PDA

View Full Version : Not enough players playing pvp,

SUPREEM
04-15-2015, 07:35 AM
Defiance pvp is great, so why am I knocking off the same players over and over? Why no new comers? Can't be the event, its been this way for a while. I don't understand.

crazyged
04-15-2015, 08:17 AM
Different platform, but I'm getting back into pvp soon as the event's over - love getting my *** kicked!

bigbri2k5
04-15-2015, 08:17 AM
Defiance pvp is great, so why am I knocking off the same players over and over? Why no new comers? Can't be the event, its been this way for a while. I don't understand.
1)Most people don't think Defiance PvP is that great
2)Most people came here to play a PvE game rather than PvP

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 08:23 AM
everyone i know that pvps is still event hunting

Alastar
04-15-2015, 08:26 AM
Look to he people you play with to find the reason no one else wants to play. The devs can fix this and break that but at the end of the day what makes or breaks PvP is the people who play it. If it is filled with toxic folks looking to ruin the fun of other players rather than enjoy it with others then more and more will be put off.

Bonehead
04-15-2015, 08:29 AM

It's okay Supreem. Not everyone can understand everything.

Some things are not meant to be understood...

SUPREEM
04-15-2015, 08:41 AM
It's okay Supreem. Not everyone can understand everything.

Some things are not meant to be understood...

Lol I just wanna off some noobs, where are they?

Mrdr
04-15-2015, 08:46 AM

As soon as the event is over I plan on starting my pvp adventures. Tried it at very low ego (like 400 or so) and realized there was no point when you have a shield with only one plate and a gun that just spits on the other pvp'rs. I'm still not going to be a challenge for you but at least I'll have more potential to stay alive longer. :)

SUPREEM
04-15-2015, 08:47 AM
Look to he people you play with to find the reason no one else wants to play. The devs can fix this and break that but at the end of the day what makes or breaks PvP is the people who play it. If it is filled with toxic folks looking to ruin the fun of other players rather than enjoy it with others then more and more will be put off.

I don't play with cheaters if that's what you mean, no one wants to play with them lol. Not that many cheaters around to serve as a pvp deterrent tho, so that can't be it right? (Speaking of ps3/na of course)

Alastar
04-15-2015, 08:49 AM
Not just cheaters but general ****** bags. No one wants to play with them either lol.

SUPREEM
04-15-2015, 08:59 AM
Some players say I'm a dckk in pvp lol all I do I win tho. What's wrong with that? (And I don't cheat to do it) Is losing the deterrent? I had to take my beatings before I did the beating lol.

Edit: I don't gloat either, even I can't stand "ha ha you suck you suck", just unnecessary. I just hitem wit "gg".

Alastar
04-15-2015, 09:03 AM
Mindset. Not outcome. You can have fun losing but again who wants to play with a ****** who is playing specifically to ruin the fun for others?

SUPREEM
04-15-2015, 09:03 AM
As soon as the event is over I plan on starting my pvp adventures. Tried it at very low ego (like 400 or so) and realized there was no point when you have a shield with only one plate and a gun that just spits on the other pvp'rs. I'm still not going to be a challenge for you but at least I'll have more potential to stay alive longer. :)

See, that's the spirit! :cool:

SUPREEM
04-15-2015, 09:05 AM
Mindset. Not outcome. You can have fun losing but again who wants to play with a ****** who is playing specifically to ruin the fun for others?

That's true.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-15-2015, 09:10 AM
Some players say I'm a dckk in pvp lol all I do I win tho. What's wrong with that? (And I don't cheat to do it) Is losing the deterrent? I had to take my beatings before I did the beating lol.

Edit: I don't gloat either, even I can't stand "ha ha you suck you suck", just unnecessary. I just hitem wit "gg".

i guess you forgot all the things you said

rosco raptor
04-15-2015, 09:14 AM
People get tire of seeing detonator and rocket launcher yards in PvP as well as infectors cuz it shows no skill. Plus PvPiI severely unbalanced. I'm tired of seeing the same stuff from the entire PvP community no orginality.

Detured by same dumb dumb setups of all the players over and over again

WhiteStrike
04-15-2015, 09:17 AM

PvP is horribly unbalanced.The hardest hitting weapons require no skill to use.'Nuff said.

snoglobe81
04-15-2015, 09:18 AM
Really only started last week. I do find it hilarious to see myself fly through the air after being killed by a rocket launcher. Maybe only had 5 kills as the highest. I'll keep trying.

Fallen_Aingeal
04-15-2015, 09:23 AM
I've taken a break because of the event. On a loot chase that still needs to be fulfilled. 2 more things and I'll happily be done with them.

