PDA

View Full Version : Alcatraz: Nuts & Bolts

Scapes
04-07-2015, 04:22 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/04/AlcatrazDev_blog_header_720x332.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/04/07/alcatraz-nuts-bolts)

While the focus of Alcatraz is Expeditions, the update is bringing a number of other changes to some core areas of Defiance. Here’s a look under the hood at a few of them!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/04/07/alcatraz-nuts-bolts)

Atticus Batman
04-07-2015, 04:26 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/04/AlcatrazDev_blog_header_720x332.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/04/07/alcatraz-nuts-bolts)

While the focus of Alcatraz is Expeditions, the update is bringing a number of other changes to some core areas of Defiance. Here’s a look under the hood at a few of them!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/04/07/alcatraz-nuts-bolts)

Did I click too early? Your link doesn't work, Scapes.

Scapes
04-07-2015, 04:27 PM
Did I click too early? Your link doesn't work, Scapes.

Refresh, should be working now.

Atticus Batman
04-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Refresh, should be working now.

Yep. Works now. Thanks. I will look at it.

SirServed
04-07-2015, 04:49 PM
I support this.

Dixie Cougar
04-07-2015, 05:14 PM
These all look like steps in the right direction, although I am a little concerned about the loss of the soft cap. The 5500 cutoff was a nice way to sidestep forced pvp (since you could max out by 5600 or so) while still rewarding pvpers with "prestige."

Tsano
04-07-2015, 05:38 PM
Warmaster

We’ve been making some tweaks to Warmaster, too, in anticipation of allowing you to create private instances for that event. While we’ve decided to hold that feature and not release it with Alcatraz, the other changes to Warmaster are still launching alongside the update.

1. Warmaster will always be Threat Level 10. It’s top-tier content and should always be challenging. (The current setup can make the Warmaster easier to solo than to do with a group, which will become a bigger problem when players can create their own private version at will.)

2. To go along with the Threat Level change, we’ve updated the Warmaster loot to be more rewarding. The Warmaster will now drop “Mk II” variants of the Arkbreaker weapons, which have been updated to use the new rarity bonuses. In addition, the Warmaster will always drop at least rare items on a win instead of uncommons and has a higher chance of dropping the special Arkbreaker weapons than it did previously. On the other side, a loss isn’t as rewarding as it used to be. You’ll no longer see the epic Volge weapons if you lose!

YES

I can understand if it's not going to be the focus of this update, but to know you've heard us out on some solutions and will be making that move down the road-- awesome. Thanks.

Super excited to know there's room to grow and we're headed in the right direction with new stuff like Alcatraz.

Tyrious
04-07-2015, 06:32 PM
I have been playing on the PTS server and I like most things about Alcatraz. destroying the defiant few weapons was not one of them they are now pretty useless now. the Mk 1`'s did have to much flash and the crimefighter was unbalanced and did need some reduction but this might have been to much of a reduction. and the cost of the hunters tokens is way to high and the balance in the expeditions is going to ruin them. being able to self res and res your ally's need to be addressed more. I know it needs to be limited in there but costing a token to res so much will make it so many will not bother with it as your opponents are so powerful. and they will not be able to have a cyber rig so your dividing us into the haves and have not's as some people cannot afford to spend much money into a game. so the balance is going to shift to the people that can afford to spend money one of the things I most respected about this game was that the separation between those 2 position's was not to huge.I also realize this is a business and you would like to get paid for doing your job's as you should. but I do believe some of these issues are going to tear the game apart.also I would like to know when appox that Alcatraz will go live?

King Stud
04-07-2015, 07:09 PM
All good changes that were already vetted on the PTS thread. Nothing to complain about here. Keep up the good work.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-07-2015, 07:26 PM
i didnt see a fix about entering the war master

DEATHBRINGER210
04-07-2015, 07:28 PM
so woot loot makes up 80% of player income , and the rewards are being upped by 25% . this is not right . they find more ways to take forge and money from us ark hunters

DEATHBRINGER210
04-07-2015, 07:30 PM
and then you cant solo war masters, and he is always at tl 10, all these changes and they still cant fix getting into arkbreaks

heartbreak_courier
04-07-2015, 08:54 PM
so woot loot makes up 80% of player income , and the rewards are being upped by 25% . this is not right . they find more ways to take forge and money from us ark hunters

If I read the article right, it was saying Woot Loot represented up to 80% of player income in specific circumstances. In other circumstances, it was 0%. No income at all. So it looks like they're doing away with that disparity and providing a 25% bump across the board, in addition to removing the luck-over-skill factor.

hiban
04-08-2015, 03:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Nj7SPqA.png

Azareal Farseeker
04-08-2015, 05:48 AM
I'm a bit lost in the explanation.

Warmaster will always be Threat Level 10 (no issues), so at the very least soloing will be quite difficult to say the least. And yet, there's no private instances because Trion doesn't want people to solo WM ?

