PDA

View Full Version : Not possible?

JOCCO5150
04-06-2015, 06:32 PM
Someone told me that it is not possible to get first place on the score board with 0 kills. I say it is because I've seen it done. Those of you that know it can be done, have done it, or have seen it done please inform the nay sayers. Some people say that you should get rewards according to scoreboard placement. I say this is not a good thing because it is possible to get first and kill nothing. I say if anything, rewards should be given according to dmg dealt, or not change at all.

Niner82
04-06-2015, 06:42 PM
Someone told me that it is not possible to get first place on the score board with 0 kills. I say it is because I've seen it done. Those of you that know it can be done, have done it, or have seen it done please inform the nay sayers. Some people say that you should get rewards according to scoreboard placement. I say this is not a good thing because it is possible to get first and kill nothing. I say if anything, rewards should be given according to dmg dealt, or not change at all.
Bmg healing, yes it's possible.

Atticus Batman
04-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Very possible. I have come eleventh with over 50 kills while, if I were to add the top ten's kills together it would be 3 for them total among 10 players. :confused:

DEATHBRINGER210
04-07-2015, 04:32 AM
you can also get named ojs just killing 1 and showing up 10secs before the major is over . and this happens way to much

SUPREEM
04-07-2015, 05:47 AM
you can also get named ojs just killing 1 and showing up 10secs before the major is over . and this happens way to much

Got my oj blaster and pumkpkin headgear with a score of 200, give or take. Didn't have to kill enemy either, just tickled the hulker with a bullet or 2. As for getting 1st place with 0 kills, very much possible. I think maybe 5 months ago I got 1st,with no kills, in a dark matter major just using my vot spanner pro. Has a higher than normal link range and max links. Just ran around holding L1. Haven't done it since. Shouldn't be able to get 1st with no kills, just my opinion.

Tekrunner
04-07-2015, 06:22 AM
Some people say that you should get rewards according to scoreboard placement. I say this is not a good thing because it is possible to get first and kill nothing. I say if anything, rewards should be given according to dmg dealt, or not change at all.

Yeah, Rashere's posts in the previous thread on this topic imply that the reward system won't be changed at least as long as the current scoring system is in place. Right now it is too easy to abuse that system, without contributing meaningfully to the event.

konstantinov
04-07-2015, 07:45 AM
I have personally come in first place with 0 kills numerous times. The nay sayers are wrong.

I say if anything, rewards should be given according to dmg dealt, or not change at all.

The reason they did away with the damage done on the leader boards was due to griefers. I'd welcome it back with open arms only and only if rewards were based off damage done and not score.

Alastar
04-07-2015, 10:17 AM
Just to further drive home the show up and do nothing and get rewarded I shot one thing in the face last night at an HH and walked away with a Ghost Duster MKII

konstantinov
04-07-2015, 10:18 AM
Just to further drive home the show up and do nothing and get rewarded I shot one thing in the face last night at an HH and walked away with a Ghost Duster MKII

#winning...

Tsano
04-07-2015, 10:25 AM

D: ... I want your luck.

But yes--I've been 1st on the boards with other people having way more kills than me and it wasn't because of a BMG.

Alastar
04-07-2015, 10:29 AM
You don't want my luck. It took from when I first started playing almost 2 years ago until Hulker Hell to get a really good drop. A year and a half of absolute trash. I earned my ghost og and mkii dammit XD

ARB82
04-07-2015, 10:59 AM
#winning...

lolz #sheen

dremora ven0m
04-07-2015, 11:07 AM
Well I am tired off all the hard graft I have put into these arks these last 8 days for pathetic drops, (do t4 mods even exist) so gonna break out the collider & just send out my blue beam of heal & rack up the ark forge & keys!
Feel the love baby Feel the healing power of love haha

Alastar
04-07-2015, 11:17 AM
Well I am tired off all the hard graft I have put into these arks these last 8 days for pathetic drops, (do t4 mods even exist) so gonna break out the collider & just send out my blue beam of heal & rack up the ark forge & keys!

Exactly why I usually show up shoot one thing in the face and sit. Not worth dealing with all the BMG's lol

dremora ven0m
04-07-2015, 11:25 AM
Exactly why I usually show up shoot one thing in the face and sit. Not worth dealing with all the BMG's lol

Was at a SS ark last night I got 100+ kills 120k score, the 2 guys ahead me had 20 kills between them!
i am getting no named drops, no t4 mods & no good ojs.
So let someone else kill the enemy & I will happily get the easy points & af/key rewards from now on!

