PDA

View Full Version : Whats the point of getting high score?

tarmim
04-01-2015, 01:13 PM
Whats the point? Sh**ty drops anyway.
Not a single headgear. If i get in major on beginning im usually always 1st.
But i could just arrive and shoot everything once, and oohh i got new mkii jp!
And if you get high score people be like: you use hacks! Infector noob! Wtf youre cheating you shouldnt equip any shields! Smgs are for noobs because they do high DPS! Spikes are op because you never run out of ammo/never die/ you using 100%+ dmg spikes wth man?! Omg ofcourse its easy to get to first place when you have orange weapons! Only reason i try to get score is because of the arkforge

Also having big problems trying get pumpkin headgear

So ive been asking around how to get the pumpkin headgears, people say shoot pumpkins... Okayy ive done maybe 10 hh majors and 20 reveng of plaguers, shooted over 5 pumpkins per minor, havent got any .

Is my luck just really really bad or does this happen to others?
Ohh and ive done maybe 30 total majors, 0 oj drops, 1 purple mod :) no bucked capotain headgear

And yes i know that this system is going tonchange, and im verry happy about it. Just curious how ?

Alastar
04-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Working as intended. Score =/= good drops, shooting pumpkins =/= getting the hats, effort =/= reward. May as well just show up at the final shoot something and tinker around on your phone til its over. Maybe if you do enough you'll get something good. You can also grind and grind and grind and be boned by the RNG. It happens a lot.

Adage
04-01-2015, 01:20 PM
You're just getting bad luck. I got headgear in the first 3 majors I went to in the event. I would trade you them all for some oj drops though.

ShatterST4R
04-01-2015, 01:23 PM
Already got 60 hours in and no jackpot yet. See the same people pulling multiples.

Ray8888
04-01-2015, 01:23 PM
That's why you get a welfare present.
Back in my day we got no welfare up hill both ways in the snow. Now get off my lawn.

ShatterST4R
04-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Back in my day we got no welfare up hill both ways in the snow. Now get off my lawn.

Yeah that's what I'm glad for. But they need to fix score. I've given up on trying with nothing yet. Just get 100 points and sit outside since reward is same for doing a lot or doing nothing.

Duke_Shambles
04-01-2015, 01:29 PM
Meh, i could care less about the leaderboard, I do however care about getting some arkforge and keys if I'm gonna go through the trouble to be there.

Alastar
04-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Yeah working towards a goal only to be slapped in face by terrible RNG can get frustrating.

DeMoNofDEATH
04-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Defiance is for Noobs as far as I can tell ;) I'm the biggest NOOB out there

People complaining at every arkfall tha BMG's are for noobs, Smg's are for noobs, infectors are for noobs, etc...

What are we supposed to do? stand there and look pretty?

Noob it up nooby nooberton!

Or dont play if it bothers you that much... Seriously.... JEEZ :'( ive havent heard so much crying since the pope died.

Adage
04-01-2015, 01:33 PM
Yeah that's what I'm glad for. But they need to fix score. I've given up on trying with nothing yet. Just get 100 points and sit outside since reward is same for doing a lot or doing nothing.

Except you get no keycodes or arkforge, which are extremely easy to get in these events.

Rashere
04-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Score only affects currency, xp gained from the event, and bragging rights, not items. Those are random and the same for everyone that meets the minimum threshold for participation.

The exception is sieges, which have their own reward system that allows score to influence the item rewards.

Alastar
04-01-2015, 01:35 PM
So what we need is arkfall score to function like sieges lol

Tsano
04-01-2015, 01:36 PM

O-oh! Sorry--here \(<_<) *gives Ray prune juice*

Please don't beat me down with your cane. I'm just a doggie with a top hat >:

But yes-- tis' the nature of the beast. Keep at it, we've got 3 weeks.

DeMoNofDEATH
04-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Score only affects currency, xp gained from the event, and bragging rights, not items. Those are random and the same for everyone that meets the minimum threshold for participation.

The exception is sieges, which have their own reward system that allows score to influence the item rewards.

Are blues good? cause Ive been getting a ton of those ;)

Gai
04-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Best thing to do is go get a score of 10k and go afk.

