PDA

View Full Version : Ark hunters are dropping like flies

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 03:41 AM
alot of players just went up and quit the game. this is sad . you see what a bad idea pay to win is .

Dreypa
04-15-2015, 03:43 AM
"Less QQ More PEW PEW" "QQ I can't faceroll my keyboard anymore and win, this games so pay to win!"

Seriously though, anyone whos calling this game pay to win, never actually played a pay to win game.

Stallonie
04-15-2015, 03:45 AM
hi, i'm quite new to this game and i like the game :D even though i still hoping for aim sensitivity slider (for pc at least)

Kuroro
04-15-2015, 03:45 AM
they will miss me

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 03:46 AM
hi, i'm quite new to this game and i like the game :D even though i still hoping for aim sensitivity slider (for pc at least)

there is in game setting

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 03:46 AM
they will miss me

no they wont

Kuroro
04-15-2015, 03:48 AM
lol hey ********bringer,why the servers are down this time?i just tried to log in but i cant

Dreypa
04-15-2015, 03:49 AM
lol hey ********bringer,why the servers are down this time?i just tried to log in but i cant

They are patching a hotfix for the random disconnects during expeds

Kuroro
04-15-2015, 03:50 AM
They are patching a hotfix for the random disconnects during expeds

they should have patched it before i wasted 3 hunter reqs -_-

Dreypa
04-15-2015, 03:52 AM
they should have patched it before i wasted 3 hunter reqs -_-

Can't disagree with you there. I would assume they would give out a few reqs as compensation to everyone (or atleast should) ; if not I'm sure if you complain to there CS theyll reinstate your reqs.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 03:52 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?210836-ps3-na-server-still-down patch 3.01

Midnight
04-15-2015, 03:55 AM
alot of players just went up and quit the game. this is sad . you see what a bad idea pay to win is .

http://i62.tinypic.com/25yukjm.jpg

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 03:55 AM
"Less QQ More PEW PEW" "QQ I can't faceroll my keyboard anymore and win, this games so pay to win!"

Seriously though, anyone whos calling this game pay to win, never actually played a pay to win game.

i guess you never played before f2p ? the game just wants you to pay now

Stallonie
04-15-2015, 03:57 AM
there is in game setting

aim not normal firing (hip), aiming when you press rmb

Dreypa
04-15-2015, 03:58 AM
i guess you never played before f2p ? the game just wants you pay now

If that's your way of insinuating im a f2p player your wrong, yes I started after it went f2p. Mainly because I didn't consider trying the game until I watched the TV show a few months back. I also don't play one game exclusively. I don't mind supporting a f2p game that I enjoy playing.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 04:04 AM
thanks for letting us know

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 04:06 AM
If that's your way of insinuating im a f2p player your wrong, yes I started after it went f2p. Mainly because I didn't consider trying the game until I watched the TV show a few months back. I also don't play one game exclusively. I don't mind supporting a f2p game that I enjoy playing.

so how am i wrong , if you are f2p . by what you just said

SirServed
04-15-2015, 04:08 AM
Easy, F2Pers don't invest in the product. They do everything the game will allow them to do for free.

Dreypa
04-15-2015, 04:08 AM

F2p by definition is someone who never spent a dime on the game. Trion has some of my money in their bank account.

Stallonie
04-15-2015, 04:16 AM
F2p by definition is someone who never spent a dime on the game. Trion has some of my money in their bank account.

sry but your definition is totally stupid. you don't pay a dime to download the game (now) = free to play, paying is an option to support the devs, to feed their family, to pay servers, etc.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 04:17 AM
you started after f2p. your a f2p player . you said it yourself . you didnt have to spend that money to play. now you have to spend more more monies to play , pay to win

Dreypa
04-15-2015, 04:20 AM
you started after f2p. your a f2p player . you said it yourself . you didnt have to spend that money to play. now you have to spend more more monies to play , pay to win

Lol ok console peasant. Enjoy dem dere dc's.

When is the last time you spent any money on the game? Or you just mooching a 2 year old purchase?

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 04:22 AM
kk f2per enjoy

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 04:23 AM
kk f2per enjoy

when the event started

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 04:24 AM

When is the last time you spent any money on the game? Or you just mooching a 2 year old purchase?

when the event started i bought more slots for more guns and mods

SirServed
04-15-2015, 04:40 AM
sry but your definition is totally stupid. you don't pay a dime to download the game (now) = free to play, paying is an option to support the devs, to feed their family, to pay servers, etc.

