PDA

View Full Version : I'm the Bad Guy.

Altras
04-11-2015, 08:37 PM

konstantinov
04-11-2015, 09:34 PM
I'm the bad guy because I'm legitimately the bad guy.

Altras
04-11-2015, 09:42 PM
I'm the bad guy because I'm legitimately the bad guy.

No wonder we get along xD

konstantinov
04-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Hated by 95% of the new players.

Altras
04-11-2015, 09:51 PM

I get some vet hatred on the server, someone talks crap about my clan, I fire back. Most people tend to not like being corrected with facts.

Adage
04-11-2015, 10:10 PM
Edit: took it to pms

Lithova
04-11-2015, 10:10 PM
dunno whats going on, I don't see anyone making threads or post about you on these forums.

Altras
04-11-2015, 10:17 PM
dunno whats going on, I don't see anyone making threads or post about you on these forums.

A recent chat with a Community Awarded Member, telling me my clan is crap set this thread in motion. And lately I've been hearing people spreading nonsense about me, figured I'd set the record straight.

Lithova
04-11-2015, 10:24 PM
brah you shouldn't let other peoples chit chat bother you, its all hearsay. I recommend a tea bagging on their face next time you see them in PvP.

Altras
04-11-2015, 10:27 PM
brah you shouldn't let other peoples chit chat bother you, its all hearsay. I recommend a tea bagging on their face next time you see them in PvP.

Its not that it bother's me much, its just been going on for so long without me saying anything, figured it was time to fix that.

SirServed
04-11-2015, 10:43 PM
A clan leader may always mean well with his actions, but his clan as a whole can still have a bad rep. If one piles enough apples into a barrel, some are bound to be bad. If a clan in question has the largest active population, it naturally allows for the largest population of bad apples. Even the concept of what a bad apple is will vary from player to player as it is subjective in nature. For one it can be a BMG score farmer or CF spammer, for others it's as simple as someone that will afk at the edge of a conflict site.

When a large clan appears and reinvents the wheel, people follow. Most newer players don't understand that these strategies have already been invented over a year ago and when the majority of said clan is also newer in comparison, they also believe that their clan invented it. People don't like when others get credit for their ideas, video game or not.

Furthermore, when a large amount of people more or less force people to do encounters their way without explaining what's really going on, they end up misleading everyone that's not in their clan. There are countless Warmaster PUG groups that will sit there for an inordinate amount of time clinging to the belief that they need more people, even though they don't understand that the nearby list will show them a maximum of 25 people. The encounter's focus has shifted from "designed for 16 to 24 skilled Ark Hunters" to "bring as many people as we can so we can win".

TL;DR: The leader will always take the heat when a clan sets a bad example for the server as a whole, even though they mean well.

Altras
04-11-2015, 10:48 PM
When a large clan appears and reinvents the wheel, people follow. Most newer players don't understand that these strategies have already been invented over a year ago and when the majority of said clan is also newer in comparison, they also believe that their clan invented it. People don't like when others get credit for their ideas, video game or not.

Is this related to the whole Decoy fiasco?

Furthermore, when a large amount of people more or less force people to do encounters their way without explaining what's really going on, they end up misleading everyone that's not in their clan. There are countless Warmaster PUG groups that will sit there for an inordinate amount of time clinging to the belief that they need more people, even though they don't understand that the nearby list will show them a maximum of 25 people. The encounter's focus has shifted from "designed for 16 to 24 skilled Ark Hunters" to "bring as many people as we can so we can win".

Well when we plant the spikes, go in and fill, then invite other people who then accept the invite, join in, only to complain about how we're going about it? Pretty sure this is one of the things that caused private instances to start being coded. Also, its not "Bring as many people as we can so we can win", Its "I want to play with all my friends, not just a select few" a concept that seems completely incomprehensible by certain clan founders.

Nefarious
04-11-2015, 10:52 PM
You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what's that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Altras
04-11-2015, 10:54 PM
You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what's that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

That Scarface reference is spot on.

Inde
04-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Who are you again?

