PDA

View Full Version : PVP is GREAT. Don't screw it up because of people with no skill.

Cizoca
04-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Finally a MMO shooter that require Team Fortress Classic / Unreal skills.

Please don't listen to noobs from BF and CoD. If you want realistic games go away. It's a world full of aliens and crazy weapons. Saying that this gun or stealth is overpowered or not realistic it's not an excuse for your lack of skill because you can just use them as well. Let people bunny jump and roll like crazy. You can shoot them the same way and they can't shoot you back so there is no unbalanced situation there. The problem is because most of the people complaining here don't have the skill to shoot those targets in movement and they think it's easier to nerf the system than train to improve theirs skills. For me would be even better to have rocket jumps and other movement thinks from Classic shooters.

There is one think I would like to say to people that think different. If they make the game slower puting CDs ind rolls and make you slow when you jump your kills will increase for sure. But if you improve your skills and hit a rocket on the landing point of a bunny jumper and blow him out of the map you will find it much funnier than hit a guy that can't move.

We should be looking for weapon accuracy fix and aiming improvements to make sure that a skilled player can headshot a guy with his sniper or follow a jumping guy with his assault rifle shots. The weapons should be overpowered for specific situations. Shotguns for close, rifles for mid and snipers for long. If you choose your weapons correctly for your play stile you will success. But you should not expect to win a close combat with your assault rifle against a guys that have a shotgun. But I'm sure that the shotgun guy will find your assault rifle OP if you engage him from mid range and he wont be able to hit you because his bullets will spread.

Zombergy
04-05-2013, 09:13 AM
If you removed the insulting tone from the beginning of your post it would be a better read. Not everybody who brings up an issue of balance is a "skill-less noob".

Ch1naTownBoy
04-05-2013, 09:16 AM
i agree with zombie.

Ragenerdz
04-05-2013, 09:26 AM

Please don't listen to noobs from BF and CoD. If you want realistic games go away. It's a world full of aliens and crazy weapons. Saying that this gun or stealth is overpowered or not realistic it's not an excuse for your lack of skill because you can just use them as well. Let people bunny jump and roll like crazy. You can shoot them the same way and they can't shoot you back so there is no unbalanced situation there. The problem is because most of the people complaining here don't have the skill to shoot those targets in movement and they think it's easier to nerf the system than train to improve theirs skills. For me would be even better to have rocket jumps and other movement thinks from Classic shooters.

There is one think I would like to say to people that think different. If they make the game slower puting CDs ind rolls and make you slow when you jump your kills will increase for sure. But if you improve your skills and hit a rocket on the landing point of a bunny jumper and blow him out of the map you will find it much funnier than hit a guy that can't move.

We should be looking for weapon accuracy fix and aiming improvements to make sure that a skilled player can headshot a guy with his sniper or follow a jumping guy with his assault rifle shots. The weapons should be overpowered for specific situations. Shotguns for close, rifles for mid and snipers for long. If you choose your weapons correctly for your play stile you will success. But you should not expect to win a close combat with your assault rifle against a guys that have a shotgun. But I'm sure that the shotgun guy will find your assault rifle OP if you engage him from mid range and he wont be able to hit you because his bullets will spread.

Why should everyone have to use what everyone else is using? Your basically saying cloak isn't OP because everyone can use it. Why should everyone have to use Cloak and leave the other ego abilities to rot? Fact of the matter is, Cloak and Decoy as of right now are really the only viable options for PvP, that shouldn't be the case. The ONLY reason this is the case, is because of Cloak. Cloak and any type of stealth mechanic in any game will screw with balancing.

Don't talk about skill so early in a game. People are still learning, they aren't going to hop in and go 30-5. Every death I had in Shadow War was from a cloaked enemy. EVERY ONE. I am not going to use cloak just because it is OP, 21 seconds of stealth, come on now. In a game where you can die almost immediately, there should not be any type of stealth. Plain and simple. They need to take it out and imagine something else up. One thing I do hope they put in though, is the ability to prone. You wanna stealth, use prone and snipe.

Every time I see someone complaining about complainers, I laugh. Those people are the ones owning the complainers with the OP abilities and weapons. So stop crying because you want to stay OP.