SUPREEM
04-15-2015, 09:25 AM
i guess you forgot all the things you said

Never said "ha ha you suck you suck". :cool:

cmpowell
04-15-2015, 09:28 AM
I think what ruins it most for me is spawn trapping. Defiance could take lesson from destiny on this

Mrdr
04-17-2015, 11:40 AM
See, that's the spirit! :cool:

Ok so I couldn't wait for the event to be over. I joined a few quick matches today. Had a great time. It definitely takes more skill than shooting npc's. I was actually able to take out 2 people in a total of 3 matches. LOL

I got killed more times than I can remember though. Was still fun. There's 2 names I have memorized that I owe some payback LOL First I need to level up my ego and figure out my load out better then get better guns. My sniper and shotty work well against npc's but just aren't quite powerful enough for pvp yet.

That said I think I've found a new addiction in Defiance. Don't know why more people don't play. I got smoked by some cloaked rocket launchers a few times but now I know what to look for. With better guns I might give those invisible bastards a run for their money someday. :) I'm not a rocket launcher kinda guy so I'm probably going to stick with the sniper and a short range powerhouse shotty of some sort.

Good times. Hope more people get the pvp bug too.

Derailer
04-17-2015, 12:03 PM
Because people are jerks. I don't know jack about pvp and play it just for the pursuits but I get hate messages almost every game.

It's just ridiculous.

Some dude goes 35 and 2 and sends me horrible messages for killing him once randomly while I go 5 and 5. How does that make sense? I don't even know how to play pvp and I use a sawed-off and an smg but people act like I'm cheating or cheap or whatever.

I don't mind losing I don't mind dying I don't mind getting killed by one person 5 times to get them once but the horrible hate messages in game and through xbl after almost every match take every ounce of fun out of pvp. The balance issues and the learning curve are easy enough to overlook but it's the people that make it unbearable.

Mrdr
04-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Because people are jerks. I don't know jack about pvp and play it just for the pursuits but I get hate messages almost every game.

It's just ridiculous.

Some dude goes 35 and 2 and sends me horrible messages for killing him once randomly while I go 5 and 5. How does that make sense? I don't even know how to play pvp and I use a sawed-off and an smg but people act like I'm cheating or cheap or whatever.

I don't mind losing I don't mind dying I don't mind getting killed by one person 5 times to get them once but the horrible hate messages in game and through xbl after almost every match take every ounce of fun out of pvp. The balance issues and the learning curve are easy enough to overlook but it's the people that make it unbearable.

I can totally understand why you'd hate it. I haven't gotten any hate messages yet but if I do I'll assume that I'm doing a good job. Think of it as fan mail instead. :)

konstantinov
04-17-2015, 12:47 PM
I don't get hate mail, I get hate zone chat.

tarmim
04-17-2015, 12:54 PM

Ive had good times on pvp during the event. 3 days ago 16 v 16 freight yard got 70-2 kill ratio :)

konstantinov
04-17-2015, 12:56 PM
Ive had good times on pvp during the event. 3 days ago 16 v 16 freight yard got 70-2 kill ratio :)

Congrats, the last time I tried that hard was...

never

Nefarious
04-17-2015, 01:39 PM
New players? We are not going to see new players as long as the game keeps piling stuff on to keep them down from trying.

2 things just got added to ward new players from PvP away even more.

1. Ammo, grenades, spikes, and stim capacity added to those who have the boosts, mainly the Patron Pass which is a constant. You get to carry more of everything then those who don't have it. An extra grenade. 3 more spikes and stims. And 25% more ammo.

2. Then there is Cyber Rigs. Something that new players don't have any kind of access to really. And there are a few combinations when combined with other things to make the players who constantly run the OP stuff even more OPed then before. What can new players do when they enter a match with VBI AR and are met with bunny hopping speed boosting quick shield regenerating players who are using a Blast Rifle and Rocket Launcher?

Its all bs. With every update is a step forward for PvP but also 4 steps back. And the PvP populace in the game dwindles more and more. Only leaving the few Hardcore players in it. And Defiance PvP was made to be big, not in a constant state of 1 point capture Shadow Wars or Goon Squads that constantly que up for Water Front to prey on under equipped players.

One good thing that came from the update was that Spikes are now destructible, and that's really cool. But Ammo/Consumable capacity boost and Cyber Rigs should of never carried over into PvP.

Mrdr
04-17-2015, 02:09 PM
New players? We are not going to see new players as long as the game keeps piling stuff on to keep them down from trying.