ShatterST4R
04-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Except you get no keycodes or arkforge, which are extremely easy to get in these events.

Wrong with clan rank 3 you still get 2-3 keys per arkfall.

ShatterST4R
04-01-2015, 01:53 PM

This is how ark falls need to be.. Based rewards off consistency and participation. I constantly score 20K+ for the tier 5 on sieged and pull many good things

tarmim
04-01-2015, 02:45 PM
This is how ark falls need to be.. Based rewards off consistency and participation. I constantly score 20K+ for the tier 5 on sieged and pull many good things

This is thing we need.

tarmim
04-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Fastest way is just shooting something once and call your whole clan there so more ppl will be doing the arkfall so u get your rewards faster :-)

dremora ven0m
04-01-2015, 03:53 PM
I dont remember shooting no pumpkin head but i did find a happy pumkin in my headgear section.
I joined Defiance the last day of the OG NFH & picked up the Buckled Capotain.Its is a cool piece headgear.
I havent dropped much oj or named gear, just 2 of each!
Yet i have very very few t4 mods & i want them more for my OG versions rather than the new weapons.

WhiteStrike
04-01-2015, 04:46 PM
This is thing we need.

That would work but the rewards should be damage based.It gets on my nerves BMGtards and Infectorn00bs getting high score without doing any actual damage to enemies.Even guys that hipfire Volge Battle Rifles do morr damage than BMg/Infector Scrublords.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-01-2015, 05:09 PM
Ill say it for the 10,000th time.....
I MISS THE OLD DAMAGE BASED SCORING SYSTEM THAT REWARDED PLAYERS FOR SKILLLLLLLL!!!! AND ABILITY!!!

Not that rng rewards have ever changed. But this team based scoring system sucks big shiny monolith balls. But they had to adapt it when leveling, threat levels, and scaling for everything came out with 2.0. The damage based system wouldnt work anymore since all ego5000+ players with the best weapons would have an unfair advantage now.

But oh to be around for the glory days of damaged based scoring!! The fond memories of the old defiance!! Ill never forget the days :)

Gai
04-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Ill say it for the 10,000th time.....
I MISS THE OLD DAMAGE BASED SCORING SYSTEM THAT REWARDED PLAYERS FOR SKILLLLLLLL!!!! AND ABILITY!!!

Not that rng rewards have ever changed. But this team based scoring system sucks big shiny monolith balls. But they had to adapt it when leveling, threat levels, and scaling for everything came out with 2.0. The damage based system wouldnt work anymore since all ego5000+ players with the best weapons would have an unfair advantage now.

But oh to be around for the glory days of damaged based scoring!! The fond memories of the old defiance!! Ill never forget the days :)

Current system is farmers paradise lol,

1. shoot something
2. afk
3. profit
repeat on another character

DEATHBRINGER210
04-01-2015, 05:21 PM
only thing good about high score is a lil extra forge and keys

MsDudette
04-01-2015, 05:26 PM
an how would this effect new and low ego players? they definitely wont be doing high damage.

Shotora
04-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Omg ofcourse its easy to get to first place when you have orange weapons!

I get first using greens with ease. If you need ojs to get first you are playing the game wrong.
Heck i got first last night in a major pilgrim the mutant one with only 6 kills. I am patron boosted thats what 10% on score right I had 90K points take away 10% boost still been 81K I'd still got first rocking a green bloodhound lol (I was working its mastery) closest person to me was 60K 5 deaths I had none lol.
Don't worry bout the people blaming you for hacks They just jealous. They will always be haters in gaming. Met so many in games that think they the best player to ever play the game and in the end they no better then 75% of the player base.
I guess just because they think they got awesome legendary weapons they know how to play lol. Give me a specific white with bio nano (also this specific gun is least used gun in the game people hate it because of it's accuracy) I'll out do an OJ radiation/fire/electric and stay on par with the OJ bio. Long as I get choose my perk build.

I'm like you I work for first for arkforge mainly I've landed few hats but i dont like any of em antlers is funny for a while but I prefer my 50K kills look over any these event cosmetics. Takes dedication to get to 50K kills if one dosnt enjoy the game they'll never reach 50K kills.

