PDA

View Full Version : Alcatraz Update is Live!

Scapes
04-14-2015, 12:28 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/04/36-alcatraz_blog.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/04/14/alcatraz-update-is-live)

Welcome to Alcatraz, ark hunters. Are you ready to save the world?

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/04/14/alcatraz-update-is-live)

Dixie Cougar
04-14-2015, 01:24 PM
Congrats on the launch.

voidwarlocker
04-14-2015, 01:27 PM
Woohoo downloading and redeeming now. Been pumped for this all week! Took a vacation day for this lol. Don't judge me! ;)

PithHelmetIrath
04-14-2015, 02:41 PM
LOL what launch? Not on my Xbox..

"Error. Patch aborted."

My guess?? If the only remedy is to delete and re-install this game again for the 4th+ time, it's game over..

mystickaldj
04-14-2015, 03:06 PM
im running expeditions but keep lagging out once every expedition level

Cryptic Effect
04-14-2015, 05:52 PM
Same thing is happening to me. I know I won't be doing anymore expeditions until they fix the issues with getting timed out.

nathanpbutler
04-14-2015, 09:50 PM
So, for those who have tried Expeditions and gotten disconnected: are you losing your Hunter Requisition that you spent?

I would assume so, which begs the question to the devs:

What process (if any) exists to make sure that those getting disconnected mid-Expedition are not losing the Hunter Requisition they spent to enter the Expedition and/or any that they used prior to getting disconnected?

Or are those who get disconnected during an Expedition just SOL?

NullWolf
04-14-2015, 10:58 PM
The bit ads on the loading screens are one thing but putting them on the rewards screen just turns the whole thing into a cluttered mess

nathanpbutler
04-14-2015, 11:03 PM
And apparently Alcatraz has introduced a MAJOR hard freeze bug into the PS3 version of the game. Try moving rightward from Inventory to Cyber Rigs with R1 or leftward from Salvage Matrix to loadouts with L1. In my case, it now hard freezes my console absolutely every time.

I'm done until this is fixed. Surely this would have been actually tested on PS3 by Trion before it went live. How could something that obvious be missed if it was being tested, as it should be, on multiple PS3s before being declared ready?

Derailer
04-14-2015, 11:21 PM
Lost all but one of my hunter reqs with random disconnects today. How do I get those back?

Caiser
04-15-2015, 01:30 AM
Same here came in game frose got dc and no more hunter reqs so the only way to go on now is to buy them - what a joke tbh

MainStreet
04-15-2015, 02:23 AM
Anyone notice that with the new update, you can no longer retrieve mods if the weapon have mods in all 4 slots?

I'm seeing this on my Xbox version.

OriginalTomKat
04-15-2015, 03:43 AM
Well, it seems the servers are down for me in Southest US. Hopefully this will fix the bug I was having. I was NOT gaining xp\ego ever since the update. It remains to be seen if I still can. Others couldn't group up with me. My friends on PSN were showing me as offline on the game. I did not have a friends list in game. The bugs were horrible. The launch was a true disappointment. Even to the point of wanting to find a different game to be my main game. If it isn't fixed, guess I will have to be a Call of Duty fan again *sighs*

voidwarlocker
04-15-2015, 05:05 AM
Afraid I'm with you. This was hands down the worst patch/expansion experience I've had in gaming (on xbox360 anyways). So much is screwed up it's actually hard to compile just one list but here goes; the ui for cyber rigs is hideous and your can't even read the top. This was a large focus of the updates right? How could you miss how blaringly hideous its ui is? Don't get me started on expeditions. These were supposed to work right? You can't continue if you're lucky enough to make it through without dcing. I think it might actually be faster to let you know what still works. The ads. They work great. They're everywhere. Which feels insulting to those of us who have already dumped money into this game. I despise this model you've switched to. Just give me an option to spend 20 bucks and buy the new content. Don't repeatadly ask me to spend over and over for the same content that isnt worth anything currently because it doesn't operate well enough to be a nickel slot machine. Grenades, enemy damage scaling, general connection stability, ui, matchmaking and a long thought on whether or not you want to alienate, offend and lose a large portion of previously loyal happy gamers; that's what's on your plate to look at Trion. This update went over like a lead balloon. I expect to see damage control. Nothing short of a full roll back or major revamping will save this. Your current model marks the most disappointed I've ever been in gaming company I previously had respect for. And I survived TDB for petes sake. You're better than this Trion.

Fuzzy
04-15-2015, 05:23 AM
Anyone notice that with the new update, you can no longer retrieve mods if the weapon have mods in all 4 slots?

I'm seeing this on my Xbox version.

Is your inventory full? It's working fine on PC.

Cryptic Effect
04-15-2015, 06:05 AM
So, for those who have tried Expeditions and gotten disconnected: are you losing your Hunter Requisition that you spent?

I would assume so, which begs the question to the devs:

What process (if any) exists to make sure that those getting disconnected mid-Expedition are not losing the Hunter Requisition they spent to enter the Expedition and/or any that they used prior to getting disconnected?

