PDA

View Full Version : Alcatraz Update Coming to Defiance on April 14!

Scapes
04-08-2015, 06:43 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/04/36-alcatraz_blog.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/04/08/alcatraz-update-coming-to-defiance-on-april-14)

Ark hunters, prepare yourselves for challenging new gameplay and powerful new equipment in our Alcatraz Update coming April 14!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/04/08/alcatraz-update-coming-to-defiance-on-april-14)

Fuzzy
04-08-2015, 06:57 PM
I'm so exciiiiited :)! Can't wait :D

Vega
04-08-2015, 06:59 PM
          

TNO
04-08-2015, 07:11 PM
But...I'm not done with Armistice yet. I don't have time for this.

dremora ven0m
04-08-2015, 08:04 PM
But...I'm not done with Armistice yet. I don't have time for this.

This is just another example of Trion trolling us.
They put on the armistice event & a week before it ends they release Alcatraz!
Now are they doing this in the hope not every single player jumps into alcatraz & crashes it upon release?
I for 1 wont bother with it until armistice is over, mainly for the fact of the ridiculous rng rewards & I am still hunting 5 of the 9 t4 mods I wanted before armistice started!

Anyway glad about its release & I look forward to trying it out the day after armistice.

Jeff Lonestar
04-08-2015, 08:24 PM
Madness!!!

KILLSHOT707
04-08-2015, 09:08 PM
I find it odd that you would not wait until after the event. Most new things have problems and why take the chance of messing what we are enjoying now? I mean DAMN. You can't fix server stability on Xbox 360 and now add this? For over 5 months Critacon Valley is a broken joke on 360 and it could use attention. Oh well, hope it all works out...

Holy Bahamut3
04-08-2015, 09:41 PM
Well, I look forward to seeing what the armistace Arkfalls look like with rigs running around it.

Nefarious
04-08-2015, 09:44 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/04/36-alcatraz_blog.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/04/08/alcatraz-update-coming-to-defiance-on-april-14)

Alcatraz Update coming April 14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSNaU5q-ZUE

The date is set. I am ready.

Dixie Cougar
04-08-2015, 09:55 PM
Armistice can't end soon enough for me. Now this, this is what we've waited for! This is it boys, this is war!

rupiefied
04-08-2015, 11:24 PM
There will be six days of event left and a new expansion... Guess I better buy a couple cases of redbull

Mister Derpenhowser
04-09-2015, 12:25 AM
Does seem oddly timed, but thanks guys. I'll probably check it out after the event

Tura Satana
04-09-2015, 04:22 AM
Look at it this way. If you wait until armistice is over before starting this, you'll have already earned a few hunter req keys for when you start. I'm sure there is a reason why they are releasing it like this, I'm not sure that they will tell us why though.

Meee
04-09-2015, 04:37 AM
Events are usually2 weeks . They gave us this event for 3 weeks and you guys are complaining ? Seriously? Come on man grow up . Armistice was scheduled for 3 weeks just incase Alcatraz wasn't ready yet . It's ready now so rather then make us wait we get it early and your reaction is to complain ? Get real . Ty trion for getting Alcatraz out to us sooner than expected

Infinity Eagle
04-09-2015, 04:38 AM
Been waiting for this :)

Need to remember that Alcatraz is a new part of the game and not just a temporary event like Armistice. Also, Expeditions are End Game type of content. They get harder the further you go, so you will just go as far as you can then Die :D

edispilfnairb
04-09-2015, 04:43 AM
Bring on the Pringles!!!! Um, I mean Chips. LOL

There is going to be a lot of Six million dollar men running around shortly.

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608053802109110048&pid=15.1&w=115&h=91&p=0

http://31.media.tumblr.com/575154e31e91d03b36eb87bdc5707147/tumblr_mpt00fziGz1qeuadso1_500.gif

Ray8888
04-09-2015, 06:54 AM
This is just another example of Trion trolling us.
They put on the armistice event & a week before it ends they release Alcatraz!
Now are they doing this in the hope not every single player jumps into alcatraz & crashes it upon release?
I for 1 wont bother with it until armistice is over, mainly for the fact of the ridiculous rng rewards & I am still hunting 5 of the 9 t4 mods I wanted before armistice started!

Anyway glad about its release & I look forward to trying it out the day after armistice.

