PDA

View Full Version : How to Score High at PvE Events (Arkfalls, Sieges, Incursions etc)

Daily420
04-15-2015, 08:12 PM
mq1vKYLYD4E

In this Defiance tips and tricks video, we are going to talk about "scoring high in group events (like sieges, incursions, arkfalls etc.). Sorry, no love for BMG's in this tutorial.

Summary:

First Part (Principles):
It's important we take a look at how the "scoring mechanics" work first - so you have an idea on how to play around them, and ultimately do things that produce more points.

Second Part (Application):
1. "Juice" the ground with nano-effects inducing shots. some of the items you can use include Sludge RL, Corruptor, Northstar Blaze, Bio Grenade (this is your secondary weapon)

2. "Cut down" enemies with high DPS weapon like "tachmags" (a Hellfire one is nice for enemies without shield, a plate slicer VOT Blaster for Volge)

NOTE: At 4:02 I mentioned something about "double Opportunist" bonus" - turns out this might just be the score climbing up the screen, and not really a double bonus running at the same time.

Also, I'm not really the best person in PvE, so there's a big chance I might need to make a follow video for this. Feel free to comment to "fill the holes" for the follow up video (if there's a need). Thanks!

tarmim
04-16-2015, 01:09 AM
How to score high:
Step 1: Stingray
Step 2: on ps3 spam L1

Step 3: tell your child/cat/dog etc to keep pressing that button
Step 4: go grap popcorn

adrokier
04-16-2015, 01:19 AM
How to score high:

lol, yeah glicht using .. I donīt use it cos I like to fire a lot of bullets to have action

Daily420
04-16-2015, 01:33 AM
How to score high:

Thanks for the input. Anything outside the BMG love fest though? :)

SUPREEM
04-16-2015, 01:44 AM
Use a good bmg. Not a funny comment, this will REALLY get you to #1 spot.

Adage
04-16-2015, 02:03 AM
Use a good bmg. Not a funny comment, this will REALLY get you to #1 spot.

Actually a corruptor and smg beats out a bmg for most of the current armistice events.

adrokier
04-16-2015, 02:10 AM
Actually a corruptor and smg beats out a bmg for most of the current armistice events.

If u r lucky to have a Plate Sliver BMG u can use the P/S glitch ^^

SUPREEM
04-16-2015, 02:57 AM

Is it time to retire my bmg/cf load out?

Dreypa
04-16-2015, 03:00 AM
The ultimate score ***** combo :
Feaster MKII
Corrupter / Autumns Scourge
Top of the board errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtime

SUPREEM
04-16-2015, 03:02 AM
If u r lucky to have a Plate Sliver BMG u can use the P/S glitch ^^

Don't use the g word, nerfers are watching :D

Telemachus
04-16-2015, 04:06 AM
WHY haven't they added back into the scoreboard just a damage done total column. Doesn't have to have anything to do with the scoring. Though it would be nice to know which players are whoring themselves out for points by using bmgs and, which are actually pulling their weight. Would be nice to know who to respect and who to dismiss.

They had it in there in the past. is it that difficult to add it in now. Again ?

Hire a original code monkey back or something ? ... j/k

Daily420
05-11-2015, 07:00 AM
WHY haven't they added back into the scoreboard just a damage done total column. Doesn't have to have anything to do with the scoring. Though it would be nice to know which players are whoring themselves out for points by using bmgs and, which are actually pulling their weight. Would be nice to know who to respect and who to dismiss.

Great idea buddy. I'd like this actually :)

Gaige12
05-11-2015, 07:52 AM
Shield Spanner/CF loadout works for everything. If lag tears start falling, fire up the SS/Bloodhound loadout.

Always a high score+bonus chat tears.

Profit. :p

On the serious side, for the Inflicteds or DM's, etc,... I like to spam the field with my HB Northstar with elec nano to warm everybody up and get them dancing, them mow them down with my RS Blast rifle/CF/big boomer. Much funz and great AF production.

Bentu
05-11-2015, 10:09 AM
mq1vKYLYD4E

In this Defiance tips and tricks video, we are going to talk about "scoring high in group events (like sieges, incursions, arkfalls etc.). Sorry, no love for BMG's in this tutorial.

