PDA

View Full Version : Does Alcatraz really worth bits?

Axelle Axe
04-14-2015, 07:07 PM
I went to expedition with my friends, after a while of fighting I need to use my self revive that requires me to use hunter requisition after less than 5 secs I froze! :mad: :mad::mad: So what's the point of spending money in bit store if I just gonna have hard freeze all the time? I am trying to join back but wouldn't let me!!! :mad::mad::mad: There should be an option to continue the expedition when hard freeze happened.

DeMoNofDEATH
04-14-2015, 07:38 PM
I wouldnt even bother till the "Hype" dies down

Alastar
04-14-2015, 08:07 PM
Don't spend money on hunter reqs. Its only going to bite you in the bum.

kirbys5957
04-14-2015, 08:28 PM
well Trion you screwed the pouch on this i have wasted enough money on this game to pay for life time access sorry but you lost player that been in the game sense beta paying with script would be ok but real money no frakin way

Kuroro
04-14-2015, 08:37 PM
it really sucks...now i cant be better than the people using ciber chips,or complete the daily contracts of factions...and i lost conection in 2 of 3 expeditions -_-

Axelle Axe
04-14-2015, 08:41 PM
and the hard freeze continues! I froze again! so mad! grrrrrrrrrrrr... ugh!!!

Nefarious
04-14-2015, 08:54 PM
Things are still new. Players, good ones are getting downed. Mainly because we are all new to these new enemy types. Raider Blasters shooting infector bugs and shizz.

And just ppls approach and set up will get better. So for now ppl might be hanging on the idea of needing Hunter Reqs just to get by, but after awhile ppl will have better load outs and work together better.

One thing ppl need to learn to do is not rush and stop to talk to each other. Make sure you have your self revives all charged. Repair your armor plates. Switch out grenades to full ones. Have everyone equip different grenades between Bio, Stun, and Shrill. And have a well rounded squad. Ideally imo there should be a main healer with BMG and all the revive perks with Armor Spike and support with Sludge Rocket/Corrupter Detonator and Incinerator Detonator/Bon Fire Rocket with Ammo Spike. And two shooters mainly equipped to just kill with Damage Spikes and whatever they want to equip.

Cloak comes real handy to be able to disable those nasty auto turrets.

This is just common approach stuff off the top of my head that I imagine players will soon do.

And they are going to have to because Expeditions are made for this. This is it. This is something finally made for the hardcore players.

Axelle Axe
04-14-2015, 09:07 PM
I do understand you Nefarious coz that's what we have done inside the expedition, we assigned who gonna do specific task but unfortunately when there is no server stability any plan can't be realized coz any of the group member/s could be booted out any time. Game should be fun not Frustrating! Just saying ;)

Oudane
04-14-2015, 10:54 PM
Don't use hunter requisition to self revive. Your basically playing arcade style at that point and being charged 50 cents a revive. You know pay to play more...goes right along with the shopping suggestions on every loadin screen, and every event score card screen like at the end of a major ark fall. This whole expansion/patch is just a giant playable ad.

I get they need to make heir money but now they are just beating you over the head with it.

outlaw828
04-14-2015, 10:58 PM
i hear you there i am not going to but self rez to play this game either, i kind of sucks because i bought all the DLC;s and now they expect us to pay to play no way Trion is getting a other dime from me.

NullWolf
04-14-2015, 11:01 PM
just you wait Oudane the next jackpot weapon is likely to be a weapon that shoots bit ads at the enemy.

Oudane
04-14-2015, 11:04 PM
Lol ...oh boy oh boy!

Lamar Kendrick
04-15-2015, 02:24 AM
just you wait Oudane the next jackpot weapon is likely to be a weapon that shoots bit ads at the enemy.

wahahaha good one xD

shoots with the sound effects "add to cart, add to cart"

Zulli jr
04-15-2015, 03:19 AM
I was just thinking something like this over the past week. In instances in other mmos you make a group with healer, tank and whatever. I've noticed that you might have someone healing with a spanner, but then they switch loadouts in the next room. I've done that, but that's just because of how the game is set up. It would be nice if people would pick a role and stick with it through an instance. I haven't done any of the expeditions yet, but from the comments, it seems like people are realizing how these things should be done.

