PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Season 3 airdate (and possible crossover ideas)

Escyos
04-11-2015, 04:17 AM
So we finally got a release date for season 3: June 12th. And its a double episode, too. (Don't complain about it taking so long between seasons, they have to film and edit everything AND give the cast and crew time off).

So I was thinking about possible crossovers we may be getting based on what we know, which is little. So the Omec show up in Defiance, and hopefully we will be getting them in the game as well. I doubt they are too alien so an additional skin to the basic set would be easy.

The Earth Republic is basically crushed, so maybe we will be getting some missions to deal with helping them re-establish a power base. Alcatraz touches on this subject a bit, but I think a power struggle between the highest ranking E-Rep politicians could lead to some trouble all over the New Frontier.

I'd also really like to see a new co-op map, we haven't gotten a new one since launch. I'd like to infiltrate a hellbug nest, but have like 100 hellbugs in every room and corridor and just overwhelm players so they need to keep retreating.

Graywolfe
04-11-2015, 05:50 AM
Yeah i can't wait for the new season. I'm sure there will be a lot of power struggles going on in the show and hopefully they will come over to the game. It was not just the E-Rep that went down, they said the VC capital in south america was destroyed too so everyone is without leaders except the crime families. Maybe we will get some new contracts to do for dallies and weeklies.

Claydough
04-11-2015, 08:41 AM
So we finally got a release date for season 3: June 12th. And its a double episode, too. (Don't complain about it taking so long between seasons, they have to film and edit everything AND give the cast and crew time off).

So I was thinking about possible crossovers we may be getting based on what we know, which is little. So the Omec show up in Defiance, and hopefully we will be getting them in the game as well. I doubt they are too alien so an additional skin to the basic set would be easy.

The Earth Republic is basically crushed, so maybe we will be getting some missions to deal with helping them re-establish a power base. Alcatraz touches on this subject a bit, but I think a power struggle between the highest ranking E-Rep politicians could lead to some trouble all over the New Frontier.

I'd also really like to see a new co-op map, we haven't gotten a new one since launch. I'd like to infiltrate a hellbug nest, but have like 100 hellbugs in every room and corridor and just overwhelm players so they need to keep retreating.

try angel island co op

Warhorse500
04-11-2015, 11:11 AM
So I was thinking about possible crossovers we may be getting based on what we know, which is little....

The Earth Republic is basically crushed, so maybe we will be getting some missions to deal with helping them re-establish a power base....

I'll take the second one first: I don't know that the E-Rep really is crushed. Granted, NYC is mostly destroyed, but Viceroy Mercado and his gang were all in Defiance when that happened. The impression that I was left with at season's end was that Defiance was going to become the E-Rep's new capital, and Mercado and his entourage were going to become the new E-Rep government, with Defiance as the geographic seat of power. That would make sense, what with the presence of some of the richest gulanite mines east of the Storm Divide.

Along that line of thought---I thought I saw something Escyos put up about how the E-Rep was leaving Defiance because the gulanite mines were supposedly destroyed in the wake of the Kaziri explosion. I'm not so sure they were destroyed---just reburied. Therein lies a possible story line for the season---I personally think it would be great to see Rafe McCawley go back and reestablish the mines. A good source of story-driving conflict could be that McCawley, seeing just how much work needs to be done in order to bring the mines back into operation, finds himself forced to join forces---AGAIN---with Datak Tarr in order to get workers. Conflict, charge blades, .45-caliber handguns, and hilarity all ensue.

Now for the first part: I actually proposed, here on this forum, a script idea for an episode wherein the show would start in San Fran for the opening sequence. This sequence would use Trion's animation, then fade/wipe to live-action during the opening credits. I had enough ideas in my head for the episode that I could've made it a two-parter, with the final scene of the second episode fading back into Trion's animation back in San Fran.

This would finally give us the crossover content that I've been looking for in the last two seasons. You're all welcome to look up the thread; I'm sure it's gotten deeply buried by now but it's still out there.

Escyos
04-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Yeah i can't wait for the new season. I'm sure there will be a lot of power struggles going on in the show and hopefully they will come over to the game. It was not just the E-Rep that went down, they said the VC capital in south america was destroyed too so everyone is without leaders except the crime families. Maybe we will get some new contracts to do for dallies and weeklies.

Ummm Sulos wasn't said to be hit, we only know of two places, New York and Belize.

Nefarious
04-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Im thinking one of the cross overs leading up to the season will deal with Indosapian Kenya.

Escyos
04-11-2015, 08:50 PM
try angel island co op

I have, but what we need is a tight cave system that occasionally has a hellion arm crash from teh roof and knock us back, hundreds of eggs just waiting to hatch, dozens of matrons and monarchs and thousands of hellbugs.

heartbreak_courier
04-12-2015, 12:08 AM
Im thinking one of the cross overs leading up to the season will deal with Indosapian Kenya.

Agreed. It seemed like such a blatant setup, but most of the S2 crossover missions were set between S1 and S2.

Honestly, I'd just like anything that feels like a good crossover. It's always seemed like the show and game are always begrudgingly acknowledging each other, but never doing stuff like having Jon Cooper show up in Defiance, for instance. Mention of Dark Matter or Von Bach (besides his logo) or the stratocarrier crash. Like, seriously, anything. That goes for the game, too. Hopefully with the Expeditions in place, we'll be able to adventure out into different areas of the New Frontier and meet up with what's going on with the show more often.