PDA

View Full Version : Skills for pvp?

Derailer
04-08-2015, 04:52 PM
I am not a fan of pvp in general. It can be fun in some games but all the anger and hate you get for doing pretty much anything just isn't fun. That being said I want to get my ego points up and pvp is next up on the list.

For pve I use an smg, a vbi-courier shotgun and overcharge is my favorite power. I would like to use the same for pvp.

What skills should I pick to go along with this stuff?

I only have one loadout and it has all the expected stuff to go with overcharge and the loot drop stuff and extra ammo things. I got all the dlc stuff so I see new skills are unlocked but I don't know anything about them. Mostly I want to play enough to get my points and probably move on. I tried a couple times today and I killed more then I died but it really does feel like my loadout is not optimized at all for this stuff.

Big Jack Shepard
04-08-2015, 04:55 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?36-PvP

tarmim
04-08-2015, 10:43 PM
Pvp is fun once you get into it.
For pvp i suggest cloak, defensive perks and rad/bio nano weapons.
Smg and courier are not the best choises especially for new Pvpers. I suggest blast rifle (vot or rs) and a semi auto sniper (ranger,surge bolter, quick repeater etc) if you use two weapons with same nano use nano perks (radiatian burns, conflagration etc)
Now when event is going on you can easily collect even blues and purples, RS blast rifles, RS rangers, RS longshot cannons, ps blighers, hf fraggers and all kinds of stuff thats good to use in pvp

dremora ven0m
04-08-2015, 11:00 PM
I personally use blur with enervator & a dc-7.

You will come across a ton of cloaked snipers half a map away *cough*cowards*cough* plus people with sawn offs & big boomers. It will annoy you at 1st but you will adapt the more you play.
Defo go with defensive perks like "rear guard, thick skinned & escape artist" now I am not saying you have to use those just giving examples.
I use ammo spikes & armor repair stims also btw.
There was a really good post about the different perks & how they interact with each other. Will have a look & if I find it will C&P it in.

dremora ven0m
04-08-2015, 11:02 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?201404-Need-help-with-loadout

Some great info in this thread about perks & other stuff you will find useful.
written by Defiance pvp vets.

Duke_Shambles
04-09-2015, 01:29 AM
PvP Loadouts are a completely different beast than PvE loadouts. I prefer cloak over all other ego powers for PvP, and with the right weapon and perk choice it can make your weapons just as strong as Overcharge. Using a few defensive perks is a good idea but you don't need to max out on them. I usually go 50/50 defense/offense. Try to avoid perks that activate on kill. Rather look for perks that give a static boost of some type or activate on shield break. The most useful item for PvP that I've found so far is Ablative Armor stims, if you use them though, be prepared to be called a hacker. With an OJ shield with full armor, they give you a 70% damage reduction which when coupled with the right defensive perks can be nearly god mode.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-09-2015, 02:03 AM
i have 6 pvp loadouts i use them all for pve

DEATHBRINGER210
04-09-2015, 02:05 AM
PvP Loadouts are a completely different beast than PvE loadouts. I prefer cloak over all other ego powers for PvP, and with the right weapon and perk choice it can make your weapons just as strong as Overcharge. Using a few defensive perks is a good idea but you don't need to max out on them. I usually go 50/50 defense/offense. Try to avoid perks that activate on kill. Rather look for perks that give a static boost of some type or activate on shield break. The most useful item for PvP that I've found so far is Ablative Armor stims, if you use them though, be prepared to be called a hacker. With an OJ shield with full armor, they give you a 70% damage reduction which when coupled with the right defensive perks can be nearly god mode.

plate slicer makes the stims usless

konstantinov
04-09-2015, 04:09 AM
Skill is overrated.