By your definition, anyone that starts with a trial or beta tests without buying the product also played for free. In fact, I was an Alpha Tester for this game and received my copy of Defiance as a gift in 2013 when I joined Team Trion Worlds for Extra Life (I played Rift back then). I enjoyed playing the game so much that I invested in the Season Pass and other cosmetics. My alt account was started up during the Black Friday sale, I bought a copy of the game and the Season Pass. By your definition, I'm F2P. A more correct term to describe Drey would be a Season 2 Player. What sets players apart is whether or not they invest in the product at the end of the day.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 04:48 AM
me my buddies love it when a f2p players say he is a vet player . and i been playing since day 1. and bust em by looking on they re psn profiles is so funny

Mister Derpenhowser
04-15-2015, 04:58 AM
I started October 30th last year. Since then I bought the recruit pack, standard, collectors & ultimate edition, countless bitstore crates, a lot of outfits, a car.. inventory slots etc etc. I in no way count myself as f2p. I may have started after the point in which the game went f2p but I've paid plenty into this game.

Ray8888
04-15-2015, 05:07 AM

I think you may need a new hobby. You are taking this way too seriously.

Belle Starr
04-15-2015, 05:16 AM
The question shouldn't be how much he or she spent on the game, but on whether you are still having fun! I don't think ark hunters are dropping like flies (and I'm seeing it too) because of money but because they are no longer have fun with all the new changes! :(

To be honest, I'm not sure I am either, but I'm trying to give the changes a chance, and I've kept playing through the many changes to the game in the past that I initially didn't like! Like most people, I'm not fond of change, particularly in a game where I finally feel I have a "handle" on it, but I'll give the new changes a chance, but if I'm no longer having fun, I'm gone too! :confused:

konstantinov
04-15-2015, 05:23 AM

I define f2p players by their start date, not the amount of money they've spent.

duction
04-15-2015, 05:25 AM
I define f2p players by their start date, not the amount of money they've spent.

Ain't that the truth.

Mrdr
04-15-2015, 05:34 AM
when the event started i bought more slots for more guns and mods

But you didn't have to. You chose to. No one has to spend money to play. You can play everything in this game without spending a dime. I started this year so you'll probably think I want everything for free but no I actually bought the ultimate edition and plan on buying more slots soon too. I didn't have to. I could've continued on with everything as is but I would have to make tougher decisions on my inventory--what to keep and what to vendor/sell because I'd only have 35 slots. That's more than enough to have multiple weapons and shields etc but it sure is easier with more. I don't have to purchase hunter reqs, arkforge, scrip or anything else but I'll amass it faster if I do.

I chose to make this game NOT f2p for me. For others it is f2p. So what? Does that make anyone who started defiance from day one better than the f2p players just because they bought the game 2 years ago? Nope. It just means you bought it earlier than I did.

If people are leaving the game because they feel that Trion is forcing us to spend money then they're either misinformed or they've a false sense of entitlement that they should get everything they want when they want for free.

I find it ironic that you're complaining about free to play yet you're also complaining about having to spend money. How do you expect Trion to keep this game going for more than 10 minutes without some sort of income? Seriously...explain (or complain whichever you prefer).

Big Jack Shepard
04-15-2015, 05:38 AM
I find it ironic that you're complaining about free to play yet you're also complaining about having to spend money. How do you expect Trion to keep this game going for more than 10 minutes without some sort of income? Seriously...explain (or complain whichever you prefer).

They shouldn't expect us to spend money every ten minutes just so we can finish a co-op map. You explain that

Ray8888
04-15-2015, 05:40 AM
I always went by the when definition. So since I joined in November I am a F2P player. Even though I have spent more money on this game then any game I have ever played I still came in on that huge wave of people that joined at that time.

Some of you seem to think this is an insult.

Mrdr
04-15-2015, 05:51 AM
They shouldn't expect us to spend money every ten minutes just so we can finish a co-op map. You explain that

Why do you have to spend money?

Mrdr
04-15-2015, 05:54 AM
I always went by the when definition. So since I joined in November I am a F2P player. Even though I have spent more money on this game then any game I have ever played I still came in on that huge wave of people that joined at that time.

Some of you seem to think this is an insult.
I agree. I'm not insulted by when I started. I find that many pre-f2p players try to use f2p as an insult to us. As if we don't spend money or as if we are always wrong because we're f2p. Which isn't true at all.

