PDA

View Full Version : Weapon rarity upgrades w/ masteries questions

Ray8888
04-17-2015, 05:10 AM
I have a huge collection of Grapes that I refused to upgrade to OJ until I was over 5600. AF dont grow on trees. A few of them have mastered perfectly (reload on a shotty, DMG on a tachmag,ect). So first off is there a difference in mastery rolls on OJs vs Grapes percentage-wise? Im like 99% sure but I cant confirm with trusted sources (meaning Patch notes, Rashere, Sirserved or Defiancedata) Secondly and most importantly will an upgraded gun up the mastery or will it stay at the same number? Will a 1.05 go to 1.10 without a remastering? Secondly, with the old roll gun with masteries that arent available anymore if I upgrade and then if I do try to remaster for that little bump is that old mastery still in the pool? Although most of the ones I have are a straight +% on kill which I doubt change from grape to Oj.

Mister Derpenhowser
04-17-2015, 05:18 AM
If you oj a mastered purp it keeps the purp mastery, purp dmg mastery is 1.04 vs ojs 1.05, not sure about other masterys. Do not reroll weaps with removed masterys unless you're willing to lose it forever as they are removed from the pool. Thats about my full knowledge on this. Lol

Graywolfe
04-17-2015, 06:05 AM
He is right the only way to get the OJ mastery is to redo it. Some are worth it some are not. I have rerolled at purple before I knew better, what a waste of AF. Also if you are going to raise the rarity a weapon and want to reroll its mastery then you should reset the mastery roll before you raise it IMO. Here is a list of the mastery rolls so you can decide if it is worth it.

http://www.defiancedata.com/weaponbonuses.php?t=Mastery&w=&f=icons

Midnight
04-17-2015, 06:35 AM
He is right the only way to get the OJ mastery is to redo it. Some are worth it some are not. I have rerolled at purple before I knew better, what a waste of AF. Also if you are going to raise the rarity a weapon and want to reroll its mastery then you should reset the mastery roll before you raise it IMO. Here is a list of the mastery rolls so you can decide if it is worth it.

http://www.defiancedata.com/weaponbonuses.php?t=Mastery&w=&f=icons

The difference between purple and orange masteries usually just a couple percentage points… If it rolled well while it was purple it's usually just better to leave it

Graywolfe
04-17-2015, 07:17 AM
The difference between purple and orange masteries usually just a couple percentage points… If it rolled well while it was purple it's usually just better to leave it

Yeah many are not worth the gamble if you have a good roll. Some of mine got bad ones so I will try again when I go to OJ them.

Johnny Gatt
04-17-2015, 08:39 AM
I used to wait to master my purples until after I rolled them oj. Now I roll mastery while they are still purple, so it is cheaper to retool until I get the bonus I want. It is 75 forge a pop to reroll an oj so the 1/100th of percentage in damage not as important any more.