PDA

View Full Version : Right way and a wrong way

JOCCO5150
04-12-2015, 07:11 PM
I was at a hulker hell earlier and some of you were there too I seen in chat. We did a great job. Got it done in like 8 minutes. That was the right way. One hulker at a time. I was at a hulker hell just a little before this one and some of you were there also. I came in late at about the 20 minute mark and called some of my friends in so we could clean the mess up that the people that were there before us made. I think not 1 hulker was dead when I got there and it took another 10 minutes to get things under control once the people who knew what they were doing got there. That was the wrong way to do things.
Well my point is, there is a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things. And it is so much better when things are done the right way. So why don't more people try to do things right? Instead of arguing when the right way of doing things is explained. I know it's a game, but I know I have more fun when everything goes the way I plan. I don't know, I'm just ranting I guess. I am just thinking about the upcoming expeditions, and I want to get good gear. I know that people will have to do things the right way if they want to get a good rig and chips. So I guess I'll be looking to team up with some people that are gonna do things the right way. Rant over. Thanks for reading.

PTR47
04-12-2015, 07:20 PM
At least you can finish them. I am critted out 19 times out of 20 on the major. I need to do only the minors if I want to have a chance at completing the thing. If I come in late, I usually try to run away after I get some points (I'll turn at the outskirt to clean up anything I'm kiting, if required).

Haruchai
04-12-2015, 07:34 PM
I was at a hulker hell earlier and some of you were there too I seen in chat. We did a great job. Got it done in like 8 minutes. That was the right way. One hulker at a time. I was at a hulker hell just a little before this one and some of you were there also. I came in late at about the 20 minute mark and called some of my friends in so we could clean the mess up that the people that were there before us made. I think not 1 hulker was dead when I got there and it took another 10 minutes to get things under control once the people who knew what they were doing got there. That was the wrong way to do things.
Well my point is, there is a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things. And it is so much better when things are done the right way. So why don't more people try to do things right? Instead of arguing when the right way of doing things is explained. I know it's a game, but I know I have more fun when everything goes the way I plan. I don't know, I'm just ranting I guess. I am just thinking about the upcoming expeditions, and I want to get good gear. I know that people will have to do things the right way if they want to get a good rig and chips. So I guess I'll be looking to team up with some people that are gonna do things the right way. Rant over. Thanks for reading.

Firstly, I understand your frustration (annoying when people say that isnt it), I really do. But you have made a mistake when you start talking about right and wrong ways. Perhaps you should have talked about a better way instead.

What you are descibing is an efficient way but that doesnt necessarily mean its right. Don't get me wrong, I too agree with the strategy you described but still it doesn't make it right.

The main thing to remember when playing a MMO is that you are going to be playing with different people with different skill levels, attention spans, time constraints, ages, social skills, hardware components etc and most importantly different ideas of what is fun. The last one being the main difference between most players.

Your idea of fun may be completing an event it the quickest most efficient manner while others may prefer getting out there with their mates shooting stuff randomly while laughing with their mates, who is right? They both are.

Part of the problem with playing with other people is that you have to play with other people. Also its accepting that what is right for you may not be right for others.

Play the way you want to play but remember that others have the right to play as they want to play. I agree it cam be frustrating when you feel it could be done better but from my personal point of view it would be awfully boring if we all did the same thing and we were all perfect at it. Chaos can be fun and interesting when you just give yourself over to it.

I like mixing with other players and the roller coaster that is playing with a bunch of other people and the variety they bring.

KingNephilim
04-12-2015, 07:39 PM
I was at a hulker hell earlier and some of you were there too I seen in chat. We did a great job. Got it done in like 8 minutes. That was the right way.

I was at this arkfall as well, obviously. Definately a clean, well executed completion.
I have been to many though, where there were more than enough people... but most of them were on the floor & the hulkers are rampaging wildly. I've been to even more where the last hulker is down the street & around the corner because it took off running after some idiot who had no strategic sense.
Between this & the constant deaths I've seen from some people in regular expert co-ops... I'm very concerned & wary about doing any expeditions with certain indiviuals.

Claydough
04-12-2015, 07:44 PM
I think youll find score whoring is the bigger issue here.

Infectors and bmgs just have such terrible damage that you are effectively not doing a thing shooting at hulkers with these things

Tex_Arcana
04-12-2015, 07:46 PM
... I'm very concerned & wary about doing any expeditions with certain indiviuals.
Because Alcatraz is dark.And full of terrors...