WhiteStrike
04-15-2015, 06:14 AM
There:http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?208828-Rashere-Alcatraz-update-and-player-reviving

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 06:55 AM
But you didn't have to. You chose to. No one has to spend money to play. You can play everything in this game without spending a dime. I started this year so you'll probably think I want everything for free but no I actually bought the ultimate edition and plan on buying more slots soon too. I didn't have to. I could've continued on with everything as is but I would have to make tougher decisions on my inventory--what to keep and what to vendor/sell because I'd only have 35 slots. That's more than enough to have multiple weapons and shields etc but it sure is easier with more. I don't have to purchase hunter reqs, arkforge, scrip or anything else but I'll amass it faster if I do.

I chose to make this game NOT f2p for me. For others it is f2p. So what? Does that make anyone who started defiance from day one better than the f2p players just because they bought the game 2 years ago? Nope. It just means you bought it earlier than I did.

If people are leaving the game because they feel that Trion is forcing us to spend money then they're either misinformed or they've a false sense of entitlement that they should get everything they want when they want for free.

just like i choose to have all my guns fully modded right :) my 6 toons have alot of guns

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 06:58 AM
what fun would the game playing by yourself . how can you make money driving players away ?

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 07:01 AM

you pay for your net

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 07:02 AM
I started October 30th last year. Since then I bought the recruit pack, standard, collectors & ultimate edition, countless bitstore crates, a lot of outfits, a car.. inventory slots etc etc. I in no way count myself as f2p. I may have started after the point in which the game went f2p but I've paid plenty into this game.
f2p player

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 07:02 AM

and so do i

David Irwin
04-15-2015, 07:08 AM
well ever since oct I have played defiance pretty much everyday, and I had really enjoyed it. but sadly it seems to be that the best of defiance came and went. these expedition and new gear just ruined it. disconnects like crazy, mad glitches in mission, crazy suddenenly warping to different sections, rapid team mate changes.. going to help a fallen team mate only to find out you can't?!?! then getting dead your self for taking the risk. it really made it feel like all my effort in the game till now has now been made useless. thanx for helping me quit defiance.

clay marrow
04-15-2015, 07:22 AM

Bravo sir BRAVO!!!! Very well said!!!!!

Festival
04-15-2015, 07:24 AM
well ever since oct I have played defiance pretty much everyday, and I had really enjoyed it. but sadly it seems to be that the best of defiance came and went. these expedition and new gear just ruined it. disconnects like crazy, mad glitches in mission, crazy suddenenly warping to different sections, rapid team mate changes.. going to help a fallen team mate only to find out you can't?!?! then getting dead your self for taking the risk. it really made it feel like all my effort in the game till now has now been made useless. thanx for helping me quit defiance.

I wish you could have experienced just how fun this game was in the months after launch. Yeah, it was a fair bit too easy, and yeah, there were plenty of bugs. But it also had seamless, effective teaming for players with wildly different EGO, no ridiculous proliferation of currencies, no grind-y feel to it, etc. The enemies weren't absurd bullet sponges. Then came a seemingly endless list of "improvements" that have proven to be anything BUT improvements to the fun factor of the game (I'll refrain from listing them all because it makes me sad...and would take a long damned time).

I realize that at the core of most of these changes is monetization. The game might very well have disappeared without these multiple ways of driving people to the bit store. But I really miss the old, fun Defiance. I still play (daily), but that's more a matter of not really being interested in anything else right now (although I think it's time my hiatus from The Secret World ended).

Bonehead
04-15-2015, 07:43 AM
alot of players just went up and quit the game.

Happens every day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEqUyNaSdvg

Bonehead
04-15-2015, 07:44 AM
I wish you could have experienced just how fun this game was in the months after launch. Yeah, it was a fair bit too easy, and yeah, there were plenty of bugs. But it also had seamless, effective teaming for players with wildly different EGO, no ridiculous proliferation of currencies, no grind-y feel to it, etc. The enemies weren't absurd bullet sponges. Then came a seemingly endless list of "improvements" that have proven to be anything BUT improvements to the fun factor of the game (I'll refrain from listing them all because it makes me sad...and would take a long damned time).

I realize that at the core of most of these changes is monetization. The game might very well have disappeared without these multiple ways of driving people to the bit store. But I really miss the old, fun Defiance. I still play (daily), but that's more a matter of not really being interested in anything else right now (although I think it's time my hiatus from The Secret World ended).

