PDA

View Full Version : What's your top tier Expedition build?

Altras
04-16-2015, 06:25 PM
Diversity and teamwork is key in the higher rounds.
What roll do you like to play?

http://i.imgur.com/5ui1OIRl.jpg (http://imgur.com/5ui1OIR)

JOCCO5150
04-16-2015, 06:58 PM
I haven't been too far yet, tier 27. But the oj rig I got is a good rig for a medic, so I might have to assume that role. It can hold 3 self revive chips. Right now I have 1 t4 +2.5% self revive installed. After a few more expeditions I will be able to afford 2 more of those chips. That rig, along with my heartbreaker syphon smg(or ar once I get the mag for it), and my guardian angel should replenish my self revive in no time. Now I just need to find a good bmg for healing(if there is such a thing) I already have a full set of t4s to put on.

Not my chosen role, but until I get a new rig I might just do it

ratpie
04-16-2015, 07:06 PM
i haven't had a chance to play them yet, but my load-out would be

1: aoe
17 mag crimefighter syphon/ recon assault rifle bio/ lightning rifle bio/ somekindadetonator.

and

direct dmg 2:
flash rifle lightning/ heartbreaker AR lightning/ bio plateslicer lmg/ hellfire smg/ eec smg syphon.

JOCCO5150
04-16-2015, 10:27 PM
i haven't had a chance to play them yet, but my load-out would be

1: aoe
17 mag crimefighter syphon/ recon assault rifle bio/ lightning rifle bio/ somekindadetonator.

and

direct dmg 2:
flash rifle lightning/ heartbreaker AR lightning/ bio plateslicer lmg/ hellfire smg/ eec smg syphon.

Crimefighter would not be good if you want to complete the expedition. DC city

Konzeptionz
04-16-2015, 11:22 PM
I think in time, when people are more skilled at expeditions, maximum DPS will be the only way to go. Of course you can consider things like faster self-revive recharge, but logically DPS should be favoured. You can look at it from an extreme perspective. If you have infinite damage, you probably won't die. If you had infinite self-revive, you would likely still finish the mission, albeit much slower.

Personally I've been using my standard open world gear; Rad QM quickshot blaster, and Dancing lady. Swapping to reckoning for boss.

crazyged
04-17-2015, 12:46 AM
Crimefighter would not be good if you want to complete the expedition. DC city

Plus, in some of the tighter areas, you'd stand more chance of blowing yourself up!

Duke_Shambles
04-17-2015, 01:35 AM
Here's a few I've been playing around with that seem to do well.

Aggressive:
Blackened Hellfire AR
3x DMG Radiant Solstice GL-1 Ground Pounder
Guardian Angel
Overcharge
Flashbangs
Ammo Spike
Armor Repair Stims
Offensive Perk Set Up

Recharger:
2x DMG 2xFull Damage Radius Hardboiled Big Boomer
full auto Syphon Hardboiled Frontier Battle Rifle
Guardian Angel
Flashbangs
Ammo Spike
Armor Repair Stims
Defensive Perks

Dekuso's Offspring:
Bio Votan Blast Rifle
Blackened Hellfire Tachmag Pulser
Guardian Angel
Flashbangs
Damage Spike
Armor Repair Stims
Defensive Perk Set Up.

Adage
04-17-2015, 02:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/h8XF0oBl.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/h8XF0oB.jpg)

As an aside, if someone in the group I was in was using a BMG I would ask them, as nicely as possible, to put it away. If it keeps me from seeing the grenade on the ground, all you're going to be left doing is healing my corpse.

Dixie Cougar
04-17-2015, 02:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/h8XF0oBl.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/h8XF0oB.jpg)

As an aside, if someone in the group I was in was using a BMG I would ask them, as nicely as possible, to put it away. If it keeps me from seeing the grenade on the ground, all you're going to be left doing is healing my corpse.

Pretty much. I think there's a clerical error going on here if you know what I mean.

crazyged
04-17-2015, 02:30 AM
I start with a strongly worded email and failing that, I consider legal action.

Failing that, I use guns.

Big guns...