KingNephilim
04-12-2015, 07:59 PM

Is it? I dunno if I agree with that. I think some people score wh*re on purpose & with elegance... while some really don't know better. The latter are the same people using infectors & RL's in WM, believing they are the reason the monkey was taken down.

I score wh*re as well, when I can... *blush*
But I use a Plate Slicer BMG, making sure to rip the plates off of multiple enemies at one time, to the benefit of anyone doing the real damage, & I never use it to heal, because that kind of healing is useless.
However, when I realize the arkfall is taking a turn for the worst & we're in jeopardy of failing, I whip out my High DPS loadout weapons & go to work. Score means nothing if we lose.

I think knowing the difference is the real issue.

PTR47
04-12-2015, 08:01 PM

Not if your weapons are critting out other players.

JOCCO5150
04-12-2015, 08:03 PM

Exactly. But try getting them to listen.

JOCCO5150
04-12-2015, 08:05 PM
Not if your weapons are critting out other players.

Actually I really only crit out when protected, sometimes when healed. There is a big difference in fx

PTR47
04-12-2015, 08:08 PM
Actually I really only crit out when protected, sometimes when healed. There is a big difference in fx

Seriously, I'm critting out 19 times out of 20 when trying the majors. At this point, I'm trying to kite mobs away and solo them. I don't know what else to do.

Just finished an SS arkfall in SV, and I dragged out a Viscera to finish him up on the hill and sure enough, a BMG and CF followed. WHY? I'm at a loss. I tried my best to stay behind the BMGer so the Viscera would shoot at him, but I didn't manage to get him kllled. Once I had some points I left.

Darien
04-13-2015, 12:54 AM

You did not use paragraphs. There is a right way and a wrong way.

JOCCO5150
04-13-2015, 12:57 AM

Do you use paragraphs when you rant about something?

Tex_Arcana
04-13-2015, 01:02 AM
All caps is more effective in making sure no one will read it. But a wall of text is fine for writing something that will be generally ignored.

Darien
04-13-2015, 01:16 AM

Yes. Feel free to search my posts.

crazyged
04-13-2015, 02:31 AM
That'snothing.Idon'tusespaceswhenIrant.

Gaasden
04-13-2015, 02:42 AM
sometimes people doin things the wrong way are actually helping, im using a bio/fire precious and spam it all over the field and swap to wolfman, all the map is on fire, all the map has no armor.

Also in wm, i believe few noobs shootin at the monkey up front will help the group to get behind it.

r1p
04-13-2015, 08:23 AM

You are a Grammar ****. There is a right way and a wrong way.

Well, maybe not a right way but it can be constructive if applied judiciously. What JL posted may not have been Faulkner but it was coherent, utilized both capitalization and punctuation, and was not overly long. Given the sheer amount of incoherent dreck that is posted on the forums on a daily basis your choice to criticize the OP just comes across as snarky.

JOCCO5150
04-13-2015, 08:56 AM

Well, maybe not a right way but it can be constructive if applied judiciously. What JL posted may not have been Faulkner but it was coherent, utilized both capitalization and punctuation, and was not overly long. Given the sheer amount of incoherent dreck that is posted on the forums on a daily basis your choice to criticize the OP just comes across as snarky.

Thanks r1p

Bonehead
04-13-2015, 09:11 AM

+250 internet bonus points for using "incoherent dreck" in a coherent post.

r1p
04-13-2015, 09:18 AM
+250 internet bonus points for using "incoherent dreck" in a coherent post.

Thanks! Unfortunately for me internet bonus points are about as useful as ark salvage. ;)

Axelle Axe
04-13-2015, 09:21 AM
I've been to major HH with 12 minutes left and there's about 10 hulkers running around, people were on the ground. I called my friends for help and we defeated the hulkers... For me some people listen when u explain to them properly what should be done. Good morning!!! ;)

Tex_Arcana
04-13-2015, 09:45 AM
Thanks r1p

He didn't help you save face.
Just an FYI.

r1p
04-13-2015, 09:58 AM
I've been to major HH with 12 minutes left and there's about 10 hulkers running around, people were on the ground. I called my friends for help and we defeated the hulkers... For me some people listen when u explain to them properly what should be done. Good morning!!! ;)

What you say is true but unfortunately people have to be willing to listen. I've shown up to several of these that were already in this condition, including the one that JL is referring to, and it seems that a lot of them just don't care. Several times I have shown up after one has already been overrun and no matter how many times I post in chat that they need to extract because there aren't enough people left to revive them they still lay there until the extract timer expires. Basically what you end up with is a small handful of people running for their lives until the extract timers expire and everyone shows back up. Educating players afterwards is useless as well because as soon as it ends they immediately tp to another server for the next major and aren't around to listen anyway.

