PDA

View Full Version : Invisible enemies just cost me a hunter req!

ArieB
04-19-2015, 12:58 PM
I just went into an expedition, enemies kept shooting me before they were visible. In the boss fight, I got trampled by an invisible hulker a few times before the team ran out of revives. I didn't bother to use another hunter req now...

They should really fix this problem! Invisible hulkers on Soleptor Excavation, invisible forges on Scrapworks, invisible Dekuso on Explosions 101.... And now invisible enemies in the expeditions?

Takes out the fun!

Derailer
04-19-2015, 01:03 PM
It's a problem in many aspects of the game but what I do is before a boss room fight just use cloak before you open the door so enemies have time to become visible in the game before they just kill you. It helps a lot but isn't a complete fix obviously.

nofreebe
04-19-2015, 04:46 PM
Yeah it hasn't been fix in two years and it's not going to but now you have to pay to play a broken fix.

Burned In Effigy
04-19-2015, 08:11 PM
I had 40bits left so I bought 1 HR. But now I can't even get into expert co-op maps. I'm pretty damn sure if I get dcd and lose my HR? I'll finally lose it.

Burned In Effigy
04-19-2015, 10:40 PM
FML. It happened. Bad enough it takes me 10+minutes to log in if um lucky , then I join an ACTUAL fire team and I DC. I'm pretty much at my wits end. If my hr token is gone im not going to file a ticket I'm erasing the game.

Ps. Oh Star Wars ep7 is coming in Dec18th. I have something to look forward to. Yay. Can't wait though. Have you seen the trailers?

Tekrunner
04-20-2015, 12:09 AM
Bad enough it takes me 10+minutes to log in if um lucky

Is that a common thing on console? Because if not, it sounds like there may be something wrong on your end.

Burned In Effigy
04-20-2015, 10:19 AM
Is that a common thing on console? Because if not, it sounds like there may be something wrong on your end.

I'm 100% sure it's my router but of course at&t says noooooo not on our end Lol.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-20-2015, 11:05 AM
getting booted cost me a req

Festival
04-20-2015, 11:09 AM
Had a run ended by an invisible enemy that never materialized. Not that it killed me (it was a skitterling), it just never appeared as targetable, no matter what I did (tried AoE attacks, hatchling grenades, etc.). I'd occasionally get hit with one of those "skitterling spit" bio attacks, which tells me it was stuck in the geometry somewhere out of range of its bite attack. The run stalled...had to bail. Bad language may have been used...

KILLSHOT707
04-20-2015, 11:30 AM
Sadly this will NEVER get fixed. It's always been this way during the expert co ops on Xbox. The game seems just to be a money grab now. Nothing has been done for a long time about game quality.

Tekrunner
04-20-2015, 11:40 PM
Had a run ended by an invisible enemy that never materialized. Not that it killed me (it was a skitterling), it just never appeared as targetable, no matter what I did (tried AoE attacks, hatchling grenades, etc.). I'd occasionally get hit with one of those "skitterling spit" bio attacks, which tells me it was stuck in the geometry somewhere out of range of its bite attack. The run stalled...had to bail. Bad language may have been used...

There's a workaround to fix this in some (but not all) cases. The idea is to make the mob reset, by taking it far away enough from its spawn that its "leash" will pull it back. So what you need to do is to run back the way you came; a good way to know that you've run far enough is that the combat music should stop. Once you go back the mob should be visible again, waiting at its spawn point. Of course this won't work if the invisible mob is in the first or second room, but otherwise it can save your round.