PDA

View Full Version : Can you give your toon away?

Chocolatelover67
04-15-2015, 06:55 PM
Can you give your toon away if you decide to quit Defiance?

I am almost on the edge of leaving. Tried the new Alcatraz thingy and used my first HR to get into an "expedition" called I think "Below the war" and in less then 2 minutes I was slaughtered. The two other players there left the instance so I was on my own too.

But yeah Johanna got slaughtered. Plus the emphasis on paying for more stuff irked me when I tried to revive and found I had to buy more stuff if I wanted to stay inside the event..

So can I give Johanna away to a good caring home?

Chump Norris
04-15-2015, 07:13 PM
The only way on PS3 would be giving your PSN away and that would mean giving away everything you purchased. It sucks so many people are asking about giving their characters away..

SirServed
04-15-2015, 07:15 PM
Can you give your toon away if you decide to quit Defiance?

I am almost on the edge of leaving. Tried the new Alcatraz thingy and used my first HR to get into an "expedition" called I think "Below the war" and in less then 2 minutes I was slaughtered. The two other players there left the instance so I was on my own too.

But yeah Johanna got slaughtered. Plus the emphasis on paying for more stuff irked me when I tried to revive and found I had to buy more stuff if I wanted to stay inside the event..

So can I give Johanna away to a good caring home?
I will accept all of your possessions if you are leaving, let me know. If you would like to give Expeditions another try, you can also contact me to go in a group that knows which way to point their weapons.

Chocolatelover67
04-15-2015, 07:32 PM
I will accept all of your possessions if you are leaving, let me know. If you would like to give Expeditions another try, you can also contact me to go in a group that knows which way to point their weapons.

I'm in a good clan at the moment but I do like grouping up with others too....... If you see me online send a friend invite.

I'd love to try the whole expedition thing again and not be slaughtered haha.

Chocolatelover67
04-15-2015, 07:33 PM
The only way on PS3 would be giving your PSN away and that would mean giving away everything you purchased. It sucks so many people are asking about giving their characters away..

Why, who else has said this?

nathanpbutler
04-15-2015, 07:33 PM
I asked the same thing last night. I'm right there with you. I give Trion until next Tuesday night, one full week, to get a fix in there that stops the menu hard freeze on PS3. If it isn't fixed, I'm gone. Hell, even if it is, this might have been the last straw anyway.

Chump Norris
04-15-2015, 07:35 PM
Why, who else has said this?

There were some people in zone curious about whether or not Trion would transfer characters for people.

Chocolatelover67
04-15-2015, 07:38 PM
I asked the same thing last night. I'm right there with you. I give Trion until next Tuesday night, one full week, to get a fix in there that stops the menu hard freeze on PS3. If it isn't fixed, I'm gone. Hell, even if it is, this might have been the last straw anyway.

Well I've been on here since 11 March 2014 or thereabouts. I bought my copy of the game on disk and have about felt I have come to my end as far as gameplay. I think I've played enough and sometimes don't even bother signing in to get daily rewards.

Elucidate
04-15-2015, 07:39 PM
I'm in a good clan at the moment but I do like grouping up with others too....... If you see me online send a friend invite.

I'd love to try the whole expedition thing again and not be slaughtered haha.

Hit me up when I'm on too. I usually random expeditions sometimes for an added challenge. And despite being on a PUG group I still revive people. I'm at the same clan/team speak as Integral so you might get a two for one if you're lucky

Chocolatelover67
04-15-2015, 07:40 PM
Hit me up when I'm on too. I usually random expeditions sometimes for an added challenge. And despite being on a PUG group I still revive people. I'm at the same clan/team speak as Integral so you might get a two for one if you're lucky

Yep will do if I'm on.

Chocolatelover67
04-24-2015, 07:24 AM
It's been a huge decision for me mulling this over....... I really have done all I wanted in this game. I have decided to bid Defiance farewell.

Is there a way to hand your toon off to a new home? Or is it just left on the server if you leave? Game has been uninstalled..

FastFordsForever
04-24-2015, 09:33 AM
It's been a huge decision for me mulling this over....... I really have done all I wanted in this game. I have decided to bid Defiance farewell.

Is there a way to hand your toon off to a new home? Or is it just left on the server if you leave? Game has been uninstalled..

Sorry to hear of you leaving, you were a cool dude when I knew you in UL. Good luck and good gaming!

Bentu
04-24-2015, 12:41 PM
It is possible for Trion to transfer characters but they won't do it. I and a few others have asked for our EU characters to be moved to the NA servers but were told no.

YahootsMagoondi
04-24-2015, 05:52 PM
It is possible for Trion to transfer characters but they won't do it. I and a few others have asked for our EU characters to be moved to the NA servers but were told no.

my understanding of this is that it is a manual process. i remember them mentioning SQL at one time, so my guess is they have to dump the database records of your character into some kind of delimited file and then move it to the other server and import it back to the SQL on that server. depending on how many databases are involved and how many rows stuff like your inv, vehicles, outfits, achievements, etc. take up, i can understand how it could be time consuming and likely end up screwed up. i believe when they copy to pts sometimes people end up losing things or stats go wonky. i've recently been wondering about this because i've got 2 yrs invested in this game, and when they shut down the 360/ps3 servers eventually, i wonder if there will be an iota of a chance to get moved to pc if it stays active at that time or if that will truly be the end for all console characters.

hiban
04-25-2015, 01:43 AM
Don't quit forever. Just rest from the game for a time, probably in a few months you will return.

Nowadays i am in a similar situation, i don't play often day because there is not very much for me to do in the game, and RNG in expeditions can be very un-rewarding (doing 3 complete rounds and getting only one chip) so i'm just logging in for the weeklies, and maybe i spend one hunter req for an expedition every week.

I don't even do co-ops anymore because it takes too much time for a fraction of a handful of arkforge (since the arkforge/reward nerf, i stopped doing normal minors/majors).

But i know some time in the future i will return to play more often, i am just a bit saturated of it at the moment.

Vega
04-25-2015, 02:09 AM
          

Bentu
04-25-2015, 02:44 AM
my understanding of this is that it is a manual process. i remember them mentioning SQL at one time, so my guess is they have to dump the database records of your character into some kind of delimited file and then move it to the other server and import it back to the SQL on that server. depending on how many databases are involved and how many rows stuff like your inv, vehicles, outfits, achievements, etc. take up, i can understand how it could be time consuming and likely end up screwed up. i believe when they copy to pts sometimes people end up losing things or stats go wonky. i've recently been wondering about this because i've got 2 yrs invested in this game, and when they shut down the 360/ps3 servers eventually, i wonder if there will be an iota of a chance to get moved to pc if it stays active at that time or if that will truly be the end for all console characters.

Yes you're right, Phantasie mentioned some time ago that it's a manual process and as you say things don't always go to plan.
Re the console servers shutting down I really hope the update with windows 10 on xbox one is true and that xbox one players will be able to play pc games.
If so I'd be able to get my 360 character moved to the pts and play on the xbone. If they can't do that I'd just start new ones.

Burned In Effigy
04-25-2015, 09:46 PM

I had to do a ps3 wipe, erase patch disc, and redownload. Then something happened where IG didn't work, had to re-erase patch disc, and re-download again. Took 8 hours. Almost perma deleted game as well. Good luck in your journeys fellow ark hunter.