1. Ammo, grenades, spikes, and stim capacity added to those who have the boosts, mainly the Patron Pass which is a constant. You get to carry more of everything then those who don't have it. An extra grenade. 3 more spikes and stims. And 25% more ammo.

2. Then there is Cyber Rigs. Something that new players don't have any kind of access to really. And there are a few combinations when combined with other things to make the players who constantly run the OP stuff even more OPed then before. What can new players do when they enter a match with VBI AR and are met with bunny hopping speed boosting quick shield regenerating players who are using a Blast Rifle and Rocket Launcher?

Its all bs. With every update is a step forward for PvP but also 4 steps back. And the PvP populace in the game dwindles more and more. Only leaving the few Hardcore players in it. And Defiance PvP was made to be big, not in a constant state of 1 point capture Shadow Wars or Goon Squads that constantly que up for Water Front to prey on under equipped players.

One good thing that came from the update was that Spikes are now destructible, and that's really cool. But Ammo/Consumable capacity boost and Cyber Rigs should of never carried over into PvP.

All I had was a bolt action sniper (no charge) and a pump shotgun. I found that I can't play pvp like I pve at all (right or wrong I usually tank in pve). In pvp you have to use cover and outfox the opponents. With my weak setup I was able to take out 2 players (both better equipped than me). I just utilized my environment and tried to my weapons as intended. With better gear I expect to do better but time will tell. I don't expect to be on top at my ego and skill set. Pvp vets should hold that place until I knock them off in the future ;)

Festival
04-17-2015, 02:13 PM
PvP is horribly unbalanced.The hardest hitting weapons require no skill to use.'Nuff said.

I think the horrible weapon balancing (leading to Easy Mode loadouts) is the main reason I've been taking a break from PvP. I'm not saying that from the POV of one of those tools who tries to imply that "if only this were skill-based, I'd be at the top of the table every time." Far from it. If there were better balance towards high skill, I would undoubtedly do a lot worse (I finally stopped swimming against the tide and usually use a really nasty Blighter).

But it would be more fun...

Lawnmandammitt
04-17-2015, 02:39 PM
Because i cant enjoy the guns i like to use without receiving hate mail, or zone chat. You hate on canker, sludge combo too?

Nefarious
04-17-2015, 08:38 PM
In pvp you have to use cover and outfox the opponents. With my weak setup I was able to take out 2 players (both better equipped than me). I just utilized my environment and tried to my weapons as intended.

I know all about this. And trust me, I hold my own when I purposely under equip myself. But for new and casual players they are vastly under equipped. 64v64 Shadow Wars is now nothing but 6v6 at most at any giving time because of it.

At this point and time with Ammo and Consumable boosts along with Cyber Rigs carrying over I would rather have Pre Made Loadouts for PvP even though Im against it and would prefer just better balance to the game. But it has really hit a point of no return, like how many things are going to be introduced that make things totally unbalanced for those who don't have them? It has become a big list now of things that need to go back on and be re-tweaked.

It just annoys me because this is the main reason I bought the game.

This is what sold me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBzW2KCORwk

dremora ven0m
04-17-2015, 08:46 PM
It is horribly unbalanced, everyone should start off with same weapons & loadouts.
Oh defo no ego perks.
xbl eu its always the same people with cloak in SW its surge bolter, in cap&hold its big boomers & deathmatch sawn offs!!!!
yaawwnzz
I have done it for the pursuits, I will help others do the pursuits also but would never play defiance pvp for fun as it is not!

WhiteStrike
04-17-2015, 11:51 PM
It is horribly unbalanced, everyone should start off with same weapons & loadouts.
Oh defo no ego perks.
xbl eu its always the same people with cloak in SW its surge bolter, in cap&hold its big boomers & deathmatch sawn offs!!!!
yaawwnzz
I have done it for the pursuits, I will help others do the pursuits also but would never play defiance pvp for fun as it is not!

Or...
Add an Echelon crate to the Echelon Vendor.The weapons from that crate are the only ones that can be used in PVP.This way the devs can control the weapons that can be used and give the Echelon vendor reason to exist.Two birds,one stone.

Chump Norris
04-18-2015, 12:24 AM
Even one player would be to many.