Kuroro
04-15-2015, 03:24 AM
yeah expeditions are exactly like dungeons of a mmorpg,its difficult so you cant go killing as you want like before,now you need a plan,and tha plan is like a rpg...im pretty sure that i dont wanna be the tank using decoy or the healer with bmg xD

Midnight
04-15-2015, 03:48 AM
http://i61.tinypic.com/14tx4yx.jpg

Azimov
04-15-2015, 04:25 AM
Things are still new. Players, good ones are getting downed. Mainly because we are all new to these new enemy types. Raider Blasters shooting infector bugs and shizz.

And just ppls approach and set up will get better. So for now ppl might be hanging on the idea of needing Hunter Reqs just to get by, but after awhile ppl will have better load outs and work together better.

One thing ppl need to learn to do is not rush and stop to talk to each other. Make sure you have your self revives all charged. Repair your armor plates. Switch out grenades to full ones. Have everyone equip different grenades between Bio, Stun, and Shrill. And have a well rounded squad. Ideally imo there should be a main healer with BMG and all the revive perks with Armor Spike and support with Sludge Rocket/Corrupter Detonator and Incinerator Detonator/Bon Fire Rocket with Ammo Spike. And two shooters mainly equipped to just kill with Damage Spikes and whatever they want to equip.

Cloak comes real handy to be able to disable those nasty auto turrets.

This is just common approach stuff off the top of my head that I imagine players will soon do.

And they are going to have to because Expeditions are made for this. This is it. This is something finally made for the hardcore players.

Well said. We are used to powering through a lot of content. Expeditions requires thinking and communication/coordination. Yes it has some bugs, but those will be resolved.

ColapsN7
04-15-2015, 06:18 AM
http://i57.fastpic.ru/big/2015/0415/bb/b64f1d3ac80538d56b00c1bbfa0209bb.jpg

http://i48.fastpic.ru/big/2015/0415/00/6e2cb95f635328a46601ecc65ad6b800.jpg
Reward ( Not Paradise Patron Pass )
3 thing ( Chip Pullers ) ( Hunter Requisition ) *Daily | 5 thing ( Chip Pullers ) ( Hunter Requisition ) *Weekly
____
Вопрос к *RWC :confused: and ( LoCarb , PhantasieTrion , Rarnok , Rashere . *CT CM Kiwibird , Morgana . )

...N7 .

Axelle Axe
04-15-2015, 09:35 AM
After I froze, we started another expedition, in the beginning ( gate not open yet ) one of my friends disconnected then I froze again. So just only 2 players left in the map. We can't join them, the only way to rejoin the group is after they finish the map (return to Alcatraz ). The question is how do they gonna manage to defeat all the enemies in the expedition by just 2 players left? I tried to continue my expedition but I was just by myself in the map so I left... I do understand that there's always trial and error but defiance already have server stability issues even before this update. The funny thing is, we planned what to do, each member has specific role/s to do but unfortunately the freezing game continues! Good morning!

konstantinov
04-15-2015, 10:17 AM
Wait until armistice is over. People will leave again and make it more bearable.

Nefarious
04-15-2015, 12:54 PM
I don't like the idea of Hunter Reqs being used to revive.

To me it cheapens the difficulty of Expeditions and what they are made for. As long as you keep buying hunter reqs then dying is absolutely not a problem and you can continue on.

Like I bought 20 Hunter Reqs just to have a good amount to not worry about not being able to que up for matches. But to have 20 to use to keep bringing myself back to life, and indefinitely if I want to keep buying more just does the Content all wrong imo.

Of course like I said that ppl will eventually get better at Expeditions to make Hunter Reqs not as prevalent. But the whole thing is still there...

I have no problem with the idea of using Hunter Reqs to que up for Expeditions or also make private matches. But to use them to revive just doesn't feel right.

And then there is all the new Advertisements to put stuff in your cart. I understand having them on the load screens but on the score board to?? C'mon, we know the game has a bit store. You don't need to put in in our face all the time.

But at least they're to put items into your Cart before making confirmation on purchases.. Which the in-game lock box still doesn't have. All Bit purchases should be finalized in the Defiance Store.

Axelle Axe
04-15-2015, 02:02 PM
Well someday we gonna pay for the ammo too that shoot "buy this and buy that"... :p I hate that there's "add to cart" everywhere! so irritating!!