Or are those who get disconnected during an Expedition just SOL?

I submitted a support ticket regarding losing all mine due to this happening and I didn't realize it was happening until the game told me I had no more hunter requisitions. The game wasn't telling me I had to spend 1 hunter req upon reentering but I am guessing it was still taking them.

I started with 6, 3 from starter kit and3 from my weekly bonus.

nathanpbutler
04-15-2015, 06:18 AM
I submitted a support ticket regarding losing all mine due to this happening and I didn't realize it was happening until the game told me I had no more hunter requisitions. The game wasn't telling me I had to spend 1 hunter req upon reentering but I am guessing it was still taking them.

I started with 6, 3 from starter kit and3 from my weekly bonus.

You had 3 from a weekly bonus? Did you not collect your weekly bonus until yesterday then?

nathanpbutler
04-15-2015, 06:22 AM
And I survived TDB for petes sake.

The Dark Below?

Cryptic Effect
04-15-2015, 08:39 AM
You had 3 from a weekly bonus? Did you not collect your weekly bonus until yesterday then?

yup that's what I did and most people I know, and just to get robbed of them anyway. :p

allen405
04-15-2015, 01:24 PM
I'm sorry but I don't care for Alcatraz at all. I thought it would be more episodes, but its nothing but co-ops and shadow stuff.

BREX101
04-15-2015, 01:51 PM
Anyone else hear the crickets, real quick to start a thread boasting about your latest greatest thing until it goes south? Imagine, it for a second, to go pick out the latest greatest Flat screen the day of the big Supper Bowl party, you bring it home, unpack it, mount it to the stand, hook it up , turn it on, and nothing???

The real problem in this world it our willingness to accept defective merc at every turn. I am just a old broke down VET born it the 70's so for most of you the concept of getting good or products which actually work when you purchase them may be hard for you to follow. Anyone remember windows 3.1? Work like a charm and given it limitations was the most stable of all the operating systems released by Megasoft to date. Then one day it became cool to release buggy applications, code, games whatever with the fail safe being well just download the patch fix and all is good.

One could say the very reason there is such thing in free to play is over the past few years many of us have felt the burn of a badly designed game. We can see this over and over if you look into the Gaming Industry, companies going under or getting merged with other labels. This happens mostly because those companies took no pride in the product they offered, get in, get some cash and get out before all the dominoes fall, anyone with a background in business knows this is a key concept in most models to include stock investments!!

You can debate expectations, F2P vs purchase orders, years of play, what ever the fact remains that everyone expects the services they use to work and when they don't its only human nature that kicking rocks will soon follow...

My take on it, the silence from the developers and associates of this game its an open admittance by them that they might not be a cool as they though they were, licking a wounded pride in the corner with a tear in there eye or if that take any pride in the product they are offering have all hand on deck fixing all the problems, in that case perhaps we should expect them to be silent here in the threads...

Time will tell, time will tell.....

voidwarlocker
04-16-2015, 11:11 AM
So upon waking today I logged onto the forums. I read my prior post regarding Alcatraz on this thread and realized I may have been a bit harsh. I still enjoy playing other aspects of this game. I do appreciate the rigs. The holiday events are still fun and epic feeling when they're not too bogged down. But my initial feeling of disappointment with this update still stands. I'm not mad Trion, just disappointed lol. Your primary features are bugged, practically broken altogether (an arguement for broken could win btw), expeditions list of bugs for xbox may be too extensive to list, our grenades are bugged or broken (which is HUGE when many of our weapon bonuses or setups are dependent on grenades), the ui for rigs on xbox at least is atrocious and the list continues. Now I know you're working diligently and know we appreciate it. But the question still exists; how could you push an update with such obvious and detrimental bugs and disfunction? Not mad, just disappointed. Congratulations on breaking ground on Season 3. You've made something truly special and in my opinion under appreciated in the gaming field. But this should have been a more proud day for you. I can't imagine this felt good and I wish you the best in all the upcoming work you have. I still have faith.

Thorax The Dark
04-16-2015, 06:06 PM
So upon waking today I logged onto the forums. I read my prior post regarding Alcatraz on this thread and realized I may have been a bit harsh. I still enjoy playing other aspects of this game. I do appreciate the rigs. The holiday events are still fun and epic feeling when they're not too bogged down. But my initial feeling of disappointment with this update still stands. I'm not mad Trion, just disappointed lol. Your primary features are bugged, practically broken altogether (an arguement for broken could win btw), expeditions list of bugs for xbox may be too extensive to list, our grenades are bugged or broken (which is HUGE when many of our weapon bonuses or setups are dependent on grenades), the ui for rigs on xbox at least is atrocious and the list continues. Now I know you're working diligently and know we appreciate it. But the question still exists; how could you push an update with such obvious and detrimental bugs and disfunction? Not mad, just disappointed. Congratulations on breaking ground on Season 3. You've made something truly special and in my opinion under appreciated in the gaming field. But this should have been a more proud day for you. I can't imagine this felt good and I wish you the best in all the upcoming work you have. I still have faith.

i think alot of people feel like this and this is a pretty good comment imo.

my opinion on this is these things are too hard to predict and bugs always crawl into new gardens. eventually they will be found, you never know whats going to happen when releasing patches for games like this. were all with you trion or we wouldnt even be writing on this site

TwistedEvil
04-17-2015, 10:39 AM
ffs stop with the 'we have no plans to port to ps4 and xjunk1', and start making a damn plan! Toss this pos constant crit crit freeze freeze disconnect disconnect that has happened since day one and make this game playable for more than 20 minutes.

