PDA

View Full Version : purchasing

Spineshade
04-14-2015, 01:50 PM
So i am a f2p player obviously that's how I found out about the game. so now if I got to games top or any store that is selling still sealed copies of defiance, is it worth buying. I looked there is no collectors editions within 100 miles of me thru gamestop. but still can get normal copies. does the normal copies have anything codes of value at all?

tarmim
04-14-2015, 01:58 PM
Standard edition is cheapest and gives

+35 inventory space
+1000 arkforge
+2 loadout slots
+2 character slots
+25 keycode cap

CM Kiwibird
04-14-2015, 02:14 PM
This article may help you decide! (https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/articles/203374298-Defiance-Free-to-Play-Frequently-Asked-Questions) Paradise Patron subscription information is included here as well.

It's a shame you couldn't find a Collector's Edition, those have some great rewards!

MagnusRune Daltus
04-14-2015, 03:43 PM
try ebay as well, and amazon. might have 1 you can get cheep

CM Kiwibird
04-14-2015, 06:13 PM
Both are good suggestions, MagnusRune Daltus. I've seen good stuff pop up on there!

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-14-2015, 06:46 PM
I just bought my 4th ultimate gamestop edition from amazon. First i bought launch day, the other 3 came from amazon. Im a bit bummed tho as i bought an xbox one this time, and they sent me a ps3 one again. I can return it but they are out of xbox editions now on amazon. So its ebay only for xbox. They do still have collector editions o amazon for xbox. Otherwise they have ultimates for ps3 and pc still.

If anyone is willing to trade an ultimate edition code for xbox for a ps3 one im down. Lol

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-14-2015, 06:47 PM
Gamestop Ultimate Edition! amazon is the way to go,

Regular Collectors edition gives you:

hydra heavy weapon
Ark imfiltrator outfit
Vbi sentinal shield
7day scrip boost
7day xp boost
Lock box
Plus 5 inventory
Badlands drifter title
Stickers
Hellbug statue
Art book
Postcards for tv show and game
Soundtrack and bonus disc
Vbi contract lithograph
And the box is a hellbug holding crate.

Ultimate gamestop includes the collectors edition PLUS:

1200bits to spend in the cash shop(a bit less than 20$ worth)
The pale wars ronin title and hellbug combat cap.
A very high quality messenger bag worth 60$ alone.
And the box is giant.

I got an ultimate edition for pc off amazon 2 months ago for 29.99.
They had the ps3 ultimate edition for 19.99$ at xmas time. Its a bit more now. But you can still get an ultimate edition for round the same price as the season pass alone and it comes with it and all the extras. Well worth buying a new one off amazon.

Thats your best bet if you feel youll be sticking with defiance. The things that they stripped out of the f2p version(not even including season pass) would cost more to unlock than investing in this

Plus you get a 30day patron pass with these editions

And theyre not expensive. Last i checked ps3 was 19.99, pc was 29.99, and xbox was 49.99 on amazon.(now sold out)
I know ps3 went up as the collector edition is listed at that price now, Just keep checking amazon they pop up frequently for 50 bucks and well under. Hardly expensive for a game of this scope

JOCCO5150
04-14-2015, 06:53 PM
I just bought ultimate collectors edition off ebay for 29.99. Suppose to be here the 18th. I need the inv slots. Already have all dlc, but everything else you get was worth the 29.99

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-14-2015, 07:35 PM
I just bought ultimate collectors edition off ebay for 29.99. Suppose to be here the 18th. I need the inv slots. Already have all dlc, but everything else you get was worth the 29.99

Yeppers. The bag alone is worth more than 30$ (its a really sweet bag.) Lol, i bought my 2nd and 3rd just for those bags. My first one is showing some wear after 2 years :)

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag86/Cyripax_NeoPrime/Mobile%20Uploads/DEFiANCE/20150414_223217_zpsol1m4wpp.jpg (http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/Cyripax_NeoPrime/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DEFiANCE/20150414_223217_zpsol1m4wpp.jpg.html)

Graywolfe
04-14-2015, 07:59 PM
I go the Ultimate edition and loved it was about $30 and worth every bit. Now I have collectors edition but it is telling me I can not add it which sucks. I submited a ticket and I hope they can figure it out.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-14-2015, 08:42 PM
I go the Ultimate edition and loved it was about $30 and worth every bit. Now I have collectors edition but it is telling me I can not add it which sucks. I submited a ticket and I hope they can figure it out.

You cant stack the extras from different editions.

Example: if youve already redeemed an ultimate edition and gotten all the perks and such, you cannot just add a collectors edition code to get even more inventory slots and whatnot. You can only upgrade...ex) if you started with a regular edition, you CAN Stack an ultimate or collectors. But not the other way

Graywolfe
04-14-2015, 09:27 PM
That sucks cause there are posts on here telling everyone to just by a regular edition cheap and add it to get the extra slots, even the devs chimed in to say it would work.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-14-2015, 10:29 PM
That sucks cause there are posts on here telling everyone to just by a regular edition cheap and add it to get the extra slots, even the devs chimed in to say it would work.

Theure talking about f2p ppl upgrading to a paid regular edition. It jumps from 35 to 70 or 75

You can do that... and you go from regular to a CE or UE. But you cant stack the rewards from a collectors and ultimate. Youll get the season pass, 1200bits and title and hellbug cap. But the inventory and digital stuff is THE SAME for both editions other than what I mentioned. As the ultimate actually just comes with the collector edition. Basically if you have a collectors, the only in game stuff your missing from the ultimate is 1200bits, hellbug cap, pale wars r onin title, and season pass.