need to quit stressing the dev's out with this kinda stuff...the game wasnt meant to be easy nor were the bosses, ergo thats why their bosses lmao smh...go play pokemon if you want something easy, no offense...i in fact love the difficulty that this game has, its just perfect because its a " learn as you go " kinda game...people nowadays want "something so easy, even a caveman can do it " kind of game...thats why this game was geared with an m rating...we ADULTS like a challenge and dont believe everything should be handed to us... i like to earn those rewards from my battles, not have them given to me on a platter:p

Anim
04-17-2013, 12:19 PM
lmao, i bet those people who think the boss fights in this game they hadnt ran their mouths about those plasmas huh lmao...people need to quit stressing the dev's out with this kinda stuff...the game wasnt meant to be easy nor were the bosses, ergo thats why their bosses lmao smh...go play pokemon if you want something easy, no offense...i infact love the difficulty that this game has, its just perfect because its a " learn as you go " kinda game...people nowadays want something so easy, even a caveman can do it game...thats why this game was geared with an m rating...we ADULTS like a challenge and dont believe everything should be handed to us... i like to earn my battles, not have them given to me on a platter

This game isnt a challenge though, I'd like it more difficult. As I noted above, killed Nim in 1 shot with no perks just using bad greens at EGO 185-215.

Nightside187
04-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Oh and make it have coop. Because it could probably only be done that way.

?????

Most peopel already kill im you just need to get some skills.

chrismeyer34
04-17-2013, 12:25 PM
This game isnt a challenge though, I'd like it more difficult. As I noted above, killed Nim in 1 shot with no perks just using bad greens at EGO 185-215.

that mustve been 1 helluva shot lol...the only challenge i have are some of those mobs, especially hellbugs, i love em cuz they make you have to have a strategy and not go run in with guns blazing cuz thatll get you killed quicklike lol...im nowhere near that nim guy, but i cant wait to kill em, he sounds like a lot fun...im wondering if they would up the challenge or so, be kinda cool if they did...i like the added challenge by doing everything solo...they should add a feature that would have a select on co op maps, that you can do them with a group, or for added exp or whatever,allow you to do it alone, would be nice

Darkeus
04-17-2013, 12:26 PM
He is hard... Isn't it wonderful?!?!? :p

Doomtrooper
04-17-2013, 12:28 PM

Wow this fight is so super-easy...roll, roll, roll. I one-shot the guy and was never even close to dieing.

How to win:
1. Equip Combat shotgun.
2. Shoot, shoot, shoot, roll, roll <-- Do that over and over until he dies from it.
2.5 When he starts hovering, roll away and break line of sight with a pillar.
3. Profit

Wytchfire
04-17-2013, 12:33 PM
He is a pain in the butt. However he is beatable and once you do, the fear of the fight will linger in your nightmares :)

Nim is fine, just gives you a goal to shoot for. It did take me 5 to 7 hours over 2 days to beat him, and no. I do not want to fight him again :P

Gero
04-17-2013, 12:34 PM
I beat him on the 2nd try. It really isn't that bad at all. Its the last boss of the story line, I really hope they don't nerf him. I really enjoyed fighting him.

Avagantamoz
04-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Nim is OP, simple as that. Most of the people saying he's not are people who have already beat him and don't ever have to fight him again if they don't want to. I'm a sniper for life and was sad I couldn't even get past his first form with my sniper and pistol so I had to switch to some grenade launcher and shotty I had lying in my inventory. I even had to temporarily re-spec because cloak did nothing for me against him. If the mission is going to stay solo then he needs to be tuned down. Or just let it be a co-op mission, you know, like most MMOs. The fight would have still been hard but less rage inducing and would give people more of a chance. I'm all for hard bosses but on a game with no difficulty setting, this is just crazy.

Xara
04-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Most of the people saying he's not are people who have already beat him

Uh, no ****, you ever think that they're saying that because they have beat him they don't think he is OP? durr, logic.

I beat this guy on the first try. I dunno what everyone is complaining about. It was challenging, but more than doable, and I didn't even go down.

chrismeyer34
04-17-2013, 12:41 PM
yeah i hear some people say that cloak doesnt work against him, then hear others say it does, guess ill find out when i meet em eh? lol

chrismeyer34
04-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Nim is OP, simple as that. Most of the people saying he's not are people who have already beat him and don't ever have to fight him again if they don't want to. I'm a sniper for life and was sad I couldn't even get past his first form with my sniper and pistol so I had to switch to some grenade launcher and shotty I had lying in my inventory. I even had to temporarily re-spec because cloak did nothing for me against him. If the mission is going to stay solo then he needs to be tuned down. Or just let it be a co-op mission, you know, like most MMOs. The fight would have still been hard but less rage inducing and would give people more of a chance. I'm all for hard bosses but on a game with no difficulty setting, this is just crazy.

what kind of difficulty did you have with the motherlode?

Areiela Hunter
04-17-2013, 12:59 PM
I did this first time and didn't think anything of it tbh, used an assault rifle with overcharge, but there's a lot of people struggling on it so perhaps add a easy mode for this fight that rewards like a quarter of the exp and no gun reward etc so that the people struggling can finish it.

I'd even take zero reward and zero xp just to skip it and continue with the story.

jnt
04-17-2013, 01:03 PM
I'd even take zero reward and zero xp just to skip it and continue with the story.

"Continue" ? heh, there would be a cutscene and the story ends right there.