Matsuri_Synapze777
04-18-2015, 12:02 AM
I can't wait to return...

lughsulian
04-27-2015, 07:45 PM
quite frankly ALCATRAZ SUCKS..

Diana Farnsworth
04-28-2015, 12:25 PM
I made several runs on alcatraz already and I am disapointed about the bad Level design.

1. - Why I always be alone at the expeditions? I thought its a group designed map? Why not the expeditions wait until 4 members are ready for game?
2. - There is only one ammuniation box at the beginning of each map, so you have to run back all the time when ammuniation runs low. Why not a second box placed at the middle?
3. - I thought the design of alcatraz is to get more and more stronger enemies as deeper you get into the Levels. But why the third map of the first run is so freaking hard that its nearly impossible to survive? Alone you dont have any chance to complete a alcatraz run. (and my Equipment isnt so bad...)

Dear game designer, you should revise the design of alcatraz Levels and then i am sure more Players will use that new feature.

bogeyman
05-24-2015, 02:02 PM
I made several runs on alcatraz already and I am disapointed about the bad Level design.

1. - Why I always be alone at the expeditions? I thought its a group designed map? Why not the expeditions wait until 4 members are ready for game?
2. - There is only one ammuniation box at the beginning of each map, so you have to run back all the time when ammuniation runs low. Why not a second box placed at the middle?
3. - I thought the design of alcatraz is to get more and more stronger enemies as deeper you get into the Levels. But why the third map of the first run is so freaking hard that its nearly impossible to survive? Alone you dont have any chance to complete a alcatraz run. (and my Equipment isnt so bad...)

Dear game designer, you should revise the design of alcatraz Levels and then i am sure more Players will use that new feature.
Looking forward to a response to these questions...

Grandpa Ace
05-25-2015, 07:46 AM
I'm truly sorry, but I must bring this up again.

**From the Expedition page, it states," Expedition Tier rating determines the power level and rank of the enemies you will face, as well as the quality of the gear you will discover in Expedition reward rooms (higher Tiers lead to greater potential rewards)."

From personal experience, and the experiences of my fellow clan mates that run these expeditions with me--this is BOLOGNA!!!!!!!!!
While we may not have made it as far as others, we have done well. However, without exception, the results are the same, viz., the higher we go, the WORSE the reward. Myself and several other have already earned our "In Bacon We Trust"--only to be totally dissatisfied with the rewards earned--what ever happened to the higher the placement, i.e., the place one finishes in, reaps the best reward. Finish first, get blues, finish last, WOW, get oranges... :( Totally unsatisfactory :(

TRION, let be give you a clue to good business--keep the customer (which is always right) happy. This is how you increase revenue, this is how you increase the number of Patron's Passes sold etc..

Keep your word (**), and we'll continue to play, and you'll continue to profit--break your word, and TRION will eventually have to pull the plug (which we know is inevitable) sooner that you yourselves, or your loyal players really want to see.

My two cents worth,
GPA

rawmelon
06-19-2015, 05:19 PM
I'm truly sorry, but I must bring this up again.

**From the Expedition page, it states," Expedition Tier rating determines the power level and rank of the enemies you will face, as well as the quality of the gear you will discover in Expedition reward rooms (higher Tiers lead to greater potential rewards)."

From personal experience, and the experiences of my fellow clan mates that run these expeditions with me--this is BOLOGNA!!!!!!!!!
While we may not have made it as far as others, we have done well. However, without exception, the results are the same, viz., the higher we go, the WORSE the reward. Myself and several other have already earned our "In Bacon We Trust"--only to be totally dissatisfied with the rewards earned--what ever happened to the higher the placement, i.e., the place one finishes in, reaps the best reward. Finish first, get blues, finish last, WOW, get oranges... :( Totally unsatisfactory :(

TRION, let be give you a clue to good business--keep the customer (which is always right) happy. This is how you increase revenue, this is how you increase the number of Patron's Passes sold etc..

Keep your word (**), and we'll continue to play, and you'll continue to profit--break your word, and TRION will eventually have to pull the plug (which we know is inevitable) sooner that you yourselves, or your loyal players really want to see.

My two cents worth,
GPA

Well goddam said.

unitdoc
06-23-2015, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I gave it a few runs. Ended up doing it with only one person a couple of times and then alone. More time dead than alive. Not worth it.

ryu5010
06-23-2015, 05:39 PM
I have to agree, with the major percentage of drops being stuff you can loot off enemies in open world and compound that with not getting proper credit for completing Expedition based contracts does kinda make doing them a waste of time.