EDIT: just done a hulker minor with my collider & dropped a t4 mod lol

mystickaldj
04-07-2015, 11:27 AM
i personally have only used a bmg during the event only for the fact of getting it to lvl 20. other than that i see no point in a bmg. cause i can easily score 120k-180k with my ps nomad rather than walking around lagging everyone.

as for the arkfall drops, i have tried just getting a 1 bullet score, have tried 25k-35k, have tried high scores, have not gotten a named drop this whole event. am i irritated, yes i am cause all i really want is a wolfman now. i got the scourge i wanted, even though i traded for it. but im not spending 10m for a wolfman that i can still possibly get from the weekly rewards (or very very very very slim chance at a drop from arkfall) people....these just hit what is the point in selling them for outragious prices already just to make some fake money. if i had a weapon someone wanted and didnt get from the event i would gladly give it to them weather or not they turn around and sell it thats their business. but i personally just wanted the scourge and wolfman. am i gonna get a wolfman, probably not, but oh well.

and as for the #1 score 0 kills very much possible. i seen someone hit 200k score with 0 kills in a volge seige at the bathhouse.

mystickaldj
04-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Was at a SS ark last night I got 100+ kills 120k score, the 2 guys ahead me had 20 kills between them!
i am getting no named drops, no t4 mods & no good ojs.
So let someone else kill the enemy & I will happily get the easy points & af/key rewards from now on!

thats basically all i am getting a high score for now is the forge and keys. cause i turn around and use the keys for either the elite box or the mod hoards if i got the rep to get them.

mystickaldj
04-07-2015, 11:31 AM
and this is a fine example of the outragious prices for the mk2 weps. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?209835-Golden-Ring-MKII people are saying that the OG golden ring is better. but yet they try and sell for this. not trying to call anyone out on this it was just the first mk2 post i seen. which is honestly in a lot of peoples eyes, overpriced

Niner82
04-07-2015, 11:47 AM
and this is a fine example of the outragious prices for the mk2 weps. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?209835-Golden-Ring-MKII people are saying that the OG golden ring is better. but yet they try and sell for this. not trying to call anyone out on this it was just the first mk2 post i seen. which is honestly in a lot of peoples eyes, overpriced It is overpriced, I only paid 1.5 mil for my OG Golden Ring lol.

dremora ven0m
04-07-2015, 11:47 AM
and this is a fine example of the outragious prices for the mk2 weps. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?209835-Golden-Ring-MKII people are saying that the OG golden ring is better. but yet they try and sell for this. not trying to call anyone out on this it was just the first mk2 post i seen. which is honestly in a lot of peoples eyes, overpriced

Yeah I read that post (i click on "new posts) but as it was in the na forum i didnt comment that i lol so damn hard as his price!

dremora ven0m
04-07-2015, 11:48 AM
I traded a ego 400 rose i got @ og CC for an ego 1500 og dc5, my low toon has just passed 1500 so happy days for me haha

Niner82
04-07-2015, 11:50 AM
I show up with my OJ Stingray and hold down the L1 the whole time and end up in the top 10 usually, lol. But I can still score pretty high with my Double Crit, Double dmg Dancing Lady. Double dmg with mastery that is. :)

mystickaldj
04-07-2015, 11:57 AM
as i said things are overpriced and people are actually paying for it. its the buyers that make things high priced

Telemachus
04-07-2015, 02:42 PM
Would be great if they added a damage column to the scoreboard.

So players could see who are pulling their weight.

JOCCO5150
04-07-2015, 02:55 PM
Would be great if they added a damage column to the scoreboard.

So players could see who are pulling their weight.

Not only that reason, but so you could evaluate your own loadout. See how much dmg output you do

Fallen_Aingeal
04-07-2015, 04:32 PM
Not only that reason, but so you could evaluate your own loadout. See how much dmg output you do

The ppl score whoring don't care what their dmg output is. They just want that top spot cuz it makes them feel like a bad azz arkhunter.

I refrained during the original events. Nothing decent from those as a drop. This time I said screw it and let the light shine. Guess what? Still nothing but a lot more forge and keys to waste on gambling for more garbage.

I will get my kill count in before the "ray of prosperity" shines though. I took 2nd at a NFH last night. 30 kills. The rest of my score from that beautiful, blinding blue light.