Rizaun
04-17-2013, 01:12 PM

I'd be okay with an easy mode if the normal mode actually gave something good. Say, defeating Nim in normal / hard mode gives you his outfit as a reward while easy mode gives just experience, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be upset. But hey, they say they just want to see the story. :)

Wanderer
04-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Naaa. I like the challenge. I beat him, my bro beat him. You need Mad Skill. :cool:
Also try a different type of weapon. Weapons are not created and used equally.
^^^^ Do not Nerf him he is perfectly Fine, best fight in the whole game

Vault Dweller
04-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Nim is OP, simple as that. Most of the people saying he's not are people who have already beat him and don't ever have to fight him again if they don't want to.

lol thats why some people are re-doing the story missions so they can **** on him again =P

colinsky
04-17-2013, 01:26 PM

Yep--feel exactly the same way with Jackleg Joe. I'd love a "this mission is two hard, mark it done and please let me move on" option.

MRUNIV3RSE
04-17-2013, 01:27 PM
i killed him in 15 minutes with a standard assualt rifle with no attatchments.....Maybe your skill level needs to be toned UP

Monchi
04-17-2013, 01:35 PM

Hes not that bad i have played other games that have had harder bosses in it. I only died 2 times to him, u just need to know what his spells are and move from them and the pillars are your best friend just stay by them.

chrismeyer34
04-17-2013, 01:38 PM
Yep--feel exactly the same way with Jackleg Joe. I'd love a "this mission is two hard, mark it done and please let me move on" option.

jackleg joe wasnt too hard once i figured out the thing with the smelters, id run at em and as soon as they start their flame thing id jump over spin the air and shoot the canisters on their back and whille theyre running id focus quick like on the other guys and all, i hear a boom!!! turn my attn to jackleg...rinse and repeat...if jackleg was " too hard ", then maybe those people dont need to play this game...its called being nimble...overcharge is my best friend, used an AR with a rocket launcher to beat him...nothing difficult...people want games waaaaaay too easy, like they want the dev's to hold their hands or something, if this game is way too hard then dont play it and move on, im not trying to be rude or anything but its people like that who ruin a really good game with whining and complaints about how difficult a game is, its suppose to be difficult albeit id rather have better loot for completing a really hard mission...im not w/o sympathy though cuz you have a lot of people who are new to these kinds of games, but they have to understand thats this is how the devs wanted it to be, why have them ruin it so other people can have their hand held? ( ergo the tutorial )...makes no sense to me period

Dmec
04-17-2013, 01:41 PM
As others have said BMG, sprinting and bunny hopping works fine. Hide behind pillars when you need to recharge and heal. Dont even need to dogde. He is not that hard its just a long fight.

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 01:43 PM
I didn't have any problems with him the first time through.. but yeah.. it's a long fight. Then again, so is Jack. For me it was a matter of using the pillars and working the nano effects and crit bonuses on an AR that did the trick with Nim.

Mhaer
04-17-2013, 01:43 PM
yeah i hear some people say that cloak doesnt work against him, then hear others say it does, guess ill find out when i meet em eh? lol

It works fine against him.

dash x73
04-17-2013, 01:46 PM
you suck at video games then...

chrismeyer34
04-17-2013, 01:49 PM
It works fine against him.

ah ok, i said that cuz i hear a lot of people saying that the cloak is glitched during the fight and he can still see you lol

Sdric
04-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Stop crying and use space + cover.

jnt
04-17-2013, 01:51 PM
ah ok, i said that cuz i hear a lot of people saying that the cloak is glitched during the fight and he can still see you lol

If you cloak during an attack animation the attack will hit you. It might just be latency- mob sees you because server doesnt know you cloaked yet or some such. Projectiles in the air will hit you if you don't move too.

Defiance doesn't have a target for attacks in the traditional sense. What that means for mobs and cloak is that there is no mechanism to cloak cancel an attack. They finish the attack "cast" even if you cloak.

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 01:52 PM
you suck at video games then...

From the same guy who just posted up how BORED he is here? Hmm...

Mhaer
04-17-2013, 01:56 PM

He still attacks seemingly starting in the region he saw you last .... just like I think every mob in the game behaves for cloak? I honestly noticed no difference from him in that respect.

He is quite mobile though so people might still end up in the area of an attack and assume he saw them(or they never truly got away in the first place so his attacks are constantly uncloaking them). That's my guess.

Mclaren F1
04-17-2013, 02:00 PM
the center pillar is your friend. And a BMG/Pistol loadout carried me through.

Bang on mate, thats how i did it 2 1/2 hours later. i do think there should be away to adjust the difficulty tho cus i have a mate that is prob not going to do this which will be game breaking for both of us as we play together ever night.

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Bang on mate, thats how i did it 2 1/2 hours later. i do think there should be away to adjust the difficulty tho cus i have a mate that is prob not going to do this which will be game breaking for both of us as we play together ever night.

Put your buddy up on Team Speak or Vent.. and coach him through it from the outside.. ala "YOU CAN DO EEET!!!" Should make for a better experiences :)

Pain
04-17-2013, 02:27 PM
WOOOOW. Why are people whining about Nim? I just beat him and I died 2 times, all of which were on his first stage. On my third try, I beat him. His first stage is the hardest in my opinion.

He's not hard AT ALL and definitely isn't the hardest boss I've ever faced.

Jackleg was harder than Nim, to be quite frank.

barium
04-17-2013, 02:38 PM
after a full day of dying and losing pretty much all my money to extracts since i couldnt leave the battle and it would auto restart if i afk'd which i did i watched a vid posted by someone on here somewhere where he only used bmg and it was truely easy mode. i tried every other gun no chance but the bmg is easy mode all the way.

the fights pretty bugged though as his clones would run and shoot through the barriers plus the 2nd set of clones would perm phase jump/port everytime a bullet would try and hit them. was funny watching them do this with machine gun bullets.

use the bmg and the fights very easy mode. it dont take that long either. for me i found the fight completly undoable with any other weapon

Kwegar
04-17-2013, 06:27 PM
Beat him my first run through, died 2 times on last stage to the crystals he summons. BMG all the way. just stay near the middle pillar and every time he goes invis. RUN around the center a bit and then just after he lands fry him!! (fire grenade may be of use too, but not sure, shock/flash was worthless) a sticky detonator that drops bombs after you blow the main ones up did crazy huge damage, but ran out too fast, have to stick him.. run out of ammo too fast. again BMG all the way.

