PDA

View Full Version : Bad To The Bone ( PART 2)

Ozzalin
04-05-2013, 06:02 AM
On the day Defiance was born, we all gathered 'round...
And we gazed in wide wonder, at the joy we had found!
But then we spoke up, should we leave it alone?
Cuz we could tell right away, that it was bugged to the bone!!

Bugged to the bone!
Bugged to the bone!
B-B-B-B-Bugged to the bone!
B-B-B-B-Bugged...
B-B-B-B-Bugged...
Bugged to the bone!!

- Bug Thorogood & The Main Story Destroyers.
(For humoristic purpose only. And to make you laugh guys. Please don't cry lol )

Now on a more serious note:

MAIN Storyline bugged again since yesterday. (April 4th 2013) PC server.

"I love the bay. And i dont want to see it destroyed... Aaaaaagain"
- Caas Ducar

Yes my friends, like Caas said, today the infamous "Old friends, Old Swords"
mission from main storyline was...
Bugged... Aaaaaaagain. (Alpha and Beta bug 1st, now main game)
many players around the area, wandering, unable to continue their storyline... and have to wait until the next fix or (next patch if you prefer)

This thread was posted on the Alpha forum 1st (By myself)
And i was asking about the system, "One bug, and the whole storyline goes to hell"

My question, again, to you guys at Trion is:
Will Defiance remain a game where, if ONE tiny little mission along the line gets bugged, the players will have to stop their entire main storyline and have to wait days or even a week before a patch to fix it?
This cannot be, it's a NO-NO guys, one bug shouldn't affect the whole game like that.

Take "Old Friends, Old Swords" mission as an example, many of us today, finished our side missions, then continued our main storyline, we got there, and again... the farmers couldn't be saved over there, because they were running around, further down the hill near the shack, completely bugged, instead of remaining captives of the Raiders. (Again) Which means, that the whole main storyline was doomed from that point. Nothing more to do for us but to wait. Not the 1st time we've seen this bug either. (Alpha & Beta)

So once and for all guys, we would LOVE to have an answer on that one honestly, and seriously.
Are you gonna find a solution to remove the "One bug, all goes to hell" problem of Defiance, which , in my book, is the biggest flaw of the game so far. What are you guys, gonna do to prevent one bug along the way, to stop all players from continuing playing the main story? The issue was raised in Alpha and Beta forum, but as you can see here, the same bugs are plaguing the game again, and even at same spot, same locations, and same missions...

Would also be very nice to have everyone's feedback on this as well, right here.
Thank you guys.
I know you are working very hard, and around the clock!
We are all behind you, and supporting!

AngelPrice
04-05-2013, 06:08 AM
Stucked also,but one time when i opened the pc launcher it was updating for few sec hope they fix this soon, it was bugged on alpha and beta too, devs please fix this at least the storyline and episode line to work perfect

Ozzalin
04-05-2013, 06:19 AM
Stucked also,but one time when i opened the pc launcher it was updating for few sec hope they fix this soon, it was bugged on alpha and beta too, devs please fix this at least the storyline and episode line to work perfect

I know, and i saw a LOT of players, stucked...again at the same location.
I raised that issue many times in Alpha and beta, about that same mission and most importantly, the fact that if one tiny mission is bugged, the whole storyline goes to hell, and we all need to wait for a patch.

They said they fixed it, but apparently not.
I didn't want to see this happening when the game was to go live, but i guess we have no luck as here we are again.
I hope you guys at Trion will find a permanent solution to this very nasty problem.

I know we can do side missions, and arkfalls while waiting for the next patch to fix our main storyline and being able to progress again, BUT...
Will Defiance remain an experience where we will have to wait, not being able to progress every single time that a single mission is bugged? In Alpha it took hours to fix the problem, but now it's been more than a day, next time how long is it gonna take for players to continue their story progress? A week? Even more? Again, it's a NO-No guys, cannot be like that.

That is why i am saying this system is bad, regarding the main storyline.
You need to find a system where, even if one storyline mission is bugged, it wont affect the WHOLE story progression for the players, preventing them to be completely stuck.

Thx Guys.

Ozzalin
04-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Please Sledge, Dizzy or any of you devs fix "Old friends, Old Swords" main storyline mission for us to be able to continue our progression into the game. And try to fix the "One bug, all goes to hell" issue asap guys.
It needs to be a priority, as it is your MAIN storyline. Not just a little side quest.

The main story is linked to the show, the show is all about the story, so if we are all stuck and unable to progress inside the main feature and core of the game... You know? Not very good looking right?

Send us a patch guys.
Thx.

Bug description:
The farmers cannot be saved over there, because they are running around, further down the hill near the shack, completely bugged, instead of remaining captives of the Raiders.

(April 4th 2013) PC server.