SirServed
04-11-2015, 11:08 PM
Well when we plant the spikes, go in and fill, then invite other people who then accept the invite, join in, only to complain about how we're going about it? Pretty sure this is one of the things that caused private instances to start being coded. Also, its not "Bring as many people as we can so we can win", Its "I want to play with all my friends, not just a select few" a concept that seems completely incomprehensible by certain clan founders.
Actually, players saying things like "our Warmaster" despite it being a public event that can be accessed from multiple phases would take the cake when it comes to private matches. Private matches will allow you to take as much time as you'd like organizing a run, despite the fact that you can literally win in a PUG with 10 of the 24 players present being skilled enough to carry the rest of the raid.

Upon creation, the activity was technically intended to limit the amount of participants to grant a level of challenge and not be exploited. Co-op matches are made to fit 4 people maximum into them, would you still fit 40 people into said match simply because your preference is to do something fun with all of your friends? Despite my past participation in mass population kills, I always showed up in a Loadout with the potential to deal the DPS of several other players. Over time, I hoped that your clan would start to build stronger Loadouts for the encounter and not overpopulate it but you stayed the course. As a result, I stopped showing up.

Altras
04-11-2015, 11:13 PM
Actually, players saying things like "our Warmaster" despite it being a public event that can be accessed from multiple phases would take the cake when it comes to private matches. Private matches will allow you to take as much time as you'd like organizing a run, despite the fact that you can literally win in a PUG with 10 of the 24 players present being skilled enough to carry the rest of the raid.

Upon creation, the activity was technically intended to limit the amount of participants to grant a level of challenge and not be exploited. Co-op matches are made to fit 4 people maximum into them, would you still fit 40 people into said match simply because your preference is to do something fun with all of your friends? Despite my past participation in mass population kills, I always showed up in a Loadout with the potential to deal the DPS of several other players. Over time, I hoped that your clan would start to build stronger Loadouts for the encounter and not overpopulate it but you stayed the course. As a result, I stopped showing up.

When the game goes back to damage and not score whoring, we're more than prepared. But to some, having any opinion that's not your own is wrong, which people have made very apparant in chat time and time again.

SirServed
04-11-2015, 11:32 PM
When the game goes back to damage and not score whoring, we're more than prepared. But to some, having any opinion that's not your own is wrong, which people have made very apparantly in chat time and time again.
After about a year of the scoring system being around, I highly doubt the game will transition back to a damage done leaderboard model. It's not about score whoring when you bring a massive amount of people, it's about the conditions under which the encounter itself was created. The developers labored to create a challenge for 16 to 24 players. When we intentionally show up with numbers beyond that, it is my opinion that we basically spit in their faces due to our lack of appreciation. Despite the fact that they haven't placed a 24 player limit on the encounter, at some level we've placed our desires to win or even play with all of our friends above the rules. As I said before, while intentions may be good in nature, they can still have negative side effects that go unnoticed.

The negative response to a differing opinion is a two-way street. Your clan is not innocent in this matter.

Altras
04-11-2015, 11:42 PM
Never said we're innocent. Its also not my fault the instance was released with bugs. Listening is a choice, and some people choose to listen, others don't, that's fine. But judging someone because they prefer social gameplay? Ill leave that to them.

I believe rashere had mentioned they're working on something similar to the damage system, to reward skilled players.

P.s. your far from innocent in all this too. Its easy to point fingers isn't it?

Chris Robet
04-11-2015, 11:43 PM
Who cares about what others think? Ignore the haters and move on.

Edit: Never let anyone influence your actions or feelings when they are simply out to anger or provoke you.

SirServed
04-11-2015, 11:49 PM
P.s. your far from innocent in all this too. Its easy to point fingers isn't it?
Never made an attempt to deny it. At the same time, I've worded my responses in a non-aggressive manner because I do not hate Cronus. I may disagree with the things that your clan says or does, but hate is not something that comes to mind. A lot of my business is done with Cronus and you can't properly run a business with a chip on your shoulder. People may have told you that I hate Cronus but in the end, that amounts to hearsay. What a player pays another player to do and put my name into shouldn't avalanche onto me. I have a friend of 15 years that hates everything to do with you and your clan, it's no big secret. I stay out of it.

Altras
04-12-2015, 12:03 AM
What a player pays another player to do and put my name into shouldn't avalanche onto me. I have a friend of 15 years that hates everything to do with you and your clan, it's no big secret. I stay out of it.