Nades...

Nuff said...

SUPREEM
04-15-2015, 07:47 AM

I don't think expeditions alone are enough to make players quit the game completely. Plenty other things to do, like pvp.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 07:56 AM
Nades...

Nuff said...

yes your right

David Irwin
04-15-2015, 08:01 AM
you I like to think of myself and being a "good sport" and I don't feel like I'm being forced to buy anything.. but it does feel like the fun has been sucked outta the game. I had created and ark hunter I really liked ,and to me he seemed like a worthy competitor , but now he just seems useless.. and no fun, I play games for fun, and if I'm not having fun a switch to a different game. to many gears and currencies now. when a game starts to feel like work its not fun. just to many things to manage. it seems you would be better off now to start over , and well that's just to much effort for me, so many great game titles exist that this chapter will close. hey I always knew it wouldn't be forever .

Bonehead
04-15-2015, 08:09 AM

I don't define 'em at all.

Players is players after all...

SUPREEM
04-15-2015, 08:10 AM
The game went f2p. So no one expected this? Y'all had to know this would ultimately be the direction trion would have to take. Gotta pay the bills yo. #keepingthelightson

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 08:15 AM
I don't think expeditions alone are enough to make players quit the game completely. Plenty other things to do, like pvp.

the fixed some of pvp when they fixed the plate slicer cankers

Ray8888
04-15-2015, 08:18 AM
I agree. I'm not insulted by when I started. I find that many pre-f2p players try to use f2p as an insult to us. As if we don't spend money or as if we are always wrong because we're f2p. Which isn't true at all.

Yeah. I'm comfortable with that. Lol I know I don't know it all and never will. And if I ever think I do it will change.

konstantinov
04-15-2015, 08:21 AM
I will reiterate that not all f2p players are know it alls but there are many topics and threads based off of rumors heard ingame like a game of telephone. If I comment on a topic it's because I know it to be true or I'll state IIRC. I will never tell people something so far out there IE they're limiting prices on items. I give people my honest opinion when they ask for it and when it's warranted. Regardless of when a person started playing there will always be despicable people but it's hard to imagine how someone playing for 3 months can accrue 100 million scrip.

I don't need your respect to do what I do best.

Mrdr
04-15-2015, 08:42 AM
I will reiterate that not all f2p players are know it alls but there are many topics and threads based off of rumors heard ingame like a game of telephone. If I comment on a topic it's because I know it to be true or I'll state IIRC. I will never tell people something so far out there IE they're limiting prices on items. I give people my honest opinion when they ask for it and when it's warranted. Regardless of when a person started playing there will always be despicable people but it's hard to imagine how someone playing for 3 months can accrue 100 million scrip.

I don't need your respect to do what I do best.
That's completely fair. I agree 100%. I've only been playing for 3-4 months myself and will readily admit to knowing mostly nothing of the finer points of the game. Which is why I ask the vets that I know I can trust and who I know have the knowledge to provide me accurate info (as you said there are despicable people at every level). I'm not here to create problems for others in game. I want to help the fellow players kill stuff and when my time comes where I'm no longer too much of a noob to help the noobs I'll do my best there as well.

I don't want to be that noob who won't listen to good advice from good established players. I want to learn and be an asset to the team.

However when people make claims that the game is pay to play then I have to point that it's only like that if you choose. No one has to be a f2p player to see that. The road to "getting your cap on" (as stoo would say) is much longer without getting more slots at the very least, but not impossible (just much more difficult).

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 09:08 AM
im still a noob

Bonehead
04-15-2015, 09:10 AM
im still a noob

As are we all Death...

As are we all...

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 09:13 AM
As are we all Death...

As are we all...
yes we are

r1p
04-15-2015, 09:38 AM
I've been wondering when the conversation would begin on the definition of a f2p player. When you label something, or in this case someone, the intention is to convey a significant meaning. So what is the significance of a player's start date when it is used by itself to define them? Since f2p was released on 3 different dates across the various platforms (PC - June 2014, PS3 - August 2014, XBOX - November 2014) which date defines a f2p player? If someone started playing on the XBOX in September are they still f2p because of the releases on the PC and PS3? How do you even know when someone started playing unless they tell you?

Most of that was just rhetorical. The question people should be asking themselves is this: why is there a need to label people as f2p in the first place? The only reason to label groups of people is so that you can distinguish yourself in such a way that you can set yourself above them. This type of prejudicial behavior is not tolerated in the real world so why is it being fostered here?