Now don't get me wrong this doesn't happen all that often and when it does it is usually on Hulker or Solstice majors in the Mt Tam/Madera area which tend to draw lower ego players. During the major that JL mentioned I extracted 4 times because there were so few of us that were still mobile. After every extraction I came back and would see the same players in the same spot still waiting to be revived and not all of them were low ego players.

r1p
04-13-2015, 10:00 AM
Just an FYI.

What part of what he posted required him to save face? Are we having a petty party today, because apparently my invitation got lost in the mail?

Darien
04-13-2015, 10:05 AM

First of all, proper formatting is not what grammar is.

Second, and more importantly, regardless of how valid his point may or may not have been, I did not read it because wall of text crit me for 45827394523498. You cannot make a valid point if the way you attempted to convey it caused people to not listen/read.

I came here because the title was interesting then left because the content hurt my eyes.

Belle Starr
04-13-2015, 10:08 AM

You used the word "I" at least 18 times, and I think that's the point! Not everybody likes to play a game the same way! You can suggest, but you cannot order! Not all Hulker Hells are going to go exactly the way you want them, as it depends on the variety of people there, and variety is the spice of life! Personally, I LIKE the challenge that variety brings, and that is SO much better than it always going the same way all the time! That's boring to me! :)

r1p
04-13-2015, 10:33 AM
First of all, proper formatting is not what grammar is.

Second, and more importantly, regardless of how valid his point may or may not have been, I did not read it because wall of text crit me for 45827394523498. You cannot make a valid point if the way you attempted to convey it caused people to not listen/read.

I came here because the title was interesting then left because the content hurt my eyes.

Wall of text? On my computer screen it amounts to 13 lines. Granted, that number of lines will vary due to numerous factors including screen and font size but it is hardly War and Peace and is a fairly typical length for a paragraph in a typical novel.

Second and less importantly: while it is obvious that "proper formatting" is not what grammar is, capitalization and punctuation are part of the linguistic rules that define proper grammar.

I would like to leave with one final comment. I have had access to the internet for over 20 years and yet I am always stupefied by the fact that I always break the number one rule with regards to posting in forums. I guess I must just have weakness for starving animals.

Tex_Arcana
04-13-2015, 11:40 AM
Wallvof text is a wall of text.

Burned In Effigy
04-13-2015, 11:53 AM
I haven't had a failed event since the beginning. Axelle is right on as well. I show up and just pound hulker with my Beez and 3x crit Reck. I usually end up scoring 30k+ in a very shirt amount of time.

anthonybgtn7
04-13-2015, 11:54 AM
I use my pl8 slicer bmg to heal 90% of the time when I'm at these majors so that other players may shoot the hulkers

Alastar
04-13-2015, 01:53 PM
My solution, run up and shoot 1 bullet then walk off and wait for it to finish. Let the BMGs carry me for once. Bahahaha. Imagine e if everyone who actually ensured events completed let the BMGs carry them. Probably wouldn't see a bunch of BMGs for much longer. :cool:

DeMoNofDEATH
04-13-2015, 03:06 PM
I haven't had a failed event since the beginning. Axelle is right on as well. I show up and just pound hulker with my Beez and 3x crit Reck. I usually end up scoring 30k+ in a very shirt amount of time.

I Saw a failed Hulker Hell, I showed up for the last 12 seconds... utterly disgusting.... had I been there for at least 30 seconds GUARENTEED me and my DUSTER would have cleaned up for sure ;)

<<<<SARCASM>>>>

YES! I AM FULL OF MYSELF!

Get it? CLEAN up with my DUSTER? .....No? you guys dont understand a GOOD CLEAN JOKE.

DeMoNofDEATH
04-13-2015, 03:09 PM
My solution, run up and shoot 1 bullet then walk off and wait for it to finish. Let the BMGs carry me for once. Bahahaha. Imagine e if everyone who actually ensured events completed let the BMGs carry them. Probably wouldn't see a bunch of BMGs for much longer. :cool:

You are my Role model. And my HERO.