SUPREEM
04-09-2015, 04:38 AM
I use oj blighter and syphon cf for pvp, sometimes I'll breakout the oj vot spanner pro. I remember offing 4 noobs at once with that bmg lol, good times.

konstantinov
04-09-2015, 05:02 AM
I use oj blighter and syphon cf for pvp, sometimes I'll breakout the oj vot spanner pro. I remember offing 4 noobs at once with that bmg lol, good times.

geez that was rude. As Greybush would say major rager.

SUPREEM
04-09-2015, 05:37 AM
geez that was rude. As Greybush would say major rager.

You mean using bmg in pvp? xD

konstantinov
04-09-2015, 06:04 AM
You mean using bmg in pvp? xD

No offing noobs.

Altras
04-09-2015, 07:24 AM
People tend to have their own style of pvp in my experience, go with what you feel most comfortable with. For base perks, id recommend thick skinned, fortitude, and detachment. Then depending on what ego power your like, get the extended/recharge perks. Followed by dmg increase on what nano your using (2 perks if you own dlc5). If you dont own the dlc, id recommend going more defensive with blast shield and rear guard. The extra perk slot, what I do is inspect the most challenging player in the match, and match the nano resistance perk.

Also, I'm sure some one has mentioned, you'll want a high capacity shield, such as an ironclad or a rhino. Regan dont mean much when you get 1 shot!

For weapons, best to have something for close/mid range, and something for long range. Also, having matching nano weapons helps too ( easier on your perk loadout)

Hope this helped!

Duke_Shambles
04-09-2015, 11:23 AM
plate slicer makes the stims usless

Well everything should have a weakness. Nothing can save you from everything. Even the most highly geared, highly skilled players I've come up against die at least a few times a match. Even when people use glitches they seem to die at least once or twice. If you find yourself facing someone using PS, there's not much that you can do about that. It must not be too common to use PS weapons though since I find myself finishing the match with all three of my plates still intact more often than not on PS3 NA.

konstantinov
04-09-2015, 12:28 PM
Well everything should have a weakness. Nothing can save you from everything. Even the most highly geared, highly skilled players I've come up against die at least a few times a match. Even when people use glitches they seem to die at least once or twice. If you find yourself facing someone using PS, there's not much that you can do about that. It must not be too common to use PS weapons though since I find myself finishing the match with all three of my plates still intact more often than not on PS3 NA.

Geez I'll have to start pvping more then duke. I don't want you to feel neglected.

Duke_Shambles
04-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Please do, I mean, I don't play PvP solely to 'off noobs,' although that is a fun bonus. You probably won't catch me in there until after the event though...what with the farming blue weapon drops off arkfalls and what not.

King Stud
04-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Cloak is easily the most overpowered ego power in PvP. Not only does it make it difficult for others to see you in big maps (e.g. shadow wars), but at the same time it instantly starts recharging your shield upon activation and if you have shadow strike equipped, gives you +30% dmg while cloaked. Because it's so inherently unbalanced, most vets choose to boycott cloak and use overpower/blur instead (or if you're truly up for a challenge, decoy).

DEATHBRINGER210
04-10-2015, 02:57 AM
man you should have seen cloak before the nerf
lol you couldnt see anyone in cloak

konstantinov
04-10-2015, 04:09 AM
man you should have seen cloak before the nerf
lol you couldnt see anyone in cloak

Cloak+zagger= crying

DEATHBRINGER210
04-10-2015, 05:16 AM
Cloak+zagger= crying

+ your a HACK spam in zone chat

Ray8888
04-10-2015, 05:33 AM
Joined a shadow match last night with the sole purpose of stealing the Cerebus to level and I ended up getting sucked in. I was like WE CAN TOTALLY WIN THIS THING GUYS!!!

And I was sober. It's sneaky fun after you get used to the blandness.

SUPREEM
04-10-2015, 07:17 AM
No offing noobs.

Hey I've been through my hazing period too lol. I remember being a nooblit, trying my luck at pvp for the first time. Ending matches with a k/d score of 0-25 on average. Now I dish it out as it was done to me lol. Gotta earn ya stripes yo. #offingnoobs