That whole plot/scheme never came to fruition. Friend B who paid friend A didnt account for a backfire. And Friend B asks for favors every now and then too. Least they did before their plot failed. I dont dislike you, you keep me honest, but at the same time sometimes I feel you defend those who would be quick to take advantage of you if given the opportunity. Just an opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

SUPREEM
04-12-2015, 05:47 AM

Hated? New players must not know Kon a defiance og, he does dis mayne. #stopthehateyo

Mister Derpenhowser
04-12-2015, 06:21 AM
Lol at this thread. Lol.

konstantinov
04-12-2015, 07:13 AM
Hated? New players must not know Kon a defiance og, he does dis mayne. #stopthehateyo

I feed on their tears.

Altras
04-12-2015, 07:17 AM
(edit: phone failed on quoting :/)

I feed on their tears.

Hahaha, brilliant!

DK Moore
04-12-2015, 07:38 AM
Was there really any need for this post?

So what if a 'Community Awarded Member' thinks your clan is crap. Are they not entitled to an opinion? You clearly want your opinion to be seen by all otherwise you wouldn't have made this post in the first place. But what you need to remember is, they are only "opinions". But I do believe you are mistaken. I wouldn't say they think your "clan is crap", as that would imply they know all your members to make such a judgement. So before making allegations against 1 of only 6 people, you should try talking to that said person first, ask them why they have that opinion, if it is at all true. Maybe their feedback could benefit you and your clan. As for being seen as a 'Bad Guy', people make up their own opinions based on the actions that they see. Not everyone will share the same opinion as yourself. It's just a fact of life that people will disagree. So from my point of view, making a post such as this is unnecessary. Obviously, you will disagree with that and that is your right. But the simple fact is, nobody actually cares. So in short, if you want people to perceive you or your clan in a different light, maybe you should think twice before making a post such as this.

Shmee
04-12-2015, 07:53 AM
I think you've got it wrong Altras. You heard clearly today from Roga et al that it's Shmee who is the bad guy. I mean, have you heard all the things I'm responsible for.

:D

Altras
04-12-2015, 08:07 AM
Was there really any need for this post?

Was wondering when you'd join in. That cm, has constantly spoken against my clan after I put in a recruitment message, I don't divert people from his thing. And the incident that caused the issue, was a member who was foul. Who've I've previously apologized about before, but when asked for a name so I could see them removed, suddenly memory was an issue. A grudge like that, isn't something that slips your mind.

Tex_Arcana
04-12-2015, 08:09 AM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/42/f3/7e/42f37e2385846b1b9715a80f30f3ad19.jpg

DK Moore
04-12-2015, 08:14 AM
I just gave my opinion. As something needed to be said. Myself and many others in this community are tired of seeing posts such as this. It's not mature at all. It's petty and childish. If that's how you want to be perceived then carry on. But don't complain about other peoples opinions when posts such as this are what give them that opinion.

proto
04-12-2015, 08:14 AM
I'm the bad guy because I train newer members to be good in pvp, so everyone thinks we hack.

I'm the bad guy because when I run events for my clan, I ask for organization, and other people don't like it.

I'm the bad guy because I try to recruit players that I think would be a valuable addition to my clan, regardless of what clan they're in.

I'm the bad guy because I run my clan how I want too, and not how others tell me too.

I'm the bad guy because I'm not afraid to fight back.

And lastly, I'm the bad guy because I don't take **** from anyone.

So if you want to agree with bogus rumors and petty lies, by all means, label me the bad guy. Been dealing with it for over a year now. In the meantime, I'll continue to provide my clan the best experience Defiance has to offer.

Sounds fun. I'm in. I'll add you in game next time I log in. When do you guys normally play? I'm on a lot in the mornings(8AM Eastern for a few hours) and some times in the afternoon.

Altras
04-12-2015, 08:24 AM
I just gave my opinion. As something needed to be said. Myself and many others in this community are tired of seeing posts such as this. It's not mature at all. It's petty and childish. If that's how you want to be perceived then carry on. But don't complain about other peoples opinions when posts such as this are what give them that opinion.

So be it. Opinion is opinion is opinion, and that's entirely what this thread is. If one doesn't obey, they are wrong. If someone fights back, then they're a troll. If someone is good then they're a hacker. If someone recruits then they are a spammer.

When I was at PAX I had a moment to talk to the CEO of Trion. An interesting topic came up about the launch of Defiance, how there wasn't much dev communication on the forum because they considered the community toxic. Put that opinion in your pipe and smoke it.

