PDA

View Full Version : How about a new playable character? Bioman

Zulli jr
04-16-2015, 08:11 AM
Now that Alcatraz is here with lots of end game content, how about a character designed specifically for tanking?

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-16-2015, 08:23 AM
Were still waitin on the Indogenes they said would likely be the next race last year.

And ppl have completely forgotten about that appearantly and are pushing for gulanee now. Or whatever torq is (its slipped mybmind atm)

crasher
04-16-2015, 08:48 AM
Tanking?
As in - a playable character model?

Don't forget that the devs have to make a hitbox of appropriate size if you're going to play a larger animated character.

That means that it's either got to be the same size as all the other characters:
You don't want to have a hitbox the size of a barn that even casual shots can't miss,
or
You can't play a character the size of a small truck that has identical collision detection as a small character, (fits into tight places and thru doorways) and doesn't take scoring hits in it's extremities further outside the hitbox.

If a Bioman was a playable character in PvE - You just know that a playable Bioman as a fighter or tank will be the next called for item to play in PvP.
And you don't want to be have to deal with the arguments arising from shots landed on the Bioman character in PvP that you know hit on him but scored no damage. That'd just be inviting it's own firestorm of butthurt into the forums.

crazyged
04-16-2015, 08:51 AM
I want to play with Cassie...

I mean, play Cassie!

Fawks
04-16-2015, 08:53 AM
I would like to see the Indogene, sensoths and even the liberata

tarmim
04-16-2015, 12:52 PM
Hell yeah , ive always wanted to be a hellbug!!! :)

tarmim
04-16-2015, 12:53 PM
Were still waitin on the Indogenes they said would likely be the next race last year.

And ppl have completely forgotten about that appearantly and are pushing for gulanee now. Or whatever torq is (its slipped mybmind atm)

Torq is a sensoth :D

Onyxia
04-16-2015, 04:32 PM
In the show i believe they stated that most of the Indogene race died off? Could be wrong but that is why i thought that Indogenes were not a playable race.

Festival
04-16-2015, 04:47 PM
I'd expect Indogenes (and maybe the new race, the Omec) to be the likely playable race addition because they're human-sized. Sensoths, Biomen, and Volge are too big to use the existing player character wireframe and other elements (NPCs use a different and much simpler set of these elements in most all games). Liberata are too small (and canon Gulanee are OP). Making a complete new animation wireframe and modifying animations, textures, and so forth to make it work is a pretty huge development undertaking...don't expect it any time soon (and probably ever).

Escyos
04-16-2015, 04:54 PM
Considering that there are few Indogene on Earth, I doubt we will ever get them as a playable race. Biomen, Volge and Sensoth are larger and Liberata are shorter which (from what I remember) would be difficult to do because of various game reasons.

I'd say we will be getting the Omec as the next race. Id you don't know who they are: http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Omec

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-16-2015, 06:20 PM
Torq is a sensoth :D

Thank you :)

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-16-2015, 06:30 PM
Considering that there are few Indogene on Earth, I doubt we will ever get them as a playable race. Biomen, Volge and Sensoth are larger and Liberata are shorter which (from what I remember) would be difficult to do because of various game reasons.

I'd say we will be getting the Omec as the next race. Id you don't know who they are: http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Omec

Well omecs werent around last year when they said indogenes would be next. Probly why they chose them as they were the most human looking. I dont think the fact that there arent many left would have stopped them from making them a playable race at all. Alot of ppl pushed for them before castithans came out with dlc1. I remember expressing my dislike for the choice of indogenes to trion when it became a thing. I was never a fan of the way they looked, and didnt think thered be many options sinde theyre all blue and bald, lol. Now the indogenes have faded into the shadows, maybe they realized it was a bad idea and chose a new race?

Is there any pics of what omecs look like yet? Or do we have to wait for season 3 to start? My vote as it is now goes to gulanee

Escyos
04-16-2015, 07:18 PM
Well omecs werent around last year when they said indogenes would be next. Probly why they chose them as they were the most human looking. I dont think the fact that there arent many left would have stopped them from making them a playable race at all. Alot of ppl pushed for them before castithans came out with dlc1. I remember expressing my dislike for the choice of indogenes to trion when it became a thing. I was never a fan of the way they looked, and didnt think thered be many options sinde theyre all blue and bald, lol. Now the indogenes have faded into the shadows, maybe they realized it was a bad idea and chose a new race?

Is there any pics of what omecs look like yet? Or do we have to wait for season 3 to start? My vote as it is now goes to gulanee

No pics yet. But seeing as there are two main characters who are going to be Omec and an apparent army outside Defiance, I doubt the costumes/makeup will be that extreme, not like the Liberata or Sensoth. But then again their homeworld was taken over by the Volge (who don't tolerate oxygen), so who knows what they really are like.

And I doubt we will get any Gulanee, seeing as no outfit or headgear would work with them. They just wear their suits or sit in their pods.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-16-2015, 08:46 PM
No pics yet. But seeing as there are two main characters who are going to be Omec and an apparent army outside Defiance, I doubt the costumes/makeup will be that extreme, not like the Liberata or Sensoth. But then again their homeworld was taken over by the Volge (who don't tolerate oxygen), so who knows what they really are like.

And I doubt we will get any Gulanee, seeing as no outfit or headgear would work with them. They just wear their suits or sit in their pods.

Yeppers. Not much to do with them either. But they do look cool :)

Atticus Batman
04-16-2015, 08:50 PM

Didn't they already say NO to playable Gulanee back in February?

{SNIP}

Will the Gulanee ever be a playable race?

Although it would be pretty cool to play a race of pure energy, we have no current plans to add the Gulanee race as a playable character. Keep in mind that to stay consistent with lore, we can’t have you enjoy all of the awesome in game costumes and that you would have to remain in a containment suit all of the time. Imagine how bad it must smell to be in a containment suit all the time. Think about it. Eww. {SNAP}

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-16-2015, 09:00 PM
Didn't they already say NO to playable Gulanee back in February?

Yes if i recall thats when everyone was asking for them to be playable and they said nope. But it still gets my vote, lol. :)

I do remember that thread now that you posted it. I remember thinkin itd be alot like the exo race. Just different color schemes and markings on the suit shell