PDA

View Full Version : Really? Didnt see this coming huh?

SUPREEM
04-16-2015, 01:01 AM
Lots of complaints about the new expeditions. I can understand the frustration from the new players, but come on vets lol. Game goes f2p and you didn't expect a cash grab to soon come careening around the corner? And did you really expect to NOT DC from expeditions, at all. Lol I can't believe this is hitting everyone like a ton of bricks. Look, I'm not too pleased with the new content, but its no reason to hate the game. Still plenty to do, such as war master, co ops, the armistice event and pvp of course. :cool: #offingnoobs

tarmim
04-16-2015, 01:06 AM
#pvp#offingnoobs

adrokier
04-16-2015, 01:06 AM
lol most ppl not writing they "hate" the game ... most ppl write feedback ... u know the difference? And they write Feedback cos they luv that game and they want to play it ^^u lil fan boy u sweet

SUPREEM
04-16-2015, 01:22 AM
lol most ppl not writing they "hate" the game ... most ppl write feedback ... u know the difference? And they write Feedback cos they luv that game and they want to play it ^^u lil fan boy u sweet

Fan boy? Lol if you were familiar with my posts you'd know I'm far from that. #somebodytellem I been giving trion the heat since day 1 on the forums lol.

Edit: Pleased with armistice event, so I'm taking it easy on devs. For now lol. Don't worry, I'll get back to spitting venom about constant DC and such after the 20th.

duction
04-16-2015, 01:25 AM
Fan boy? Lol if you were familiar with my posts you'd know I'm far from that. #somebodytellem

This isn't twitter, #5tfu #nottwatter

adrokier
04-16-2015, 01:26 AM
Fan boy? Lol if you were familiar with my posts you'd know I'm far from that. #somebodytellem I been giving trion the heat since day 1 on the forums lol.

Yeah wud like to read some "real" feedback on game content and not only "funny" comments ^^

SUPREEM
04-16-2015, 01:32 AM
This isn't twitter, #5tfu #nottwatter

#cantstopwontstop :cool:

SUPREEM
04-16-2015, 01:35 AM
Yeah wud like to read some "real" feedback on game content and not only "funny" comments ^^

I give nothing but real feedback. Just more entertaining to annoy the names on the screen in the process.

adrokier
04-16-2015, 01:56 AM
btw we know that Trion wants to earn money ... sure and they shud ^^thats why I asked u bout serious comments ;) lol

Vikingo
04-16-2015, 02:03 AM
I am a new guy, started 2 months ago or so, reached EGO 5200, and I am a "Whale", I have played pretty much only f2p games the last few years, little over a 1000 hours in Planetside 2, about the same amount of Warframe and a few others which I havent spent much time in as I disliked their monitezation system.

Some level of moneygrab is to be expected with the f2p model but I find this new Defiance patch to be distasteful and it oozes of "stale, not very profitable game needs to be profitable nao" much like Planetside 2 when it wasnt profitable last year and everyone got spammed with "UPGRADE NOW" ads everywhere.

This alcatraz patch makes it pretty clear how far Trion will go to get money which compared to the likes of Planetside2 and Warframe is pretty damn far.

The game in it self is pretty fun despite being f2p grindy but I vote with my wallet and time and as I said I think the monetization strategy that came with the alcatraz is distasteful.

I usually dont do the whole "I am leaving b'cus this game sucks" drama, but now I am pretty angry and in need of venting steam as I spent money on the full season pass as well as 150 additional inventory slots and maxing out my keycode cap to 125 just a few weeks ago.

Atticus Batman
04-16-2015, 02:14 AM
I am a new guy, started 2 months ago or so, reached EGO 5200, and I am a "Whale", I have played pretty much only f2p games the last few years, little over a 1000 hours in Planetside 2, about the same amount of Warframe and a few others which I havent spent much time in as I disliked their monitezation system.

Some level of moneygrab is to be expected with the f2p model but I find this new Defiance patch to be distasteful and it oozes of "stale, not very profitable game needs to be profitable nao" much like Planetside 2 when it wasnt profitable last year and everyone got spammed with "UPGRADE NOW" ads everywhere.

This alcatraz patch makes it pretty clear how far Trion will go to get money which compared to the likes of Planetside2 and Warframe is pretty damn far.

The game in it self is pretty fun despite being f2p grindy but I vote with my wallet and time and as I said I think the monetization strategy that came with the alcatraz is distasteful.

I usually dont do the whole "I am leaving b'cus this game sucks" drama, but now I am pretty angry and in need of venting steam as I spent money on the full season pass as well as 150 additional inventory slots and maxing out my keycode cap to 125 just a few weeks ago.

Just so you know. If Mods consider it an "I am Leaving" post then you will get permanently banned from the forums. They are very strict on that.