Tekrunner
04-18-2015, 12:57 AM
I've played quite a bit of pvp in the past, but I can't face playing anymore until the announced changes are implemented. The balance is just too out of whack, I don't really have fun stomping undergeared new players, nor do I have much fun facing veterans who can kill you in half a second. Bug fixes from 3.0 made blighters / feasters a bit more manageable, but as Nefarious says, cyber rigs are only going to widen the gap between new and experienced players. With 2 more expeditions I'll be able to have a rig with -15% damage taken plus some other small bonuses; that's a big advantage over a newer player using a green rig with like 3 chips.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-18-2015, 01:34 AM
dont worry they will nerf the rigs soon enough

DEATHBRINGER210
04-18-2015, 01:38 AM

you could always destroy spikes always

DEATHBRINGER210
04-18-2015, 01:39 AM
i like how the game is all about him , his wants and how he feels

Fallen_Aingeal
04-18-2015, 01:39 AM
I keep hearing whining about unbalance, not good enough gear, vets stomping new players, etc.

Good. My opinion is that it should remain unbalanced. It's the way of the world. Put in the time to acquire the gear. Put in the practice to get better. Learn the mechanics of the game.

I tried pvp when I was new to the game. Had my azz handed to me. I learned that I needed to get better. I realized that I needed better gear and needed to learn more before I tried again.

I'm sorry if this pisses off the kool aid drinking, "oh, everything has to be fair, give me a marshmallow to throw" crowd. I'm sorry if you're now getting your azz handed to you from ppl like me because you think I'm a hacker, or use op weapons. Actually, I'm not...

I use the gear I acquired in game. I use a variety of weapons. I use a variety of shields. I use 3 of the 4 perks available. I get better from learning from the mistakes I made, rather than whine to have everything nerfed to nothing.

You want to fix pvp?

Get rid of scaling in pvp. Make pvp be instanced to like ego levels. Just a couple of examples.

Life isn't a fair playing field.

Victory is earned, not given...

Mrdr
04-18-2015, 04:37 AM
I keep hearing whining about unbalance, not good enough gear, vets stomping new players, etc.

Good. My opinion is that it should remain unbalanced. It's the way of the world. Put in the time to acquire the gear. Put in the practice to get better. Learn the mechanics of the game.

I tried pvp when I was new to the game. Had my azz handed to me. I learned that I needed to get better. I realized that I needed better gear and needed to learn more before I tried again.

I'm sorry if this pisses off the kool aid drinking, "oh, everything has to be fair, give me a marshmallow to throw" crowd. I'm sorry if you're now getting your azz handed to you from ppl like me because you think I'm a hacker, or use op weapons. Actually, I'm not...

I use the gear I acquired in game. I use a variety of weapons. I use a variety of shields. I use 3 of the 4 perks available. I get better from learning from the mistakes I made, rather than whine to have everything nerfed to nothing.

You want to fix pvp?

Get rid of scaling in pvp. Make pvp be instanced to like ego levels. Just a couple of examples.

Life isn't a fair playing field.

Victory is earned, not given...

As everyone here knows I just started pvp so my opinion on the matter may not carry much weight but...I agree with you 100%. It's like a person who has never skated demanding that the National Hockey League that they need to make it fair for noob players by because he wants to play pro hockey immediately without having to practice or learning to skate.

I don't expect to win in pvp but I do look forward to trying. Personally I get a kick out of killing seasoned pvp'rs because I know it won't happen often. I have to see them first and be really accurate with my aim because I have to shoot them multiple times since my guns aren't powerful enough to get through their oj shields with one shot. Is it challenging? Yes. Is it fun? So far. Do I expect to win or even have a chance at winning? Not right now but I do expect to earn my wins someday through much practice and better gear acquisition.

SourceOfInfinity
04-18-2015, 11:33 AM

probably because PVP is dominated by the same people with OP weapons that make it unapproachable for new players and boring for old players. I'm just waiting for that PVP patch and hope they don't screw that one up too. I got sick of the same stuff over and over...same people with the same weapons camping in the same places on the same maps. it's just boring. I dread PVP more now that there are even MORE jackpot weapons and a better Mk II version of the most rediculous unfun weapon in pvp (feaster). I have one so no one can tell me I'm just complaining because I'm jealous or mad I get killed by weapons I don't have. pvp is just not fun with unskilled easy weapons and bad players who don't even play the objectives. People used to say boomers and infectors were OP before F2P...now there are weapons that are straight off-the-charts OP. PVP hasn't been fun since the F2P era.

SourceOfInfinity
04-18-2015, 11:40 AM
At this point and time with Ammo and Consumable boosts along with Cyber Rigs carrying over
oh yeah, that was one of the things I forgot to include why I don't want to pvp after this patch. There are some pathetic losers out there who care so much about their score and pvp performance that they spend hundreds of $ just to get the best advantage they can. All so they can t-bag and talk trash as if it's really worth anything.

