PDA

View Full Version : What happened to pl8 slicer?

anemic crowd
04-15-2015, 01:11 AM
So yesterday all of my very expensive and awesome plate slicer weapons would slice through plates instantly way better than poopshoe nano. I download the patch and now my plate slicer weapons do almost no damage at all to plates and it is in fact worse than poopshoe nano making all of my once expensive and sought after plate slicer weapons essentially useless. Thanks Trion for really caring about your PAYING CUSTOMERS!!!

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 01:26 AM
i told yall so

anemic crowd
04-15-2015, 01:34 AM
This actually might be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me with this game....not the constant disconnects, lame pvp, abysmal OJ and JP drop rate, etc...I spent so much time getting the money and ark forge to get my pl8 weapons and now they have been nerfed....you couldn't have spent more time getting Alcatraz together? You just had to waste your time doing this, didn't you?

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 02:04 AM
i feel ya look what they did to the zagger

Chump Norris
04-15-2015, 02:09 AM
I guess its a good thing no one wanted to trade for my spare Bio PS Tachmag because they still rip plates.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 02:12 AM
not as fast as it use too

King Stud
04-15-2015, 02:13 AM
This actually might be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me with this game....not the constant disconnects, lame pvp, abysmal OJ and JP drop rate, etc...I spent so much time getting the money and ark forge to get my pl8 weapons and now they have been nerfed....you couldn't have spent more time getting Alcatraz together? You just had to waste your time doing this, didn't you?

i feel ya look what they did to the zagger

If you guys are going to gripe about this patch (which I wholehearted believe is awesome with the exception of stability problems), can you at least make an effort to stay updated and read the patch notes? Because if you did, you would have seen this one key line:"Fixed a bug causing the 2nd bonus on the Plate Slicer synergy (triggered +25% damage to armor) to persist longer than the 5 seconds stated in the description." The reason why non bio plate slicer weapons were able to tear apart plates rather quickly after a warm-up period was precisely because of this. This was neither intended nor helped the balance of the game. Having a synergy that would destroy plates faster than the bio nano itself makes bio obsolete, and virtually invalidates its purpose in game. The whole reason why your slicer weapons were destroying plates so fast before was because of a bug. Now that bug has been fixed.

SirServed
04-15-2015, 02:15 AM
* Fixed a bug causing the 2nd bonus on the Plate Slicer synergy (triggered +25% damage to armor) to persist longer than the 5 seconds stated in the description.

For those of you that are wondering why your Plate Slicer weapons were "nerfed", they were in fact broken all this time and have simply been fixed. People thought they were the greatest thing to happen to their career because they unknowingly stumbled across this bug daily.

Lamar Kendrick
04-15-2015, 02:16 AM
i need to test my 2x mag 3x crit PS bio mazu blast rifle later

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 02:18 AM
dude i know exactly what happen . i knew what was going to happen .thats why i have hundreds of guns. you cant just put all your eggs in one basket

EvilAg3nt
04-15-2015, 02:18 AM
funny you say that.
i noticed a lot of posts complaining about things or no instructions,and even how long it took to download the patch..
yet,if they had read the patch notes onscreen,its all right there.:p

Dreypa
04-15-2015, 02:20 AM
>people constantly griping about bugs
>bugs get fixed
>more excessive griping
>realize I don't have enough popcorn

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 02:24 AM
If you guys are going to gripe about this patch (which I wholehearted believe is awesome with the exception of stability problems), can you at least make an effort to stay updated and read the patch notes? Because if you did, you would have seen this one key line:"Fixed a bug causing the 2nd bonus on the Plate Slicer synergy (triggered +25% damage to armor) to persist longer than the 5 seconds stated in the description." The reason why non bio plate slicer weapons were able to tear apart plates rather quickly after a warm-up period was precisely because of this. This was neither intended nor helped the balance of the game. Having a synergy that would destroy plates faster than the bio nano itself makes bio obsolete, and virtually invalidates its purpose in game. The whole reason why your slicer weapons were destroying plates so fast before was because of a bug. Now that bug has been fixed.
i posted about this on here look at the date of the op
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?210109-Need-confirmation

anemic crowd
04-15-2015, 02:25 AM
Not once did I say anything about where this was stated as I am literate and can read...I am just saying they took a good bug and destroyed it rendering an entire synergy useless. This synergy is now worse off than any standard poopshoe weapon.

And as a paying customer I do have a right to gripe about this....

Soundtrack26
04-15-2015, 03:01 AM
...hmm so i should of sold my autumn scourge before patch? or will i still make scrip lol.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 03:03 AM
should have sold it

Midnight
04-15-2015, 03:06 AM
Plate Slicer was OP in some instances, now it is not...I think they need to bump the % on slot 1 of the synergy a bit to compensate though maybe to 15 or 20...or make the chance to reload 20 on slot 3...or both...I have 2 loadouts on my main dedicated to plate slicer weapons, it ain't the end of the world

duction
04-15-2015, 05:19 AM
Plate slicer got fixed, it was bugged.... If you activate it and swap guns it's bonus carried over to any gun in any instance too like pvp and was running plateslicer constantly, so you could have it activated and use a radiation nano gun essentially having bio and rad..

The Scrubs using this in pvp to one shot kill you won't be playing pvp anymore trololol.

Shrimkins
04-15-2015, 05:52 AM
PS is an odd synergy to begin with. I only found it useful with bio nano. Good thing it still works well with bio nano.

My autumn's scourge still rocks too.

TNT Shadowz
04-15-2015, 05:59 AM
This is perfect for Trion.
"There is a new enemy out there, an enemy that will render your arsenals useless, your armies powerless and your nations defenseless"

otonagamer
04-15-2015, 07:06 AM
I don't notice any change on my Blighter. What you need to do is to keep stripping enemy armor plates under 5 seconds successively. I'm glad Trion admitted the bug and fixed it.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 07:08 AM
Plate slicer got fixed, it was bugged.... If you activate it and swap guns it's bonus carried over to any gun in any instance too like pvp and was running plateslicer constantly, so you could have it activated and use a radiation nano gun essentially having bio and rad..

The Scrubs using this in pvp to one shot kill you won't be playing pvp anymore trololol.

yes things have changed in pvp :)

Niner82
04-15-2015, 10:30 AM
People wanted bugs fixed, careful what you wish for. The Trion fairy will fix it eventually :).

Thorax The Dark
04-15-2015, 10:53 AM
this is funny because so many people buying those bmgs now have a hole in their pocket lol

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 12:47 PM
People wanted bugs fixed, careful what you wish for. The Trion fairy will fix it eventually :).

im happy with the fix :)

Niner82
04-15-2015, 01:12 PM
im happy with the fix :)
Doesn't bother me either, I don't use pl8 that much.

Claydough
04-15-2015, 01:18 PM
The problem here isnt the fact the bug was fixed, its the fact the plate slicer is a **** synergy altogether.

Why give us is a worse version of what we have already?

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 01:25 PM
Doesn't bother me either, I don't use pl8 that much.

its working as intended meow

Kobalobasileus
04-15-2015, 06:36 PM
I don't notice any change on my Blighter. What you need to do is to keep stripping enemy armor plates under 5 seconds successively. I'm glad Trion admitted the bug and fixed it.

Same here. My Blighter and Turkeypoop Pump MkII still obliterate armor plates.