PDA

View Full Version : Characters on different platforms

Rappiidz
04-16-2015, 08:38 AM
Ok so I bought this game when it came out on the xbox 360. It is free now and I want to play it on the PC but I was wondering if my character would be able to cross over from xbox to PC. If I have to make a new character then that is fine but would I still have the benefits of buying the game? And the benefits that my original character had?

YahootsMagoondi
04-16-2015, 08:45 AM
nothing crosses platform. any codes you've redeemed, dlc's purchased, not progress or pursuits. it is a clean slate each time.

Rappiidz
04-16-2015, 09:14 AM
Ah well :D Will I have redeemable codes that come with my account tho? Or will I have absolutely nothing to claim and it will be a 100% fresh start with no bonuses to claim or anything?

FastFordsForever
04-16-2015, 09:44 AM
I'm with you, I would love to be able to transfer an old character from PS3 to PC. Console politics can be avoided since I have the season pass on both platforms. I could care less about the "xxxxxxxxx" clan issue. So what's the problem? Why can't the transfer for bits advertisement be popping up everywhere with everything else?

Rappiidz
04-16-2015, 10:29 AM
It would be great if they made this work because I don't play xbox anymore which basically means I wasted my money on this game :/ Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the game whilst I played it but I would prefer to play it on the computer but not getting the benefits that I paid for is a real downside :/

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-16-2015, 10:40 AM
Any arkcodes linked to your account will be available on all platforms. (Season 1,2, Tricked out items, armistice 2015, and alcatraz code items will be. But pre order bonuses dlc, and dlc items such as the lockboxes, and casti charge pack will not

FastFordsForever
04-16-2015, 01:03 PM
Any arkcodes linked to your account will be available on all platforms. (Season 1,2, Tricked out items, armistice 2015, and alcatraz code items will be. But pre order bonuses dlc, and dlc items such as the lockboxes, and casti charge pack will not
I'd be okay with that. I realize it's probably never going to happen but every time I see a new thread on the transfer platform topic I think, "why not?". It would be awesome.

FastFordsForever
04-17-2015, 10:24 AM
It's funny, I just read an email from TESO. With the upcoming ps4 release of TESO, they are offering pc players the $20 option to transfer, plus be able to play them both, (although permanently separate after transfer.) I figured it was relevant, ironically relevant.

Fallen_Aingeal
04-17-2015, 10:34 AM
Any arkcodes linked to your account will be available on all platforms. (Season 1,2, Tricked out items, armistice 2015, and alcatraz code items will be. But pre order bonuses dlc, and dlc items such as the lockboxes, and casti charge pack will notThis isn't entirely accurate.

The season codes are deactivated, so trying to claim them will result in nothing.

I believe there was also a deadline on the Trick'd Out items.

The Alcatraz code should still work. I haven't heard of a deadline being put on it yet.

WhiteKnight019
04-17-2015, 11:23 AM
It's funny, I just read an email from TESO. With the upcoming ps4 release of TESO, they are offering pc players the $20 option to transfer, plus be able to play them both, (although permanently separate after transfer.) I figured it was relevant, ironically relevant.

TESO said it was free for me to transfer to XB1.... maybe because I was there since launch... not sure.

FastFordsForever
04-17-2015, 11:36 AM
TESO said it was free for me to transfer to XB1.... maybe because I was there since launch... not sure.

Just double checked and its $20 for me, played since day one also, not beta though. Either way it's a super cool option to have that I would love to use here in Defiance.