NullWolf
04-17-2015, 03:10 AM
When I went and used my reqs on the first day shield wise I was pretty unprepared. I was still using the same 4k ego OJ Rhino Brawler shield i'd been using since I'd gotten it. Having said that, even with the terrible shielding my duo of Demon Hunter MKII and my oj Hellfire tachmag with the multiple crit and damage rolls carried me pretty far into the rounds since as fast as an enemy could drop my shields my weapons could heal me right back.

Since then I've went and gotten me a Guardian Angel right at my ego lvl (5500) and been toying around with some of the selfreviving perks.

While I don't have the best rig/chipset, its certainly better than nothing. Blue rig that gives a slight increase in shield reg speed, ammo generation, and a crit bonus every time I reload. To top it off its mainly filled up with decent to good blue and purple chips.

Would really love to toy around with the purple smg and pistol chips since they're my main goto weapons but I won't be buying em outta the shop unless I stumble upon a good oj rig first.

Altras
04-17-2015, 06:53 AM
I only bmg if its really REALLY needed. Otherwise I stick to blowing shtacko up ^_^

bigbri2k5
04-17-2015, 06:57 AM
Perks: Self Medicated, Turn the Tide, cellular armour, regeneration, shadow's core, infiltrator, blast shield, blood lust, execution
Power is cloak

Consumables: Heal stim, Bio Grenades and Damage spikes primarily, will switch to shrill and ammo spikes if i run out. Ablative armour stims as necessary

Equipment
Primary is an OJ BHF SAW, secondary switches between Devils Advocate Mk II, or OJ Big Boomer depending on the situation. May also use my Empousa for CC. GA for shield

Rig:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d57/bigbri2k5/Defiance/rig.png (http://s33.photobucket.com/user/bigbri2k5/media/Defiance/rig.png.html)

Mister Derpenhowser
04-17-2015, 07:15 AM
Weapons: Ghost Duster Mk II fully t4d with recoil, dmg, mag & sight(need to reroll mastery), Milking Maid fully t4d with melee, dmg radius, mag, velocity and 12% less dmg reloading mastery

Shield: Guardian Angel

Nades: Bios

Spikes: Ammo

Stims: Armor Repair

Ability: Cloak

Perks: Infiltrator, Shadows Core, Combat Medic, Pheonix Boost, Cellular Armor, Self-Medicated, Fortitude, One For All & Turn The Tide.

I also have a purp prime evolver rig with 8/10 slots filled but thats subject to change.

King Stud
04-17-2015, 07:29 AM
To people who are using one for all: does it work for you? Because other posters in the forum has said that it's currently glitched and does not actually revive multiple people at once.

Sliverbaer
04-17-2015, 07:53 AM
To people who are using one for all: does it work for you? Because other posters in the forum has said that it's currently glitched and does not actually revive multiple people at once.

It doesn't. I was hoping it would work, but I understand why it won't. Since when you revive yourself or a member of your group, you use up your 'self-revive'. You'd technically need multiple 'self-revives' to use it.

Soon to be available in the bit-store: Additional Self-Revive Slots.

Adage
04-17-2015, 12:24 PM

Well that kind of rains on my parade. Guess I have a free perk slot now at least.

Dixie Cougar
04-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Try turn the tide instead and if possible revive each other to benefit from it.

konstantinov
04-17-2015, 12:54 PM
I start with a strongly worded email and failing that, I consider legal action.

Failing that, I use guns.

Big guns...

Try using emojis.

ATL_SC430
04-17-2015, 01:38 PM
I have a BMG that has a 2% self revive refresh on kill mastery bonus from long ago before they removed it, that I've kept close to my ego level as I've leveled up. While I wouldn't even consider using it for healing due to the visuals (plus I have a T4 mod that increases damage by 1.2x and lowers healing), I've been considering its use as a self-revive quick charger... but whether that would work depends on my ability to get quick kills obviously, vs. chaining it through a crowd of bullet sponges where I probably wouldn't get the kill shot and activate the perk anyway. I've used this out in the open world to bring back my self revive super fast against certain enemies where I can get numerous chain quickly like hellbugs & mini scrappers- the perk message flashes like crazy. But with other enemies like even the basic plaguers, it kills them too slowly to be of any use when the threat level has scaled up.

