PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular crashing!

Ark Huntress
04-23-2015, 06:17 AM
Hello!

New-ish player here seeking for advice regarding a silly mini game called Dodge Durango. Yep, the driving game just outside Tranquility Gate. Any tips to get Gold rank in the paradise race? Been playing it for many times and the best I've ever gotten was a Silver rank which will be a Bronze rank if I was late by another second (the ride love to stall for me after landing from certain height... sigh).

Also, I wonder how some players has a really high score in some games. This game is tricky!

I'll keep on crashing the ride into things in the meantime!

crazyged
04-23-2015, 08:52 AM
I feel your pain.

The Durango isn't one of the most nimble vehicles, but after a while, driving it becomes second nature. You'll one day get your gold and be surprised at how easy it was. :D

Remember - boost, boost, boost - even when you shouldn't!

konstantinov
04-23-2015, 08:54 AM
Never brake just take your finger off the gas. Then like crazyged said boost boost boost.

Niner82
04-23-2015, 03:54 PM
And when you get to straight away's boost like hell.

Ray8888
04-23-2015, 05:06 PM
The time trials are the bane of my existance. I rarely play this game sober. I am constantly in trees and jammed between rocks at a 45 degree angle. If you ever passed somebody's vehicle and thought to yourself how did that idiot even get stuck there its probably me.

Niner82
04-23-2015, 05:44 PM
The time trials are the bane of my existance. I rarely play this game sober. I am constantly in trees and jammed between rocks at a 45 degree angle. If you ever passed somebody's vehicle and thought to yourself how did that idiot even get stuck there its probably me.
Ya it took me a lot to suck it up and do them, was nerve racking for me. Threw my controller across the room a few times :).

Ark Huntress
04-23-2015, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the replies! I am still crashing everywhere - even more when using boost. But I will keep on trying!
I guess in a way it is an investment; I don't have the car but the skill level is mine to keep!

I have an unrelated question! Will the exploding barrels in this game hurt me if other player shot at it when I am close to it? I find myself getting blown to bits by those barrels every now and then when other player(s) are around me. Then again, could've been the enemy...

Tyler Sunder
04-23-2015, 08:54 PM
when you need to turn tap boost, this seems to instantly turn you no matter the speed, careful though to much boost will throw you into a spin. Also, what worked for me, was saving boost until just before you hit the ground. Using it midair seemed to get me no further than letting go just before taking off from a jump.

Tyler Sunder
04-23-2015, 08:56 PM
and yes if another player pops barrels/mines etc and your close it will kill ya.

Ark Huntress
04-24-2015, 09:17 PM
and yes if another player pops barrels/mines etc and your close it will kill ya.

That is evil...
Guess I will have to destroy all barrels on sight from now on. Maybe invest in self revive skill too!

As for the race, I have finally earned my Gold rank for Madera's Time Trial! Paradise's Time Trial in the other hand... One day... one day!

crazyged
04-25-2015, 04:08 PM
Paradise's Time Trial in the other hand... One day... one day!

It'll come, don't worry about that! :)