Trolling us? Are you crazy? Do you know how many other fixes are coming with this update? I probably won't actually try an expedition until after Armistice but I will be using the **** out of the new inventory system.

hardy83
04-09-2015, 07:00 AM
Good thinking doing it after this week, because I imagine a ton of people are going to binge on Daredevil this weekend. :P

Alliiara
04-09-2015, 07:10 AM
Wow, awesome! I can't wait! :)

Shrimkins
04-09-2015, 07:32 AM
uhhgg right when I go on a business trip... I had to accept missing the last week of armistice but now I have to miss the launch of Alcatraz too? :(

Dslice
04-09-2015, 08:20 AM
This will make a nice birthday present for me from Trion

mystickaldj
04-09-2015, 12:35 PM
honestly i will believe that it is getting released when i see the downtime posted, cause this is the 4th time they have given us a release date and the past 3 times it got postponed. but if it is coming out for real then i will also be waiting til after the event to hit expeditions (even though i have gotten nothing but vendor food from arkfalls and didnt get any weeklys i wanted) and build up the daily/weekly items for it.

Xaat Xuun
04-09-2015, 04:51 PM
yeah . . last night while I was on the EU server, someone in the clan mentioned that the Alcatraz was coming out on the 16, immediately I asked for source cuz I didn't read it anywhere, another had replied it was official too, though I was busy shooting Volge I might had missed some other info, like it's really the 14th.
after I logged off, I dashed to the forums and yup, it's real, and my reason for missing it, was I was in game when it was posted. Go figure .. thanks for making me look like a pessimist

I actually wanted to see Alcatraz before Armistice, can only afford to get the 30 Patron pass may be a while till next time, and I wanted Patron pass running for Alcatraz to help me , so seeing the first aimed launch date missed (17 March) (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?207429-Alcatraz-News-Update) was a bummer, only after Armistice started that is, and was looking forward to the added attributes the Cyber Rigs add for the holiday event.

since now there is a official date I'll share my note's that I have shared with the clan, I had posted it here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?210222-just-a-brief-of-my-take-of-Alcatraz&p=1740035#post1740035), to link here
Oh well, I was in no way upset about that, just it twisted my plans

nathanpbutler
04-09-2015, 08:47 PM
So, on April 14, it'll be Alcatraz . . . or Mortal Kombat X.

Just kidding. We know the downtime will mean more like Wednesday or Thursday for Alcatraz to be live *and* stable. ;)

Awesome to hear that it is finally on its way. This will be my "make or break" update when it comes to my pursuit of always attaining the "absolute max" EGO by finishing every single pursuit. It will entirely depend on just how ridiculous (and expensive, frankly) it will seem to get all the Expedition pursuits done.

ryu5010
04-10-2015, 12:44 AM
Will this release be for all platforms or just PC?

Xaat Xuun
04-10-2015, 02:11 AM
Will this release be for all platforms or just PC?
I'm pretty sure it's all platforms, if it was just PC I think that would had went live a while ago.
Something to do with getting Sony and MS giving it a OKAY . . before it can go live,
PC doesn't need the extra permission/Approval

Also sure someone else could better point out what I'm trying to say

Praxus07
04-10-2015, 02:26 AM
Honestly, could not care less about Alcatraz. Been stuck at ego 4688 for two months now with no ego increase in sight because of the ridiculous pursuits/goals that I'll never be completing, so no endgame content for me. I'll only be running events like Armistice from now on, and not playing at all when no event is running.

Sliverbaer
04-10-2015, 05:27 AM
Honestly, could not care less about Alcatraz. Been stuck at ego 4688 for two months now with no ego increase in sight because of the ridiculous pursuits/goals that I'll never be completing, so no endgame content for me. I'll only be running events like Armistice from now on, and not playing at all when no event is running.

You don't have to be max EGO to play the expeditions. On PTS I had been playing with a 1500-1600 EGO character. It isn't impossible. Then gets challenging, which I find fun, in the later rounds.

Plus there's the all new cyber chips, which will make your inventory scream even more.

Brilliant move btw. Create a bunch of events where you get massive amounts of mods. Where you need more inventory space. Thus buying more inventory space to hold more mods. Then add Alcatraz, where you need the inventory space for the cyber chips and rigs. (Man I wish there was a better way to manage it all...)

Fawks
04-10-2015, 07:07 AM

I feel you, when I am able to log on usually there's barely anyone else on.

cmpowell
04-10-2015, 12:02 PM
Official patch notes or at least a draft please

Sliverbaer
04-10-2015, 12:12 PM
Official patch notes or at least a draft please

They likely won't post a final list until Tuesday.

Any of these that Fuzzy compiled can potentially make it to live. http://www.defiancedata.com/pages.php?t=PTS (Except for the private instances, those are on hold.)