Since I'm waiting until the armistice event is over to do Alcatraz (I get enough disconnects and console freezes as is without wasting requisitions) there's one thing I'm wondering, from those who have done it- do any of the Alcatraz co-op types contain high volume, relatively low HP mobs I can use to recharge my self revive this way? I'm expecting bullet sponges in general, but if there are any encounters where they're accompanied by swarms of BMG fodder type enemy that could give me a way to charge self revive without equipping two hard boiled weapons, or using a heartbreaker weapon which I don't trust since, unlike with my BMG, those never flash the self revive on kill synergy message.

Dixie Cougar
04-17-2015, 01:41 PM
I have a BMG that has a 2% self revive refresh on kill mastery bonus from long ago before they removed it, that I've kept close to my ego level as I've leveled up. While I wouldn't even consider using it for healing due to the visuals (plus I have a T4 mod that increases damage by 1.2x and lowers healing), I've been considering its use as a self-revive quick charger... but whether that would work depends on my ability to get quick kills obviously, vs. chaining it through a crowd of bullet sponges where I probably wouldn't get the kill shot and activate the perk anyway. I've used this out in the open world to bring back my self revive super fast against certain enemies where I can get numerous chain quickly like hellbugs & mini scrappers- the perk message flashes like crazy. But with other enemies like even the basic plaguers, it kills them too slowly to be of any use when the threat level has scaled up.

Since I'm waiting until the armistice event is over to do Alcatraz (I get enough disconnects and console freezes as is without wasting requisitions) there's one thing I'm wondering, from those who have done it- do any of the Alcatraz co-op types contain high volume, relatively low HP mobs I can use to recharge my self revive this way? I'm expecting bullet sponges in general, but if there are any encounters where they're accompanied by swarms of BMG fodder type enemy that could give me a way to charge self revive without equipping two hard boiled weapons, or using a heartbreaker weapon which I don't trust since, unlike with my BMG, those never flash the self revive on kill synergy message.

1. Thank you for not healing.
2. No, it's not like a coop where you have swarms of relatively weak mobs that can be AOE'd down. I'd say the kill total for each round is about 350 in 20 minutes as opposed to Motherlode where you can get around 1000 kills in the same time. I love my Big Boomer but I run auto/sniper in expos. Nice change of pace actually, I missed viable pve sniping.

ATL_SC430
04-17-2015, 02:41 PM
Yeah definitely doesn't sound optimal... and besides, if the experience of playing Alcatraz basically ended up being me trying to keep restoring my self revive over and over at the expense of all other gameplay, I wouldn't really be accomplishing anything other than stalling for time.

JOCCO5150
04-17-2015, 03:19 PM

The only things I can think of that would suit your need for quick kills is the hatchlings that swarm you in the hellbug expeditions.

Altras
04-19-2015, 01:57 PM
So I joined a random group today, and they were running hatchling farm. Thwy did surprisingly well for the round I was there, has anyone else tried this?

Duke_Shambles
04-19-2015, 08:46 PM
So I've been using my GL-X Corrupter to great effect in there. Slows the charge of the mobs while the bio and plate slicer rip off armor so the DPS guys can do their thing. When entering a large room I like to slick out the path to our group and then hang back with the Ghost Duster and put'em down. I'm looking for a better option for the tight hallways and tunnels than the Corrupter, has anybody tried the precious for CC. On paper it seems pretty good as a utility weapon, should AOE stun mobs with fire, with bio to knock off plates with out the mess from the Corrupter. As a bonus, nano-effect kills should recharge Self revive quick if needed. Any one try it yet?

Altras
04-22-2015, 06:26 AM
So I've been using my GL-X Corrupter to great effect in there. Slows the charge of the mobs while the bio and plate slicer rip off armor so the DPS guys can do their thing. When entering a large room I like to slick out the path to our group and then hang back with the Ghost Duster and put'em down. I'm looking for a better option for the tight hallways and tunnels than the Corrupter, has anybody tried the precious for CC. On paper it seems pretty good as a utility weapon, should AOE stun mobs with fire, with bio to knock off plates with out the mess from the Corrupter. As a bonus, nano-effect kills should recharge Self revive quick if needed. Any one try it yet?