Mrdr
04-18-2015, 11:54 AM
Jumped online for a bit this morning to try some quick freight yard pvp action. This time tried with a boomer and an infector. I killed less people with those than my sniper and French hen (tried the French hen for the first time today--good stuff but need to mod it for reload and mag for sure). In a nutshell I think there are two approaches/styles for people to play. For those who like to go in guns blazing then the "OP" weapons are what you could use. If you like to be more strategic then the sniper and shotty combo seem to work very well. The shotty is more of a defensive weapon to have at the ready when moving between cover spots in case some one sneaks up on you. With the infectors and boomers you have to get reasonably close before shooting which better exposes you to danger.

I haven't mastered the boomer/infector projectile trajectories so killing people with them is more of a challenge than with the sniper. To others sniping is more of a skill. Hard to say. There's definitely more skill required in pvp than pve I believe only because npc's don't run for cover or suddenly blur or cloak on you. Npc's just aren't sneaky at all. I got ninja'd pretty good today lol. But I also point blank headshot an enemy sniper with my hen just by walking up from the side while he was sighting...BOOM! No npc's will ever do that. If that guy is reading this then thanks for the good time--had a blast blowing your head off. Your team mate did the same to me with a RL just before that though so I hope he had fun too. :)

konstantinov
04-18-2015, 12:02 PM
probably because PVP is dominated by the same people with OP weapons that make it unapproachable for new players and boring for old players. I'm just waiting for that PVP patch and hope they don't screw that one up too. I got sick of the same stuff over and over...same people with the same weapons camping in the same places on the same maps. it's just boring. I dread PVP more now that there are even MORE jackpot weapons and a better Mk II version of the most rediculous unfun weapon in pvp (feaster). I have one so no one can tell me I'm just complaining because I'm jealous or mad I get killed by weapons I don't have. pvp is just not fun with unskilled easy weapons and bad players who don't even play the objectives. People used to say boomers and infectors were OP before F2P...now there are weapons that are straight off-the-charts OP. PVP hasn't been fun since the F2P era.

I did a FY today and went 33-2. I'm best.

Mrdr
04-18-2015, 12:13 PM
I did a FY today and went 33-2. I'm best.

You were probably the one who one shotted me in the head with an OP weapon lol. Thanks for that...:cool:

DEATHBRINGER210
04-18-2015, 12:15 PM
vacations almost over i got some new goodies :)

DEATHBRINGER210
04-18-2015, 12:16 PM
i went in for a match went 27-0 and no rig

Mrdr
04-18-2015, 12:30 PM
i went in for a match went 27-0 and no rig

That's because you haven't been properly introduced to my angry hen. LOL

DEATHBRINGER210
04-18-2015, 01:33 PM
you havent met my oj frag

konstantinov
04-18-2015, 01:38 PM

Do a barrel roll.

Mrdr
04-18-2015, 02:16 PM
I'd be honoured. Perhaps some day we'll introduce them. :)

DEATHBRINGER210
04-18-2015, 02:19 PM
fyi i have a cyber rig now :)

Pinkeh
04-19-2015, 03:43 AM
Just started this game, joined because they asked in zone chat for 1 more player to shadow wars or whatever. As someone with <400EGO and the basic green weapons. My first 5 minutes can be summarised below

1. Spawn camped
2. Spawn camped
3. Rocket launcher 1-hit KO to the face
4. 1-hit KO from a sniper
5. Rocket launcher 1-hit KO to the face

Yeah that's enough of that. No more PVP. :p

Duke_Shambles
04-19-2015, 03:49 AM
PvP is end game content, it's not supposed to go well for you at sub 400 ego. Try again when you hit xp ego cap around the mid 4000s.

But all those things will still probably happen to you, just not 5 times in a row hopefully.

Pinkeh
04-19-2015, 03:51 AM
Sounds kind of pointless to grind to 4000 EGO for PVP. It doesn't sound all that appealing anyway.

duction
04-19-2015, 04:01 AM
Sounds kind of pointless to grind to 4000 EGO for PVP. It doesn't sound all that appealing anyway.

you probably should quit mmo games if that is your attitude toward this style of game lol.

Pinkeh
04-19-2015, 04:11 AM
Nothing to do with the genre. I have a Titan in Eve and two legendary weapons in GW2. I enjoy my MMOGs a lot. Then again, I'm not emotionally invested in this. I just want to finish the story by next week.

Duke_Shambles
04-19-2015, 04:20 AM
No, there are tons of 5k+ ego players that just refuse to do it. I used to be one of them, then went in to do my pursuits, and discovered I liked it. I shouldn't be surprised, my gaming taste prior to this was all FPS PvP games.