Stew360
04-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Yeah you mean those no skills who use their Ego rating 2000 with like millions of ego perk stack + bunny hopping and OP weapons you mean those kind of no skills players ?

This kind of no skills players who dont want the game to be balanced properly and who want to farm kills on lower Ego rank and who have lower end weapons

is that the kind of peoples you are talking about ?

Reza
04-05-2013, 10:37 AM
The OP has some valid points.

If jumping, rolling and the fast TTK are altered or removed then the dynamic of the PvP will completely change.

For the better or the worse that's a matter of personal opinion. But IMO the less like CoD or BF this game plays the better. I too think it has more of a UT or TF feel to it atm and it's very much enjoyable.

Most of the issues at hand could be resolved by better match making based on an implicit ranking system where EGO rating is a potential variable.

I really am a proponent of buffing things to bring them in line with the strong stuff as opposed to the other way around. A general weakening of player power has consequences beyond the PvP in this game.

UsuallyDope
04-05-2013, 10:56 AM
If you removed the insulting tone from the beginning of your post it would be a better read. Not everybody who brings up an issue of balance is a "skill-less noob".

I'm willing to bet most of the people crying are Console Kiddies that started gaming with the first MW. I really hope they don't take the harder aspects of this game(what few of them there are) and go the typical MMO route and dumb content down by catering to casuals.

Hello301
04-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Not all console players are new to MMO's. There are plenty of us who have played both and just prefer using console as opposed to computers when it comes to a shooting type game.

Granberia
04-05-2013, 11:18 AM
If you want the game to not be dumbed down, then shouldn't you be all for cloak changes? The current implementation of cloak is completely mindless and requires nothing if the way of tactic, skill, nor forethought There is no waiting for opportune moments to cloak or using it as an intelligent escape tool.
It's activate cloak>walk up to someone>begin shooting>receive kill (unless they're perked for defense in which case you just do a bunch of damage).

The game has a bunch of elements from classic shooters but is missing the skill requirement that those games have. You can jam as much bunny hopping, strafe jumping, skiing, et cetera in your game as you wish. But it doesn't matter for crap if those mechanics and the weapons that accompany them don't require and scale with personal skill/aim.

UsuallyDope
04-05-2013, 11:21 AM
If you want the game to not be dumbed down, then shouldn't you be all for cloak changes? The current implementation of cloak is completely mindless and requires nothing if the way of tactic, skill, nor forethought There is no waiting for opportune moments to cloak or using it as an intelligent escape tool.
It's activate cloak>walk up to someone>begin shooting>receive kill (unless they're perked for defense in which case you just do a bunch of damage).

The game has a bunch of elements from classic shooters but is missing the skill requirement that those games have. You can jam as much bunny hopping, strafe jumping, skiing, et cetera in your game as you wish. But it doesn't matter for crap if those mechanics and the weapons that accompany them don't require and scale with personal skill/aim.

Im curious as to what games exactly you think have a "skill requirement".

Just FYI, with a 1600+ Shield and the fortitude perk, you'll laugh at cloaked scatter guns. I do. Then I shred them apart with my Synergy AR.

Fiancee
04-05-2013, 11:25 AM
I think Shadow War needs little bit of work, make it more vehicles based or then let players revive himself once per death. I would prefer first one, hopefully we get some awesome vehicles with guns and armors.

labotimy
04-05-2013, 11:25 AM
guys cloak is not OP. im not gonna name what IS OP other then to say its a perk, especially when used with other synergistic perks.

every MMO that has ever come out, pvp carebears come ah crying on the forums about how OP stealth is.

UsuallyDope
04-05-2013, 11:26 AM
guys cloak is not op. Im not gonna name what is op other then to say its a perk, especially when used with other synergistic perks.

Every mmo that has ever come out, pvp carebears come ah crying on the forums about how op stealth is.

nerf rogues!!!!!!

labotimy
04-05-2013, 11:27 AM
nerf rogues!!!!!!

lol, this statement is so accurate.

UsuallyDope
04-05-2013, 11:28 AM
lol, this statement is so accurate.