Summary:

First Part (Principles):
It's important we take a look at how the "scoring mechanics" work first - so you have an idea on how to play around them, and ultimately do things that produce more points.

Second Part (Application):
1. "Juice" the ground with nano-effects inducing shots. some of the items you can use include Sludge RL, Corruptor, Northstar Blaze, Bio Grenade (this is your secondary weapon)

2. "Cut down" enemies with high DPS weapon like "tachmags" (a Hellfire one is nice for enemies without shield, a plate slicer VOT Blaster for Volge)

NOTE: At 4:02 I mentioned something about "double Opportunist" bonus" - turns out this might just be the score climbing up the screen, and not really a double bonus running at the same time.

Also, I'm not really the best person in PvE, so there's a big chance I might need to make a follow video for this. Feel free to comment to "fill the holes" for the follow up video (if there's a need). Thanks!

Your vid in the op didn't show up for me. YouTube brackets work better for those of us not on a pc.

Daily420
05-11-2015, 10:12 AM
Your vid in the op didn't show up for me. YouTube brackets work better for those of us not on a pc.

Hi there, sorry I'm not sure how other stuff of this forum works hehehe... Would it help if I just inserted this url of the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq1vKYLYD4E

What is "YouTube brackets" again? Ty :)

Bentu
05-11-2015, 10:35 AM
Hi there, sorry I'm not sure how other stuff of this forum works hehehe... Would it help if I just inserted this url of the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq1vKYLYD4E

What is "YouTube brackets" again? Ty :)

Yes the url link works but to embed it you can do it like this except don't use the asterisk

mq1vKYLYD4E[/youtube*]

[youtube]mq1vKYLYD4E

Tex_Arcana
05-11-2015, 03:46 PM
How to score high:

This crap won't get you top score at a Volge Siege/Incursion OR an Afflicted Siege Incursion.
I can guarantee that.
Even the suggestion of Shield Spanner/CF is not going to get best in show.
CF has good damage PER shot; but not good sustained dps. I've tried. Believe me. And I have an excellent OJ Bio CF.
A good semi-auto Sniper Rifle is better (with a good LMG, AR, or SMG as the "lead weapon").
And as far as Afflicted are concerned: Fire. Especially AOE Fire. 'Nuff said.

Daily420
05-14-2015, 12:08 PM
Yes the url link works but to embed it you can do it like this except don't use the asterisk

[youtube*]mq1vKYLYD4E[/youtube*]

Thank you, I will use this format for my next uploads then :)

Daily420
05-14-2015, 12:23 PM
This crap won't get you top score at a Volge Siege/Incursion OR an Afflicted Siege Incursion.
I can guarantee that.
Even the suggestion of Shield Spanner/CF is not going to get best in show.
CF has good damage PER shot; but not good sustained dps. I've tried. Believe me. And I have an excellent OJ Bio CF.
A good semi-auto Sniper Rifle is better (with a good LMG, AR, or SMG as the "lead weapon").
And as far as Afflicted are concerned: Fire. Especially AOE Fire. 'Nuff said.

What machine gun is your favorite pair for your sniper?

Johnny Gatt
05-14-2015, 12:42 PM
For volge sieges I used a bio saw and syphon saw and score high. I stopped when RNG stopped dropping ojs

Ark falls I no longer do because I am old school so RNG does not give me any decent rewards

On afflicted sieges back when I used to do them .......I used an invader and a video bio ar.

Bentu
05-14-2015, 02:30 PM
and a video bio ar.

I've got to get me one of these, vid em as you kill em.

On topic I've found the easiest way to come top in incursions is to be in there from the start. The Kenn farm infected ones I did with low ego toonz was to use a white sludge rl and a green invader.
Top of the board every time.
Same goes for mutant and volge except I used a bio ar/invader combo.
This is a good way for low egos to get their weapons levels to 20.

Sieges I don't worry about getting a top score but make sure I do enough for a top tier reward.
I use a bio ar for the most part and switch to a fire ar if there's time.
A lot of the time there's quite a few guys shooting volge that's not worth switching.
The fire ar comes into its own when I do inflicted sieges and you get dot from fire.

Daily420
05-21-2015, 10:40 PM
I've got to get me one of these, vid em as you kill em.

Hehehe vid em as you kill em, I like that :)