CowdBlud
04-19-2015, 04:44 AM
Just started this game, joined because they asked in zone chat for 1 more player to shadow wars or whatever. As someone with <400EGO and the basic green weapons. My first 5 minutes can be summarised below

1. Spawn camped
2. Spawn camped

This happens a LOT in PvP which is why there are soooo many threads about balancing it.
Personally I think we need a 5 or so second invunerability on spawn - easy fix and limitation on what weapons/powers we can use if we have any chance of 'balancing' PvP.
If you're in a game full of campers and cloaked launchers - just quit and do something else for a while - at less than 400 ego you have plenty to get on with.

Mrdr
04-19-2015, 05:06 AM
fyi i have a cyber rig now :)

Uh oh! Guess I better be extra sneaky then. :)

Mrdr
04-19-2015, 05:16 AM

1. Spawn camped
2. Spawn camped

That sucks. I tried both shadow war and matchmaking at your ego too and had the same experience with the shadow war also. Shadow war is different from the matchmaking though. At least in my experience it is. I had the same as you in SW. In freigh yard 16 vs 16 it's not so bad (at least for me anyway). I've played it for the past couple of days and haven't been spawn camped once yet. Now there was a sniper with a charge rifle perched on a roof who was lethal with it. He didn't wait for me to spawn but he got me every time. It's my fault though because 1. I was t moving quickly enough due to me trying to creep around get into sniping position myself, 2. When I was fast enough I didn't get adequate cover and 3. I was tryouts my to revenge kill him so I kept spawning in the same location to find him again. I should've know better because he always had the drop on me--superior position and readiness. I had to find position and line up my sights. I don't blame the pvp balance issue but rather him and his damn skills lol.

TLDR: try matchmaking pvp rather than SW instead, but if you wait until you're a higher ego you'll have a better time as you'll have better gear.

SUPREEM
04-20-2015, 02:54 AM
I pvped my azz off yesterday lol, and had my azz handed to me also. Just because I'm high ego it doesn't negate the fact that i still get it from time to time, it being either a charged splitshot to the everywhere or a barrage of green glowy balls of death lol. Funniest thing tho, a certain someone kept "offing me" with a piper lol, only person to do so I believe. One of the best days I've had pvping in a while. Can't wait to get back to it. :cool:

konstantinov
04-20-2015, 03:46 AM
I pvped my azz off yesterday lol, and had my azz handed to me also. Just because I'm high ego it doesn't negate the fact that i still get it from time to time, it being either a charged splitshot to the everywhere or a barrage of green glowy balls of death lol. Funniest thing tho, a certain someone kept "offing me" with a piper lol, only person to do so I believe. One of the best days I've had pvping in a while. Can't wait to get back to it. :cool:

I saw you in military academy yesterday but I was too busy finishing my turret kills to bother actually playing the match. However I did get a few kills with my piper.

crazyged
04-20-2015, 04:11 AM
Hmmmmm yeah, one of my mates keeps on shooting me in the face with a Piper...

I want your Piper! Yes, you know who you are! :D

Mrdr
04-20-2015, 04:16 AM
It's a lot more fun getting killed in pvp than pve isn't it? It can be more frustrating but it's also more fun somehow.

crazyged
04-20-2015, 04:20 AM
It's a lot more fun getting killed in pvp than pve isn't it? It can be more frustrating but it's also more fun somehow.

Heheh, I laugh like a maniac every time I get downed - and that's a lot!

Mrdr
04-20-2015, 04:33 AM
Heheh, I laugh like a maniac every time I get downed - and that's a lot!

Me too. There was a guy online last night in voice chat that totally losing his mind because kept getting killed like every 2 minutes. I just muted my mic and laughed every time I heard him flip his lid. It was hilarious. At that moment I wished I could hear the other team's chat lol

EvilAg3nt
04-20-2015, 04:45 AM

because some of us bought the game for pve and will never even bother playing pvp.
when i first bought the game,i scanned the case and saw nothing about pvp being the requirements.
in fact,the game sold itself to me on the Promotion of being a pve game.

Draugul
04-20-2015, 05:41 AM
I don't mind dying. I don't even mind loosing the game. Its sometime frustrating do, that on some players a fully charged headshot with a Hearthseeker has a half shield damage as result. Or when you are in stealth, someone comes straight at you from behind some solid object. Yes I also see some enemy name pops up sometimes, but not when they are in stealth. Not even up close. When players keep doing this kind of things, in one game, and it ends with being spawn-killed. Must say dying is not that small a deal then anymore. Because, as they play, it means you cant play the game. You are becoming just some cannon fodder. And that's a shame. I can understand that for some players its a PvP game breaker.