When I played WoW, back in the day, my first toon was a Lock, BC I decided to make a rogue. Ever since BC both of those classes have been nerfed/buffed at like the same time it feels. "Oh, look rogue nerfs? Bet my lock'll get some buffs." Three months later "Affliction nerfs...? And oh... look... assassination buffs." lol

Granberia
04-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Im curious as to what games exactly you think have a "skill requirement".

I referenced strafe jumping and skiing in my post and you're asking me what games I'm referring to? Come on dude.

Just FYI, with a 1600+ Shield and the fortitude perk, you'll laugh at cloaked scatter guns. I do. Then I shred them apart with my Synergy AR.

Okay, I'm aware that cloak doesn't make you an untouchable god.
Doesn't change the fact that cloak it is a completely mindless ability.

labotimy
04-05-2013, 11:32 AM
When I played WoW, back in the day, my first toon was a Lock, BC I decided to make a rogue. Ever since BC both of those classes have been nerfed/buffed at like the same time it feels. "Oh, look rogue nerfs? Bet my lock'll get some buffs." Three months later "Affliction nerfs...? And oh... look... assassination buffs." lol

its kinda like that with cloak/blur. blur atm is stronger so if they nerf cloak, ill just lol.

labotimy
04-05-2013, 11:33 AM
I referenced strafe jumping and skiing in my post and you're asking me what games I'm referring to? Come on dude.

do you know what else is mindless? asking to nerf something not OP.

Granberia
04-05-2013, 11:34 AM
do you know what else is mindless? asking to nerf something not OP.

You know what is several times more mindless? Assuming that "changes" means "nerfs"

UsuallyDope
04-05-2013, 11:37 AM

Camping is mindless too, we should just kick those people out of PvP instead of learning to deal with it huh?

L2Overcome

labotimy
04-05-2013, 11:41 AM
You know what is several times more mindless? Assuming that "changes" means "nerfs"

just read through your post history, apparently you hate shotguns and cloak. i find this lulz worthy when the only pvp maps available are two CQC DM maps. logic much?

Granberia
04-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Camping is mindless too, we should just kick those people out of PvP instead of learning to deal with it huh?

I...what? The point of my post was never to nerf cloaking or remove it from pvp. It saying that it should be made it to a more intelligent ability with multiple uses beyond just easy ambushes that require zero setup.

just read through your post history, apparently you hate shotguns and cloak. i find this lulz worthy when the only pvp maps available are two CQC DM maps. logic much?

The first post I made on on this forum was where I stated that shotguns were popular due to ease of use and the current map design

labotimy
04-05-2013, 11:49 AM
I...what? The point of my post was never to nerf cloaking or remove it from pvp. It saying that it should be made it to a more intelligent ability with multiple uses beyond just easy ambushes that require zero setup.

The first post I made on on this forum was where I stated that shotguns were popular due to ease of use and the current map design

its pretty simple brochacho, two CQC DM style maps equates to CQC, it shouldn't be that surprising that shotguns and blur/cloak are the meta.

if there was a wider diversity of maps, with longer shooting distances, vehicle combat etc, you would see a wider diversity in load outs and builds.

Granberia
04-05-2013, 11:53 AM
its pretty simple brochacho, two CQC DM style maps equates to CQC, it shouldn't be that surprising that shotguns and blur/cloak are the meta.

I...know that? I said so here in my very first post.

But jokes aside, it's extremely easy to get up in someone's grill thanks to cloak/blur and the huge spread on most shotguns makes it so that you barely have to even aim. Also the current battleground maps pretty much all force close quarters engagements. I can't really blame anyone for using what is effective

Broxx
04-05-2013, 11:55 AM

You have some points I can see you're trying to make, but its lost on your misplaced COD/BF hate. Just because you don't like a certain style of shooter gives you no logical reason to hate on people who play it. No one is asking this to become Battlefield or COD. That being said, "other people should just use it too" is a **** excuse. If that was the case then we would all be running around with rocket launchers and shotguns with stealth equipped.

