PDA

View Full Version : one or the other

JOCCO5150
04-18-2015, 02:41 PM
I don't care that I have to spend an hr if my self revive isn't full, but when it is just about full and I go down then spend an hr to revive, it really shouldn't take my self revive down to zero again.

r1p
04-18-2015, 04:05 PM
I agree. Yesterday I went down just before self-revive time had reset so I waited about 10 seconds for it to fill up and then I spent the token to revive. I was pretty surprised that the timer had to start all over again. It was my last token and sure enough I got one-shot killed 10 seconds later and got extracted when the rest of my group got killed one-by-one. We had already beaten the boss and I didn't have time to pick up the rewards. The penalty for getting downed should be a self-revive or a token but not both.

SirServed
04-18-2015, 06:10 PM
It sounds like you aren't operating efficiently. Equipping Self-medicated and Turn the Tide makes it more efficient to revive a party member instead of doing it yourself. You will end up with a Self-revive recharge time of about 90 seconds using this method as long as you revive your teammates instead of yourself.

r1p
04-18-2015, 06:40 PM
It sounds like you aren't operating efficiently. Equipping Self-medicated and Turn the Tide makes it more efficient to revive a party member instead of doing it yourself. You will end up with a Self-revive recharge time of about 90 seconds using this method as long as you revive your teammates instead of yourself.

This isn't about operating properly, it's about being charged twice for a self revive. If my self-revive is full and I go down it cost me my self-revive. If I go down when I don't have a self-revive it costs me a token and my self-revive. Furthermore, the token costs money so if you use one it should spawn you with a full self-revive.

SirServed
04-18-2015, 07:36 PM
This isn't about operating properly, it's about being charged twice for a self revive. If my self-revive is full and I go down it cost me my self-revive. If I go down when I don't have a self-revive it costs me a token and my self-revive. Furthermore, the token costs money so if you use one it should spawn you with a full self-revive.
You died before it finished, it would be foolish for you to be able to lie there and wait for it to come off cooldown.

Ray8888
04-18-2015, 07:58 PM
I have a theory that SirServed is a robot. Like HAL from 2001.
Thats totally a compliment BTW.

JOCCO5150
04-18-2015, 09:04 PM
You died before it finished, it would be foolish for you to be able to lie there and wait for it to come off cooldown.

I'm not saying that it should recharge while I'm down, I'm just saying if it's half full when I go down and I use an hr to get up it should be half full when I get up.

Alastar
04-18-2015, 09:24 PM
So what have we learned? Don't buy into the hr revive gimmick. :rolleyes:

Bonehead
04-18-2015, 09:29 PM
I have a theory that SirServed is a robot. Like HAL from 2001.
Thats totally a compliment BTW.

Well, from now on every time I read a post by SirServed I'm going to hear it in HAL's voice.

SirServed
04-18-2015, 10:20 PM
I'm not saying that it should recharge while I'm down, I'm just saying if it's half full when I go down and I use an hr to get up it should be half full when I get up.
Great idea, let's apply that to weapons while we're at it! If my weapon has a 100 round magazine and I spend 4 whole seconds reloading it (even though I'm only missing 2 rounds out of the magazine), I should get an extra 98 on top of that because I paid the full reload time, right?

The HR allows you to save up to 5 minutes off of your Self-revive and continue your progress. It shouldn't give you a refund because you could have almost done it yourself.

JOCCO5150
04-18-2015, 10:46 PM
Great idea, let's apply that to weapons while we're at it! If my weapon has a 100 round magazine and I spend 4 whole seconds reloading it (even though I'm only missing 2 rounds out of the magazine), I should get an extra 98 on top of that because I paid the full reload time, right?

The HR allows you to save up to 5 minutes off of your Self-revive and continue your progress. It shouldn't give you a refund because you could have almost done it yourself.

It works the way I'm saying it should for your guns. If you have a clip that holds 100 rounds and you shoot 50 rounds then reload your clip, yes it takes the same time because pulling a clip out and putting another in takes the same amount of time weather full or empty, but it doesn't take 100 bullets from your reserve. And if you shot one shot out of a shotgun and then reload, yes it does cut down on reload time because you only load one shell.

I don't think it's HAL, because it's not as logical as a robot.

SirServed
04-18-2015, 11:33 PM
It works the way I'm saying it should for your guns. If you have a clip that holds 100 rounds and you shoot 50 rounds then reload your clip, yes it takes the same time because pulling a clip out and putting another in takes the same amount of time weather full or empty, but it doesn't take 100 bullets from your reserve. And if you shot one shot out of a shotgun and then reload, yes it does cut down on reload time because you only load one shell.

I don't think it's HAL, because it's not as logical as a robot.
You seem to be under the impression that a HR should take the place of your Self-revive when used. The HR doesn't revive you, it's simply a catalyst you need to be able to reuse your Self-revive by force. Let someone else pick you up or just stop dying.