So whats the point of first really at the moment there is none other than for the AF. That may soon be changing when they drop the woot loots and rework the scoring where people get better rewards for what score they have which is supposedly coming our way this year. Guess we'll have to see we've been told some things are coming and we still waiting a year later (the Visual FX on/off switch anyone?)

DeMoNofDEATH
04-01-2015, 08:31 PM
And if you get high score people be like: you use hacks! Infector noob! Wtf youre cheating you shouldnt equip any shields! Smgs are for noobs because they do high DPS! Spikes are op because you never run out of ammo/never die/ you using 100%+ dmg spikes wth man?! Omg ofcourse its easy to get to first place when you have orange weapons! Only reason i try to get score is because of the arkforge

So ive been asking around how to get the pumpkin headgears, people say shoot pumpkins... Okayy ive done maybe 10 hh majors and 20 reveng of plaguers, shooted over 5 pumpkins per minor, havent got any .

Ohh and ive done maybe 30 total majors, 0 oj drops, 1 purple mod :) no bucked capotain headgear

And yes i know that this system is going tonchange, and im verry happy about it. Just curious how ?

sorry i misread the title i thought it said whats the point of getting high...

JOCCO5150
04-01-2015, 10:15 PM
I get first using greens with ease. If you need ojs to get first you are playing the game wrong.
Heck i got first last night in a major pilgrim the mutant one with only 6 kills. I am patron boosted thats what 10% on score right I had 90K points take away 10% boost still been 81K I'd still got first rocking a green bloodhound lol (I was working its mastery) closest person to me was 60K 5 deaths I had none lol.
Don't worry bout the people blaming you for hacks They just jealous. They will always be haters in gaming. Met so many in games that think they the best player to ever play the game and in the end they no better then 75% of the player base.
I guess just because they think they got awesome legendary weapons they know how to play lol. Give me a specific white with bio nano (also this specific gun is least used gun in the game people hate it because of it's accuracy) I'll out do an OJ radiation/fire/electric and stay on par with the OJ bio. Long as I get choose my perk build.

I'm like you I work for first for arkforge mainly I've landed few hats but i dont like any of em antlers is funny for a while but I prefer my 50K kills look over any these event cosmetics. Takes dedication to get to 50K kills if one dosnt enjoy the game they'll never reach 50K kills.

So whats the point of first really at the moment there is none other than for the AF. That may soon be changing when they drop the woot loots and rework the scoring where people get better rewards for what score they have which is supposedly coming our way this year. Guess we'll have to see we've been told some things are coming and we still waiting a year later (the Visual FX on/off switch anyone?)

Do white guns even have a nano?

Shotora
04-01-2015, 10:20 PM
yes next time i loot one i'll send ya the pic. But the gun i would specifically want I've never seen in white form so i just have to use a green for my bet right?

Other night picked up a white vbi sg with bio. Not as rare as people think i believe we just never notice cause of auto salvages and or fast merchant selling. I thought about making a pure white only loadout just to mess with ppls heads when i topple there scores with whites lol.

JOCCO5150
04-01-2015, 10:31 PM
an how would this effect new and low ego players? they definitely wont be doing high damage.

They get boosted ego when the tl is high. Boosted ego=higher dmg

bigbri2k5
04-02-2015, 05:46 AM
They get boosted ego when the tl is high. Boosted ego=higher dmg
There's a limit to boost amount which still leaves you behind naturally high EGO players. Plus if your gear is below your EGO (easy to do as a noob who doesn't know better/isn't getting better loot) then you also miss out.

WhiteStrike
04-02-2015, 06:19 AM
There's a limit to boost amount which still leaves you behind naturally high EGO players. Plus if your gear is below your EGO (easy to do as a noob who doesn't know better/isn't getting better loot) then you also miss out.

So?That works as an incentive to level up IMO.

bigbri2k5
04-02-2015, 06:33 AM
And the proposed system where they wouldn't be able to compete and get good gear to help them level would be an incentive for people to quit IMO.
Don't get me wrong I think the current system is utterly terrible, but I also don't think a pure damage system is the solution either.