I understand that a significant amount of resentment was created by Trion because:

They decided to let new customers play the game for free after you paid for it
Players basically paid money to beta test the game for a year and a half
The recompense to the paid players was underwhelming

I'd be PO'd about this as well. Hell, I'm still upset with their decision to charge Hunter Reqs for private Warmaster instances even though I paid for the DLC. The thing is that those things are on Trion and shouldn't be directed at new players.

I also understand the frustration when reading forum and zone chat posts by players that have a huge sense of entitlement for a game that they got for free and that you paid for. The problem is that:

People who feel entitled are that way regardless of circumstance
They are a small percentage of the user base whose visibility is exacerbated by the fact that they play for free

The bottom line is that a large number of people are being stigmatized and its getting pretty old. If you think people are leaving in droves because of what Trion is doing wait until they start leaving because they are tired of being treated like second class citizens by the so-called "veterans" in the game.

konstantinov
04-15-2015, 09:45 AM
I've been wondering when the conversation would begin on the definition of a f2p player. When you label something, or in this case someone, the intention is to convey a significant meaning. So what is the significance of a player's start date when it is used by itself to define them? Since f2p was released on 3 different dates across the various platforms (PC - June 2014, PS3 - August 2014, XBOX - November 2014) which date defines a f2p player? If someone started playing on the XBOX in September are they still f2p because of the releases on the PC and PS3? How do you even know when someone started playing unless they tell you?

Most of that was just rhetorical. The question people should be asking themselves is this: why is there a need to label people as f2p in the first place? The only reason to label groups of people is so that you can distinguish yourself in such a way that you can set yourself above them. This type of prejudicial behavior is not tolerated in the real world so why is it being fostered here?

I understand that a significant amount of resentment was created by Trion because:

They decided to let new customers play the game for free after you paid for it
Players basically paid money to beta test the game for a year and a half
The recompense to the paid players was underwhelming

I'd be PO'd about this as well. Hell, I'm still upset with their decision to charge Hunter Reqs for private Warmaster instances even though I paid for the DLC. The thing is that those things are on Trion and shouldn't be directed at new players.

I also understand the frustration when reading forum and zone chat posts by players that have a huge sense of entitlement for a game that they got for free and that you paid for. The problem is that:

People who feel entitled are that way regardless of circumstance
They are a small percentage of the user base whose visibility is exacerbated by the fact that they play for free

The bottom line is that a large number of people are being stigmatized and its getting pretty old. If you think people are leaving in droves because of what Trion is doing wait until they start leaving because they are tired of being treated like second class citizens by the so-called "veterans" in the game.

I'd like to fall under the "self-proclaimed" category.

Thank you

Draugul
04-15-2015, 10:25 AM
*sigh* Whats fair?.... Believe me, not all FTP players are in free games because they don't want to pay. Its because they cant. Because in Europe we have big banking companies that think its cool to take, and then take a little more. Because the social system is getting to a point, that being disabled means becoming obsolete.

Playing in a online RPG, can become then a little short escape from this all. Until the big companies become greedy again, and we are out of luck... again.

Free to Play, means you can play the game. Not that you can enter, only to become cannon fodder for paying players. Free can be harder to play, taking longer to get the fun stuff. I am willing to play a year for stuff others can buy instantly. No problem. But I don't know, is Defiance still such a game? I hope they don't get dragon-sickness. :p

Would be nice, when being social in game, means more then how much money someone spend on the game.

Tex_Arcana
04-15-2015, 10:41 AM
Easy, F2Pers don't invest in the product. They do everything the game will allow them to do for free.
See? Even though I class myself as F2P, I do spend money in any F2P game I enjoy.
But only on things that I deem cost effective.
Eg. Entire DLC bundle for $20? You bet! Inventory slots? No brainer imo.
What I REFUSE to spend money on are the "lottery' items like lock boxes. These items play into P.T. Barnum's "One born every minute" comment.
I have a serious issue with people that QQ because they have had no luck with lockboxes. - They have noone but themselves to blame for luck/rng not favouring them (Not Trion's responsibility either: It's a frigging LOTTERY. You're odds are supposed to be bad).
I have greased the wheels: I just didn't pay so someone can have a pool, and spa in their house.
F2P = Find where the game does aid one in earning stuff by playing and farm it. But be ready to add to your gaming experience by buying items that are a guaranteed aid for the gameplay experience.
And to the OP's premise: Funny. There servers seem to be fuller than ever.