But yes I agree he is CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY hard.. while talking to my friend on steam, while he was doing it at same time, he died like 30 to 60 times.. changed to BMG died about 8 more times, but then beat him. When the first DLC shows up and we have more story, I bet they may lower how hard he is. Right now, he is END GAME. Thus VERY hard.

gothicshark
04-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Jackleg was harder than Nim, to be quite frank.

Now if this post was about Jack, yah I agree he's a pain.

Lyokira
04-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Now if this post was about Jack, yah I agree he's a pain.

Can't remember, who is jack?

Maximus Prime
04-17-2013, 06:57 PM

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?41639-54-years-old-BEAT-NIM!!!!!

zapfrog
04-17-2013, 10:34 PM
The more I read about this guy the more he sounds like Fontaine from Bioshock. Dodge, dodge, hit, dodge, dodge, hit, dodge, dodge, hit.

Here's some bosses that will give you a run for your money;

The Witch King in Lord of the Rings, have fun this one will take a few hours if not more.

Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts, one hit and your dead, no coming back, no nothing.

Final Fantasy vII end dude, another one hit and your dead and the guy constantly regenerates health.

God of War 2 Yeah fighting Zeus may seem bad *** but he quickly makes you want to break your controller.

And finally go try Demons Souls. You want crushingly hard? Go try it, that game had me pulling my hair out.

Defiance is a cake walk compared to those I mentioned.

Sarin
04-17-2013, 10:52 PM

AHAHA YES! Haven't seen that in bloody ages!

Mirimon
04-17-2013, 10:54 PM
OP.. if by over powered you mean completely predictable and easy.. then i agree..

killed him for the 11th time today, using only melee attacks... sigh...

Mamif
04-17-2013, 10:57 PM
Beat him first try.

Fun fight well done.

Shotgun/Bmg.

Dodge roll

Sarin
04-17-2013, 11:00 PM
Also..

Ahahaha @OP, sorry but you just fail at gaming. Nim is one of the easiest end game bosses I've ever fought in a game. He's so bloody predictable ahaha.

demonichatered
04-17-2013, 11:09 PM
wow... i came to the party late...

i agree that nim is pretty hard i think i died over 20 times in all his phases combined. i feel that he is slightly bugged due to the fact that i was behind a pillar when he used his ground pound sonic boom attack and would still get hit as well as being knocked to the ground having all my shields removed and his sonic boom attacks shark fin would slice me to insta death ( i think thats the only reason i died the most)

but i don't feel he should be toned down. yeah i don't play shooters that much but i coudl hold my own against pretty much all the other bosses even jackleg ( i think i died maybe 5 times due to his grenade spamming and possibly a "sniper" i hadn't seen)

i have noticed that this game has drawn a pretty elitist crowd and hwen someone makes a criticism it usually comes down to "you just suck at gaming" like Sarin above me has said.

i understand that people want challenge but i also understand people want to go through the story. i don't see why they can't add difficulties for instances.

i'll probably get flamed or something and stating that i might will probably definitely get me flamed but i thought i would put that out there.

i guess i didn't really contribute to the conversation.. well TY for reading

Ashvan Aeronor
04-17-2013, 11:12 PM
Its not hard when you learn Nims moves. Use roll and jump frequently in phase one. Phase two and Three is actualy easyer that phase one since you also have cower. If you have trouble use an BMG to reload your Shield.

Im sure you will handle it, best of Luck.

Kroktar
04-17-2013, 11:13 PM
Boss is fun...but if you know how to schwff around the corner its very easy :p

Sarin
04-17-2013, 11:32 PM
wow... i came to the party late...

i agree that nim is pretty hard i think i died over 20 times in all his phases combined. i feel that he is slightly bugged due to the fact that i was behind a pillar when he used his ground pound sonic boom attack and would still get hit as well as being knocked to the ground having all my shields removed and his sonic boom attacks shark fin would slice me to insta death ( i think thats the only reason i died the most)

but i don't feel he should be toned down. yeah i don't play shooters that much but i coudl hold my own against pretty much all the other bosses even jackleg ( i think i died maybe 5 times due to his grenade spamming and possibly a "sniper" i hadn't seen)

i have noticed that this game has drawn a pretty elitist crowd and hwen someone makes a criticism it usually comes down to "you just suck at gaming" like Sarin above me has said.

i understand that people want challenge but i also understand people want to go through the story. i don't see why they can't add difficulties for instances.

i'll probably get flamed or something and stating that i might will probably definitely get me flamed but i thought i would put that out there.

i guess i didn't really contribute to the conversation.. well TY for reading

There's nothing elitist about saying that someone does in fact have a below average skill level when they cannot understand simple pattern recognition. Seriously, have you even fought him yet? Christ Final Fantasy has hard bosses yet children can still beat these games.

I think you'll eventually come to realize that people that call for nerfs are lazy and don't want to change the way they play and just want to face tank everything.

The entire Nim 1st phase is keep shooting then just mash the roll button until he stops charging at you.
The 2nd phase is literally put one shot into each decoy until you hear a hit registry then fire on that one.
The 3rd phase is LITERALLY hide behind a wall and shoot at him.

This,,,,is not difficult nor is this even worth calling anyone who beats it "elitist". Seriously... do you people not play any other games that are actually hard....

demonichatered
04-17-2013, 11:42 PM
There's nothing elitist about saying that someone does in fact have a below average skill level when they cannot understand simple pattern recognition. Seriously, have you even fought him yet? Christ Final Fantasy has hard bosses yet children can still beat these games.