WhiteStrike
04-02-2015, 06:36 AM
And the proposed system where they wouldn't be able to compete and get good gear to help them level would be an incentive for people to quit IMO.
Don't get me wrong I think the current system is utterly terrible, but I also don't think a pure damage system is the solution either.

True,but it could work as a bandage fix.We all know how Trion loves those.

JOCCO5150
04-02-2015, 08:24 AM

I agree. In fact I don't think the ego should even get a boost. I think you should have to work your butt off to get up there.

konstantinov
04-02-2015, 08:31 AM
Your BMG king has arrived...

r1p
04-02-2015, 09:59 AM
Your BMG king has arrived...

About time. I'll take a Whopper with everything, a large onion rings, and a large chocolate shake.

JOCCO5150
04-02-2015, 11:19 AM
Score=32k drop=Feaster mk ll

JOCCO5150
04-02-2015, 11:34 AM
Score=26k drop=DC1 mk ll

Alastar
04-02-2015, 11:37 AM
Wrong thread.

JOCCO5150
04-02-2015, 11:51 AM
Wrong thread.

Just showing that score doesn't matter, so people can put the bmgs away

Alastar
04-02-2015, 11:54 AM
I wasn't saying that to you lol I edited my original post with that.

posineg
04-02-2015, 11:59 AM
That would work but the rewards should be damage based.It gets on my nerves BMGtards and Infectorn00bs getting high score without doing any actual damage to enemies.Even guys that hipfire Volge Battle Rifles do morr damage than BMg/Infector Scrublords.

Salty much?

Both those items have a DMG stat correct? That must mean they do damage. Oh are you one of those that say AR or nothing?

Alastar
04-02-2015, 12:15 PM
To be fair the damage a BMG does is irrelevant. The problem is the damage a bng doesn't do that everyone around has to pick up the slack for. Alongside the graphical and lag issues and the easy mode issue BMG's are a drain on the community. Normally this isn't that big a problem (minus war master. Always a problem.) But particularly in these holiday ark falls damage matters. Most noticeably in the HH. Too many people using BMG's means there's to much carrying everyone else has to do and before you know it there's hulkers everywhere. Plus using a weapon you know is garbage just for the score is an extreme disrespect to everyone around you and extremely selfish.

SirServed
04-02-2015, 12:28 PM
To be fair the damage a BMG does is irrelevant. The problem is the damage a bng doesn't do that everyone around has to pick up the slack for. Alongside the graphical and lag issues and the easy mode issue BMG's are a drain on the community. Normally this isn't that big a problem (minus war master. Always a problem.) But particularly in these holiday ark falls damage matters. Most noticeably in the HH. Too many people using BMG's means there's to much carrying everyone else has to do and before you know it there's hulkers everywhere. Plus using a weapon you know is garbage just for the score is an extreme disrespect to everyone around you and extremely selfish.
HH? No sir. Have you ever seen a SS late at night with BMGers around? Players get camped by Volge. Right now it only happens late at night but as the event moves on and attendance numbers start to decline, it will only get worse.

Alastar
04-02-2015, 12:38 PM
SS aren't spawning often enough for me to have seen that happen :(

Ray8888
04-02-2015, 01:26 PM
Salty much?

Both those items have a DMG stat correct? That must mean they do damage. Oh are you one of those that say AR or nothing?

If I told you you got extra points for melee attacks would you be punching that Hulker in the kneecap?

It's just selfish to use BMGs at these events IMO.

JOCCO5150
04-02-2015, 01:29 PM
I'd much rather people punch them in the kneecaps than use bmg

Tex_Arcana
04-02-2015, 11:25 PM
The moral of this story?
Better to bring a sword to a gunfight than a BMG.

SUPREEM
04-03-2015, 12:45 AM

RNG is a selfish bttch lol. High scores are pointless, makes no difference when its comes to getting good loot. As for the purpose of gaining keycodes, who cares. I been opening at least 3 t4 boxes a day and the last oj I got from 1 was back in January, a crap 1 at that. However, I was fortunate enough to at least get a oj blighted and a happy pumpkin headgear so far this event. I know by the end ima have to go broke buying the event ojs I want but at least I got something for free. Just gotta stay in it to win it.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-03-2015, 02:36 AM
the "RNG " is the devils spawn and must die a painful death