PDA

View Full Version : Autoaim - on or off?

Nevzat
04-05-2013, 06:26 AM
what do you all think of the built in auto aim feature?

Is it better to learn the game without using this for long term skill reasons?

Does anyone who are not new to FPS shooters use this feature?

thanks

Noupoi
04-05-2013, 06:33 AM
I have it off because it actually can make my aim worse in some situations. Times like when the game decides that it wants to aim at something round a wall, or at a different enemy to what I was planning on.

That, and aim assist takes a lot of skill out of aiming.

Komakala
04-05-2013, 06:35 AM
Oh man I hate it. It screws up my shots all the time. When I use Right Click to aim down scope or zoom in it snaps to a nearby enemy. For example, in arkfalls when you are trying to shoot weakspots that the skitterlings make auto aim will snap the reticule to the skitterling instead of the weakspot you intend to shoot. So as a PC gamer I disable it.

If you're able to get by without it I highly recommend turning it off. Doing so forces you to become more accurate with your aim and with practice you can learn to aim better at the critical areas making you a better player.

Nevzat
04-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Bump for more feedback.

Lenko
04-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Aim assist is a crutch of console players.
It's only in the PC version because it's pretty much a 1:1 port.

Gohlar
04-05-2013, 07:34 AM
I use it for pve when I kick back with a controller.

Gamer260
04-05-2013, 07:36 AM
I have it turned off on the pc but even then at times I will notice my aim will be forced in a differnt direction when I am shooting so I think its not actully switching off at times or something.

Blackwolfe
I turned auto-aim off as soon as it was available back in alpha/beta. So much more enjoyable without it! And Im not really a twitch player or pro at aiming.

Kidkidd
I saw it was on by default on PC and nearly vomited.

Komakala
04-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Btw, I played the ps3 beta event. And the aim assist was really bugging me on there as well.

Laughter
This is my first shooter and I decided to turn it off that way I could learn to actually play a shooter without assistance. Actually, getting WAY better than what I use to be.

Aaricane
I have it off because it actually can make my aim worse in some situations. Times like when the game decides that it wants to aim at something round a wall, or at a different enemy to what I was planning on.

That, and aim assist takes a lot of skill out of aiming.The auto aim in this game is so slight, i doubt it affects your skill level.

alienoid
04-05-2013, 07:39 AM
First thing I turn off.

TheFlash
04-05-2013, 07:43 AM
I love having it as an option. It makes playing the PC version with a controller more fun, which means less strain on my hands. I'm not sure I'd recommend it if you decide PC/Keyboard is your preferred control scheme, though. I found that using a mouse with aim assist off felt pretty equivalent to an Xbox controller with aim assist on in terms of time to line up a shot/line up a headshot.

Also, the option for aim assist allows my wife to play with me and contribute more easily (she is new to shooters and still learning to use dual joysticks). She may not be getting headshots or diving and dodging enough to stay alive all the time, but she hits her targets consistently.

For those who want more of a challenge in this game, soloing, aim assist off, and PvP is definitely the way to go. :)

SpiralFox
04-05-2013, 07:50 AM
If you're using a controller and are fighting waves of easily killed enemies(hellbugs, those cleaver mutants, etc) it's easier to snap to each target when you use iron-sights. Just Iron-Sight Button, Fire, IronS, Fire, rinse and repeat.

Vhailas
04-05-2013, 08:01 AM
If you're using a controller and are fighting waves of easily killed enemies(hellbugs, those cleaver mutants, etc) it's easier to snap to each target when you use iron-sights. Just Iron-Sight Button, Fire, IronS, Fire, rinse and repeat.

A tactic learned with a shotgun in the Borderlands... hehe.