PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Edition in Australia

Alliiara
02-11-2013, 01:57 AM
Hey guys, I was just wondering where I could buy the Ultimate Edition in Australia? Thanks. :D

Escyos
02-11-2013, 04:58 AM
No word on it yet. I am hoping to get one too, or at the very least get someone in the US to receive it for me and then post it on.

Mr_K
02-11-2013, 05:01 AM
I too would like to know ;)

Also, what is included in the DLC season pass? Is it just extra gear or extra story as well? Though I never got into Guild Wars, they did do the "buy the game, no fee" thing as well, and released story content you had to pay for as huge expansion packs...if it's gonna be that you have to continually pay to keep up with the show episodes then that ain't cool.

Ie: does "season pass" mean it allows you to play with the show's season?

Escyos
02-11-2013, 05:07 AM
I too would like to know ;)

Also, what is included in the DLC season pass? Is it just extra gear or extra story as well? Though I never got into Guild Wars, they did do the "buy the game, no fee" thing as well, and released story content you had to pay for as huge expansion packs...if it's gonna be that you have to continually pay to keep up with the show episodes then that ain't cool.

DLC is future missions etc that are added to the game. Season pass would refer to the "season" that the game is in, so I suppose once new "season" are brought out, your pass expires (or you keep getting them all the time?)

Ie: does "season pass" mean it allows you to play with the show's season?

Maybe. But I wager not.

Mr_K
02-11-2013, 05:23 AM
Thanks for the reply Escyos, I've only ever seen the term "Season Pass" used with games that will have a finite amount of DLC, so it effectively includes all the DLC to be released. For this, I assume, like you that it will only be for a certain length of time. I was thinking that since it is common to call this DLC bundle a "Season Pass" already that the development team may pair this up nicely with the seasons of the show.

I'm glad it's meaningful content, but I'm also hoping that the content that keeps pace with the show is always free, as I'm really intrigued by the cross-over between the game and show (and the potential of that).

Regardless, this game was not on my radar at all (thinking it would be a cheap cash-in), until I got to play the 2nd Beta and....wow....amazing!! Seriously the first MMO I've enjoyed.

Smitch
02-11-2013, 01:20 PM
I asked in the Livestream and as requested I've PMed Dahanese who is apparently looking into whats happening with distribution in NZ/Australia (at the time, even the Standard edition wasn't listed anywhere for pre-order here in NZ! :/ And now it's *just* the standard) I am hoping to hear back soon. If not, I might join Escyos with trying to get one from the US, but that's just starting to get ridiculously expensive... :/

All up NOT IMPRESSED. Not at all. Also, unfortunately, not surprised.

Mr_K
02-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the info Smitch.....yeah,m unfortunately NZ and AUS do seem to end up as afterthoughts still :(

Tzar of kaos
02-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Same problem in Europe,only standard edition is avaliable for pre-order...Trion deal with different distributors outside NA,that's maybe why we're not able to get collector and ultimate versions...I guess Trion will answer that soon...

Smitch
02-11-2013, 04:47 PM
It's Namco Bandi. Seriously, it would have been kinder to just tell us up front that it's not going to be available in our areas... They have a history of, not just bad, but terrible distributions...

Tzar of kaos
02-12-2013, 03:07 PM
It's Namco Bandi. Seriously, it would have been kinder to just tell us up front that it's not going to be available in our areas... They have a history of, not just bad, but terrible distributions...

Trion made the choice to have different distributors outside NA,and we still don't know what versions 'll be sold and where ?!!

Alliiara
02-13-2013, 03:17 AM
I really want to know, because if there is no collectors edition, I still want to pre-order the digital deluxe. :)

Smitch
02-13-2013, 05:05 PM
I've unleashed Myll_Erik on the case...Taking a bit due to time difference between London/US/otherside of US etc. ( I blame the Round Earth conspiracy for Time Zones...)

Mr_K
02-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Darn, still no update for AUS and NZ :(

Smitch
02-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Sorry, I updated another thread.

TLDR; Get a Collectors/Ultimate from the US or UK if you want one. I'd recommend US - It has slightly more than the UK version. Or get a digital standard/deluxe.

I got a response back that didn't specifically say we *wouldn't* get a local collectors edition, but strongly hinted that we would not. Of any kind. Along with apologies. I have since asked for confirmation that we wouldn't and have not heard back. I've decided not to wait and miss out on anything (I'm such a geekie fan boi that I'm working on figuring out the language for the Defiance Wiki - the owner of whom is also Australian and cannot get a collectors or ultimate either) so I have arranged to get a copy of the Ultimate Edition in from the US. For a lot more than what it would have cost local if one was being produced.

This isn't, I believe, specifically the fault of Trion (and definately doesn't have anything to do with the CM's here - don't shoot the messengers), but is more likely the fault of the distributor, Namco Bandi. Though, without seeing what they were contracted to do doesn't make much never mind.

So by the time I get into the game, it will likely be a week and a half released to the wild. Which is likely when NZ/Aus will probably get any copies that trickle down. I don't think any game store in our area yet has a confirmed date, pricing or anything at this point as the details once they finally went up a week ago have changed from $whatever they were with 3rd April release (thats 2nd April US time) & accepting pre-orders to $TBC and "April" release - with no pre-orders. The stores still don't even have it in their database yet.

Mr_K
02-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the update Smitch!

Wish it was better news, but I appreciate it all the same ;)