PDA

View Full Version : Runners level 5

Lavi
04-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Ok, I need this for a pursuit. My missus hit level 5 real early on, but I'm just not there.

Is there anything I need to do specifically? Is it distance driven?

It seems to be capped. I'm t level 4, with no progress towards 5. Same with my weapons, I seem to be stuck at 3.

fishboy11
04-05-2013, 08:33 AM
hmm i'm at 12 and got there just by using it, maybe its based on ego level, if not it must be a bug

Komakala
04-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Boosting frequently seems to help, jumping and spinning a lot helps. Sometimes it just takes time. During beta I drove off road more and leveled up quickly. Currently I tend to stick to roads more and it levels slower.

kirix
04-05-2013, 08:48 AM
run hellbugs over in arkfalls. the small 1s not the big ones they blow your car up.

also if your cars hp gets low. leave it get back in and it will recharge when not underfire.

Mog
04-05-2013, 08:51 AM
Are you sure your actually driving around on a runner? I believe the nomad and challenger are not considered runners. The ATVs are the runners. I could be wrong though.

Duckforceone
04-05-2013, 08:51 AM
i think it's a combination of distance, with boost and turns...

i tried driving in circles, didn't help much... i tried boosting up a steep cliff... didn't help much.. but driving along roads or cross country, while boosting often, helps alot...

SYN BLACK XS
04-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Are you sure your actually driving around on a runner? I believe the nomad and challenger are not considered runners. The ATVs are the runners. I could be wrong though.

That would be correct, i forget what the buggy/charger/etc are referred to as

Kreoss
04-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Power sliding around turns is also good for leveling. Make sure that your not trying to level with a weapon that you have maxed out the XP on, you can check it by opening your Loadout and clicking on the weapon, if it's xp bar is full you'll need a new weapon to level with.

Dwane
04-05-2013, 09:00 AM
runners != rollers

Krahn
04-05-2013, 09:05 AM
run hellbugs over in arkfalls. the small 1s not the big ones they blow your car up.

also if your cars hp gets low. leave it get back in and it will recharge when not underfire.

No, don't do this, we need the small ones to weaken the crystal. :mad:

Ndotw
04-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Power sliding around turns is also good for leveling. Make sure that your not trying to level with a weapon that you have maxed out the XP on, you can check it by opening your Loadout and clicking on the weapon, if it's xp bar is full you'll need a new weapon to level with.

This!

It took me a little while to figure out that you need to alternate weapons in order the keep gaining weapons skills, that might be the problem you are having, Lavi.

Zyvaks
04-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Runners are the atv's
Rollers are the nomads, buggies, challengers, etc.

best way to level up is by running stuff over.

don't do it in "destroy the chrystal" arkfalls, do it in the "wave" arkfalls.

also try that ranch that was swarming with hellbugs, haven't done it myself but that seems like a good grinding spot :cool:

Blackwolfe
04-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Erm, didn't they changed xp gained for running over stuff with your roller/runner? Its far more efficient to just drive around.

Avenger
04-06-2013, 01:40 PM
The first runner challenge in Mount Tam is pretty good for increasing your runner skill. Apart from the obvious use of the runner you can boost for the entire challenge due to the meter refilling at each gate. A combination of boosting and distance seems to be the key to increasing your rank on it, as well as running down enemies - though that will not be popular if you do it at arkfalls.

Kris Woodsman
04-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Find a time trial you like and just spam it. The rings in the middle of the gates completely refill your boost gauge. Some of the trials let you do the whole thing in an almost constant boost state. Combined with the various turns and distance your runner skill levels quick.

As your runner level increases, you get speed and boost bonuses, you can get longer boost chains. There are few spots that are just out of my reach for chaining boosts but a few more levels will fix that.

Swarm
04-06-2013, 02:04 PM
mines at 7 and its totally random... does seem to go faster if i run over the skitterlings tho

Ruin Born
04-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Ok, I need this for a pursuit. My missus hit level 5 real early on, but I'm just not there.

Is there anything I need to do specifically? Is it distance driven?

It seems to be capped. I'm t level 4, with no progress towards 5. Same with my weapons, I seem to be stuck at 3.

Running over enemies, and jumps affected by distance (and maybe speed). Do they time trials until you consistently get gold. That's what I've been doing and my runner is at level 18 my roller at 16. Best way to get the roller is with a main mission transport truck(there's 3 missions that have these), just run over small and medium sized hellbugs while boosting, be carefull of the medium sized ones the can kill you or pop out of the ground under your truck and blow it up, just respawn it. Crawlers take 1-three hits archers just one, make sure you have distance don't push, ram. I think your W.P. doesn't level up if your weapon bar has been filled...