ShatterST4R
04-10-2015, 01:31 PM
Yes! Having only played the first week of armistice, its boring and stale due to bad RNG. And having all the weapons I've wanted, I would rather play Alcatraz than keep bothering with armistice. Looking forward to building up a nice cyber rig.

Praxus07
04-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Heck with rigs, I want to be able to lvl up. Two months without a lvl increase because there's nothing left for me to complete without killing 50k enemies, or 5k with weapons I don't use, or getting gold in races I won't do makes my interest to keep playing go to zero. Alcatraz has nothing that will get my lvl up so have no interest in it.

cmpowell
04-10-2015, 06:16 PM
They likely won't post a final list until Tuesday.

Any of these that Fuzzy compiled can potentially make it to live. http://www.defiancedata.com/pages.php?t=PTS (Except for the private instances, those are on hold.)

thx, but i've seen all those from pts. i was asking because they have released patch notes up to a week prior before, tho not often, :)

Xaat Xuun
04-10-2015, 06:39 PM
Heck with rigs, I want to be able to lvl up. Two months without a lvl increase because there's nothing left for me to complete without killing 50k enemies, or 5k with weapons I don't use, or getting good in races I won't do makes my interest to keep playing go to zero. Alcatraz has nothing that will get my lvl up so have no interest in it.
doubt this helps, but a rig for a 6k is the same one for a 3k+
I totally relate to the weapon kill pursuits, only thing that help me get past that was Arenas. only pistol I used was the Wolfhound and it was only for warmaster. wonder how many years I would have to wasted trying to get the pistol kill pursuit, by doing it just at the warmaster,
And I can't stand the LMG's , it was the arenas that helped me with those, now their done,
actually it was Dbl Dmg Assassin Bio KLOC that helped me with the pistols, For my Alts it's the Precious that's going to get them the pistol kill

my issues will be the Social pursuits. but I think I have enough PvP pursuits completed to cover those

mystickaldj
04-11-2015, 06:46 AM
if you get into the arena matrons nest with a lightning rifle you can easily get the bolt action kills. lmg kills same place. semis 101 keys docks, bmgs matrons or event, and alcatraz has its own pursuits if you would have read, thats how you go from 5900 to 6000 ego. yea its 100 ego but hey 100 ego is 100 ego. only things i have yet to do is the pvp time trials and gunslinger arenas, and a few social pursuits. was trying to hit 5900 by alcatraz but thats not happening. currently at 5758 and not enough time for pvp before alcatraz lol. but all i can say is just keep working at it. you will eventually get there. and even if you need to you can ask your clan for help with some pursuits, like 50 vehicle kills on shadow war you can have a clanmate help. turret kills on freight yard clanmate can help.

nathanpbutler
04-11-2015, 12:53 PM
Heck with rigs, I want to be able to lvl up. Two months without a lvl increase because there's nothing left for me to complete without killing 50k enemies, or 5k with weapons I don't use, or getting gold in races I won't do makes my interest to keep playing go to zero. Alcatraz has nothing that will get my lvl up so have no interest in it.

Okay, let's toss in some intellectual honesty here:

You do realize that with Alcatraz comes new pursuits, so if you have hit a wall where the pursuits that remain are of no interest to you, there are going to be new ones you can use to gain more EGO, right? The whole point of the level cap is to do exactly what they are doing now: boosting up the cap by a tiny bit while boosting up potential EGO quite a bit. Right now, you could not do 101 worth of pursuits (since day one at least, or 66 for those who started playing later) and still hit the EGO cap. That will shift a little after Alcatraz, but you will still be able to hit the cap and have pursuits you didn't bother with.

And, let's be honest, it is a bit disingenuous to gripe about not being "able" to level up when it is a conscious choice to not complete pursuits that are readily available, just grinding, such as the "kill X enemies with X weapon" pursuits. You are *choosing* not to level up if you are looking at pursuits you could do but simply don't want to do.

Either way, though, Trion has made hitting the cap while ignoring some pursuits possible, so you *will* be able to level up toward higher level content, *unless* you again decide, "y'know, I don't want to do any of the new stuff either."

I'd also note that your signature notes you not owning any of the DLC. If you are really frustrated by needing more pursuits to level up than the ones available to you already in-game that you just aren't doing, then you have another avenue available to you through the DLCs, which open up another 195 EGO worth of pursuits if you have them all (or the Season Pass).