( Cue Enrique Inglesias.....NOW)

DeMoNofDEATH
04-13-2015, 03:13 PM
i use my pl8 slicer bmg to heal 90% of the time when i'm at these majors so that other players may shoot the hulkers

use loadout ghost duster and plate slicer stingray to get high score in major events.

Follow this procedure to score oare: (the "W" is silent in forums)

Shoot shoot shoot, heal heal heal, shoot shoot shoot, heal heal heal, shoot shoot shoot, heal heal heal

revive, revive,revive, shoot, shoot, shoot, get ammo, shoot, shoot, heal, heal, heal, shoot, throw a grenade,

shoot, shoot, shoot, heal, heal, ( repeat as required)

(smoke a green cigarette to increase your focus prior to event)

JOCCO5150
04-13-2015, 03:16 PM
Just an FYI.

IneverlostfaceinthefirstplaceIdon.tevenknowyousowh ywouldIcarewhatyouthinkanyway

mr8liner
04-13-2015, 06:11 PM

Infectors and bmgs just have such terrible damage that you are effectively not doing a thing shooting at hulkers with these things

I would disagree with you on that statement 100%. I have a tele spanner that links to 4 enemies. The first enemy gets around 3-4k dam and the other three are less. even at worst case the other 3 doing only 1k dam, that is still 6-7k dam per tick min.

One thing you have to understand as well. If the rewards were better for doing these arkfalls people wouldn't be doing your so called " score whoring". I use them the whole time. If I am only going to get 2 blues , then I might as well get high points and get more keycodes and ark forge then the people using boomers, smg's, lmg's, ar's lag fighter ect. ect.

just because you do not like a weapon that someone else uses, doesn't make that said weapon junk....

mr8liner
04-13-2015, 06:14 PM

so you alone finish arkfalls? well guess what even if and arkfall doesn't finish, you stille get keys and ark forge, oh wait you wouldn't get any of that.

So who really cares if they finish or not... BMG users will still get their goodies

Ray8888
04-13-2015, 06:35 PM
So who really cares if they finish or not... BMG users will still get their goodies

Im just gonna let you think about what you said for a minute.

JOCCO5150
04-13-2015, 06:39 PM
so you alone finish arkfalls? well guess what even if and arkfall doesn't finish, you stille get keys and ark forge, oh wait you wouldn't get any of that.

No scoreboard, no goodies

konstantinov
04-13-2015, 06:49 PM
I cared about the leaderboards once, then they did away with the damage based scoreboard.

JOCCO5150
04-13-2015, 07:00 PM
I cared about the leaderboards once, then they did away with the damage based scoreboard.

They need to bring it back

konstantinov
04-13-2015, 07:01 PM

Too much griefing but it'd put some of these guys in their place real quick.

PTR47
04-13-2015, 10:11 PM

I'm cool with that once they fix their game. But that seems unlikely.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-13-2015, 11:12 PM

I have loathed bmgs and infectors since launch april 4th 2013. I had fun with my sporeshot in early levels. But theyre only good for score boosting.

I have recently just started using a feaster and another infector on my alt for the fact that im running out of AF and feel the need to score top 5 now for that extra ArkForge. Especially since ill be needing to level my weekly gifts soon. I spend tons of money on bits in the cash shop. Im always dropping 50$ everytime i turn around on bits. But i refuse to buy arkforge caches when its easy enough to get it in game.

I always used lmgs and smgs since launch at arkfalls. I remember the days id always be top 5 handsdown no contest when we had the damaged based scoring system. I miss those days. Yes i know scoring high means literally nothing with rng drops. But it does help a bit with arkforge rewards and keys nowadays. And now that im out of AF, its enough to make me use that infector. I also buy patron passes so my weekly and daily arkhunter rewards from claims give me 11 AF for daily, and 51 AF for weekly. It helps.

Havent touched one in almost 2 years. Just started a few days ago, i literally was at Level 1 for infectors 4 days ago. 2 years after launch and still at Level 1. Thats how much i loathe them. (My bmg level will always be level1) as i HATE bmgs. Lol. .............id like to add that i DO NOT use infectors that spawn bugs (ive been guilty once or twice at minors) but will not at majors or anytime theres an influx of players. I dont want to add to the lag and help crit the event, so NO bugs. NO bmg beams ever. And NO crimefighters(old).