I think you'll eventually come to realize that people that call for nerfs are lazy and don't want to change the way they play and just want to face tank everything.

The entire Nim 1st phase is keep shooting then just mash the roll button until he stops charging at you.
The 2nd phase is literally put one shot into each decoy until you hear a hit registry then fire on that one.
The 3rd phase is LITERALLY hide behind a wall and shoot at him.

This,,,,is not difficult nor is this even worth calling anyone who beats it "elitist". Seriously... do you people not play any other games that are actually hard....

hey sarin.. i think you kind of focused on my elitist remark.. as i said i have beaten him and i died over 20 times.. and i didnt' call out for a nerf i was just stating that you makign a comment about "you fail at gaming" seems rather elitist. from your comments im assuming that you play shooters alot? ( if mot my bad like i said im assumign from comments i don't know you IRL) kool man. i think i stated in my post that i don't play shooters very much due to my experiences with them when im on the ps3 or 360.. ( that being people who are the most foul mouthed people/children i have ever heard. I honestly think George Carlin if he were sitll alive owuld cover his ears at these people) im nto saying you are one of these people.

but if you play shooters often yes you are going to have "the skills to pay the bills" where as i will be less proficient in ganking people.

yes i did recognize his pattern. like when he jumps up in the air and begins to roll around like sonic ( i think ) he is about to do the Artillery Shower from Hell. im nto askign for him to be nerfed but i can understand people less skilled wanting somethign more to their level which is why i said allow difficulty settings in instances. so that way it being a single player instance they can choose the level they want to play on.

i feel the they need to fix some of the bugs though like how his "Sonic Boom Shark Fin" attacks seemed to go through the pillars i was standing behind and running away from. also i don't think my dodge really helps in game i've noticed when i dodge these damend things are psychic and have their sights on me before i can even get up from my roll ( thats just my oipinion though )

Thanks for reading ^.^

ok i didn't give the reason WHY i don't play shooters but i think i did state it and if not i may have to go and edit it

Sarin
04-17-2013, 11:49 PM
hey sarin.. i think you kind of focused on my elitist remark.. as i said i have beaten him and i died over 20 times.. and i didnt' call out for a nerf i was just stating that you makign a comment about "you fail at gaming" seems rather elitist. from your comments im assuming that you play shooters alot? ( if mot my bad like i said im assumign from comments i don't know you IRL) kool man. i think i stated in my post that i don't play shooters very much due to my experiences with them when im on the ps3 or 360.. ( that being people who are the most foul mouthed people/children i have ever heard. I honestly think George Carlin if he were sitll alive owuld cover his ears at these people) im nto saying you are one of these people.

but if you play shooters often yes you are going to have "the skills to pay the bills" where as i will be less proficient in ganking people.

yes i did recognize his pattern. like when he jumps up in the air and begins to roll around like sonic ( i think ) he is about to do the Artillery Shower from Hell. im nto askign for him to be nerfed but i can understand people less skilled wanting somethign more to their level which is why i said allow difficulty settings in instances. so that way it being a single player instance they can choose the level they want to play on.

i feel the they need to fix some of the bugs though like how his "Sonic Boom Shark Fin" attacks seemed to go through the pillars i was standing behind and running away from. also i don't think my dodge really helps in game i've noticed when i dodge these damend things are psychic and have their sights on me before i can even get up from my roll ( thats just my oipinion though )

Thanks for reading ^.^

Yeah I did sorry, at work and not paying too much attention.
Not just shooters, just games in general. I just get snippy when people call for nerfs on things that can be accomplished by applying yourself. On these forums alone I've seen people upwards of 50 and 70 years old beat Nim after a many tries because they clued on as to how you beat the boss. More people need to do this, there are a few more threads saying that they've "died dozens of times" and call for nerfs. Seems a little bit sad really that people give up so easilly, but alas I come from the generation where we didn't get the luxury of having games tweaked because they were hard, we had a game disk/cartridge and you would get angry, very angry and keep fighting and getting better to beat the boss. That was what gaming was to me, challenges to be overcome.

Just the thought that a company could nerf one of the few challenging fights in the game makes me pretty annoyed and snappy.

Thanks for the reply.

Beck
04-17-2013, 11:50 PM
http://www.ktamradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Butt-Hurt-Report-Form.jpg

Taux
04-17-2013, 11:57 PM
In all honesty, I found most bosses to not be much of a problem for soloing. I didnt even have that much amazing weapons. (VOT SMG + 5 shot 1000 damage nade launcher)
I only found the second last boss (the lieutenant) to be troublesome because i didn't realize he was calling in airstrikes on me.

I only had blur too, which wasn't very useful for most bosses. xD

In all honesty, the last boss was probably one of the easiest.
Very predictable pattern, the only projectiles he shoots are slow moving and has a delay before shooting and stuns himself every now and then.

Compared to fighting raiders with normal bullets, i found it a breeze, but that's just me. :\

Though i do agree some situations are bull for solo, ridiculous amounts of enemies and such, but overall seems rather doable for solo without dying too much.

FantasyMeister
04-18-2013, 12:02 AM
Beat him first try.

Fun fight well done.

Shotgun/Bmg.

Dodge roll

Same, did him this morning just after my EGO hit 1500+

Shotgun and BMG as well.
If it's any help I used a Respark Regenerator III D shield (25% HP Regen, Damage Resistance vs Fire, 1154 Capacity, 40% Recharge, 2.85 second delay) and lots of jumping and rolling.

demonichatered
04-18-2013, 12:10 AM
hey sarin i know that feel of cartridge days i was born in 84.. my first game i can remember playing is the first FF for nintendo ( maybe jump man for atari (?) ) and i understand how people can get upset for people crying NERF NERF NERF all the time.. sometimes its justified and sometimes its just assinine.. i think the people who shout nerf the most been watching those toy gun commercials...