Praxus07
04-11-2015, 03:56 PM
Okay, let's toss in some intellectual honesty here:

You do realize that with Alcatraz comes new pursuits, so if you have hit a wall where the pursuits that remain are of no interest to you, there are going to be new ones you can use to gain more EGO, right? The whole point of the level cap is to do exactly what they are doing now: boosting up the cap by a tiny bit while boosting up potential EGO quite a bit. Right now, you could not do 101 worth of pursuits (since day one at least, or 66 for those who started playing later) and still hit the EGO cap. That will shift a little after Alcatraz, but you will still be able to hit the cap and have pursuits you didn't bother with.

And, let's be honest, it is a bit disingenuous to gripe about not being "able" to level up when it is a conscious choice to not complete pursuits that are readily available, just grinding, such as the "kill X enemies with X weapon" pursuits. You are *choosing* not to level up if you are looking at pursuits you could do but simply don't want to do.

Either way, though, Trion has made hitting the cap while ignoring some pursuits possible, so you *will* be able to level up toward higher level content, *unless* you again decide, "y'know, I don't want to do any of the new stuff either."

I'd also note that your signature notes you not owning any of the DLC. If you are really frustrated by needing more pursuits to level up than the ones available to you already in-game that you just aren't doing, then you have another avenue available to you through the DLCs, which open up another 195 EGO worth of pursuits if you have them all (or the Season Pass).

The dlc's aren't worth the price, especially on Xbox where they never go on sale. So no to buying dlc. Pursuits related to PvP and grouping for co-op instances will never be completed since I don't participate in either one. Again, the social pursuits will never be completed as well because I have no friends that play this. I can't see asking a stranger, even if we are in the same clan, to stand there and do 25 trades with me, or let me kill them 100 times for duels, or ride along as a passenger in their vehicle. That just seems ridiculous to me. And I don't trade or buy in general either. I either use what I get or turn it into a vendor. The gold races will never be done because it was near impossible for me to get bronze in them what with lag, obstacles popping up, and poor vehicle controls. I'm working on the weapon "kill 5k with this", but those are extremely slow going it'd probably take me six months to do those. Everything else doable is done. All season story missions, all side missions, and all goals/pursuits that I could do are done. So even if I wanted to participate in Alcatraz, which I do not, having it offer 100 ego isn't worth the effort/aggravation for me. Dealing with keys, setting up groups, not interested in the hassle of it, especially without a mic.

only mchale
04-12-2015, 12:00 AM
Lol can't wait till release

voidwarlocker
04-12-2015, 05:29 AM
Yep Praxus, sounds like you've decided to be a casual and then complain about it. I for one am totally stoked for this. Thank you Trion for continually giving me new reasons to play. I love this game and am ready to rig it up!

Mr B
04-12-2015, 05:33 AM
Well, i find it really odd that they release alcatraz in the middle of armistice celebration.Now i'm gonna have a hard time deciding what to do for the next week lol.
Really looking forward to Alcatraz update though, hopefully we'll be able to play without any server/glitchs issues at launch. (:b)

Claydough
04-12-2015, 07:58 PM
The dlc's aren't worth the price, especially on Xbox where they never go on sale. So no to buying dlc. Pursuits related to PvP and grouping for co-op instances will never be completed since I don't participate in either one. Again, the social pursuits will never be completed as well because I have no friends that play this. I can't see asking a stranger, even if we are in the same clan, to stand there and do 25 trades with me, or let me kill them 100 times for duels, or ride along as a passenger in their vehicle. That just seems ridiculous to me. And I don't trade or buy in general either. I either use what I get or turn it into a vendor. The gold races will never be done because it was near impossible for me to get bronze in them what with lag, obstacles popping up, and poor vehicle controls. I'm working on the weapon "kill 5k with this", but those are extremely slow going it'd probably take me six months to do those. Everything else doable is done. All season story missions, all side missions, and all goals/pursuits that I could do are done. So even if I wanted to participate in Alcatraz, which I do not, having it offer 100 ego isn't worth the effort/aggravation for me. Dealing with keys, setting up groups, not interested in the hassle of it, especially without a mic.

It must be school holidays.

Praxus07
04-12-2015, 08:53 PM
It must be school holidays.
Right, because if I don't participate, can't participate, or don't want to participate in every aspect of the game I must be, what, a child still in school? That makes the same amount of sense as most of these idiotic ingame Goals.

WhiteStrike
04-13-2015, 12:13 AM
Right, because if I don't participate, can't participate, or don't want to participate in every aspect of the game I must be, what, a child still in school? That makes the same amount of sense as most of these idiotic ingame Goals.

