PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about Alcatraz update if possible.

Wenex
04-10-2015, 01:31 PM
Will the rigs and chips drop from normal enemies found in all three main locations? In SF, Silicon Valley? Or are they only expedition items?

Are expeditions totally end-game feature (only 5900/6000 ego) or it's viable to play them with for example 1300 ego character?

Would appreciate the answer. Tried to search for them on google, but haven't found anything. Anyone know maybe?

Cheers.

dremora ven0m
04-10-2015, 01:39 PM
Will the rigs and chips drop from normal enemies found in all three main locations? In SF, Silicon Valley? Or are they only expedition items?

Are expeditions totally end-game feature (only 5900/6000 ego) or it's viable to play them with for example 1300 ego character?

Would appreciate the answer. Tried to search for them on google, but haven't found anything. Anyone know maybe?

Cheers.

Rigs & chips only found via mini & main bosses in expeditions.
any ego can enter alcatraz, anything under 5k is gonna struggle tho from what I can gather.

Fuzzy
04-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Rigs and Chips only drop in expeditions from Mini-Bosses or Endbosses.

Everyone can do expeditions, there's no Ego Requirement. There are so called tiers.
You can read up on expeditions here: http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=488 (I will update this guide this weekend with things that may have changed).
However, it's not viable for an Ego 5.900 to run with an Ego 1.3k. Teams should be on the same ego or close to each other, otherwise, it'll be a huge disadvantge.

Wenex
04-10-2015, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the answers. I was really hoping those items were accessible from everywhere :( Oh well, guess I will need to farm a lot to get 6000 ego.

Burned In Effigy
04-10-2015, 02:47 PM
So are there going to be ego based missions? I am over 6k on main. Just hit 5900 on alt but with very little PvP pursuits done.
So like when SV dropped; will there be ego buildup missions?

Fuzzy
04-10-2015, 03:58 PM
We covered pretty much everything on DD, including new pursuits...
http://www.defiancedata.com/calendar-entry.php?id=43

Pursuits: http://www.defiancedata.com/page=502/preview-season-3-pursuits-alcatraz-guide

Brido_hecatombe
04-10-2015, 04:20 PM
I love the fact that only expeditions bring this loot to us, makes it feel more like a proper mmo imho, gg trion!!!

And for players that played on PTS, does this update mean we need to group like a proper mmo team of healer, tank and dps???

because I would love to see that kinda gameplay here rather than just everyone being dps or healer(BMG Spammer)

already got Tank spec cemented into my head but have no proper info on whether it's needed or just pure deeps will do?!?

dremora ven0m
04-10-2015, 04:37 PM
We covered pretty much everything on DD, including new pursuits...
http://www.defiancedata.com/calendar-entry.php?id=43

Pursuits: http://www.defiancedata.com/page=502/preview-season-3-pursuits-alcatraz-guide

Great job Fuzzy btw

Xaat Xuun
04-10-2015, 04:44 PM
only place to get Cyber rigs and Chips outside of doing Expeditions, would be the Bit Store.

heck if you wanted to, and have the bits, you could just get the lock box, Breakdown what you don't want into shards, and purchase what you do want from the Cyber rig Vendor with the shards, and never once enter a expedition :cool:

And the Cyber rig vendor is the only other place one can get Rigs and Chips, but you will need to have rigs and chips to breakdown first, so it would have to come from the Bit Store or from Expeditions, then the Cyber Vendor

JOCCO5150
04-10-2015, 04:47 PM
I love the fact that only expeditions bring this loot to us, makes it feel more like a proper mmo imho, gg trion!!!

And for players that played on PTS, does this update mean we need to group like a proper mmo team of healer, tank and dps???

because I would love to see that kinda gameplay here rather than just everyone being dps or healer(BMG Spammer)

already got Tank spec cemented into my head but have no proper info on whether it's needed or just pure deeps will do?!?

A team of sniper, tank, dps, and medic would be cool. Of course I haven't played on pts though.

Edit... and by medic, I don't mean bmg spammer. I mean someone that stays back behind cover to revive people when needed. All perks set to revive and so forth.

Xaat Xuun
04-10-2015, 05:07 PM
A team of sniper, tank, dps, and medic would be cool. Of course I haven't played on pts though.

Edit... and by medic, I don't mean bmg spammer. I mean someone that stays back behind cover to revive people when needed. All perks set to revive and so forth.
the possible unfortunate part with the medic role there, it will cost your own self revive, or a hunter req if your self revive has not fully recharged yet
a Sniper, Bomber, and DPSx2 and each keeping bits available if you need to get a hunter req to revive yourself, or a friend in group that doesn't have bits to revive them.

Also don't want to stay in too tight of a group, would suck if every one goes down from the same AoE, and at the same time you don't want to be too far apart.
The closest thing to a Tank role would be a strong Decoy, Seems the Decoy is the only thing in the game that has some kind of threat/Taunt, to pull mobs to them, and that don't always work out, only up side when that decoy doesn't pull mobs off you, you can just decoy teleport ;)

JOCCO5150
04-10-2015, 05:28 PM
the possible unfortunate part with the medic role there, it will cost your own self revive, or a hunter req if your self revive has not fully recharged yet
a Sniper, Bomber, and DPSx2 and each keeping bits available if you need to get a hunter req to revive yourself, or a friend in group that doesn't have bits to revive them.