ITS NERF OR NOTHING!!!!!!
and honestly thats what im hearing. "IF THEY DON'T NERF IT IM QUITTING!!"

i tell you what they need to nerf... that DAMN GIANT OBELISK OF DOOM THAT WAS BLOCKING MY ENTRANCE INTO SF >.> ^.^ 1 hko is a bit much i owuld prefer it to be able to realise my mistake and ATTEMPT a run for it before i die LOL ( did this way back before i foudn out it was mission related)

anywho sarin you on pc or what platform im on PC

Sarin
04-18-2013, 12:25 AM
hey sarin i know that feel of cartridge days i was born in 84.. my first game i can remember playing is the first FF for nintendo ( maybe jump man for atari (?) ) and i understand how people can get upset for people crying NERF NERF NERF all the time.. sometimes its justified and sometimes its just assinine.. i think the people who shout nerf the most been watching those toy gun commercials...

ITS NERF OR NOTHING!!!!!!
and honestly thats what im hearing. "IF THEY DON'T NERF IT IM QUITTING!!"

i tell you what they need to nerf... that DAMN GIANT OBELISK OF DOOM THAT WAS BLOCKING MY ENTRANCE INTO SF >.> ^.^ 1 hko is a bit much i owuld prefer it to be able to realise my mistake and ATTEMPT a run for it before i die LOL ( did this way back before i foudn out it was mission related)

anywho sarin you on pc or what platform im on PC

Haha, very true. Sad that complaining is the number one thing to do rather than knuckle down and get better.

Yeah, was a bit disappointed actually that we didn't get a mega boss battle out of that mech haha :(

PC man :)

zombielord
04-20-2013, 08:35 AM
I thought he was way overpowered but after a while I realised he is actually a piece of p!ss when using the right weapons.

Rhorge
04-20-2013, 08:39 AM
I thought he was way overpowered but after a while I realised he is actually a piece of p!ss when using the right weapons.

This. People need to adapt their tactics instead of moaning that they can't brute force the game their own way.

Ngamok
04-20-2013, 08:46 AM
He's easy, Line of Sight his abilities around the pillars and keep moving. I used an HP Regen Shield and Perks and the +225 HP Perk to keep m y health up as I spammed Clustershot Shotgun (the one that fires grenades) on him.

Dayrec
04-20-2013, 09:11 AM
There was a guy who was 54 years old beat nim he posted a thread about it.

Tiani
04-20-2013, 09:25 AM
I didnt have any problems with him just BMG pretty much whole fight, stage one was hardest for me rest was pretty easy. You need a fast regen shield and keep moving/dodging his attacks.

Death Wish
04-20-2013, 09:25 AM
I killed him with a modded BMG, It cuts down on his attacks, when you get hit hide behind the pole and heal yourself.
NIM is kinda easy if you just keep your distance time your rolls and hit him with the ghostbuster gun.

Reddd
04-20-2013, 09:37 AM
I bugged this fight for Nim's bad pathing around pillars, the self-revive/extract keys not working correctly, and the overused boring mechanic of "kill boss 3x to advance". I'm always amazed at the logic of how enemy boss mobs get stronger the MORE I kill them... perhaps the devs wish us to kill him with love and hugs instead?

The fight is not difficult. You only make it difficult with your weapon choice. It is heavily biased against slow firing weapons. Switch to a submachine gun and this fight becomes ridiculously easy.

MaSh_MaN94
04-20-2013, 09:38 AM
I used a bmg the whole way through and beat him

Gib
04-20-2013, 09:45 AM
I am glad they made him a lot tougher than the other enemies in the game after the way they built him up so much. If he was a pushover it would take away from the whole story arc concerning his character. That being said, if you can dodge roll and strafe around a pillar then you can beat Nim.

kkhendy
04-20-2013, 09:48 AM
Just dodge round the pillars and don't expect the fight to last you 2 minutes, little bit of patience never goes amiss.

I'm personally glad they made him a challenge, and even then I didn't find him that hard. I beat him first major try and died once, at most, per phase. Fought harder Bulwark fights than him to be honest.

Dragonace09
04-20-2013, 11:18 AM
1. Have a BMG equipped.
2. Have defense centric and explosion and or overcharge perks set(this is just one set up many many others work too).
3. Have a sticky delayed or large radius or ground pounder style detonator equiped.
4. Have either a pyro, frag, or split frag(detonates into multiple smaller ones) grenade.
5. Be so comfortable with dodge and sprint running that they are second nature.
6. Have a 1300 range shield with a 40% charge or better.
7. Time your overcharge usage(if you go that perk route) for use in the third phase instead of the first or second since those are usually the easier phases imo.

First phase: This is a rather easy phase, you just time his runs and voice cues for his AI and detonate between your sprint and dodging out of the way. If you lose shield/health, flip to your bmg and heal up.

Second phase(where he splits into multiples for part of it): near the central pillar but on the opposite side of section that his clones spawn. Use the bmg offensively or the nader to damage him or the clones as needed.

Second phase(where he goes up top to throw the energy bolts at you): pick a side of the room and starting at the center bmg immediately the one near center pillar then move into the section of the room along the same side and bmg down 2 more(or just start on the second of the 3 and go from there). You're doing this to essentially clear a side where you can duck behind the far piller in that room and get hit by either none or just one of the bolts from the other clones. Once done set back up for the clones running around on the ground in the first part of the second phase.

