PDA

View Full Version : Alcatraz - A Defiance Version of Candy Crush Saga?

Dravens
04-18-2015, 02:15 PM
Grenades don't drop, but can be purchased through the Bits Store during an expedition... there's a reason I don't play games like Candy Crush. Which, co-incidentally allows you to buy Lollipop Hammers in-app when you run out.

Any thoughts?

TigrisMorte
04-19-2015, 05:42 PM
yeah, that it was a poorly thought out cash grab and is insulting.

XFILZ
04-19-2015, 05:50 PM
Yet I hear people are paying for it so I guess it's working.

xJill69x
04-19-2015, 06:27 PM
Yea, great analogy. So Defiance is similar to Candy Crush because "it allows you to buy Lollipop Hammers when you run out". So basically anything that "allows you to buy" something "when you run out" is similar to Defiance. Nice. Now I can pretend like Im actually just playing defiance anytime I go to the store.

Bonehead
04-19-2015, 06:38 PM
Gonna have me some fun next time I go to Safeway!

DJ51
04-19-2015, 07:01 PM
We should have all seen this coming really, but why would you attach the new arenas to certain parts of th game we all don't enjoy such as PVP ?
Seems Trion has decided to shore up flagging PVP numbers with a player forced mechanic of "want Alcatraz credits buy them or play PVP".
Sure If you come to Defiance to play PVP because you like rapid sniping or have some unicorn weapons and shields that makes it worthwhile, that's ok with you, but about the 80% of us don't have an ark shield/ unicorn weapons or come here to play rapid/pogo sniper and want to enjoy the whole of the PVE game we paid for ?
I understand lots of players aren't going to agree with me, this is merely my opinion and looking like I will not be earning too many HR's on the PVP based weeks.

What are your thoughts on how the mainly PVE based game could be better used to it's full extent including the new expansion ?

Ray8888
04-19-2015, 08:31 PM
I will not be earning too many HR's on the PVP based weeks.

Whats this now?

DJ51
04-20-2015, 01:49 AM
When the daily or weekly is PVP based and you face the pogo-sniper pros there's not much interest for many of us to do the daily or weekly, like I said in my post just my opinion, not everybody's.

Maybe I'm misinformed or misinterpret the Icons over Alcatraz island, It just seems odd that there's an icon there for king of the mountain ( 10 cap points in SW) and the other was expert Motherlode...

SUPREEM
04-20-2015, 03:16 AM
I don't play candy crush saga because its candy crush saga.

crazyged
04-20-2015, 03:58 AM
I find I can't do more than six levels of an expedition without getting incredibly bored - won't have a problem needing req's!

Fuzzy
04-20-2015, 04:05 AM
When the daily or weekly is PVP based and you face the pogo-sniper pros there's not much interest for many of us to do the daily or weekly, like I said in my post just my opinion, not everybody's.

Maybe I'm misinformed or misinterpret the Icons over Alcatraz island, It just seems odd that there's an icon there for king of the mountain ( 10 cap points in SW) and the other was expert Motherlode...

There's an Echelon NPC on Alcatraz that shows the Daily/Weekly for Echelon. Bring up the Dailies/Weeklies (It's J then tab on PC, no idea for consoles) and you'll see that the Faction "Echelon" has only PvP-based Dailies/Weeklies and is the only faction to do so.
Alcatraz Dailies/Weeklies are always Expedition based, and can only be from Paradise, Top-Notch, Soleptor or Von Bach (might be missing a faction but I think it was only the standard ones)

Ray8888
04-20-2015, 07:53 PM

Yeah its not. Youre getting your three HRs anyway.

DJ51
04-20-2015, 09:11 PM
just odd they decided to show daily weekly on alcatraz but nowhere else...

Smokey Black
04-20-2015, 09:18 PM
I find I can't do more than six levels of an expedition without getting incredibly bored - won't have a problem needing req's!

This^^ It is the same level each time with a different boss. Super repetitive.