PDA

View Full Version : Do rigs affect pvp?

crazyged
04-19-2015, 05:36 AM
I could have posted this in the pvp section, but it may also involve the Alcatraz release:

A couple of us played Shadow Wars last night and we both had encounters where we could see the opponent's shield charging as we were hitting them.

I hit one guy four times with a rocket launcher and his shield just fluctuated a bit, then charged right up. We could not down these people and died horribly.

My friend had a similar encounter.

Something tells me it wasn't hacking, but it definitely didn't seem normal...

Is this an exploit, or an unknown side-effect of a combination of rig, gear and perks? Do rigs even work in pvp?

Any opinions?

Mister Derpenhowser
04-19-2015, 05:50 AM
I've heard of exploits like this before. Doesn't sound rig related tbh, they aren't that OP

Claydough
04-19-2015, 05:52 AM
no i doubt it too, rigs are a nice little bonus, but really affect things very minor

DEATHBRINGER210
04-19-2015, 06:04 AM
its some kind of glitch/ hack . this is the why i see it. it takes 1 to 2 boomer nods to kill myself with my own boomer.6000ego. in pvp on some players it cant take up 5 or more nods to try to kill them and they turn around and one shot u. whats the deal . and its the same people over and over again.

crazyged
04-19-2015, 07:32 AM
Yeah, heard of this glitch - never found out the details, though.

Very annoying - I'm bad enough at pvp without being made to look worse! :P

Altras
04-19-2015, 07:39 AM
What rl were you using?

crazyged
04-19-2015, 07:46 AM
What rl were you using?

Precise chaos - seems to be a good all-rounder for pvp.

Altras
04-19-2015, 08:13 AM
Huh, then it couldn't have been what I was thinking. Theres a glitch with RAD RLS and the Guardian, where you can trigger it to reject all rad explosive dmg

Tyler Sunder
04-19-2015, 09:02 AM
definitely the exploit going around, rig shield boosts are minor, almost so that its a waste of chip space.

PTR47
04-19-2015, 09:18 AM
If it's the same exploit that was going around in PVP a few months back, it was definitely an exploit (and an intentional one) as it takes advantage of two game bugs, one of which is with the Firewall synergy. Take names, PM to devs.

konstantinov
04-19-2015, 09:19 AM
If it was the same exploit going around PVP a few months back, it was definitely an exploit (and an intentional one) as it takes advantage of two game bugs, one of which is with the Firewall synergy. Take names, PM to devs.

You have some bubblegum?

PTR47
04-19-2015, 09:21 AM
You have some bubblegum?

Sorry man, all out.

Festival
04-19-2015, 10:27 AM
Sorry man, all out.

The only possible answer any self-respecting gamer can make to that question... ;P

Dragon06
04-19-2015, 11:17 AM
I could have posted this in the pvp section, but it may also involve the Alcatraz release:

A couple of us played Shadow Wars last night and we both had encounters where we could see the opponent's shield charging as we were hitting them.

I hit one guy four times with a rocket launcher and his shield just fluctuated a bit, then charged right up. We could not down these people and died horribly.

My friend had a similar encounter.

Something tells me it wasn't hacking, but it definitely didn't seem normal...

Is this an exploit, or an unknown side-effect of a combination of rig, gear and perks? Do rigs even work in pvp?

Any opinions?

I must have been on your team or had similar outcome. We got slaughtered - the top player on the opposing team killed more than our entire team and that was the case for their top 3 players. No matter what I did, I could not kill anyone, they would just stand their let me hit them and one shot I was dead. They rigs have some effect or there is a hack going on. Trion needs to look at any PVP where the winning team completely out matches the other team to see if there is a glitch or a hack going on. Now to be honest some matches are going to be one sided, but not like the one I was part of last night.

tarmim
04-19-2015, 11:35 AM
Huh, then it couldn't have been what I was thinking. Theres a glitch with RAD RLS and the Guardian, where you can trigger it to reject all rad explosive dmg

I have this problem with my Radiant solstice rls and dc7.
Everytime i shoot my self my shield recharges right up wtf is it?!!