Third phase first part: This I call the dodge rolling phase. Stick around the center pillar. Memorize his pattern of movement and sound cues(when he spins to do the aoe energy burst on the ground). Always make sure you're on the opposite side of the center pillar from that aoe. If you get hit with it, just bmg to heal up. Otherwise when he hits the ground, immediately swivel around the pillar after to lob nades from your detonator at him and be ready to run or dodge again. Be careful because currently he can also run straight through the pillar during this as a sort of dirty cheat. Again heal up if you get swiped from any of this.

Third phase second part: when he enters the spire's force field to put cause the crystals to shoot up through the ground, watch out for the spots they'll appear at(color on the floor changes). Stray a little bit from the center pillar but not too much. Once he's done with the crystal creating he does that really nasty aoe that the closer you are to him and other crystals, the more damage you take compoundedly. Therefore, do your best to run around one side of the room, then once he's done try to get to the other side around the curve, of the side of the room, this will usually cause you to take little to no damage if you can do it right.

However if you do take damage just bmg heal it.

Just rinse and repeat until he's dead with your use of overcharge as needed.

Overall this fight is really more about healing yourself and timing to avoid damage than the damage you do to him.

Hope this example helps. You can use other set ups too of course but this one's had the easier time of it for me.

Thanks for the help i beat him took some time but this was very helpful

OcelotKharn
04-20-2013, 11:40 AM

Nim infact was far too easy for an End game boss, he was laughable at best.

Rhorge
04-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Nim infact was far too easy for an End game boss, he was laughable at best.

I don't want to come across as elitist but I completely agree. With the right gear, Nim was not even a mild challenge. With sub optimal gear, he was still easy at best.

Xabian
04-20-2013, 11:49 AM
I think he needs nerfing. Way too hard.

It takes too long to get through each phase. I have a legendary autorifle that does a lot of damage and sees me good throughout the rest of the game very high in the damage ranking but I have never used a bmg.

I feel I have no choice but to level my bmg up to be able to compete with him.

Stage 3 is just impossible for me!

Scarab
04-20-2013, 11:53 AM
LMFAO, it does nothing cuz you targeted darkness and not nim!

jnt
04-20-2013, 11:53 AM

It takes too long to get through each phase. I have a legendary autorifle that does a lot of damage and sees me good throughout the rest of the game very high in the damage ranking but I have never used a bmg.

White weapons do comparable damage to your legendary ar.

Work on your movement and shoot him in the head.

OcelotKharn
04-20-2013, 11:54 AM

I would suggest better use of perks and weapons, I have 3 perks I always keep and those are Extra Health, Extra Health Regen and Armor perks. Those combined with a shotgun and overpower and knowing when to move you will kill him easily in 5 mins

Keeferton
04-20-2013, 12:02 PM
This fight is not hard. You just can't faceroll the keyboard and expect to down him in 10 mins. You need patience, a good ego build, and the right gear. I chose to use a respark shield with 25% life regen and a detonator. I chose to use cloak but half the time he seems to know where you are so I would suggest decoy.

Comparing this to another MMO with a very difficult solo quest: The warlock green fire quest in wow. seriously just google this and it will probably bring up endless pages of QQ and the occasional OMFG I finally beat him. It took me around 10 hours to finally down that boss and about 30-45 mins for this one. It really is a joke.

COLD
04-20-2013, 12:05 PM
yeah is op he use shotgun and camo haha crying again !to hard to long overpowered please nerf this nerf that try dark soul you loser

Jay ski
04-20-2013, 12:08 PM
I handed my girlfriend the controller and she even beat him bro...its not impossible

Bullguard
04-20-2013, 12:14 PM
if i can kill nim any one can i used BMG mainly with some LMG usage in last stage all you need to do is dodge a lot in first stage 2nd and 3rd its stupidly easy to just hide behind pillars

twistedcritts
04-20-2013, 12:14 PM

Nope. died once. too easy.

DoyleVaan
04-20-2013, 12:40 PM
I didn't even die. He was easy. The cutscene was awesome.

Ikagawa
04-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Beat Nim a couple of hours ago. Not the easiest boss I've ever fought in a game, but he was incredibly far from hard.

One bug I ran into though is that I was stuck at the Extract screen for the entire countdown. It was kind of annoying watching Nim stab my body over and over for two minutes.

Befallen
04-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Beat him an hour ago died twice with him at a sliver because I stupidly dropped the ball and wanted to go in for the kill shot instead of waiting a split second on the first phase and died on the second phase due to not knowing the new dance... This boss is extremely easy compared to demon souls or dark souls and those games really aren't hard once you know the mechanics of the fight and how to move around and not stand still shooting. If they nerf this boss then we'll have no challenge at all. I wish there were more fights like this so the game wouldn't get stale. Or they could just add an easy mode but you would have to wear a t-shirt that states you couldn't handle a real challenge.

Epton
04-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Have they not nerfed him yet? Beat him y'day cant see what all the fuss is about tbh.

Arsenic_Touch
04-20-2013, 01:28 PM
I thought it was OP at first after I died almost instantly. Then I swapped out to an LMG and a BMG w/ cloak and a respark shield, killed his first phase... was like YEAH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY I'M THE MAN... wait what? AGAIN!!!!?? DAMN YOU! Killed him again... OH YEAH I'M THE SHTAKO!! Wait... another one? the hell trion... If I have to kill him a 4th time I'm done."

Takes lots of dodging and pillar humping. Though the fight would've made more sense as a co'op and not a solo mission.

One thing that pissed me off. His ability to use all ego powers.. I mean come on. Should let us use all ego powers at the same time.... so unfair.

Myst
04-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Nim is still miles easier than the final boss(es) in Vanquish so..Only thing that may have got me a bit upset was having to fight him more than once technically >_>

Xabian
04-21-2013, 11:34 PM
My previous post disappeared.

