PDA

View Full Version : BMG Graphic Effects need more work.

Lithova
04-16-2015, 02:14 PM
Can we please get these graphical effects from the healing side of the BMG disabled or completely toned down to the point its no longer obnoxious? The community has been asking for this for awhile and it still hasn't been fixed. I know there has been some attempt at toning them down but lets be honest here, they are still very obnoxious. Guys come on, fix this garbo.

I've been noticing this trend lately that a lot of players no longer actively partake in the major arkfall events like Hulker Hell, Colony Courtship, Solstice Strike, New Frontier Harvest. Simply because of the BMG spam that seems to take place at those locations. You'll see many players standing on the edges of the arkfall areas they do a few thousand points of damage and then just sit on the border until the event is over.

Adage
04-16-2015, 02:22 PM
Seconded

(10 char)

Dixie Cougar
04-16-2015, 02:33 PM
+1 /10char

Mister Derpenhowser
04-16-2015, 03:00 PM
Did they really do anything first time around? I saw no difference

Alastar
04-16-2015, 03:38 PM
Walk up shoot something in the face and walk off. Reap rewards and carry on ;)

Azareal Farseeker
04-16-2015, 05:17 PM
Agreed with the fix thing please. Why it's gotten so bad that *ahem* some people have even gone to the extent of killing BMG users with the pumpkins or even training hulkers to them.

Why not just remove the heal graphics and stick an icon in the corner of the UI that turns blue when you're being healed and another that turns orange when the honeycomb shield is in effect ? Simple, effective and I'm pretty sure no one's going to complain about this.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-16-2015, 06:09 PM
Something needs to be done. Not only are the graphics obnoxious, but theyre a high strain on the server and the prime suspect for critical errors.

Graywolfe
04-16-2015, 08:31 PM
How about they make the BMGs only heal the person using them that way there would be no beams.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-16-2015, 09:34 PM
How about they make the BMGs only heal the person using them that way there would be no beams.

That would render them useless to the ppl using them. Lol. Itd def put a stop to the problem. ;)

But seriously...... thats what health stims are for

Nefarious
04-16-2015, 10:24 PM
Speaking of BMGs I noticed earlier that the trapper BMG now applies a Bio effect only as long as the link stays connected. Before you could just do a quick little zap to put targets into a 3 second Bio effect. But now once the link stops so does the effect.

Festival
04-17-2015, 06:56 AM
Agreed with the fix thing please. Why it's gotten so bad that *ahem* some people have even gone to the extent of killing BMG users with the pumpkins or even training hulkers to them.

Oh, surely not! Why, I would never switch to a Cloak loadout, aggro a couple-three hulkers, head for a BMG scrublord, then cloak. Neither would I run up to a downed one, start reviving him, then interrupt the revive...several times.

That would be mean.

Alastar
04-17-2015, 07:02 AM
Oh, surely not! Why, I would never switch to a Cloak loadout, aggro a couple-three hulkers, head for a BMG scrublord, then cloak. Neither would I run up to a downed one, start reviving him, then interrupt the revive...several times.

That would be mean.

Sounds suspiciously like a tea bag. :rolleyes:

r1p
04-17-2015, 07:04 AM
Sounds suspiciously like a tea bag. :rolleyes:

I keep trying to convince the leaders of my clan that we should just change our clan's name to the "East Indian Trading Co.". Sadly, they haven't responded to my request.

Graywolfe
04-17-2015, 07:04 AM
That would render them useless to the ppl using them. Lol. Itd def put a stop to the problem. ;)

But seriously...... thats what health stims are for

Well not useless thats what I do now with a tele spaner since they don't link and only heal me it can be handy at times and it does not cause anyone problems. Course I hate that the tele spaner can get a + link roll when it does not link at all, waste of a roll.

BaronFrosch
04-17-2015, 07:06 AM
they should give an Option to turn off BMG effects in the Settings Menu

Festival
04-17-2015, 08:00 AM
I keep trying to convince the leaders of my clan that we should just change our clan's name to the "East Indian Trading Co.". Sadly, they haven't responded to my request.

#ISWYDT

Bravo!

3rdpig
04-17-2015, 10:04 AM
I hate the healing/protection graphics of the BMG. I never heal anyone when using a BMG, including myself because I don't want to add to the blinding, intersecting healing beam BS and because why heal the competition? ;)

I much prefer bullet weapons and would like to use them at major events, but I need to be able to SEE enemies in order to hit them with a bullet weapon.

Please Trion, tone down the graphics for us.

Alastar
04-17-2015, 11:15 AM
The down is a bit on the weak side I think. Turn them off entirely and nerf the BMG's ability to score while you're at it bahaha

Lady Alastor
04-17-2015, 11:31 AM
I've been noticing this trend lately that a lot of players no longer actively partake in the major arkfall events like Hulker Hell, Colony Courtship, Solstice Strike, New Frontier Harvest. Simply because of the BMG spam that seems to take place at those locations. You'll see many players standing on the edges of the arkfall areas they do a few thousand points of damage and then just sit on the border until the event is over.

That's because you get a "Random Gear Lockbox" upon completion. I've received several orange weapons for stepping into a final phase and firing a few rounds, maybe scoring about 1000 along with the completion bonus. I wouldn't wait on the border for 20 minutes, but I do prefer getting T4 mods and Legendary weapons when I travel from one side of the state to the other

CowdBlud
04-17-2015, 11:31 AM

bingo!
since its not a problem for everyone.

crasher
04-18-2015, 06:24 PM
Never been suggested before.