Let's make this simple,shall we?You get what you worked for.

Claydough
04-13-2015, 01:23 AM

listen to the way you are carrying on, you cant honestly tell me you acting like a mature adult...

Praxus07
04-13-2015, 02:09 AM
listen to the way you are carrying on, you cant honestly tell me you acting like a mature adult...Actually I can.

Blocking leveling up until you complete idiotic requirements is the most ridiculous game mechanic I've ever seen. You can level up to 4600 ego or so by doing nothing but events, but once you hit that wall you have to jump through idiotic hoops to advance. Seriously, why should anyone be required to ride shotgun in another players vehicle to level up? Or forced to pvp, or forced to do gold trials just because you hit an arbitrary lvl wall. If I don't want to or can't participate in those types of things I can never level up any further, and my character will always be gimped. So forgive me if I don't give a rats butt about Alcatraz when foolish game mechanics are stopping me from advancing my character.

Mr B
04-13-2015, 02:24 AM
Let's make this simple,shall we?You get what you worked for.

^This.
Want to level up?Do things you don't like.Like the rest of us.
Don't want to lvl up?That's fine too.
Simple.

Haruchai
04-13-2015, 02:58 AM

Seems to me that you should be playing a single player game, you appear to want to only do content that can be soloed. So why are you playing a mmo, only doing a portion of the content then griping about levelling options?

You dont want to purchase the dlc etc, ok I get that, but it raises another point, why should trion give a damn what you want? You dont want to give them any money, you dont want to participate in half of the content, so what value do you have as a customer when you ask for it all but only if its free?

edispilfnairb
04-13-2015, 05:05 AM

Try making some in game friends that play, the social pursuits go by fast then. Otherwise explore other game options outside Defiance if your so dead set on this game not having anything left to offer you.

If your not enjoying what your doing--move on.

Praxus07
04-13-2015, 06:36 AM
Seems to me that you should be playing a single player game, you appear to want to only do content that can be soloed. So why are you playing a mmo, only doing a portion of the content then griping about levelling options?

You dont want to purchase the dlc etc, ok I get that, but it raises another point, why should trion give a damn what you want? You dont want to give them any money, you dont want to participate in half of the content, so what value do you have as a customer when you ask for it all but only if its free?

What exactly am I asking for that's "ask for it all but only if its free?"? The ability to not have to do stupid things to level up is asking too much? How does Trion make any money by forcing me to PvP, or run a co-op map? Am I paying them now to PvP or not PvP? I'd be more inclined to throw some cash on the bit store if I could level up without doing stupid goals.

I don't enjoy PvP, I never have in any game. I don't like co-op content, I prefer to play at my own pace, not a groups. So players who refuse to participate in both those aspects shouldn't be allowed to increase levels? I don't see the reason for that. Why should I give money to a company that thinks that way? Put out content that will allow me to level up without having to do things I don't want to do. That Dlc I would buy. Release a dlc that will remove that invisible lvl wall of 4500 or 4600 and I'll gladly buy it.

And if the past dlc had any actual content that was worth the price I'd buy it. Every single dlc review I've read for this game, and just talking to people in game, all say the dlc is totally not worth buying. Barely any content for the price compared to most other dlc's for other games. So again, put out worthwhile content and I'd buy it. Otherwise there's no reason for me to support Trion in any other way outside of buying the game, which I did.

Kyrinthic
04-13-2015, 07:12 AM
What is the non-pvp, non-co-op content that you cannot participate in at level 4600 that is causing a problem for you?
I assume just hitting the arbitrary level cap is unimportant since you do not mind ignoring half of the game that does not concern you.

Mister Derpenhowser
04-13-2015, 08:10 AM
What exactly am I asking for that's "ask for it all but only if its free?"? The ability to not have to do stupid things to level up is asking too much? How does Trion make any money by forcing me to PvP, or run a co-op map? Am I paying them now to PvP or not PvP? I'd be more inclined to throw some cash on the bit store if I could level up without doing stupid goals.

I don't enjoy PvP, I never have in any game. I don't like co-op content, I prefer to play at my own pace, not a groups. So players who refuse to participate in both those aspects shouldn't be allowed to increase levels? I don't see the reason for that. Why should I give money to a company that thinks that way? Put out content that will allow me to level up without having to do things I don't want to do. That Dlc I would buy. Release a dlc that will remove that invisible lvl wall of 4500 or 4600 and I'll gladly buy it.

