PDA

View Full Version : missing event majors

Holy Bahamut3
04-16-2015, 06:32 PM
Since the servers have come back up, their has been no event majors. Plenty of minor arkfalls, but no majors, and the daily requires them.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-16-2015, 06:37 PM
There have been days on ps3 NA no majors have spawned for 16hours straight. Just tons of minors. Iknow because i missed my daily for those days. I shard hopped to friends and clannies to no avail for hours. Today must be one of those days. I actually complained about it then.

Kitty MeowMeow
04-16-2015, 06:53 PM
WHY TRION WHYYYYY!!!! i really need it for my alt :(

PhantasieTrion
04-16-2015, 07:04 PM
Hi Everyone

This update did not change event frequency.
How could you know that there are no majors on an entire environment, when you dont have the ability to specifically go to each and every shard/server on that environment?
I was just at a New Frontier Harvest on PC-NA minutes ago
The servers have only been up for an hour or two, you really need to give things some time to normalize :)

PS: We saw a flurry of similar messages at the launch of Armistice, however when we actually looked at the distribution of events, it was normal. :)

--Phantasie

Lamar Kendrick
04-16-2015, 07:04 PM
it's been 1 hr. 30 mins. still no arkfalls. hate staying on lil toon -_-

Holy Bahamut3
04-16-2015, 07:07 PM
Hi Everyone

How could you know that there are no majors on an entire environment, when you dont have the ability to specifically go to each and every shard/server on that environment?
The servers have only been up for an hour or two, you really need to give things some time to normalize :)

PS: We saw a flurry of similar messages at the launch of Armistice, however when we actually looked at the distribution of events, it was normal. :)

--Phantasie

Still big clan, and no majors was cause for concern. I'll give it till morning. If still an issue I'll PM you.

Kitty MeowMeow
04-16-2015, 07:16 PM
i found a major hulker hell but DC's within 5 seconds LOL... the search continues

Kitty MeowMeow
04-16-2015, 07:17 PM
nope didnt DC... some problem with my psn... logged out WITH internet connection

Kitty MeowMeow
04-16-2015, 07:18 PM
oh i got it working again.. usually when that happens it takes like over a day for my psn to work again

Kitty MeowMeow
04-16-2015, 07:18 PM
anybody else get this problem sometimes?

Kitty MeowMeow
04-16-2015, 07:22 PM
whew got to it just in time with only 2 hulkers left

Dixie Cougar
04-16-2015, 07:47 PM
Nice quintiple post up there.

Do want.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-16-2015, 08:04 PM
Hi Everyone

--Phantasie

Im sure theyre spawning somewhere. Its just a pain when you dont come across any for that long after sitting checking the map every 3 minutes for hours on end, do I continue waiting? Or start shard hopping.? Lol. Everytime I changed shards ill bet they spawn right on the server I was on. But when they dont spawn on my map and all I get is hundreds of minors in a row..... it just seems out of balance a bit. I literally went 16hours straight and couldnt find one. Hopping from shard to shard. Signing out and in hoping to land on another server. NO ONE in chat finding any. Then after the 5am reset one finally spawns and you get dc'd in the final phase. That morning once they finally started popping up I went to 6 majors and dc, d from all 6.

Suffice to say I did not get my daily done before the counter reset at 3pm. I was pretty upset

And im not even joking. I know how to hop around and effectively search for them. But there were a few days in particular where I came across NONE for over half a day straight. Only hellbug hives and dark mtatter majors. Then after the server reset at 5am they instantly started showing up. I didnt start doing anything differently. They just were nowhere to be found. Then boom... server reset and they were. :( The rng god and spawn god were both in kahoots against me. Lol

Holy Bahamut3
04-17-2015, 12:13 PM
It seems to be back to normal for me, arkfall calls are back in the norm with the clan. :-)

PhantasieTrion
04-17-2015, 01:52 PM
It seems to be back to normal for me, arkfall calls are back in the norm with the clan. :-)

Thanks for following up.

--Phantasie

Tekrunner
04-18-2015, 12:33 AM

People are crafty. With enough people in your clan / friend list and a general knowledge of population patterns on your server / platform, it can be possible to have a pretty good idea of how many shards are currently active, and which ones currently have ongoing events. This is easier to do on weekdays (at least on PC EU), during weekends it seems like there are always significantly more players, and therefore more shards. There can always be a low pop shard or two flying under our radar, but we're good at finding them when we want to.

As far as I understand servers seem to go through some sort of warm-up period after they've been rebooted, where they won't start any major event arkfalls for an hour or two. Then the first one they spawn will be a Hulker Hell. I don't have hard proof of this, but it's been observed by many people, including me at the very start of the event, when people were complaining they just couldn't find any major. So yes, if you looked at it more than a couple hours after server restarts, spawning patterns would seem normal. I haven't played enough since Alcatraz to know if 3.0 changed this or not.