SUPREEM
04-16-2015, 02:25 AM

I can understand your point of view as a new player (started after f2p launched) but its the vet players that have been around since the very beginning I'm speaking of. I myself am not a VET vet but I started shortly before f2p. After playing titles such as dcuo, I can't say I'm shocked by trions move. It was gonna happen sooner or later. I see vets in zone chat steaming about the new expeditions, not only about critting out after having paid for hunter reqs (that's BS btw lol) but also about how you have to pay money to revive or play more than once a week. All valid concerns. My thing is, did people expect anything different? I knew it was a cash grab the moment I first read about the Alcatraz update. I also knew, based on experience with war master dlc, that hunter reqs would be a waste due to constant dcing just like ark spike batteries.

hiban
04-16-2015, 02:32 AM
i'm ok with the ads in the loading screens. But the ads in the scoreboards are too much. They are annoying. They take almost half the space of the scoreboard!
There is a line between simply having ads in a free-to-play game and spamming ads to the point it gets disturbing in a negative way.
The ads in the scoreboards crossed that line.

Ryu Soba JP
04-16-2015, 02:37 AM
The Dev team have already stated they are working to fix the stability issue. I don't see what the problem is that everyone is so mad about? I played in the expeditions an never dc'd once.

SUPREEM
04-16-2015, 02:39 AM
i'm ok with the ads in the loading screens. But the ads in the scoreboards are too much. They are annoying. They take almost half the space of the scoreboard!
There is a line between simply having ads in a free-to-play game and spamming ads to the point it gets disturbing in a negative way.
The ads in the scoreboards crossed that line.

When I saw the scoreboard ad for the 1st time I dam near pissed myself with laughter. Its like "BAM, BUY ME NOW!!" Lol

Deadeye Joe
04-16-2015, 02:39 AM
No vet is surprised by the tone of the new content. However I think all of us were broadsided by the hijacking of faction contracts which have been available to all and linked to season one pursuits, which now can only be completed in expeditions. If it's 2 dailies out of 3 per day that's 14 at the end of the week and only 3 req points to use... Yea it's pretty audacious tbh.

I'm not surprised the new stuff is a tool of extortion, nor am I surprised about the quality of it (I was there when arkbreaker dropped after all), but adding cash breakers to original existing content strikes me as... Just crafty.

SUPREEM
04-16-2015, 02:40 AM
The Dev team have already stated they are working to fix the stability issue. I don't see what the problem is that everyone is so mad about? I played in the expeditions an never dc'd once.

Really? Good to hear someone isn't critting out of the expeditions.

SUPREEM
04-16-2015, 02:50 AM
No vet is surprised by the tone of the new content. However I think all of us were broadsided by the hijacking of faction contracts which have been available to all and linked to season one pursuits, which now can only be completed in expeditions. If it's 2 dailies out of 3 per day that's 14 at the end of the week and only 3 req points to use... Yea it's pretty audacious tbh.

I'm not surprised the new stuff is a tool of extortion, nor am I surprised about the quality of it (I was there when arkbreaker dropped after all), but adding cash breakers to original existing content strikes me as... Just crafty.

Yeah tying expeditions to contracts is a bit disappointing. However, I just look at it this way: I'm most likely missing out on a chance to get 1 crappy purp and some blues if I were able to complete the Alcatraz contracts, so ehh. I'll pass.

Vikingo
04-16-2015, 02:54 AM
Just so you know. If Mods consider it an "I am Leaving" post then you will get permanently banned from the forums. They are very strict on that.

A bit harsh but understandable, such posts isnt feedback and doesnt add anything to the community. But with this patch I think Trion crossed the line and my enthusiasm to play the game has died. If they want to ban me for saying that then fine, so be it.

duction
04-16-2015, 03:07 AM
When you hold the solder button to activate the ego power it shows you an advert to jump strait into the shop.

SUPREEM
04-16-2015, 03:36 AM
When you hold the solder button to activate the ego power it shows you an advert to jump strait into the shop.

They should place ads on the start screen.

Telemachus
04-16-2015, 03:39 AM
Messed around in the test server.

It wasn't right then ... though I never saw anyone around to test the new super co-ops with.

So I just had to solo as far as I could.

Ray8888
04-16-2015, 05:52 AM
And the patch just dropped. That's kinda what new means. Or exactly what it means.

Telemachus
04-28-2015, 02:08 AM
days and days in a row, doubt it , is just unpopulated .

Bonehead
04-28-2015, 11:53 AM
For the record;

I saw it coming.

r1p
04-28-2015, 01:52 PM
It could be worse. Everytime you open a T4 lockbox it could pop a dialog box that says "This lockbox brought to you by Brawndo the thirst mutilator!" and the vendors could all display "Carl Jr's - F@#$ you, I'm eating!".

DeMoNofDEATH
04-28-2015, 02:30 PM
btw we know that Trion wants to earn money ... sure and they shud ^^thats why I asked u bout serious comments ;) lol

Really? who would have thought the gaming industry was about making money... and not rainbows, unicorns and people volunteering long hours to make games that were free to download with new DLC's every month and FREE EVERYTHING.

I hear they're giving out free Lamborgini's too, check your e mail.

PithHelmetIrath
04-28-2015, 03:00 PM
For the record;

I saw it coming.

You are not the only one..

Atticus Batman
04-28-2015, 03:02 PM
It could be worse. Everytime you open a T4 lockbox it could pop a dialog box that says "This lockbox brought to you by Brawndo the thirst mutilator!" and the vendors could all display "Carl Jr's - F@#$ you, I'm eating!".

We just got a Carl's Jr in the town I live in, a week ago! Enjoy.