PDA

View Full Version : tcd upd

Burned In Effigy
04-21-2015, 11:14 AM
Anybody know what these numbers would be? If I put my router in DMZ i need these numbers.

Mister Derpenhowser
04-21-2015, 11:30 AM
http://pubs.vmware.com/view-52/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.view.planning.doc%2F GUID-B8D3225D-0CB2-42D3-B2B8-EB7DED0F3B5E.html

4172 looks good ^^ lol

Burned In Effigy
04-21-2015, 11:39 AM
http://pubs.vmware.com/view-52/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.view.planning.doc%2F GUID-B8D3225D-0CB2-42D3-B2B8-EB7DED0F3B5E.html

4172 looks good ^^ lol

I'll give it a try ty

Burned In Effigy
04-21-2015, 11:54 AM
Great now my ****ing ping and tracert numbers are great. WTF. Wits end wits end

Niner82
04-21-2015, 12:13 PM
Looks like the title to an I.C.P. song :).

Burned In Effigy
04-21-2015, 12:17 PM
Tempted to do a ps3 restore. Extreme circumstances require extreme measures. Last resort and this could take up to 7 hours.

Tyler Sunder
04-21-2015, 12:33 PM
try this first before you do a full restore http://www.ps3blog.net/2011/01/28/tips-and-tricks-ps3-rebuild-database-faq-recovery-menu/

Burned In Effigy
04-21-2015, 12:44 PM
try this first before you do a full restore http://www.ps3blog.net/2011/01/28/tips-and-tricks-ps3-rebuild-database-faq-recovery-menu/

Yeah I've done it before but I don't remember if it erased the patch disc info.

And ty for the link.

r1p
04-21-2015, 01:33 PM
I think that I saw that you posted in another thread that you have AT&T as your ISP. First of all let me say they use the least user friendly router with the laggiest user interface that I have ever seen.

It may be a long shot but do you have any firewall rules set up on the router? I ask because the crappy router gets confused if more than one device is inadvertently trying to use the same IP address and it will apply the rules for each device to both of the conflicting devices. I found this out the hard way during the Valentine's Day event when I suddenly started to experience issues connecting to and staying on Defiance. I have several rules for various things but the conflict ended being from my rule for the PS3 and the rule for my son's League of Legends game. Unbeknownst to me my son started having a connectivity issue with his game and one of his online buddy's told him to use a statically assigned IP address to fix the problem. He pinged several address until he hit one that wasn't in use and entered into it his PC. It turned out to be the one that was dynamically assigned to my PS3 which wasn't in use at the time. When I turned my PS3 on that's when the issues began and we began playing tug of war over the the packets coming in. At some point he came to me while I was troubleshooting and asked my why his game wasn't working right and that's when all of this came to light. Assigning his PC a new IP address didn't fix the problem either because the crappy router perma-cached the settings so I had to remove the rules from being assigned to both devices, delete the rules completely, and then reboot the router for the problem to be resolved. Why they don't enforce rules by MAC address instead of TCP is beyond me. So check the rules for your PS3 and if there are any assigned to it that shouldn't be then that is the culprit.

Niner82
04-21-2015, 01:55 PM
I think that I saw that you posted in another thread that you have AT&T as your ISP. First of all let me say they use the least user friendly router with the laggiest user interface that I have ever seen.

It may be a long shot but do you have any firewall rules set up on the router? I ask because the crappy router gets confused if more than one device is inadvertently trying to use the same IP address and it will apply the rules for each device to both of the conflicting devices. I found this out the hard way during the Valentine's Day event when I suddenly started to experience issues connecting to and staying on Defiance. I have several rules for various things but the conflict ended being from my rule for the PS3 and the rule for my son's League of Legends game. Unbeknownst to me my son started having a connectivity issue with his game and one of his online buddy's told him to use a statically assigned IP address to fix the problem. He pinged several address until he hit one that wasn't in use and entered into it his PC. It turned out to be the one that was dynamically assigned to my PS3 which wasn't in use at the time. When I turned my PS3 on that's when the issues began and we began playing tug of war over the the packets coming in. At some point he came to me while I was troubleshooting and asked my why his game wasn't working right and that's when all of this came to light. Assigning his PC a new IP address didn't fix the problem either because the crappy router perma-cached the settings so I had to remove the rules from being assigned to both devices, delete the rules completely, and then reboot the router for the problem to be resolved. Why they don't enforce rules by MAC address instead of TCP is beyond me. So check the rules for your PS3 and if there are any assigned to it that shouldn't be then that is the culprit.
Never have had trouble with AT&T and I live in B.F.E. Oklahoma.

Burned In Effigy
04-21-2015, 06:49 PM

Wish I had u here to show me everywhere I look its really ****ing confusing.

r1p
04-21-2015, 07:26 PM
Wish I had u here to show me everywhere I look its really ****ing confusing.

It can be confusing and because what I'm suggesting would have required you to enter it in the first place it probably isn't the issue you are having.

Burned In Effigy
04-21-2015, 07:30 PM
It can be confusing and because what I'm suggesting would have required you to enter it in the first place it probably isn't the issue you are having.

So I ran ping and tracert tests and they came back amazing. No packets lost datas coming back in good time. Last time I had ****ty numbers. I just don't know what else to do. It doesn't seem like putting my router in a DMZ is going to help. Plus some videos say I have to change modem as well. Wtf.

Burned In Effigy
04-21-2015, 07:31 PM
Plus with all the devs are dealing with I'm sure it'll be too late by the time they're even able to help.

Burned In Effigy
04-21-2015, 07:49 PM
Fick it popping borderlands back in. Goodbye.