PDA

View Full Version : Q: Is there cloaking/invisibility in this game

Penguin
02-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Did not start paying attention to this game until today and the game looks interesting. However I simply want to ask if invisibility in this game in one way or another because if there is, It will definitely turn me away from buying it.
I have played enough games with it (killzone3, rift, gw2 etc) to know that nearly unbalance able in any sort of competitive game. In the live action trailers I saw someone teleport so if that's possible I wouldn't be surprised if invisibility was added. I know a closed beta just ended so if anyone who has played can answer, thanks ^^

Valethar
02-10-2013, 10:54 PM
I know a closed beta just ended so if anyone who has played can answer, thanks ^^

Are you seriously asking someone who was in beta to break the NDA?

LOL

Penguin
02-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Didnt think about that till after I posted it :X

sacrilege
02-10-2013, 11:00 PM
They have cloaking they show case it on one of there youtube dev video's at 2.43 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuBQea7i9BE

Escyos
02-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Yes. Cloak is one of the EGO abilities you can choose (you can use them all if you really want to, your not bound by "classes".) More info on abilities here: http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Environmental_Guardian_Online

DuoMaxwell007
02-10-2013, 11:25 PM
lol clocking turns you away from a game? cloaking doesnt make a person completely invisible.. i can see cloaed ppl in games just fine you just have to look harder... also your clock is gone the second you fire a shot so no on other than maybe a sniper would even use one and even then as a sniper if you need cloaking you suck at your job anyway lol

Super_Jagerman
02-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Also just don't play any PvP if cloaking is that bad for you.

Feast
02-10-2013, 11:43 PM
Shottgun cloak is better!!!!

Terra
02-11-2013, 12:00 AM
Well, one of the 4 confirmed abilities is cloak and it does turn you invisible. But the limitations of this ability are not known. Many games have cloak and things like shooting them in those game disrupts cloak, along with the standard attacking. Since this is not the first game that Trion has made with a stealth element I expect it will be pretty balanced.

But keep in mind that there are three other interesting abilities that can potentially counter cloak. I'm interested in the decoy ability in pvp, as I imagine it would be annoying to waste that cloak on the wrong target. :cool:

lPATT
02-11-2013, 12:02 AM
i feel like he trolling =P

Rokkrwolf
02-11-2013, 12:10 AM
All he had to do was read the FAQ it lists the 4 egos, or watch the EGO video on vonbachindustries.com or hell even watch any video concerning defiance lol

Dead_Phoenix
02-11-2013, 01:08 AM
short answer yes,
long answer yes but i cant tell you details sshh

Hope
02-11-2013, 01:44 AM
CLOAK

Cloak is an EGO Power that renders the host virtually invisible to the enemy. This state can be sustained for a limited duration and can be deactivated at any time. Any attack initiated by the host will also deactivate the effect. Additionally, any impact from enemy fire will momentarily interrupt the effect and reveal the host. A cooldown is applied whenever this power is deactivated no matter the cause. Continued upgrade of Cloak will reduce the cooldown of the power. In its highest ranks, Cloak triggers accelerated shield regeneration and can boost duration by slowing movement.

Plenty of info available on the main page (http://defiance.com/en/game/technology/ego/).

Huck
02-11-2013, 02:16 AM
Did not start paying attention to this game until today and the game looks interesting. However I simply want to ask if invisibility in this game in one way or another because if there is, It will definitely turn me away from buying it.
I have played enough games with it (killzone3, rift, gw2 etc) to know that nearly unbalance able in any sort of competitive game. In the live action trailers I saw someone teleport so if that's possible I wouldn't be surprised if invisibility was added. I know a closed beta just ended so if anyone who has played can answer, thanks ^^

duh, close beta. But, I'll break the NDA and risk not being able to play the game just to answer your question. Everything in the game is invisible. You just randomly stumble around on a black screen until you get echo location.

Then you can see all the people who can beat your *** in pvp because you suck at it.

Huck
02-11-2013, 02:25 AM
lol clocking turns you away from a game? cloaking doesnt make a person completely invisible.. i can see cloaed ppl in games just fine you just have to look harder... also your clock is gone the second you fire a shot so no on other than maybe a sniper would even use one and even then as a sniper if you need cloaking you suck at your job anyway lol

lol, i'll give you a medal if you can see a thief in wasrsong gulch in wow.

Valethar
02-11-2013, 04:20 AM
also your cloak is gone the second you fire a shot so no on other than maybe a sniper would even use one and even then as a sniper if you need cloaking you suck at your job anyway lol

Really? I dare you to walk up to any Ranger or SEAL that's used a ghillie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghillie_suit) and say that to their face. :D

DuoMaxwell007
02-11-2013, 06:12 AM
Really? I dare you to walk up to any Ranger or SEAL that's used a ghillie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghillie_suit) and say that to their face. :D

point being a sniper is so far away that unless you have the vision of Superman, by the time you see the sniper or know where he is hes already shot you or shot at you thus making a clock pointless for his/her job

DuoMaxwell007
02-11-2013, 06:14 AM
lol, i'll give you a medal if you can see a thief in wasrsong gulch in wow.

ever game ive seen with cloaking is 100% visible... kinda like those Predator movies Im always saying "sure hes see through but not invisible how do you people NOT see him" lol

Penguin
02-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the answers, didn't even know there was a wiki because like I said, just got interested in this game.
Even though the answer was yes its still hard not to be attracted to this game though ^^