Duke_Shambles
04-15-2015, 04:14 PM
no, it's not worth it until the servers are stable enough to run them without constantly DC'ing on the first map. These things take too damn long without dealing with a DC at the boss 5 times.

Axelle Axe
04-15-2015, 06:09 PM
server stability is a problem ever since so until when we gonna wait? maybe they gonna do another patch, i hope so!

konstantinov
04-15-2015, 06:17 PM
server stability is a problem ever since so until when we gonna wait? maybe they gonna do another patch, i hope so!

It'll be loads better once the Armistice event ends.

Kobalobasileus
04-15-2015, 06:57 PM
I've never been a fan of "survival mode" in any game, which seems to be what Alcatraz is. Definitely won't be buying any HRs here, just hoarding the freebies.

Axelle Axe
04-15-2015, 08:07 PM
Just save your HRs for the reason that you're just gonna freeze during expedition and it will be a waste! The funny thing is when you equipped oj nades you can't pick no more, well coz there is a "consumable refill" in the bit store that cost 100 bits what a coincidence!!! lol

cyguy
04-16-2015, 02:55 AM
Every time they add something new, it takes quite a bit of time before the massive disconnects/freezing/glitches get worked out. It might be wise to wait for awhile until things get ironed out a tad more rather then jumping into expeditions and being horribly stressed out from being disconnected every 25 mins.

stefb42
04-16-2015, 03:09 AM
One thing I don't like, joining an expedition that's already started drops me right in the thick of the action, of course by the time my toon renders it's already dead and I need to use my self revive before I even get a chance to fire a shot or even move, I think a period of invincibility is required on entering a map and on reviving, just long enough for us to render, get our bearings and quickly move away from the danger zone we're getting dropped into

Telemachus
04-16-2015, 04:26 AM
Would you actually place the future of your game in the co-op err... the hands of players or other people ? To have them work together ...

Didn't you just add a kick option ?

This is not even talking about the new added features of the instabilities and bugs in the new Costly flawed limited content..

Hey, err.. can I bum a quarter or two ...really fast ... see I died playing asteroids/defendor, pacman or dragons quest( been awhile). I neeed it to continue from where I died last level or I have to restart it from the beginning again..

Personally I liked Robotron.

spudster
04-16-2015, 04:34 AM
I think there a lot of fun but only 3 a week seems to be a bit of a cash grab I think like 3 a day as part of your rewards would be at least a little better but I do understand them trying to make money off the game to so....

Fawks
04-16-2015, 05:21 AM
I think there a lot of fun but only 3 a week seems to be a bit of a cash grab I think like 3 a day as part of your rewards would be at least a little better but I do understand them trying to make money off the game to so....

exactly they should be apart of the daily, We get arkforge and Spikes daily why not HR?

ColapsN7
04-16-2015, 06:33 AM
exactly they should be apart of the daily, We get arkforge and Spikes daily why not HR?

Russian txt
( HR <<- *Hunter Requisition ) это вешь выдаетца при наличии *Paradise Patron Pass 15 day, 30 day, 60 day, 180 day.
Без Paradise Patron Pass не выдаетца ( HR <<- *Hunter Requisition ) .

...N7 .

Axelle Axe
04-16-2015, 10:42 AM
They should just make the expedition as a DLC so we can receive Alcatraz daily supplies.

ColapsN7
04-16-2015, 02:10 PM
http://i60.fastpic.ru/big/2015/0417/18/a26e6b212e370ccedbd04dd9b1f18818.jpg
Russian txt
Типер выдаеца за неделю +3 *без Paradise Patron Pass , для тех кто купил игру
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/store/ ( HR <<- *Hunter Requisition ) .
за день я незнаю ... .

Thank you very much TRION ;)

...N7 .

Axelle Axe
04-16-2015, 05:10 PM
Trion trying sooooooooooo hard to make money from expedition but the problem is who gonna spend money when every time you go to expedition you dc or freeze!

konstantinov
04-16-2015, 05:11 PM
Trion trying sooooooooooo hard to make money from expedition but the problem is who gonna spend money when every time you go to expedition you dc or freeze!

My personal recommendation is to reset after you finish a full instance (3 rounds).