Basically I take back my first post on this boss.

My Ego was completely set up for damage dealing. I respecced my Ego for extra health and shield benefits and I took him out using a BMG without dying.

Not the most interesting of battles but I agree with the original post that being able to don this boss in a team rather than solo would be more fun. I enjoy the team elements of this game.

Hawkler
04-22-2013, 06:39 AM
Finally beat him yesterday. I used a magazine fed Shotgun (I'm not home so I can't see my build). I used a 3 second shield. The first part was always the hard part for me. Once I got past part one, the rest was pretty easy.

I encountered a few bugs. He would shoot me through pillars on stage 3. Knock me to my back when he would roll, even when I wasn't in his direct path.

All in all, I found him to be somewhat tough. I'm not as uber as most of you folks. It would be nice to do missions like this with at least one friend. Heck make him tougher when doing so.

zerosum
04-22-2013, 06:41 AM
I found him to be really easy with cloak and smg. Use a pilar to block line of site. Use cloak when your shield is down and the SMG helps keep you mobile. I beat him on the first shot.

bigbear2face
04-22-2013, 07:29 AM
A few of my friends told me that after stage one you should use a BMG on him because it tracks to him. However, they said it takes forever.

So I listened to them. 25 minutes into stage two I almost had him dead and made a mistake. Had to restart stage 2.

I decided...Why the hell not try my LMG and Overdrive loadout?

5 minutes later stage 2 and 3 were easily crushed.

Its all about abusing the snap aim function.

ROTTENCORPSE
04-23-2013, 01:30 AM
This is one of the worst bosses ever and considering 90% of the players have given up on the boss fight all together. While there are a few players who will get lucky, then talk trash about how easy his is to beat, get real. This one boss battle has ruined the game for a lot of people, there needs to be some balance in these types of fights, but there is none in this case. He is way overpowered and really needs to be fixed. People pay $60.00 to enjoy a game be able to complete it and not have it end because of an over powered cheap boss. It has nothing to do with having "skills" or having to "man up". Considering the MAJORITY of the games owners have complained about this issue, it seems more in line with the community speaking up regarding a fault in the game. Sure you will have a small few, like I said who will get lucky after hours of trying, but should gamers really be forced to play a 15 minute boss battle for several hours. fact is he is overpowered, and very cheap. Fix it

Rizaun
04-23-2013, 01:38 AM
This is one of the worst bosses ever and considering 90% of the players have given up on the boss fight all together.

Actually, 148% of the players beat Nim without using their hands. See? I can make **** up too.

Maximus Prime
04-23-2013, 01:41 AM
Actually, 148% of the players beat Nim without using their hands. See? I can make **** up too.

You're meanie... He just wanted a hug. Poor ROTTEN, can't beat Nim.

@ROTTEN Chill now, everything going to be ok...
http://cleareyesfullshelves.com/static/5074b6b1e4b01e64d212931a/50ec9c48e4b0b16f1769adf9/50ec9c4ae4b0b16f1769b21e/1356839297413/dawsoncries.gif/1000w

Rizaun
04-23-2013, 01:43 AM
You're meanie... He just wanted a hug. Poor ROTTEN, can't beat Nim.

http://cleareyesfullshelves.com/static/5074b6b1e4b01e64d212931a/50ec9c48e4b0b16f1769adf9/50ec9c4ae4b0b16f1769b21e/1356839297413/dawsoncries.gif/1000w

No crying! Or else...

http://the-income-team.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/googleslap.jpg

zerounlmtd
04-23-2013, 01:45 AM
After fighting him completely unprepared the first time my brain instantly concluded he is a LoS enemy, hence break his LoS and you have no worries, he is in fact UNDERPOWERED , get blur, a pump shotgun and some skill and you'll be done in no time. Every enemy has a weakness but unfortunately problem solving skills are the average gamers weakness. No offense to the OP here this is more directed to anyone thinking he's the most terrible boss in the game. Use your noggin guys.

Maximus Prime
04-23-2013, 01:46 AM
No crying! Or else...

But dude. He's been at it for several hours. Let him cry on forums. At least for a bit...

VonTreece
04-23-2013, 01:47 AM

I really hope they don't nerf him.
Nim was perfect in my opinion.
He was definitely a challenge, but he wasn't impossible.
Once you figure out the strategy, it's pretty straight forward.
Just keep at it.

Darkfyre
04-23-2013, 01:50 AM
he's too easy. make him harder

ScorpionKing0
04-23-2013, 01:52 AM
This boss isn't hard per se but he is different from a lot of the enemies in-game. As a final boss he doesn't represent a final test of our skills that we learned throughout this game. For those who play other harder games knew this quickly and changed tactics to beat him while others who got lucky with the right skill sets to beat him did so easily. He isn't a bad boss more like a misplaced boss, maybe if the developers introduced more melee-enemies or let us fight him before the final battle we would be better prepared for this. Then maybe we wouldn't have called them out on this.

TimeViewer
04-23-2013, 02:05 AM
Who ever said he's the final boss?? The game is just beginning, we have a whole future of screaming and yelling and wishing we had someone easy like Nim to look forward to (actually yes he was a PITA but working it out is what makes you a better gamer *twitch*) DLC, Future content based on how well the show does and where it goes to (just look at BSG and how that turned out (really wishes Caprica hadn't been canceled))

To be honest I really was half expecting a 4th round where he would fart thunder to kill me, I really was

Ada
04-23-2013, 02:10 AM
Hello,

I had the impression, that Nim starts to chain smash when he gets low on health during the final phase... to the point that he he smashes fast enough to hit (+knockback) you again when you are just done getting back to your feet.

Eventually I won rather.. erm.. cheaply.

