PDA

View Full Version : Unable to patch new update

Horror Stories
04-14-2015, 06:16 PM
Before I started patching, I had 4 GB of space available on my flash drive that I only keep defiance on. After the first small part of the patch I restarted my xbox in another room to get a better connection to the wifi to download faster. When I start the patch back up, it says I can't download the patch because I need 4000 MB to do so. After I restarted my xbox I had only 3.2 GB left(which makes no sense because I didn't download 800 MB worth of anything). So now it seems like my defiance days are over since I have no way to get more space. The entire update is only ~500 MB, why do I need almost 4 GB to download that? Keep in mind that I have absolutely no way to get any more space for this game. I keep all my games on 16 GB flash drives since my xbox doesn't have on board memory. What am I supposed to do? I was actually only a few days away from quitting defiance anyways, I only want to log in so I can give all my gear and scrip(20 million) away to my friend.

YahootsMagoondi
04-14-2015, 06:39 PM
if you can't patch it up, just give your friend your email and password and let them patch up your character and poach everything. that's what i did with a friend that no longer plays. then you don't even have to worry about it. your friend just needs another friend or clanmate to swap everything. i have my kid help me on our other xbox.

Horror Stories
04-14-2015, 06:52 PM
Can you explain how to do that?

YahootsMagoondi
04-14-2015, 07:01 PM
your friend downloads your profile to his xbox using your email and password. as long as you aren't online he can log in to your character, which he will have to patch first, and trade all your inv to another friend and then back to his character. i have 2 xboxes, so my son signs in to one while i sign in to my friends profile and give him items and then i log back in on my profile and he gives them to me. my buddy left for destiny and never came back, so i raided his inv for all the good stuff and his scrip. also used up all his af and rep...he was done with it...lol.

Horror Stories
04-14-2015, 07:10 PM
I'll do that. It sucks that it came to this, but I have no way to get more space for the immediate future and I've been getting quite tired of Defiance anyways.