DK Moore
04-12-2015, 08:27 AM
Most of the toxicity on the forums always somehow relates back to you or your clan. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe he was giving you a hint ;)

Altras
04-12-2015, 08:29 AM
Most of the toxicity on the forums always somehow relates back to you or your clan. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe he was giving you a hint ;)

Put your alt back in the clan, and come see for yourself. You wont be harassed, asked a million questions, or treated any lesser then another player. Though, that's the exact experience I had with my eu character on Red Thugs.

Mister Derpenhowser
04-12-2015, 08:32 AM
I've not been around on the forums very long, 5-6 months but this isn't the first time you've put up a thread like this. I'm doubting it will be the last either...

All this, and the last thread, scream is 'look at me, woe is meee'. Its kinda sad, these threads remind me of a child that runs a certain ps3 eu clan. Same sorta rubbish, always crying in zone, in clan disputes brought to zone... but its always them that is being persecuted. Funny that.

Anyways, have a good day

DK Moore
04-12-2015, 08:36 AM
You came to our clan with the intention to get members anyway. So would you rather them not ask you questions about your clan? You received a very warm welcome when you joined, if there was any hostility, then you wouldn't have been accepted in the first place.

Altras
04-12-2015, 08:42 AM
You came to our clan with the intention to get members anyway. So would you rather them not ask you questions about your clan? You received a very warm welcome when you joined, if there was any hostility, then you wouldn't have been accepted in the first place.

I didn't try to recruit anyone, and only replied to what was asked. Did you notice before any of that, I was joining other peoples events, and calling ones I was at? Was curious to see your event potential.

Holy Bahamut3
04-12-2015, 08:42 AM
To be fair the community was toxic (at least after launch, can't speak for before April 2015) because we were being ignored. We all forked out $60 minimum and the game was broken and sparce to say the least. To top it all off we had a community team who ignored us for the most part. When they did speak it involved bad news only. We had a right to be toxic.

It never to me looked like it was ever a clan thing, so I'm confused of where you may have pulled that from DK.

Just wanted to say thank you Altras for inviting me to be a part of your clan, I've had alot of fun running with you guys. Its like the Sugerhouse gang on 360 100 lol. Thanks for speaking up, but you already know you don't have to. If anyone is going to judge Cronus based on what they hear, then they are missing out on a great group of people to shoot stuff with. Their loss not ours.

DK Moore
04-12-2015, 08:51 AM
Why are you even bringing up Red Thugs? It has nothing to do with your original post. You think to slander us will make you look good? It just makes you look desperate. I have never said anything about Cronus as a clan. There are and were some good people in it. Changing the topic is just a way of avoiding the main issue. Which is, to put simply, so you understand, no one wants to see you crying on the forums about being a bad guy. Is it sympathy you want? Or is this just yet another publicity stunt? Either way, its just sad.

Belle Starr
04-12-2015, 08:55 AM
http://www.punjabigraphics.com/images/9/myspace_love_quotes141.gif

- :)

Altras
04-12-2015, 09:28 AM
To step into my shoes, you got to know where they've been.

I formed Cronus after myself and a bunch of other players weren't happy with the leadership in the current clan we were in, so we left and formed our own. That founder went ape**** crazy, and constantly spammed chat with how I kicked their members, how other clans shouldn't talk to us because we'll "poach" their members, then pmed new recruits telling people I'm the devil. This went on for about 3/4 months, multiple times a day. When in reality, I was the first of the group to leave.

When that died down, that's when hacking harassment started. "Your hacking, your friends are hacking, you clan hacks". Literally dozens of times a day, getting multiple pms from random people telling me how low life of a scumbag I am. People who PvP make PvP friends. This lasted for about 2 months.

Then this whole Decoy fiasco at the Warmaster started. I'll try to make this as clearly as possible: I DID NOT DISCOVER THIS TRICK. I simply taught myself how to do it. The one person I knew how to do it went afk for a few months, and it took me a week to figure it out. (I didn't even know for the first 5 days you needed decoy). So now suddenly I'm stealing other peoples ideas. There's another glitch ive yet to figure out where you can join someone, whether they have on friends list or not, and regardless if the instance is full. A handful of people would constantly join the warmaster, specifically to tell everyone how I stole someone else's discovery. I was accused of this every time I went into a Warmaster for about another 2 months.