A friend of mine uswd on in an expedition yesterday, didnt seem too effective passed round 3

Logain
04-22-2015, 07:32 AM
I use primarily two loadouts for expeditions (1 & 2) out of the 3-4 that I have. In the meantime here are my four loadouts:

1. Sniper My primary all around loadout and the one I usually use for boss fights. 2x dmg BHF tachmag, and my 3x mag Bio Plate Slicer Ranger paired with Overcharge and Guardian Angel shield. My primary goal as a sniper is take out turrets, bombers, and remove big guy armor plates as fast as possible. Use the tachmag for close encounters and life gain. I make use of the plate slicer 4th synergy on Ranger to get additional armor plates and use the mobility of the tachmag to shoot from hip get close and personal but dodge attacks.

2. Electro When I have a good team I go with this loadout. Empousa and Demon Hunter, OC and GA. I use the Empousa on everything to proc eccentricity. When enemies are dancing they are not doing damage. I swap over to the Demon hunter for close encounters to finish off dancing enemies as well as for a different ammo pool. Note: only one electric user per group or you lose too much DPS.

3. Sludger Autumn Scourge and Ghost Duster MK2 (non tradeable) GA shield and Decoy. Go to New area send out decoy to attract enemies lay out bio attacks from Scourge to remove plates then shoot everything with the Ghost Duster. Rinse and repeat.

4. Bomber Use OC and GA shield. Pair Ghost Duster (or BHF Tachmag) with Milking Maid. Use height and slope to my advantage. Set bombs, hide, detonate. Rinse and repeat.

I swap out the Guardian Angel for a Bio Resist Rhino III with Firewall against Hellbugs.

-Perks for most of my loadouts are:
Overcharge (Killing things faster = stay alive longer) or Decoy (for sludging)
Self Medicated (Revive more quickly)
Blast Shield (Avoid direct hits by bombs)
Cellular Armor (Defense)
Thick Skinned (Stay alive)
Fail Safe (Defense)
Detachment (Kill faster = more defense)
Conflagration (for my BHF guns)
Nano perk (for other gun)
Wildcard perk usually Turn the Tide (when in groups I know and will work together). Otherwise Fortitude/Insult to Injury for Electric build/Deadly cascade for detonators.

Derailer
04-22-2015, 07:44 AM
I have been really happy with how useful the Precious pistol has been for me in expeditions. Of course the heartbreaker self-revive thing but so many things just hate being on fire. Raiders and mutants mostly stop firing at you and runs around screaming or rolling making them easy to finish off. The massive amount of ammo and the huge clip are great for a backup weapon as well. Milking maid is the go to for damage and mob control.

Turn the tide and self-medicate are a must for me and my rig finally has shroud protocol unlocked so I get to revive myself and be invisible instantly. Haven't tried it but it sure sounds useful.

Playing mostly solo or with randoms so I focus on the grind and survival rather then speed or damage. I can outlast mobs and bosses up to about round 6 then it gets horrible if I'm all alone.

Duke_Shambles
04-22-2015, 10:53 AM
A friend of mine uswd on in an expedition yesterday, didnt seem too effective passed round 3

I find that with two people running DPS loadouts, and one person running a boomer crowd control load out, it works very well at slowing down mobs, busting plates, and reducing damage from enemies. It is not a killing load out, it's utility. You can't focus on one enemy with it, your goal has to be to tag everything that spawns at least once. Then everybody's damage counts towards breaking the enemy armor and most if not all enemy damage is reduced by 20%. I'm not sure why your friend isn't having luck with it, but it must be a technique thing, It's all in the wrist! XD

Altras
04-22-2015, 10:58 AM
It's all in the wrist! XD

Aye, I'm usually playing the support roll with a Scorge/HF AR or Maid/BMG.

Logain
04-22-2015, 11:46 AM
Aye, I'm usually playing the support roll with a Scorge/HF AR or Maid/BMG.

You should try super support with Scourge/Empousa! You'll have have mutants/radiers/hellbugs doing the shock dance in their own pool of Bio!