I will admit that i have fun with ground pounders in sieges(i plead guilty) lol. But they too are very hard on the servers. Anyway i stay away from all those during events like this where theres weekly and daily contracts detrimental to our weekly gifts. The past 4 events its been hard enough NOT critting out 9x out of ten at the last phase of majors. Grrrr.

Ive started using another account on a second ps3. When i find a major, ill teleport to my main accounts toon and wait on the outskirts far enough away from the event that i dont get killed. Then if i get dc'd during the major, i just sign back in, and port to my other guy right back to the event and proper server. Started doing this because i never signed back in to the same server after a dc. Now ive fixed that issue. Of course it doesnt help when the whole server goes down and both get signed out, lol.

Usually what ill do is hit them with a full clip from the infector, then pull out my thorny rose to quickly take thier shields off, or vice versa. Ive gone from 21st place to top ten most of the time now at majors. And its helped alot AF wise.

I usually like to run with a thorny rose and golden ring, or a thorny rose and dc12 drummer. Before the rose i always ran with a pulser. (Not tachmag as they run through ammo too quick) they fire too fast for my liking and i hate using ammo perks when i can have others in the slots. Im not going to stand around and just spam an infector the whole time. Ppl can deny it but it does take a while to take em down that way. Infectors dont really damage shields ive noticed...... but using it in combo with a high dps weapon will get you some extra forge and keep you to move the event along. Unlike the bmg healers who are convinced theyre helping.

Ive also grown very fond of the dc6 laying goose the past week. Got it back in december and just found its glory,lol. That things a beast for mobs and hulkers.

I got another thorny rose for my gift last week and its the only weapon that isnt donned with the MK II designation of all my gifts this event. Ive gotten 11 gifts so far and all have been correctly marked with the MK II except the thorny rose......... anyone else get a thorny without the MK II mark???

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-13-2015, 11:24 PM

Same here man. Amen. The best scoring system was the damaged based. Those days it was fun to score top 5. Now its just terrible. You literally have to NOT BE an effective killer to score high now.

I dont think that a shooter should put the most effective killers in last place. And thats what teamwork based scoring does. :(

The sad thing is that damaged based scoring literally will not work anymore after defiance 2.0 went live. It would always favor ego5k+ players with the best gear now if it went back. No one else would have a chance now that all gear scales with ego.

They need to do something though. Ive been thinking about an accuracy based scoring system maybe. Some formulation of ammo fired/percentage that hits/and bonus for critically placed shots. That way it would reward ppl for bieng good and effective without bringing ego levels or weapon damage into it. Scaling wont matter. Even if they work it into a combo of teamwork based and what ive suggested itd put the teamwork guys on a level playing field with the damage guys. Even out the playing field so you dont have to use an infector or bmg and be hated to score high. Lol

Duke_Shambles
04-14-2015, 01:46 AM
I don't think there can be a right or wrong way to do a Major Ark Fall as long as you complete it. The only wrong way is to have too few people and lose because no one showed up. I personally think it's fun and more challenging when there's ten hulkers running around that have been sippin' on that go-go juice at blood bath than when you just instakill them one at a time. That's just me though, i'm sure others share your opinion.

Big Jack Shepard
04-14-2015, 01:53 AM
Sorry, didn't read the thread so, this has probably been mentioned. If doing the arkfall the "wrong" way makes it take longer then, isn't that longer arkfall going to allow more players to get to it? Thats a good thing, right?

Telemachus
04-14-2015, 02:35 AM
I really dislike Faulkner.

Had to mention that, I don't get many chances to do that.

Telemachus
04-14-2015, 02:40 AM
I use my pl8 slicer bmg to heal 90% of the time when I'm at these majors so that other players may shoot the hulkers

If you actually did an average level of damage... maybe they wouldn't need healing . Because the npcs would be dead earlier ?

Then you wouldn't feel the need to justify your use of that score inflating weapon ? if you were actually being useful ?

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-14-2015, 02:51 AM
Sorry, didn't read the thread so, this has probably been mentioned. If doing the arkfall the "wrong" way makes it take longer then, isn't that longer arkfall going to allow more players to get to it? Thats a good thing, right?

If arkfalls didnt have timers and didnt tend to crit the server when drawn out with bmg use ......then maybe itd be fine. But this is not the case

Ray8888
04-14-2015, 05:53 AM

Lol Thanks!