PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Perforator, now time to wreak some Havoc



Cryptic Effect
04-07-2015, 08:27 PM
Just upgraded my AS-54 Havoc to OJ and I am loving it I have all T3's on it atm with a T2 Catalyst Injector mod for the Cannoneer synergy and I am loving this gun more than my Perforator.

These are the mods I have on my AS-54 Havok

Power Bore III
External Recoil Reduction III
Stability Sight III
Catalyst Injector II

All the mods are Cannoneer Synergy

Claydough
04-08-2015, 04:37 AM
they're complete different weapons, hardly even comparable

Cryptic Effect
04-08-2015, 05:22 AM
They don't seem that different they are both based off the vbi assautlt rifle the only difference is the synergy and the rolls one having old rolls and one having the new rolls, and the Havoc kicks even with a T3 External Recoil because of the fire rate but it's still manageable, and while the perforator has higher DMG than the havoc fire rate makes up for it.

Mister Derpenhowser
04-08-2015, 05:27 AM
Yup they are both vbi ARs so totally comparable

Br3ach
04-08-2015, 06:57 AM
First- I think its a reasonable comparison as well. I never bought a perforator, because the rolls weren't great IMO, and some other ARs you could pick up were better.
Second- I like mine a lot. It's better than any other AR I have (since I traded my jackpot to Onlymen.) I especially like it- because it was a gift shared by the developers during this event. So, it's a unique gun with a story behind it.

Cryptic- since you mentioned mods, I will share mine. On cannoneer weapons- I only worry about getting the first 2 synergy perks for fire rate. So with all cannoneer guns, I get stock & scope in cannoneer syn. Then barrel & mag- I get the highest I can. (That's t5, but some guns I only use a t4 if I happen to have one in a weak syn.)
t3 recoil stock
t5 power bore
(waiting to find Hi cap mag)
t3 Commando scope- I'm between commando, assault & stabilization sight for ARs. What do you guys use?

Nefarious
04-08-2015, 11:40 AM
R.I.P Perforator, now time to wreak some Havoc

For now. But once the Paradise and Chimera vendor weapons get the new Bonus rolls things will change big time for some of them as a lot of them don't have doubles. That's if they keep their current bonus rolls and just be upgraded to the newer ones of those bonus tiers.

Shotguns will take a negative hit in a way bet some will be a lot better, especially for the ARs. x2.00 Mag Northrup, Calydonian, and Perforator to name a few.

Big Jack Shepard
04-08-2015, 12:33 PM
Just upgraded my AS-54 Havoc to OJ So, was there a damage increase in the stats? Ya know, besides the encryption bonus.

Mister Derpenhowser
04-08-2015, 12:38 PM
Purp to oj is 3%, encryption is 5% so overall it will give 8% dmg boost (I think). Thats less than a T4 dmg barrel and tbh I dont think its worth it especially since you get the oj roll while its still purp. I know I have better things to funnel 500af into anyways :)

WhiteStrike
04-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Purp to oj is 3%, encryption is 5% so overall it will give 8% dmg boost (I think). Thats less than a T4 dmg barrel and tbh I dont think its worth it especially since you get the oj roll while its still purp. I know I have better things to funnel 500af into anyways :)

Encryption gives a 3% boost if I'm not mistaken.

Mister Derpenhowser
04-08-2015, 12:46 PM
Yeah I could be totally wrong, I'm tired and don't care to search. Lol, its still less than a T4 dmg barrel either way

Cryptic Effect
04-08-2015, 02:47 PM
First- I think its a reasonable comparison as well. I never bought a perforator, because the rolls weren't great IMO, and some other ARs you could pick up were better.
Second- I like mine a lot. It's better than any other AR I have (since I traded my jackpot to Onlymen.) I especially like it- because it was a gift shared by the developers during this event. So, it's a unique gun with a story behind it.

Cryptic- since you mentioned mods, I will share mine. On cannoneer weapons- I only worry about getting the first 2 synergy perks for fire rate. So with all cannoneer guns, I get stock & scope in cannoneer syn. Then barrel & mag- I get the highest I can. (That's t5, but some guns I only use a t4 if I happen to have one in a weak syn.)
t3 recoil stock
t5 power bore
(waiting to find Hi cap mag)
t3 Commando scope- I'm between commando, assault & stabilization sight for ARs. What do you guys use?

I have a thing with fully modding out for synergies and with cannoneer with the catalyst injector for the 2 sec after a reload I can go from half health and no shields to full on both pretty quick. It still makes me wish there were T5 mods for all the mod synergies.

Regardless I still love this gun :)


For now. But once the Paradise and Chimera vendor weapons get the new Bonus rolls things will change big time for some of them as a lot of them don't have doubles. That's if they keep their current bonus rolls and just be upgraded to the newer ones of those bonus tiers.

Shotguns will take a negative hit in a way bet some will be a lot better, especially for the ARs. x2.00 Mag Northrup, Calydonian, and Perforator to name a few.

for now but we will have to wait and see what rolls they are given. As for the shotguns I still have my Natural 2x DMG Hellfire Fragger and my 3x DMG Antaeus.


So, was there a damage increase in the stats? Ya know, besides the encryption bonus.

yes there was, it jumped about 200-300 DMG from purp to oj, and I am quite happy with the results.

Tex_Arcana
04-08-2015, 03:09 PM
Different gun for different applications.
So not a true direct comparison.
Perf's crit damage buffs, plus it's ability to hit crits easily means the shield profs a lot.
Plus it's Fire Nano. Which makes it still great for the extra damage that does.
The Perf also has the hidden damage bonus.
It still remains top two DPS AR.
The new one is great as well; but it will not replace my Perf in DPs situations. Tanking yes.
Though when I run Perforator/BH Fragger nothing seems to cause me trouble.
And Perforator is still showing better DPs by a slight margin...

Mister Derpenhowser
04-08-2015, 03:13 PM
Duster Mk II beats all anyways ^^

WhiteStrike
04-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Duster Mk II beats all anyways ^^

Even MIKA's EMC Service Rifle?(damage 3900,2.7 Crit)

Mister Derpenhowser
04-08-2015, 03:21 PM
Even MIKA's EMC Service Rifle?(damage 3900,2.7 Crit)

With the right mods & mastery (crits) sure because it has added fire dmg & lifesteal



Anyways, bedtime. Laters :)

WhiteStrike
04-08-2015, 03:23 PM
With the right mods & mastery (crits) sure because it has added fire dmg & lifesteal



Anyways, bedtime. Laters :)
Wow,then the Ghost Duster is a pretty sweet gun.

Cryptic Effect
04-08-2015, 03:30 PM
See I'm just not a huge fan of fire nano when it comes to shielded enemies and I am mainly trying to build a loadout for survivability for expeditions.

Although not perfect I still like the DMG the havoc deals, I am currently trying to master it for DMG and then for the T4 barrel, sight and stock.

Mister Derpenhowser
04-08-2015, 03:32 PM
P.s, crit would be slightly lower (2.5 I think) but dmg output is roughly the same so if their emc is nanoless then the fire dmg & lifesteal on the duster pwns it imo