After having gotten stuck in walls during my knockback adventures several times (not being able to move is not helping the ability to dodge) I was slighty eager to just get done..

The fight as a whole felt good, but the last moments ruin it.

Maybe it would have been totally different, if the walls where less sticky. :P

Sux if a "general gameplay bug" ruins the fun for The Final Battle of the current storyline.

It seemed to me, that if you am in the air when the knockback wave reaches you, you avoid the knockback.
But if stuck or still scrambling to get back to your feet, you cannot jump. :(

Regards,
Ada

7thPawn
04-23-2013, 04:49 AM
A lot of people can beat him, and that is an awesome achievement considering how at one point he killed me at 10 seconds flat in one run that I tried from the moment that he started moving. All around killing him is a very good achievement. But the point is that it should not be an 'achievement' per say reserved for a select few, but it should be a challenge that people go 'okay that was annoying but cool'. The shield boss where you had to send the flame thrower dudes under him to explode, that was challenging. It is an example of one of the many challenging missions that were part of the story line that one might die in, and then go back to and complete with some work. But that one shield dude mission (I think Jack is his name), I don't see multiple forum posts saying 'WTFBBQ' about him. Nim is the only boss that has that reserved for. Jack required tactics, a bit of hard work, and a bit of patience. Nim on the other hand requires specific skills, specific equipment, and the reaction time of a squirrel on speed.

Here is an example. In all of my character's travels, the best possible shield I got was 10%/2 second recharge. I literally found nothing other than that specific shield, anywhere, and I am sorry but that is not good enough for this fight. One wrong move in 20 minutes of fighting and you don't have shields period, and that is not going to recharge fast enough to get you back into the fight. I don't have decoy. About 60% of the posts regarding finishing him off said use decoy and he is easy as hell. I use cloak and he is not sitting around waiting for me to line up a shot or two. I don't have a BMG and have never used one. So the idea that the fight is easier with one is out of the running. I don't have the reaction time of a squirrel on speed. I am an average guy that shoots real guns for a living. I have never had to live vicariously through a game, so I am not lightning fast on the draw when it comes to FPS situations, and he requires it.

All around, the fight is not set up for the 'layman'. You should be able to go in with any personal skillset, with the equipment that you have been using, and the skills you have been using, and complete that part of the story. It should be challenging to be sure, but Jack was challenging, and more importantly it was fun. You shouldn't have to go in for hours of pure pain that makes you want to stick a spoon up your own butt, to find just the correct set of circumstances and moves to finish this. If he is supposed to be this hard, then I am sorry he either needs to be toned right the hell down, or he needs to be turned into a party boss (Yes I said party boss, because yes this is supposed to be an RPG and it would provide a reason to get people to stop doing everything solo).

So let's look at the reality of the mathematics involved in their decision on this kind of ending to this part of the storyline. All around, even if let's say 60-70% of players CAN beat him (I am being generous and think the number closer to 40-50%), that leaves 30-40% of a potential player base that will not be able to get past this part of the potential storyline. They will get angry, annoyed, and/or dejected and leave. Now I know that some will say, 'Fine let these babies leave, we are tired of their QQs'. But what this means that from a continued existence of the franchise standpoint, is that this is a disaster for them to alienate 30-40% of their potential continued player base. It means less revenues, which means less development, and means that the game slowly but surely hemorrhages into oblivion. It is widely known from a customer service perspective that one dissatisfied customer equals fifteen (Give or take, but it is also the reason why big companies work so hard to keep a customer happy as hell because it costs insane amounts of money to bring people back). So to use a round number, if 1000 players are pissed enough to say 'screw this', that means that 15,000 people are not playing the game through word of mouth transmission. Not a bad number. But lets multiply that to more realistic levels. Let's use another round number and say 1,000,000 person player base. At the low end of the equation above, let's apply 30% dissatisfaction and they leave. That is 300,000 people that say 'this is dumb' and move on to greener pastures. That means through word of mouth and other forms of communication about their experiences about the game, 4.5 million people are negatively affected by the game. So 4.2 million people that could potentially try the game are already saying 'I heard that it is stupid'. This means less revenues, and less money on development because they need to advertise even harder to change their minds. And for what? Because some developer thought 'it should be hard' and didn't get smacked in the head by his bosses. I am not saying that it should be easy. I am saying that if a vast cross section of the player base are saying that the Nim fight is dumb like a bag of hammers, that it should be moved into the challenging category (Like the Jack fight), and out of the we need a party to fight him and/or the reaction time of Jet Li after smoking a big fat bag of crack.

The fight is an achievement the way that it is. I don't take away from that. If you got past it, then I say kudos to you as in hours of fighting I can't even get past his first iteration. But keep in mind that the numbers above say that that 'achievement' of fighting and beating your hard boss, is going to cost the game insane amounts in the long run. From a purely fiscal and developmental standpoint brought on by continued revenues of game purchases, and game store purchases brought on by a full and continually expanding player base, you even with your achievement will want Nim toned the hell down also. This will keep the company coffers full to give you all continued material to play with. Keep him as an E-Peen achievement, and you lose continued development and eventually the game. No skin off my back though as I have done my hours of stupidity on Nim, and now don't play till they fix this. When asked I say hell no don't play this game, here is a beta key to Firefall if you want a RPGish FPS. And that is how easy it is for 15 people to be affected, and why it will cost everyone in the Defiance community more and more the longer this remains unaffected. Up to you.

Dantos
04-23-2013, 04:57 AM
Once you get past the 1st phase, hes not to hard, definitely the most challenging fight of the game though. Try sprinting to dodge the dash attacks, thats the only thing i got to work.

When I fought him the first time I actually didnt know about the ammo packs around the sides of the room. That got ugly fast =(

I found in the 3rd phase a Wolfhound pistol makes the fight go REALLY fast.