Decoy fiasco turned into "Its wrong to overfill the instance". Wasn't so much accusations or harassment, but pity fights over opinions. This has been going on since and continues too. What I don't understand is the vets with the issue, played back when there was the whole Lockbreakers/keepers issue. And they were keepers.

Now-a-days its an assortment of hackusations, pm spam, recruit trolling, or clan harassment. Coming on a year of constantly dealing with all of this.

So am I acting childish? Sure.
But you deal with all that crap every time you play, you might reach your boiling point too.

DK Moore
04-12-2015, 09:34 AM
So it is sympathy, thanks for clearing that up.

We've all had issues and obstacles to overcome, more for clan founders/leaders. But we don't feel the need to publicize it. It just draws more attention. Deal with it and move on. It's as simple as that. Why did you feel the need to name and shame 1 of 6 people? What will be achieved by that?

Altras
04-12-2015, 09:40 AM
So it is sympathy, thanks for clearing that up.

We've all had issues and obstacles to overcome, more for clan founders/leaders. But we don't feel the need to publicize it. It just draws more attention. Deal with it and move on. It's as simple as that. Why did you feel the need to name and shame 1 of 6 people? What will be achieved by that?

I was hoping to finish off all this nonsense once and for all, even if I have to look the fool.

Also, I didn't drop a name. I personally think its ****ed for such an "Outstanding" member to behave in such a manner.

DK Moore
04-12-2015, 09:44 AM
You may not have said a name but you certainly narrowed it down. Which in turn is still wrong. They were credited for their dedication to the game and the community, and rightly so. Without their contributions, Defiance wouldn't be what it is today. They are still entitled to their opinions, whatever it may be. I'm sure even people at Trion have their own opinions, are they wrong to do so in your eyes as well?

Belle Starr
04-12-2015, 09:46 AM
Just have fun! It's game, so just have fun! :D

Since I started the game a year ago, my first and only MMO, I've been teabagged (hate that by the way!), motorboated (hated that worse!), stalked (scared the heck out of me at first), derided in general chat (don't read it any more - much anyway!), gossiped maliciously about behind my back (never works, because somebody will ALWAYS tell the person about the gossip even if it is done by clan chat or pm), been gossiped maliciously about in front of my back (?), yet I still keep playing Defiance! Why? Because I'm STILL having fun playing the game, and ignore all the people with "rocks" they want to throw at me! :)

And when it gets to me when I feel they are doing it too much, I remind myself it's a game and not RL! That's when I put on some music, tone everybody out, and go back to playing the game! And just have fun! :cool:

Dreypa
04-12-2015, 09:57 AM
http://blogs.mydevstaging.com/blogs/dadabase/files/2014/04/jLZz4Na.gif

Holy Bahamut3
04-12-2015, 10:12 AM

*snip*
And when it gets to me when I feel they are doing it too much, I remind myself it's a game and not RL! That's when I put on some music, tone everybody out, and go back to playing the game! And just have fun! :cool:

This^ rock on Belle.

fireballfour4
04-12-2015, 10:12 AM
come for the post stay for the comments

Antavius
04-12-2015, 10:27 AM
As a co-leader of an older clan, I look to Cronus for inspiration to help lead my clan. In fact the success of the Cronus clan members is one of the reasons I've quit doing WM instances with PU groups/raids and only will attend one of their hosted events. I've known Altras for quite some time and has never bothered me in any way shape manner or form. He has always been polite to me and none of my clanmates have ever come to me with complaints towards Atras or Cronus.

WhiteStrike
04-12-2015, 10:40 AM
http://blogs.mydevstaging.com/blogs/dadabase/files/2014/04/jLZz4Na.gif

Is that the King of Pop?

Warhorse500
04-12-2015, 10:44 AM
Is that the King of Pop?

Yeah...king of soda pop. Fizzes up a lot at first, but goes flat quickly. His nickname is "Uncle Touchy".

Dreypa
04-12-2015, 11:02 AM
Is that the King of Pop?

Nope thats senior popcorn meme guy, they do look quite alike though.

Graywolfe
04-12-2015, 11:10 AM

Absolutely Belle and I hardly ever even glance at area or zone chat anymore either. I have lots of fun with my friends and thats what its all about. :D

nofreebe
04-12-2015, 11:22 AM
you're the bad guy because you played Defiance and I'm the bad guy because Defiance played me.