PDA

View Full Version : Now this is really f***ed!

Burned In Effigy
04-14-2015, 06:34 PM
So after,yes, 2.5 hours of patching ( I have the space) my psn decides to sign me out. OK, now, my patch disc somehow is now reloading/installing. Smh, so now on top of the 2plus hours I'm gonna wait to repatch its gonna be another 2plus hours to patch AGAIN.

If I haven't run screaming before, this certainly will.

Burned In Effigy
04-14-2015, 06:35 PM
Now it says 4.5hours to install.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-14-2015, 06:39 PM
Damn, on ps3? Only took me ten minutes if that.

Burned In Effigy
04-14-2015, 06:41 PM
Damn, on ps3? Only took me ten minutes if that.

Yeah its been since 4pm PST I started the patch its 630pm and all the sudden I'm signed out of psn. And yes I have 75% of my 80g unused so I have the room.

Burned In Effigy
04-14-2015, 06:43 PM
Lol patch jumped from 4.5hours to 11minutes and steadily climbing

PS. Ohhhhhhh great jumped back to an hour.

Pps. Ohhhhh hey Lookey here 1.5hours now yippee

Ppps. Oh f**k yeah it jumped to 1hr45minutes whoohoo.

Ray8888
04-14-2015, 06:45 PM
Now it says 4.5hours to install.

Wild guess but... Comcast?

Burned In Effigy
04-14-2015, 06:48 PM
Wild guess but... Comcast?

Nope AT&T. And they said they had faster innuhnet speeds than cumcatch and we have the top package. NOT!

Burned In Effigy
04-14-2015, 06:50 PM
Again I'll say it again. I call AT&T and they say no its Trion. Trion says its AT&T routers. I just feel like giving up but I'm a masochist at heart.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-14-2015, 06:58 PM
Just to be that guy.......... im on comcast,lol. And it took me ten minutes. Ive never had a problem with comcast. I did switch from atnt though. Atnt sucked ***. Speeds were terrible(they get worse if you have thier wireless cable boxes too as they use your net bandwith)

But comcast has always been good to me. I download 15gb games in less than half an hour ;) speeds are great.

And me having comcast has nothing to do with the fact that its "The Official Sponsored Internet provider of Defiance"

Have had em for years. Tried atnt last year and they were terrible, even with thier "better speeds they advertise" they sold off thier connecticut faction to frontier now anyway, so atnt is dead here now.

Comcast has shared speeds (not dedicated) and i still fare better with them. They just went full fibre in my area too so its getting better. Never had a problem with thier CS either as many do. I do live 2 miles from the server though. The comcast building is in my town.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-14-2015, 06:59 PM
But everyone i know with atnt prior said the speed stinks and they wish they never switched

It all depends on where you live, what lines theyre using (old copper, new fibre) how many times it bottlenecks from the ping to you...... it varies location to location.

Burned In Effigy
04-14-2015, 07:13 PM
Yeah AT&T service is great. Everything else sucks. Were going with Comcast as soon as we move into our home.

Burned In Effigy
04-14-2015, 07:14 PM
Dsmn my patch time keeps jumping from 1hr to 5hours in a matter of seconds WTF

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-14-2015, 07:17 PM
Dsmn my patch time keeps jumping from 1hr to 5hours in a matter of seconds WTF

Because like when transferring files on a computer it adjusts in realtime with the file sizes.
Its probably hitting several hundred smaller files when it jumps up. Or a downslop in bandwith

It takes longer to transfer 4gbs worth of 1mb files than it does to transfer 4gbs worth of 50mb files. And it adjusts as necessarry.

If your up to date the patch should only be 500mb though. According to Phantasie

Burned In Effigy
04-14-2015, 07:31 PM
Yeah when I logged onto psn it asked me to update the new software. I did.

Burned In Effigy
04-14-2015, 07:35 PM
Right now I'm looking at my ps3 and router as like the traffic in L.A.

Burned In Effigy
04-14-2015, 09:02 PM
Yay 2 hours left its already been 2 f***ing hours!

Ps. Just jumped to 3.5hours YAY

Burned In Effigy
04-14-2015, 10:03 PM
Been patching since 4pm PST its now 10pm

nathanpbutler
04-14-2015, 10:08 PM
Nope AT&T. And they said they had faster innuhnet speeds than cumcatch and we have the top package. NOT!

I started having a lot of trouble with AT&T Uverse wireless signals in the last few weeks. I finally picked up a Belkin AC1200 DB router. Turns out that the PS3 cannot handle AC connections, BUT I now have the Uverse piece of crap 2wire *and* the Belkin router running at the same time (the Belkin connected to the Uverse one with a cable). This has apparently shifted the transmission load enough that my PS3 can use the Uverse box's signal with better speed, while newer devices like my PS4 can connect faster with the Belkin router. The AT&T basic boxes are crap. They can't even handle N, let alone AC.

Niner82
04-14-2015, 10:52 PM
But everyone i know with atnt prior said the speed stinks and they wish they never switched

It all depends on where you live, what lines theyre using (old copper, new fibre) how many times it bottlenecks from the ping to you...... it varies location to location.
AT&T here, only took me ten minutes in BFE Oklahoma. I use the Wireless, but I'm on Xbox though too.

Burned In Effigy
04-14-2015, 11:04 PM
........buuuut now can't log in YAY for me

Burned In Effigy
04-14-2015, 11:05 PM
AT&T here, only took me ten minutes in BFE Oklahoma. I use the Wireless, but I'm on Xbox though too.

Oh I've done wireless (horrible) then wired (better but still horrible)

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 03:15 AM
i do just fine with atnt. i live less than 8000ft from att internet central office

Zulli jr
04-15-2015, 03:24 AM
I use Time Warner and play on a PC. I started it, watched an episode of Community. It was done when I got back. Just an fyi in case anyone else was having trouble with the patch.

Ray8888
04-15-2015, 05:33 AM
AT&T and it took less than a half hour last night with me two kids and the wife using the wifi. Used the Roku sitting on top of the Xbox while it was DLing too. And the boy was on Xbox live in his room too.
So yeah I had 5 connections going at some points during that half hour cause we ordered Chinse on my laptop too.