And if the past dlc had any actual content that was worth the price I'd buy it. Every single dlc review I've read for this game, and just talking to people in game, all say the dlc is totally not worth buying. Barely any content for the price compared to most other dlc's for other games. So again, put out worthwhile content and I'd buy it. Otherwise there's no reason for me to support Trion in any other way outside of buying the game, which I did.

Achievement unlocked: officially cried a river on Trions forums. 10points

Graywolfe
04-13-2015, 08:21 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew how big the 6 hour download for this is going to be. I have to watch how much I download so I am just wondering if it is going to be over 5 gigs.

WhiteStrike
04-14-2015, 12:08 AM
I was just wondering if anyone knew how big the 6 hour download for this is going to be. I have to watch how much I download so I am just wondering if it is going to be over 5 gigs.

It'll probably take 2 hours.

JOCCO5150
04-14-2015, 12:51 AM

Why should someone that hasn't done half of the stuff in the game be able to be the same ego level as those of us that have? That is what doesn't make sense.

PhantasieTrion
04-14-2015, 10:02 AM

Hi Graywolfe

How much you need to patch is dependant on how "up to date" you were prior to the patch.
Last time I checked, if you were completely up to date prior to Alcatraz, the patch should be about 500 MB.
Of course it would be larger if you hadn't played (patched) in several months, or if you were downloading the game for the firs time.

--Phantasie

SUPREEM
04-14-2015, 10:29 AM
Finally!! The day has come brethren. Tis, ALCATRAZ!! Behold, a long treacherous journey awaits us. Are you ready for it?

Graywolfe
04-14-2015, 11:32 AM
Hi Graywolfe

How much you need to patch is dependant on how "up to date" you were prior to the patch.
Last time I checked, if you were completely up to date prior to Alcatraz, the patch should be about 500 MB.
Of course it would be larger if you hadn't played (patched) in several months, or if you were downloading the game for the firs time.

--Phantasie

Thats cool, I am up to date so that small of a download will be quick and easy thank you for the info Phantasie.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-14-2015, 11:38 AM
Actually I can.

Blocking leveling up until you complete idiotic requirements is the most ridiculous game mechanic I've ever seen. You can level up to 4600 ego or so by doing nothing but events, but once you hit that wall you have to jump through idiotic hoops to advance. Seriously, why should anyone be required to ride shotgun in another players vehicle to level up? Or forced to pvp, or forced to do gold trials just because you hit an arbitrary lvl wall. If I don't want to or can't participate in those types of things I can never level up any further, and my character will always be gimped. So forgive me if I don't give a rats butt about Alcatraz when foolish game mechanics are stopping me from advancing my character.

Sadly you chose to play a "Massively Multiplayer Online" game.... not a "Hand Holding Singleplayer" game. And now your mad that you have to interact with other players to level further? Lmao. Your lucky you got as far as 4600 "on your own"

Go play a singleplayer game if you are that unsocial. Heres a secret... mmo's are social affairs. You dont want to play the content, refuse to use the cash shop, so you dont deserve to hit level cap or have trion shed a tear for you. Really? Dude, its not like anyone else got to cap by NOT doing those tthings..... why shoukd you deserve to step over those whove put in the grueling pvp time, or actually applied and tried for those pursuits.

This is that 6 year old december gimme gimme attitude. Little kid in you wanting everything handed to you without doing the leg work. Well, you picked the wrong game for that. This is not "just another single player shooter" its a social multiplayer game. Those arent npc's running round the map with you. Those purple dots........ they are players like you ;) juss sayin

grubin
04-14-2015, 01:57 PM
Actually I can.

Well, if you're not up to being challenged outside of your comfort zone, then perhaps Super Mario World for SNES is more up your alley. If you don't want to play the game the way it was created, stop being Sergeant Butthurt and go make your own. The dynamics in this game are unique to this game. I don't like PVP either, but am I going to blame the game for including it? What's the point? Blame yourself because you suck. Not because the game has something you can't or won't do. If you don't like it, move on to a game that suits all your needs and cups your balls as you progress.

Sitting around pissing and moaning that the game is keeping you from advancing your character like you have a valid reason, is absolutely childish. You're only getting yourself wound up on YOUR shortcomings. Not Trion's.

Mxman
04-17-2015, 03:33 AM

Ark hunters, prepare yourselves for challenging new gameplay and powerful new equipment in our Alcatraz Update coming April 14!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/04/08/alcatraz-update-coming-to-defiance-on-april-14)

Seems like its DLC as you quickly can't play with pay!

Dissipointing & a waste.