Axelle Axe
04-16-2015, 05:13 PM
I was fresh in the server when I froze!

mr8liner
04-16-2015, 05:17 PM
Don't use hunter requisition to self revive. Your basically playing arcade style at that point and being charged 50 cents a revive. You know pay to play more...goes right along with the shopping suggestions on every loadin screen, and every event score card screen like at the end of a major ark fall. This whole expansion/patch is just a giant playable ad.

I get they need to make heir money but now they are just beating you over the head with it.

How do you figure that it costs $.50 to revive? On average 1 bit cost $.o1. I know right now there is no way to just buy HR's . To have a 90 day PP pass cost roughly $.22 cents a day. just not sure how you came up with that number

konstantinov
04-16-2015, 05:18 PM
I was fresh in the server when I froze!

Oy vey.....

Tyler Sunder
04-16-2015, 05:35 PM
3 hrs a week is fine for me, but tying it into weekly rep missions is totes uncool. Take this week for example, not only did I kill the 2 dudes and not get credit, but I'm forced to purchase more hrs when VB rep ties into gunslinger. Purchase a DLC just to have a cash grab prevent you from your weekly crate. Make a alcatraz rep vendor if you wanna mess with that stuff, play it out like 7th and dish out shards for rep like chimera/forge, but don't make people double pay.

Axelle Axe
04-16-2015, 08:54 PM
When I froze, I have no choice but to start from the beginning. I am willing to pay for HRs but I wanna make sure I will not be booted or have a hard freeze! ;)

ColapsN7
04-18-2015, 01:16 PM
Not be issued per one day :confused::confused::confused: (Hunter Requisition)

http://i57.fastpic.ru/big/2015/0419/b0/c690ec2f987278768491dabcc451dbb0.jpg

...N7 .

Stallonie
04-18-2015, 01:18 PM
Not be issued per one day :confused::confused::confused: (Hunter Requisition)

http://i57.fastpic.ru/big/2015/0419/b0/c690ec2f987278768491dabcc451dbb0.jpg

...N7 .

do you have patron pass active?

ColapsN7
04-18-2015, 01:28 PM
**do you have patron pass active? **

Not .

...N7 .

Alastar
04-18-2015, 02:16 PM
You have to have patron pass for the 1 daily.

Axelle Axe
04-18-2015, 05:08 PM
Expedition is just like a normal coop they just make the enemy harder! Trion should change the name from Expedition to Disconnection!

Ashlocke
04-23-2015, 09:23 AM
When this first rolled out and I saw how it worked I was rather annoyed. I said to myself, there's no way in heck that I'm going to pay to then be disconnected, hard locked, or kicked off a team by griefers, etc. (insert any number of really lame reasons that you can lose a hunter req)

But now, after taking a step back I realize something. This is such a horrendously bad idea the way it was implemented that once the hysteria calms down and the few whales stop feeding on the plankton, that corporate will take a look at the statistical aftermath of their "brilliant cash grab idea" and be forced to change it.

Or not.

But then I'm left with thoughts of, folks who consistently fail at their job don't tend to remain in said job for long.

So listen up whomever came up with the implementation of this idea, FIX IT! Your future depends upon it!
Do you want this to end up on your resume years from now! *shakes fist*
You have a choice, to be thought of as: "that guy" who came up with this, or "the savior" who fixed this train wreck and nipped it in the bud!

Or something like that. ;)

Axelle Axe
05-01-2015, 11:55 PM
I hate being reset and deducted it to my HR. Every time I was, I need to pay, why would I have to? It was NOT my fault, so why I have to pay!!!

Telemachus
05-02-2015, 01:52 AM
It isn't grrr.. it is apparently designed to be played.. not solo, that being said as a group.

Lovely, how all of the grouping options in this game , stink ?

I play at a certain time of day. It's not a group friendly time of day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is how to fix it for everyone I believe.

One HR gives your character a limited time pass .. not per account though per character, 6 hours would be ok, I guess.

---------------------------------------------------------

Only twice since the xpids have been inflicted on us, have I had a more than 3 non-solo experiences, was much like my test server wasted time. Just none are around, can't blame them either. Nobody there.

Never had a full group, only at most 3 other players. Some were very low ego level and then one or two downs ...and there out of there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW , this isn't an arcade game, no more temporary very temporary satisfaction ...leaching designed to drain us of a quarter at a time.

