PDA

View Full Version : The point of an AUCTION HOUSE when there is no economy going on?

gOn
04-05-2013, 06:50 AM
I see no point in an auction house as this game discourages trading/communication between players.

First of all the chat is horrible. You all know what I'm saying.

Secondly. Most weapons I believe are pretty much the same stats. The only difference is adding mods to weapons to influence the stats.
By end game, everyone will pretty much have the exact same weapons, and sooner or later, the exact same mods to that particular weapon.

What I'm trying to say, is that there is no point in trading/buying from other players as you can ultimately get the exact same mods/weapons. Also it is not hard to get weapons/mods in this game, just keep buying lockboxes. I really see no point in an auction house unless they start an economy going. Having different stats for weapons/mods would encourage this though.

dirtyklingon
04-05-2013, 07:02 AM
i could really use an AH right now.

i've been stuck with the same AR since the first day without elemental proc on it, and last night ruined it with a scope. i've had poor luck getting ARs at all from boxes and even poorer luck getting ARs that aren't burst fire(forced burst is fine if that's your style, atm for this game it's not mine).

i'm lucky i have a guild i can ask to keep an eye out for the AR type i'm looking for. but i'm guessing many people in this game right now don't have good guilds to play with and ask for that kidn of assistance.

Lenko
04-05-2013, 07:05 AM
I can't help but feel this threads redundant considering there is no AH; and there aren't plans to implement an AH.

BeardedGent
04-05-2013, 07:13 AM

i've been stuck with the same AR since the first day without elemental proc on it, and last night ruined it with a scope. i've had poor luck getting ARs at all from boxes and even poorer luck getting ARs that aren't burst fire(forced burst is fine if that's your style, atm for this game it's not mine).

i'm lucky i have a guild i can ask to keep an eye out for the AR type i'm looking for. but i'm guessing many people in this game right now don't have good guilds to play with and ask for that kidn of assistance.

I feel your pain. I've only found one electrical weapon and it was, big surprise, a shotty. Those three round burst ARs have a higher damage and I don't mind them as I feather the trigger anyway but I also learned my lesson by using a scope. I really wish they'd offer a scope type that gives the benefits but without the scope effect. I dislike not being able to see what's sneaking up to my right and left. If I wanted a weapon with a scope like that, I'd use one of the two dozen sniper rifles I've gotten. :)

MegaGame
04-05-2013, 07:17 AM
I can't help but feel this threads redundant considering there is no AH; and there aren't plans to implement an AH.

good, I am not the only one that feel this a wierd tread. if you dont want an AH, shoud one then not complain in the tread about ppl wanting an AH.

BeardedGent
04-05-2013, 07:27 AM
good, I am not the only one that feel this a wierd tread. if you dont want an AH, shoud one then not complain in the tread about ppl wanting an AH.

I don't want an AH either. I just want them to implement a better chat system. That's one feature from other MMOs they should have kept. Especially for PC users. I can't always use my mic to communicate. They fixed major Arkfall loot drops so maybe they're already working on a chat fix. I hope.

KodiakX
04-05-2013, 07:32 AM

There's plenty that you're looking for from Vendors in higher level areas. I forget where but there's one called "EMC Service Rifle" that procs Fire and is fully automatic.

dirtyklingon
04-05-2013, 07:37 AM
There's plenty that you're looking for from Vendors in higher level areas. I forget where but there's one called "EMC Service Rifle" that procs Fire and is fully automatic.

i'm taking my time with story content so i basically just got to the ambassador's house and see her vendor machine thing has weapons that aren't in teh special category, but iirc none of them are ARs. i've been prettying much opening as many t2 boxes as i can as codes or salvage comes in. seems often times i can get anotehr box after opening a few due to the weapons i salvage. lol.

KodiakX
04-05-2013, 07:45 AM
I drove around unlocking all the hubs and shops to see where things were so I could secure my source of SAW LMGs to continue gaining skill. I buy them in batches of around 10 haha.

EllmansWorld
04-05-2013, 08:18 AM

Pm me what AR you needm I keep finding a bunch.

And yea they def need to fix a economy system.

Vindene Evantyr
04-05-2013, 08:32 AM
actually, if i understand the weapon system correctly, each weapon is NOT the same. you gain skill in your weapon category (such as AR) and then exp with that SPECIFIC weapon which adds RANDOM stats to it. Also each weapon has different substats, syndergies, mod slots (unless your like me and add to them to max out anyways) and then the nano effects.

Personally, i find a rocket launcher with a fire rate inc kinda redundant since most have a oneshot mag, just like i find a shotgun with melee inc redundant because at that range shotties insta-gib for the most part.

Also an AR with corrosive/incendiary/siphon rounds is going to be more appealing to some than an AR with the bio nano effect that slows movement speed, and vice versa. this game is almost completely personal preference. Do i want a AR with x.9 reload modifier or an AR with x1.1 mag? Then the mod slots and synergies... yeah.

TL/DR
An AH would still be awesome AND would be lore friendly... An ark hunter does not simply sell his high-value weapons that he DOESN'T NEED to a computer for 400 scrip when he could make 10k off the ark hunter who DOES WANT/NEED it looking at the AH on the other side of the game.

dirtyklingon
04-05-2013, 08:47 AM
you can level up individual weapons at the same time as leveling up your overall skill.

skill ups proc when your weapon levels up.

if your weapon can only be leveled up once you no longer receive weapon exp for weapon type skill ups.