PDA

View Full Version : TOOLS, stop running mobs over.

HexCaliber
04-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Are any of you idiots aware that killing a mob with a vehicle not only stops it from dropping loot and ammo screwing over anyone else who has been attacking it, you also prevent anyone getting rep gains or xp from that mob too. More often than not you achieve absolutely nothing running a mob over, and you make it harder for everyone else to get xp, ammo, loot, and credits. I have not yet entered an event where time became such a factor players had to resort to using vehicles in hope of clearing in time.

If you are looking to complete pursuits there are dozens upon dozens of random spawns lining the roads in this game. There are also events later in the story when you will have to use Cerberus to clear mobs and stay alive, save the antics from grand theft auto for them, and stop screwing over everyone else in the meantime.

LoVato
04-05-2013, 09:03 AM
LMFAO! no one is gonna listen. they don't care!

ironhands
04-05-2013, 09:08 AM
especially at the minor hellbug event :P

KodiakX
04-05-2013, 09:09 AM
At Arkfalls? Yea would be nice.

Everywhere else I don't care. I run stuff over all the time for events cause it gives you full credit for xp/rewards for the event which are the only ones significant enough to matter.

Dui
04-05-2013, 09:10 AM
There's achievements in game for running mobs over, which is counter productive to the ammo drops needs of other players. And all most people see is they gain xp from the running over of the mobs. So the game has some counter productive aspects to this crap especially for the Ark falls

Howitzer
04-05-2013, 09:11 AM
LMFAO! no one is gonna listen. they don't care!

This is true. No one even talks to one another in this game. Other players are like NPCs that are simply in the way.

Laughter
04-05-2013, 09:13 AM
They shouldn't be on the damn road. If it's red it's dead. >.>

LoVato
04-05-2013, 09:14 AM
They shouldn't be on the damn road. If it's red it's dead. >.>

this! ahahaha!

Dagbiker
I actually was not aware of that. I usually just like to drive my Charger around the Arkfalls because I thought it was funny. And honestly I am pretty much laughing the whole time I am doing it, not because I thought i was taking away from other players experiences but because I thought I was adding to it.

Lodestar
Are any of you idiots aware that killing a mob with a vehicle not only stops it from dropping loot and ammo screwing over anyone else who has been attacking it, you also prevent anyone getting rep gains or xp from that mob too. More often than not you achieve absolutely nothing running a mob over, and you make it harder for everyone else to get xp, ammo, loot, and credits. I have not yet entered an event where time became such a factor players had to resort to using vehicles in hope of clearing in time.

If you are looking to complete pursuits there are dozens upon dozens of random spawns lining the roads in this game. There are also events later in the story when you will have to use Cerberus to clear mobs and stay alive, save the antics from grand theft auto for them, and stop screwing over everyone else in the meantime.

You do get vehicle xp however. Which is why I have leveled rollers fairly fast in the small amount of time I have been playing.

I actually was not aware of that. I usually just like to drive my Charger around the Arkfalls because I thought it was funny. And honestly I am pretty much laughing the whole time I am doing it, not because I thought i was taking away from other players experiences but because I thought I was adding to it.

Nor I either tbh. But I don't do it in arkfalls or any co op or whatever. Some missions of course, and there were one or two others around. But not like I was taking their target deliberately. Something to consider of course. Sad thing is someone is going to start doing this to greif now this has come out.

LadyChaos
04-05-2013, 09:16 AM
not much annoys me as much as the vehicles in arkfalls no lie. Get your sights lined up start unloading just for some tool to knock the Matriarch 5 feet away and you miss the sweet spots... again.. and... again... not to mention not being able to see to aim int he first place witht he newb fatty truck running around.

Vehicles in arkfalls make it a no skill event, just a crash derby. It's not fun even a little.

Darkeus
04-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Well people better start listening. :p

And it is funny to see them try to ram the Matriarch or the Symbiot. Blows their vehicle up. So funny.

It just amazes me that at the Arkfalls, most people cannot hear the EGO tell you at least 4 times A CRYSTAL that the Skitterlings are biting a weak point in the crystal.... I mean, I understand people not looking at the undercooked chat but seriously, you can't hear this broad?

And if you have her muted, either know what the hell you are doing or TURN HER BACK ON.

Grrr, sorry. Major pet peeve. Another thing that kills me are the people who use area affect weapons in those crystals, thus killing the Skitterlings. Then these fools wonder why they are out of ammo by the boss fight of the Arkfall.... Sad really....

Sl1pstream
04-05-2013, 09:17 AM
The game doesn't clearly tell you this though. My thoughts before reading this were "cool, why didn't I think of that" when I saw people doing it in-game.

Darkeus
04-05-2013, 09:19 AM
The game doesn't clearly tell you this though. My thoughts before reading this were "cool, why didn't I think of that" when I saw people doing it in-game.

But it does.... At least at the Arkfalls. The EGO says over and over and over again, "The skitterlings are biting a hole in the crystal, you should shoot that." Just listen....

As for the XP deal outside of the Arkfalls, I don't know. This is a shooter, I find running stuff over to be secondary to what I want to do....

