PDA

View Full Version : Curse Voice?

AKMARK5000
04-16-2015, 08:27 AM
I wasn't to sure where to put this, but here it goes... has anyone successfully used Curse Voice?

It's totally free and gamers and some Twich Live Streamers use it, so, I tried it.

The sound is really good (Skype quality), but I have not been able to get the overly functionality.

The only post that I found was a Defiance Forum Suggestion dated May 2014 (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160417-My-suggestions-ideas&highlight=Curse+Voice).

MagnusRune Daltus
04-16-2015, 08:53 AM
well the game has a built in chat. so its not really needed.

if you want one, teamSpeak3 is pretty good, and used much more widely.

crazyged
04-16-2015, 08:55 AM
well the game has a built in chat. so its not really needed.

You mean the chat function that sounds like Aquaman's strangling his wife?

MagnusRune Daltus
04-16-2015, 09:16 AM
You mean the chat function that sounds like Aquaman's strangling his wife?

its fine on console, dont know how it is on PC.

but also peoples mics have a large large part to play.

i use turtle beaches, and when they broke, while i was waiting for new ones in the post, i used the genric ones that xbox comes with. no one in clan chat recognized my voice.

Mister Derpenhowser
04-16-2015, 03:36 PM
its fine on console, dont know how it is on PC.

but also peoples mics have a large large part to play.

i use turtle beaches, and when they broke, while i was waiting for new ones in the post, i used the genric ones that xbox comes with. no one in clan chat recognized my voice.

No way is it fine on console. Me and the missus are plagued by neverending background static thats so loud it may as well be foreground static.

MagnusRune Daltus
04-16-2015, 04:07 PM
ahh that happens if someone else is using a wierd controller, and a wiered headset.

on xbox, if someone does the play n charge thing, everyone else hears that buuuuuzz

Duke_Shambles
04-16-2015, 04:21 PM
a decent PC VoIP client is way way way way way better sound quality than the in game Voice chat. Also, people smart enough and tech savvy enough to use them typically also spring for better mics.