In ANY game, whether its Defiance, Battlefield, Unreal Tournament, or even Tribes, ALL playstyles should be viable. That means that if I want to use an Assault Rifle and a BMG with Overcharge in Shadow War then I should be able to do so and excel according to my skill. Currently there's not enough data for any decisive conclusion on what's OP or not when it comes to weapon balance (though I do personally believe that AR accuracy needs a buff as using it at medium range is surprisingly unreliable), however, people giving feedback on what they're experiencing helps the devs narrow down what things warrant investigation (like stealth)

labotimy
04-05-2013, 11:55 AM
i honestly cannot fathom why you are opening your yap...

UsuallyDope
04-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Why hate on BF? That's like... the only console shooter I can stand. HUUUUUGE maps that help prevent camping? Bunch of actually fun vehicular warfare? "As-realistic-as-games-get" bullet physics? Battlefield is the t*ts man. CoD on the other hand.... I'd rather put that in a flaming bag on some kids porch than a bag of ****.

EDIT: This wasn't targeted at anyone specifically, just missed the BF bit in the OP. Why the BF hate :( lol

Granberia
04-05-2013, 12:05 PM
i honestly cannot fathom why you are opening your yap...

Welp, thank you for reminding me why I avoid official forums. This has been enlightening. I'm out.

UsuallyDope
04-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Welp, thank you for reminding me why I avoid official forums. This has been enlightening. I'm out.

Ta, ta, for now!

labotimy
04-05-2013, 12:16 PM
lol, i said it because you made 0 sense. "do i jump? i think i should i jump! WAIT i don't know if its a good idea"

Drall
04-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Making more weapon types viable would be nice, there is little to no reason not to use a shotgun and some form of explosive weapon at the moment.

Ttk+acc required for lmg/smg/ar is just poor.

hugdealer
04-05-2013, 05:25 PM
just have to find a weapon combo and skill combo you like, then learn what other peoples stuff does and know what to look out for. make sure to remap your buttons too.

dunno what people are complaining about but i'm using an assault rifle, and an smg and i do well.
sometimes i switch one out for an infector or sniper. invis isn't a huge issue, you can build against it in a few different ways.
just have a way to react to extremely close targets. decoy is harder to use, but it has far more potential imho.
decoy can reveal invis too.

Cizoca
04-06-2013, 06:15 AM
How come Cloak is OP?? What is the point of sneaking behind a target and one shot him when the rest of his team defending a flag will see you and **** you? You are complaining based on deathmatch games? Witch IMO is not fun at all..It's at best a quick way to test a build...The real PVP is shadow war and team play and some sense of strategy defending and attacking flags is much more OP than any other thing on the game...

Cizoca
04-06-2013, 06:29 AM
You have some points I can see you're trying to make, but its lost on your misplaced COD/BF hate. Just because you don't like a certain style of shooter gives you no logical reason to hate on people who play it. No one is asking this to become Battlefield or COD. That being said, "other people should just use it too" is a **** excuse. If that was the case then we would all be running around with rocket launchers and shotguns with stealth equipped.

In ANY game, whether its Defiance, Battlefield, Unreal Tournament, or even Tribes, ALL playstyles should be viable. That means that if I want to use an Assault Rifle and a BMG with Overcharge in Shadow War then I should be able to do so and excel according to my skill. Currently there's not enough data for any decisive conclusion on what's OP or not when it comes to weapon balance (though I do personally believe that AR accuracy needs a buff as using it at medium range is surprisingly unreliable), however, people giving feedback on what they're experiencing helps the devs narrow down what things warrant investigation (like stealth)

BTW I Love BF...I have played all of them a lot...I just miss a TF UT tipe of game and I completely agree with you when you say that you should be able to play the way you like...And that will be archived by improving weapon mechanics. When you say AR need buff on acc for mid range for example..That's what will balance the game...If we assume that player one has same skill as player two and player one comes jumping with a shotgun from mid range and players two has an AR...Player two should kill player one because he has the best weapon for mid range combat...But if player one sneak behind him on stealh...He should kill player two..

TacoThief
04-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Every map is 90% close quarters and people wonder why the cloak shotgun is imba. The OP is right though, we just need more practice at seeing invisible people.