konstantinov
04-15-2015, 10:50 AM
See? Even though I class myself as F2P, I do spend money in any F2P game I enjoy.
But only on things that I deem cost effective.
Eg. Entire DLC bundle for $20? You bet! Inventory slots? No brainer imo.
What I REFUSE to spend money on are the "lottery' items like lock boxes. These items play into P.T. Barnum's "One born every minute" comment.
I have a serious issue with people that QQ because they have had no luck with lockboxes. - They have noone but themselves to blame for luck/rng not favouring them (Not Trion's responsibility either: It's a frigging LOTTERY. You're odds are supposed to be bad).
I have greased the wheels: I just didn't pay so someone can have a pool, and spa in their house.
F2P = Find where the game does aid one in earning stuff by playing and farm it. But be ready to add to your gaming experience by buying items that are a guaranteed aid for the gameplay experience.
And to the OP's premise: Funny. There servers seem to be fuller than ever.

There's a distinct difference when people invest in a f2p game and have legitimate concerns versus making threads about how they should be given more free outfits.

Shrimkins
04-15-2015, 11:12 AM
There's a distinct difference when people invest in a f2p game and have legitimate concerns versus making threads about how they should be given more free outfits.

Then why do we have idiots throwing accusations around about so called "f2p" players so much? I have spend close to $150 on this game in the 2 months I've been playing. Probably more than a large majority of the people that bought the game outright.

konstantinov
04-15-2015, 11:29 AM
Then why do we have idiots throwing accusations around about so called "f2p" players so much? I have spend close to $150 on this game in the 2 months I've been playing. Probably more than a large majority of the people that bought the game outright.

The same reason some PC players look down and treat console players like they're beneath them.

Shrimkins
04-15-2015, 11:35 AM
The same reason some PC players look down and treat console players like they're beneath them.

touché

Consoles are inferior platforms though :D

I have been a part of games that have gone from box sales to f2p before. I just never saw the dissention there like I do here. It's odd.

r1p
04-15-2015, 11:51 AM

This is a great analogy. I would have written an overly verbose explanation listing all of the reasons for why this occurs and you have reduced it to something that is succinct and easy to relate to. Well stated.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 12:44 PM
dam what i miss?

DeMoNofDEATH
04-15-2015, 03:26 PM
funny thing is they just put us all here on the same forum... PC, PS3 and Xbox. Once upon a time there were separate forums but I imagine the cost and/or feasability was not there soooo.... long story short, they amalgamated us into one forum. United us as forumites under one roof.

A happy family.

(this is the rumor anyhow)

konstantinov
04-15-2015, 03:44 PM
funny thing is they just put us all here on the same forum... PC, PS3 and Xbox. Once upon a time there were separate forums but I imagine the cost and/or feasability was not there soooo.... long story short, they amalgamated us into one forum. United us as forumites under one roof.

A happy family.

(this is the rumor anyhow)

United we stand under one sub forum.

crasher
04-15-2015, 07:14 PM

I've said before - I'd like to see a parallel server for DEFI that just had the game as originally launched.
I'd like to see how many players the 'unmodded game' server had compared to the one running all the whacked patches. I know that the original game had bugs, but some of us feel that the a lot of the gameplay modifications in those patches were worse than the bugs they 'fixed'.

konstantinov
04-15-2015, 07:16 PM
I've said before - I'd like to see a parallel server for DEFI that just had the game as originally launched.
I'd like to see how many players the 'unmodded game' server had compared to the one running all the whacked patches. I know that the original game had bugs, but some of us feel that the a lot of the gameplay modifications in those patches were worse than the bugs they 'fixed'.

ps3 NA was a million times worse stability wise back then it is now.

crasher
04-15-2015, 07:21 PM
I don't define 'em at all.

Players is players after all...

See - that's your trouble, right there....
You're too damned open minded and even tempered.

crasher
04-15-2015, 07:29 PM
ps3 NA was a million times worse stability wise back then it is now.
Agreed, and I understand you.

I was mostly referring to the 'gameplay' aspect and, as Bone is want to say:
" 'nades".

'nades are just one small aspect of borked gameplay that solved nothing.

Stability issues weren't fixed by nerfing gameplay or weapons.

Stability issues should have taken precedence over just about everything else, except hax.