Please understand, I may not speak for everyone else but I personally am getting sick and tired of griefers just ruining the whole event in the first place. I'm not a coder or will not even pretend to know any programming skills, but is it really so hard to, e.g. give the person who planted the spikes the ability to kick people from the event ? And please, you already have co-ops so it should not be exceptionally difficult to move the entire WM event into such a format (it already is) with the addition of perhaps a preset level 10 requirement for WM.

So...what's the real reason ?

Jack_Pryce
04-08-2015, 07:15 AM
If I read the article right, it was saying Woot Loot represented up to 80% of player income in specific circumstances. In other circumstances, it was 0%. No income at all. So it looks like they're doing away with that disparity and providing a 25% bump across the board, in addition to removing the luck-over-skill factor.

Exactly. Instead of huge but unreliable amounts of loot (easy to get around low-EGO players, but more rare the higher they go) you get no Woot Loot 'spikes' but you get more steady loot overall doing events.

Dslice
04-08-2015, 08:34 AM
This looks good to me. Alcatraz should be a good update.

cmpowell
04-08-2015, 08:57 AM
I don't understand the move to make the wm tl 10 no matter what. the way it currently is if you can actually get in one by yourself and beat it you deserve the rewards. It's still not a guaranteed oj just bragging rights. private instances wouldn't change that

ColapsN7
04-08-2015, 10:05 AM
I'm a bit lost in the explanation.

Warmaster will always be Threat Level 10 (no issues), so at the very least soloing will be quite difficult to say the least. And yet, there's no private instances because Trion doesn't want people to solo WM ?

Please understand, I may not speak for everyone else but I personally am getting sick and tired of griefers just ruining the whole event in the first place. I'm not a coder or will not even pretend to know any programming skills, but is it really so hard to, e.g. give the person who planted the spikes the ability to kick people from the event ? And please, you already have co-ops so it should not be exceptionally difficult to move the entire WM event into such a format (it already is) with the addition of perhaps a preset level 10 requirement for WM.

So...what's the real reason ?

I don't understand the move to make the wm tl 10 no matter what. the way it currently is if you can actually get in one by yourself and beat it you deserve the rewards. It's still not a guaranteed oj just bragging rights. private instances wouldn't change that

Russian
Oни забыли сказать про время WarMaster ( время 7:00 ).

Уровень угрозы недолжен стоять на 10 LVL постоянно * А должен сотвецтовать под уровень угрока или много игроков ( Уровень угрозы 1 ~ 10 LVL )

They forgot to say about the time WarMaster ( time 7:00 ).

Threat Level nedolzhen stand for 10 LVL * A must constantly sotvetstovat level ugroka or under a lot of players (Threat Level 1 ~ 10 LVL).

P.S
http://i57.fastpic.ru/big/2015/0408/0b/006bc239f2aed6587d687f3431313d0b.jpg

...N7 .

cmpowell
04-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Russian
Oни забыли сказать про время WarMaster ( время 7:00 ).

Уровень угрозы недолжен стоять на 10 LVL постоянно * А должен сотвецтовать под уровень угрока или много игроков ( Уровень угрозы 1 ~ 10 LVL )

They forgot to say about the time WarMaster ( time 7:00 ).

Threat Level nedolzhen stand for 10 LVL * A must constantly sotvetstovat level ugroka or under a lot of players (Threat Level 1 ~ 10 LVL).

P.S
http://i57.fastpic.ru/big/2015/0408/0b/006bc239f2aed6587d687f3431313d0b.jpg

...N7 .

If I understood Russian I'm sure that would all make perfect sense, lol

ShatterST4R
04-08-2015, 11:37 AM
Patiently awaiting for Alcatraz to release.. Wasted last patron pass due to pushed back dates again and again.

PithHelmetIrath
04-08-2015, 02:31 PM
Think I'll reserve final judgment until I play Alcatraz content for myself.. most of what I read came across as being pretty "meh" for higher EGO players anyway..

DEATHBRINGER210
04-09-2015, 12:44 AM
i go to ark falls for woot loot and and rewards so do others 25% of 300 scrip isnt much . when you can pick up a couple of thousand from going to arkfalls they're new players daily and event are full . all this does is make us who attend arkfalls 80% more broke . just another loot nerf . you should try turning on rewards chat. in a chat tab and see how much scrip you get from woot loot . and its good amount.

Disciplyne
04-10-2015, 11:35 AM
What I'm a bit concerned about is whether "skill" translates into "who has best weapon" and spammy weapons like BMG and Infectors ruling arkfalls. We already see this in the special events and minor arkbreaks (and co-ops) where high level players with top end weapons and/or exotics dominate the leaderboards of an event in Marin and Sausilito, etc. Do they have real skill or just more effective weapons and ego points. That ego level number at the top of the HUD never tells the whole story. The upgrade / downgrade system does not create a truly equal system. Doing away with Woot Loot in exchange for scores could very well deprive the lower level players and those still having to use green weapons from having and income stream for upgrading. I just don't see how the 25% rise in loot drop will make up for that.

allen405
04-15-2015, 01:41 PM
Like someone already said getting into major arkfalls is a gamble, because most of the time you get booted. So I avoid it like Alcatraz.