Cqcnastyn8
04-06-2013, 07:09 AM
I'm willing to bet most of the people crying are Console Kiddies that started gaming with the first MW. I really hope they don't take the harder aspects of this game(what few of them there are) and go the typical MMO route and dumb content down by catering to casuals.

really? lmao you already sound liek a scrub. let me guess u run around spamming a shot gun right and use cloak. you're so good man so good

labotimy
04-06-2013, 07:16 AM
really? lmao you already sound liek a scrub. let me guess u run around spamming a shot gun right and use cloak. you're so good man so good

complaining about shotguns and cloak when the only maps are CQC based, makes you a scrub by default. just saying.

eclipsXe
04-06-2013, 07:52 AM
anything in this game that requires less aim in this game hits too hard IMO specifically shot guns, grenade lobbers, and infectors. since just about every other gun requires aim what's the point of using them when you can just blow somebody up or just run up on them.

I'm not sure on how to fix it besides toning the damage down on those 3 but if it doesn't change that's the only 3 weapons you will pretty much see in PVP and that pretty much FORCES you into making a specific build in order to combat those things and in a game that advertises the ability to be able to do well with any kind of build you see fit kinds of just throws all of that out the window. false advertising even.

Not only that but it will make the PVP dry and boring and it will get old quick which I would hate to see because I love the map designs and I do have fun. So in other words OP the PVP needs changes. At least on some of the weapons categories. If not nerfing those weapons buffing all the other ones to make them relevant

Only other thing I want for cloak is that i have some type of visual clue to know where you are.

Cqcnastyn8
04-06-2013, 08:02 AM
complaining about shotguns and cloak when the only maps are CQC based, makes you a scrub by default. just saying.

OH so you're just adapting right?? get out of here dude. its a crap OP combo. when 90% of everyone in the match uses it. What does that tell you? let me guess "its not op, its just he way you adapt" yah ok -_-

UsuallyDope
04-06-2013, 11:24 AM

Nope, actually I have Overcharge, and I run with an Epic infector and an Leg AR. Way to go assuming though, ******! I just come from a game genre where people actually learn to over come obstacles, not cry imba for nerfs like whiney little c*nts.

lololololol L2Spell/Grammar btw, chump. BTW, if either of us were to use shottys, wouldn't it make sense it'd be the **** with CQC in his name? Or do you not know what that means?

Phatman
04-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Agree with OP. Game is perfect the way it is, aside from not getting freight yard or shadow war :(

labotimy
04-06-2013, 12:46 PM
OH so you're just adapting right?? get out of here dude. its a crap OP combo. when 90% of everyone in the match uses it. What does that tell you? let me guess "its not op, its just he way you adapt" yah ok -_-

it tells me the maps are small. L2logic.

Honved
04-06-2013, 01:51 PM

So we're just throwing out random numbers?There has never been more then 4 people in a pvp match that I've played in with cloak, me being one of them sometimes. Quit crying about it and adapt, get aoe weapons or, idk open your eyes!!! It's not completely invisible.

UsuallyDope
04-06-2013, 01:59 PM
So we're just throwing out random numbers?There has never been more then 4 people in a pvp match that I've played in with cloak, me being one of them sometimes. Quit crying about it and adapt, get aoe weapons or, idk open your eyes!!! It's not completely invisible.

CQC is probably one of the people that run into cloaked people being like "Whys there a wall here?!?!" instead of shooting them lol

Escalith
04-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Imho just add a thermal scope kind of things for LMG/AR/SMG - And be done with it. That way it needs to be explicitely countered with something that is useless in any other situation, yet the lack of any periphal sight causes it to be more skill based and annoying to just slap it on and run and gun.

Altho a nice change to cloak would be something along the lines of (At least pvp wise) - the stealth drops after the first shot out of it; however you still remain invisble on the minimap so other teammates can't spot you. I can't recall the dozens of times I got kills just because of the red dot popping up on the minimap.