Also don't want to stay in too tight of a group, would suck if every one goes down from the same AoE, and at the same time you don't want to be too far apart.
The closest thing to a Tank role would be a strong Decoy, Seems the Decoy is the only thing in the game that has some kind of threat/Taunt, to pull mobs to them, and that don't always work out, only up side when that decoy doesn't pull mobs off you, you can just decoy teleport ;)

Yes, with this scenario I was assuming everyone could stay alive and keep the medic alive long enough for his self vice to recharge. But if not it wouldn't work. And if the fx weren't so messed up, a protector would be great. They need to fix

Xaat Xuun
04-10-2015, 06:12 PM
only once I had ran through a expedition where someone used a BMG, and to me it didn't seem to made a difference, also at the same time didn't make things worse, the best set up is every one in the group are on the same page.

when I was running through the expeditions I was going through as if I was F2P & had only the one hunter req (This was before they changed it where f3p will be getting 3 instead of 1 a week), and it really sux when you couldn't get past the first room without the need of a HR. Course this was my soloing expedition journeys

there are many set ups a group could go, but they're not going to work if not every one in the group are not on the same page, what you listed as a possible group set up would work, and in just the way you described . but that would need to be more of a static group to run smoothly , I have a hard time believing any pug group could run with that, but not impossible

on another note, I like to role play in these instances , something I really can't do in a group, specially when they're just wanting to complete it for the reward, I think that is why I like the expeditions the most, since I can role play in them alone, where I cannot with Co-Ops (solo thing). It's role play moments like these I wish there was a Walk or sneak, and where you could lean, but we can't , going through there is like I'm directing my own Action movie. It may be tougher soloing, but I enjoy it so much more then being in a group.

JOCCO5150
04-10-2015, 06:55 PM
I'm sort of picturing it like it was a fantasy game where you have archer/sniper, barbarian/tank, knight/dps, wizard/medic. If I wasn't so against the bmg I could see it as wizardry. You can shield, heal, dmg. I think it would be really fun if it could be played this way. But like you say, it would have to be an organized static group where everyone knew their parts.

Tex_Arcana
04-10-2015, 07:16 PM
Am I wrong in thinking that Tank type would have (eg) a Purge/Syphon type of load out?
There are several weapons that put out good dps in that category (DPs being an aggro generator in this game).

JOCCO5150
04-10-2015, 07:29 PM
Am I wrong in thinking that Tank type would have (eg) a Purge/Syphon type of load out?
There are several weapons that put out good dps in that category (DPs being an aggro generator in this game).

Yes purge/syphon. For the tank I would use my hf saw most likely and milking maid maybe, or corruptor. For my dps I might use my hf tachmag combined with my KLOC EVO syphon. I'm not really good with the other weapon types enough to know what would be best

Tex_Arcana
04-10-2015, 09:12 PM
I have a good HF Fragger with a nice deep clip which I love.
Slot 2 would probably be either Fate's Kiss. Though the nice syphon AR we got from the live stream code is also making me smile...I have a lot of options though...
Shields and ablative on enemy have me wondering...

Sevrin
04-11-2015, 08:07 AM

Pretty much this ^^ with one player maybe a tank / medic combo (with the "self medicated" and "one for all" perks, HB (syphon?) weapons and, of course, the GA shield) whose main role is to stay alive and generate self-revive for the others if necessary. There are some situations in Expeditions where ground zero is so small and the enemies so powerful that keeping that teammate alive will be a challenge. In those tight areas I'm not sure that HB weapons will be that useful (you just can't kill fast enough to generate enough self-revive). Probably better to use some combination of Purge / Syphon. (Hiding and using cover become very useful skils in Expeditions IMHO :) )

Also a word about tanking. As each round becomes progressively harder, there comes a point where

Tex_Arcana
04-11-2015, 09:43 AM
Pretty much this ^^ with one player maybe a tank / medic combo (with the "self medicated" and "one for all" perks, HB (syphon?) weapons and, of course, the GA shield) whose main role is to stay alive and generate self-revive for the others if necessary. There are some situations in Expeditions where ground zero is so small and the enemies so powerful that keeping that teammate alive will be a challenge. In those tight areas I'm not sure that HB weapons will be that useful (you just can't kill fast enough to generate enough self-revive). Probably better to use some combination of Purge / Syphon. (Hiding and using cover become very useful skils in Expeditions IMHO :) )

Also a word about tanking. As each round becomes progressively harder, there comes a point where
...the post gets caught in a singularity?

Wenex
04-11-2015, 11:42 AM
(This was before they changed it where f3p will be getting 3 instead of 1 a week)

So f2p gets 3 a week. Are people who bought Defiance before it went f2p also will receive only 3 a week? Or maybe more?

Tex_Arcana
04-11-2015, 11:48 AM
So f2p gets 3 a week. Are people who bought Defiance before it went f2p also will receive only 3 a week? Or maybe more?

If I am not mistaken: We're all in the same boat. F2P or not. You will have use bits to get more runs in.

Wenex
04-11-2015, 11:56 AM
If I am not mistaken: We're all in the same boat. F2P or not. You will have use bits to get more runs in.

Okay I got it. Patron Pass is required to have more : P Or bits. I was having a little hope that disc version customers would be somehow rewarded for actually buying the game.

JOCCO5150
04-11-2015, 12:18 PM

I have a HB syphon ar now, so that will come in handy

Fuzzy
04-11-2015, 01:08 PM
Okay I got it. Patron Pass is required to have more : P Or bits. I was having a little hope that disc version customers would be somehow rewarded for actually buying the game.

Sadly not. Patron Pass Owners get 10 per week (1/day + 3 freebie ones everyone gets)

JOCCO5150
04-11-2015, 01:18 PM
What is the cost in bits of 1 hr?

Fuzzy
04-11-2015, 01:20 PM
What is the cost in bits of 1 hr?

http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=504#obtaining

tarmim
04-11-2015, 01:48 PM
So we have two snipers?? O.o

But but then medic is pretty useless... Bmg spammers r awesome!!!

JOCCO5150
04-11-2015, 02:25 PM
http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=504#obtaining

Thank you....