Mrdr
04-20-2015, 06:02 AM
I don't mind dying. I don't even mind loosing the game. Its sometime frustrating do, that on some players a fully charged headshot with a Hearthseeker has a half shield damage as result. Or when you are in stealth, someone comes straight at you from behind some solid object. Yes I also see some enemy name pops up sometimes, but not when they are in stealth. Not even up close. When players keep doing this kind of things, in one game, and it ends with being spawn-killed. Must say dying is not that small a deal then anymore. Because, as they play, it means you cant play the game. You are becoming just some cannon fodder. And that's a shame. I can understand that for some players its a PvP game breaker.
I can totally understand the frustration and desire to never play again in that situation. Luckily I haven't had that situation yet. And since I don't know how to walk through walls I won't be able to do that to someone else either. But even if I did I'd rather shoot someone the old fashioned way using stealth and luck. :)

SUPREEM
04-20-2015, 06:59 AM
I saw you in military academy yesterday but I was too busy finishing my turret kills to bother actually playing the match. However I did get a few kills with my piper.

Yes you know I was talking about you lol. I off like 6 or 7 of your teammates in a row and here you come, cool as ever not running or jumping or anything, offing me twice lol with a piper. I was loln my azz off. Think I ended match with a k/d of 17-2, the 2 deaths via your hands lol. Now that I think of it, I have yet to off you in a match lol. I bow for now. #offingnoobsandhumbleaboutit :cool:

konstantinov
04-20-2015, 07:29 AM
Yes you know I was talking about you lol. I off like 6 or 7 of your teammates in a row and here you come, cool as ever not running or jumping or anything, offing me twice lol with a piper. I was loln my azz off. Think I ended match with a k/d of 17-2, the 2 deaths via your hands lol. Now that I think of it, I have yet to off you in a match lol. I bow for now. #offingnoobsandhumbleaboutit :cool:

I didn't know you were talking about me. I was just trying to finish my turret kills and when people blew the cerberus up it was either me or them.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-20-2015, 08:50 AM
ahh yes vacation is almost over

Tyrious
04-27-2015, 09:16 PM
your statement is why no one plays PvP

and the FACT that it is filled with about 80% with cheaters and that you deny it makes you questionable in my book I raraly play it it is no fun with the cheaters till TRION hunts them down and stops the cheating it will continue to be a waste of time for most people

Mrdr
04-28-2015, 07:44 AM
your statement is why no one plays PvP

and the FACT that it is filled with about 80% with cheaters and that you deny it makes you questionable in my book I raraly play it it is no fun with the cheaters till TRION hunts them down and stops the cheating it will continue to be a waste of time for most people

I just started pvp a couple of weeks ago but I played several hours worth and haven't run into any cheaters yet. I've played freight hard, military camp (or whatever it's called), shadow wars, etc. and haven't had a single issue with a cheater. It really sucks that so many are running into cheaters. I've had a great time so far--even when some rocket launching cloaker one shots me from 5 meters away. The best part was restarting nearby and killing him in revenge. Lol

Seriously though if you use cover and move well it's not that hard to play pvp. I'm never leader of the boards but it's not like I'm dying every 10 seconds either. I think I average getting killed 3 times or so per pvp. I usually average about the same in kills. But the point is my k/d started at like 0/7 and now I'm getting better. It just takes practice. I'll never be tops of the board but I still have fun. Might be harder to have fun with cheaters but as mentioned I have yet to run into one. If I do then I'll try that much harder to kill him. That would be ultimate satisfaction. :)

Tyrious
04-30-2015, 08:48 AM
the problem is they use aim bots and hacks that let them shhot thru walls and let them see you even if your cloaked the only way these people can have fun is by cheating and it ruins the game

EvilAg3nt
04-30-2015, 08:56 AM
freightyard needs an invisible floor at the spawn point up Top extending over the wall to Stop the misuse of certain " somethings " to spawncamp kill everyone there.
take 5 mins of your busy day trion and scope it out please.

Keziah
04-30-2015, 09:30 AM
I know what you mean.
Every match I go into, same people. I've been waiting for Trion to fix Shadow War. That's all I have left for pursuits. So, I've been jumping into fy & noticed same old people. Hoping this will change after a bit.