DANIMAL1018
04-06-2013, 02:40 PM
just cuz u suck at battlefield but cod blows how do snipers run around and mg **** camp corners role reversal

Technodude
04-06-2013, 03:18 PM
OP you catch more flies with honey..just saying.

sombra
04-06-2013, 05:08 PM
I agree with Zombie Not with Cizoca the no skill nube. Sorry for being insulting like you.

PheonixPhire
04-06-2013, 05:18 PM
I personally agree that this shouldn't be nerfed whatsoever I think that the pvp feels great. I will admit I use cloak but not as a way to sneak behind people. I use it to recharge my shields when they are low. So far the game seems all around fair.

PheonixPhire
04-06-2013, 05:29 PM
anything in this game that requires less aim in this game hits too hard IMO specifically shot guns, grenade lobbers, and infectors. since just about every other gun requires aim what's the point of using them when you can just blow somebody up or just run up on them.

I'm not sure on how to fix it besides toning the damage down on those 3 but if it doesn't change that's the only 3 weapons you will pretty much see in PVP and that pretty much FORCES you into making a specific build in order to combat those things and in a game that advertises the ability to be able to do well with any kind of build you see fit kinds of just throws all of that out the window. false advertising even.

Not only that but it will make the PVP dry and boring and it will get old quick which I would hate to see because I love the map designs and I do have fun. So in other words OP the PVP needs changes. At least on some of the weapons categories. If not nerfing those weapons buffing all the other ones to make them relevant

Only other thing I want for cloak is that i have some type of visual clue to know where you are.

I saw this and I thought I should tell you that there is a small distortion where the person is standing.... I know this because I have played a lot of Halo :3

eclipsXe
04-06-2013, 07:45 PM
I saw this and I thought I should tell you that there is a small distortion where the person is standing.... I know this because I have played a lot of Halo :3

I have discovered that lag or some type of bug is making players completely invisible.

sperk
04-06-2013, 07:49 PM
The PvP is awesome when it works, which it doesnt,

Classes are fine and if you don't think so learn to play and read your perks

But dammit trion fix the connection issues and bring back freightyard, some people actually got this game for the PvP not to kill mindless mutants and robots all night long

Moose Of Woe
04-06-2013, 08:04 PM
A general weakening of player power has consequences beyond the PvP in this game.

I assume you're referring to PvE - specifically the player's ability to bring AI critters down effectively. Trion could lower AI health tables accordingly if they nerfed weapon damage.

Lance Dracolith
04-06-2013, 08:15 PM
When I first began, I was ready to be an infiltrator/scout Shotgun that flanks, now I feel really bad because I've always loved being an infiltrator, but as of right now it seems that that type of build is getting hate. I do hope they balance it somehow but don't take it away. I don't do much pvp as a matter of fact, i see what you guys mean when i did my first match i went 10/4 and a day or 2 after (my second match) 12/2 so I see your side and hope both are appeased for the best.

sperk
04-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Honestly at this point, i just want to be able to actually do the Pvp freight yard was the best pvp map and its gone, shadow wars is broken, which leaves up with the tiny tdm maps which is close quarters and forcing cloak and shotgun, it wont be so op in the bigger maps if we could play them.

Fix my pvp pursuits

atlantix
04-06-2013, 09:06 PM
i agree with OP
this games pvp reminds me quake 2 / unreal style of pvp

fsol
04-07-2013, 12:48 AM
The only reason it feels like quake/unreal is because this.

Loads off ppl see the more dmg from above and shotguns+the unlimited jump(no stamina).
So its a no brainer,just jump and spam.

Meaning they push everyone in this playstyle.

As i said before if i wanted that kind of game i would have gone firefall/unreal/quake/tribes.
There are plenty off games out there to fit the lets hop around side of players.

Imo Defiance wasnt made to be part of that gamestyle,but its easy to play that way.
I admit in 2 matches i gave it a try and jumped like a baboon and sure enough went 1st and then 2nd place.

O god did that take skill........nope,so after them 2 matches i went back to playing non baboon.
Still got in 3th place.

Am i the person to tell others how to play..no deffinitly not.
Can i express the fact that baboonstyle is just plain idiotic and skillles but gets your epeen to the top yes.

In the end it wouldnt hurt for Trion to implement a stamincabar on jump in PvP.