After we step back an take a look at the time versus=fun spent. Easy to just walk away after the after thought , though now .. we just delete.

Axelle Axe
05-02-2015, 10:43 AM
The problem is, I was in a group full of four people then I queued in, I was put in random group of people inside the expedition!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR

PithHelmetIrath
05-02-2015, 11:31 AM
BTW , this isn't an arcade game, no more temporary very temporary satisfaction ...leaching designed to drain us of a quarter at a time.

When they used the "arcade game/quarters" analogy on yesterday's live stream it did not sit right with me. There's a reason why you don't see arcades still open for business anymore..

Telemachus
05-03-2015, 02:02 AM
Didn't see the yesterdays or any live stream , just seemed to be the way it looked like.
\
Didn't know they talked about it like that, so... it's even worse than I thought.

Lithova
05-03-2015, 04:21 PM
No Expeditions is not worth the bits, too many bugs and too much stability issues. Keep in mind your friends, clan mates might not feel the same on wasting money to purchase hunter reqs to face up with RNG prizes at the end of each round. So 30 minutes of doing a run in Exp and you will most likely come out with rewards not really worth the time or money spent to play.

Also I agree the earlier post regarding the livestream comments from the Devs, that arcade reference set me off too, it shows the direction they want to go with Hunter reqs and Expeditions and the path they are leading this community onto. I asked repeatedly if they were going to implement a way for players to earn Hunter Reqs, Chip pullers. I didn't get a response. But I expected it as I assume they knew it would cause even more negative backlash.

pebcak
05-03-2015, 04:56 PM
No Expeditions is not worth the bits, too many bugs and too much stability issues. Keep in mind your friends, clan mates might not feel the same on wasting money to purchase hunter reqs to face up with RNG prizes at the end of each round. So 30 minutes of doing a run in Exp and you will most likely come out with rewards not really worth the time or money spent to play.

Also I agree the earlier post regarding the livestream comments from the Devs, that arcade reference set me off too, it shows the direction they want to go with Hunter reqs and Expeditions and the path they are leading this community onto. I asked repeatedly if they were going to implement a way for players to earn Hunter Reqs, Chip pullers. I didn't get a response. But I expected it as I assume they knew it would cause even more negative backlash.
I fully agree with this but im disapointed in gettin any responces from the staff. I also think its a waste of bits and req to do these.

cyguy
05-04-2015, 04:11 PM
It isn't grrr.. it is apparently designed to be played.. not solo, that being said as a group.

Lovely, how all of the grouping options in this game , stink ?

I play at a certain time of day. It's not a group friendly time of day.

I have to say I was running into the same issue for awhile. I either played extremely late at night, or a few hours in the middle of the day on my days off. Regardless of the times, I've only had one other person randomly join me for 1 out of the 6 expeditions I've done. I just figured people got bored with it fast or tried it and refused to touch them again. To be completely honest after doing a handful of them, there's not a whole lot of motivation to keep at it.

I still cling to my opinion that Alcatraz fell far short of anyone expectations....not that people had very high ones to begin with the trend of barely there DLC and extreme minimum of additional content that gets released once a year....

Still, maybe one day the suggestions board will be read and some of the great ideas thrown in there might actually be considered. Maybe....

pebcak
05-04-2015, 11:10 PM
I have to say I was running into the same issue for awhile. I either played extremely late at night, or a few hours in the middle of the day on my days off. Regardless of the times, I've only had one other person randomly join me for 1 out of the 6 expeditions I've done. I just figured people got bored with it fast or tried it and refused to touch them again. To be completely honest after doing a handful of them, there's not a whole lot of motivation to keep at it.

that's unlikely that they will listen to any suggestions here. But if im wrong ill be gland they finally started to listen to us.

I still cling to my opinion that Alcatraz fell far short of anyone expectations....not that people had very high ones to begin with the trend of barely there DLC and extreme minimum of additional content that gets released once a year....

Still, maybe one day the suggestions board will be read and some of the great ideas thrown in there might actually be considered. Maybe....

this is true. But im not expevting them to listen to us anytime soon unless it makes them money thats all Im seein they care about. I dont see them caring about the player base at all