Jerrmy12
04-30-2015, 12:06 PM

Because low scrip, xp and keycode rewards, aren't worth being instakilled by explosives.

mystickaldj
04-30-2015, 12:45 PM
I just started pvp a couple of weeks ago but I played several hours worth and haven't run into any cheaters yet. I've played freight hard, military camp (or whatever it's called), shadow wars, etc. and haven't had a single issue with a cheater. It really sucks that so many are running into cheaters. I've had a great time so far--even when some rocket launching cloaker one shots me from 5 meters away. The best part was restarting nearby and killing him in revenge. Lol

Seriously though if you use cover and move well it's not that hard to play pvp. I'm never leader of the boards but it's not like I'm dying every 10 seconds either. I think I average getting killed 3 times or so per pvp. I usually average about the same in kills. But the point is my k/d started at like 0/7 and now I'm getting better. It just takes practice. I'll never be tops of the board but I still have fun. Might be harder to have fun with cheaters but as mentioned I have yet to run into one. If I do then I'll try that much harder to kill him. That would be ultimate satisfaction. :)

come to the xbox 360 and play pvp lol you will see what some people do and how they like to keep people in the spawn area. i played pvp in the mornings and stayed off at night til i got my pvp persuits done. now im just organizing, collecting, building up old weps to my ego. just trying to get everything worth while and then might sell some stuff lol

Draugul
04-30-2015, 06:06 PM
Must say, most of the time it`s doable. It`s when the staco adds up, to a point were one team cant play anymore. Cheaters want the world to believe, that they are real pro`s. (Still odd, ppl who want to be pro in a game... Is like being pro in toilet use...) But okay, they will try to hide their cheats. Its when they are getting irritated (oops I hit him, oops now he has died once in this game...) that they forget to hide their cheats. Irritate them enough, and the game ends up with spawn killing and/or getting hunted by someone who needs at least 3 head-shots by a sniper and who cant be sneaked up to, as they know were you are all the time.

It must be the control that turns them on. The control to take away an others fun. The control to break a game, others have worked so hard on to create. Sad is it not? When you realize, that they need this. On the one hand, the false feeling of being great, to feed their ego. And on the other the control... Maybe the only control they can have in their life.

A well. I believe we all have something. I play games to forget the nonstop pain. To forget the real world for a moment. These people use the game to feel better about them self in their real world.

To bad that their needs, takes away the needs from others. And still... they need us. But we don't need them And so, we can choose not to play. As many do.

konstantinov
04-30-2015, 06:24 PM
We're currently smashing people in pvp right now on ps3 NA. Queue up if you want to have some fun.

mystickaldj
04-30-2015, 06:31 PM
We're currently smashing people in pvp right now on ps3 NA. Queue up if you want to have some fun.

im not on ps3 otherwise i would join lol, im starting up on pc na though, im on pts and xbox lol

Cobra Crusher
05-01-2015, 12:45 PM
come to the xbox 360 and play pvp lol you will see what some people do and how they like to keep people in the spawn area. i played pvp in the mornings and stayed off at night til i got my pvp persuits done. now im just organizing, collecting, building up old weps to my ego. just trying to get everything worth while and then might sell some stuff lol

Ill never get the turret kill pursuits. The cerebus is about as durable as Hulk Hogans shirt.

EvilAg3nt
05-01-2015, 12:49 PM
what kills me is i watch these vids on the tube from 2013,look at the names/handles and smfh when i realize these Same people are still ingame today.

theres no excuses to believe,it would take 1 day of sitting in there watching pvp and youd have 90% of the cheaters.
and then the game could be Fun again for pvp-ers.
so why arent you?

PromMasamune
05-02-2015, 08:52 AM
I recorded videos for prove me , but they still don't believe my skill

And also blame me cheating everytime everyday

Sometimes They wants me to lose by standing still or AFK not helping me(or helping my team)

That's what happened in PC EU -*-

konstantinov
05-02-2015, 08:56 AM
Hey guys just thought I'd throw this out there but I'm a MLG sponsored by myself with money from my job.

EvilAg3nt
05-02-2015, 09:06 AM
Hey guys just thought I'd throw this out there but I'm a MLG sponsored by myself with money from my job.
hadnt heard the mlg term since halo daze,wowsa.

Kuroro
05-02-2015, 11:05 AM
I used to say the same(about unbalanced pvp) when i had nothing to use on pvp more than a feaster.Now that i have a bunch of guns and a good rhino booster,oj frag grenades too,i can face anyone on pvp so its just fine...for me it was:end pve pursuits and get good pve weapons,then with lv 5000+ get pvp stuffs.PvP is getting me bored anyway,i just enter to win scoring first because when i enter using a smg or just sword,i cant kill the one using big boomer or feaster or surge bolter or french hen...so i get mad and kick his *** with big boomer or feaster xD

Tex_Arcana
05-02-2015, 01:17 PM
PvP in this game is easymode.
The only challenge is getting close to ego cap; getting some half decent weaponry; and then doing the pursuits while ignoring all the PvP Player qq and bs.