BigRamsay
04-05-2013, 09:27 AM
But it does.... At least at the Arkfalls. The EGO says over and over and over again, "The skitterlings are biting a hole in the crystal, you should shoot that." Just listen....

As for the XP deal outside of the Arkfalls, I don't know. This is a shooter, I find running stuff over to be secondary to what I want to do....

I agree with your statement!

Quirky
04-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Are you aware you need 50 Kills in a Roller for a Pursuit? Best place to do it is at an Arkfall. Out of Ammo? Use the Ammo Cache.

Shazoom
04-05-2013, 09:31 AM
Why so mad? Who cares!

People who state flaws in the game get flamed for "whining"

So I say just exploit the hell out of those flaws, and if the fanboi's don't like it, that's just too bad.

PseudoCool
04-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Perhaps thats what this game needs.. a vapid and annoyingly large dose of carmageddon, added to an over-dose of GTA, then a sprinkle of stupid-dust.. yup.. just what the game needs to be a complete SHOOTER.. /sarc off

Bamboozled
04-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Could we simply disable vehicles inside the perimeter of an arkfall?
Just like when the vehicle looses it's durability, simply blow them up if they enter the perimeter of the arkfall.

Sounds like a pretty decent solution to me.

Shazoom
04-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Bamboozled why would you want to do that?

offering a solution only makes you a whiner, like the 1000's of other people who offered ideas or sugestions to fix things, like the garbage UI, fall damage ect.

I say leave it how it is! Its all for fun right?

Shazoom
04-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Like honestly, if the Dev's never intended for it, they would have fixed the issue already.

And why would your fun trump the person in the car running over hellbugs fun? Are you somehow more important than them? I don't think so.

Alekero
04-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Dont care like millions ppl too

zartanyen
04-05-2013, 09:54 AM
I thoght the same thing did not get why people where driving over things then found out for myself.

From what I have seen the xp gaind for killing things in a car goes to leveling up that skill so you can max it out quicker.

As far as not getting anything for killing things in a car I seem to get cash and materials for doing it no loot is of I still get keys and it's quick.

The down side is once you max out that skill it glitches out and takes your bonuses away and makes you start out at level zero to have to do it all over again.

I was doing it to just max the skill out and be done with it now I see it was just a waste of my time.

Suikoden
04-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Simple solution: if the map shows that you're inside the circle of a Arkfall event, you cannot call your car till the circle disappears from map. Coincidentally, anyone driving a vehicle that makes their way inside that circle or touches it gets automatically kicked from their vehicle.

It really is as simple as a "if" and "and" statement for programming. Easy fix.

Pang
04-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Yeah.. as long as you get EXP and credit for achievements, side quests for doing it, its going to be done. I mean mobs re-spawn fairly quickly anyways. But yeah if its red its dead no matter by what means IMO.

Kazamario
04-05-2013, 10:01 AM
not much annoys me as much as the vehicles in arkfalls no lie. Get your sights lined up start unloading just for some tool to knock the Matriarch 5 feet away and you miss the sweet spots... again.. and... again... not to mention not being able to see to aim int he first place witht he newb fatty truck running around.

Vehicles in arkfalls make it a no skill event, just a crash derby. It's not fun even a little.

I love your profile pic!

Ianto
04-05-2013, 10:05 AM
The problem is the way the game is set up, not the players. "Lets reward people for running over ****....but then make it so that when they do, they screw over everyone else".

I didn't even know this was such an issue until I found this topic...but I can't believe that Trion would design a system like that in the first place. Guess they've gone too casual to care about that sort of thing now.

leoeldude
04-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Need a fix. Most granades miss the matriarch because of this. But it's an easy fix so I guess they aren't going to fix it because it will be fixed by now. Still, I wish they fix the Arkfall drop at least, or make A.I. to target vehicles first, after all they are max damage.

McWaffle
04-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Simple solution: if the map shows that you're inside the circle of a Arkfall event, you cannot call your car till the circle disappears from map. Coincidentally, anyone driving a vehicle that makes their way inside that circle or touches it gets automatically kicked from their vehicle.

It really is as simple as a "if" and "and" statement for programming. Easy fix.

i LIKE IT when someone with VB experience at best comments on game programming.

KaosPenguin
04-05-2013, 10:26 AM
I just find unoccupied arkfalls that do the waves thing then just run em all over, not my fault they come to me lol.

Suikoden
04-05-2013, 10:34 AM
i LIKE IT when someone with VB experience at best comments on game programming.

I like it when people presume said person knows very little ;)

kirix
04-05-2013, 10:44 AM
this post is like asking you not to run over hookers in grand theft auto.

not gonna happen ever

Kurogami
04-05-2013, 10:46 AM
More than once I've seen people trying to break open the hellbug arks with their rollers... Literally ramming the shard repeatedly with their car... Kind of sad really, considering the weak point is a bright orange boil

donoho
04-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Good way to get people to listen? Please & Thanks. Even better way? Don't be an ***. Starting thread with "You Idiots.." not so much.

Please stop running over mobs becasuse...
Please stop driving through ArkFalls because...

I'm on these forums to learn more about the game, how people are playing it, and how to be a better (but still anti-social) citizen.

If running over stuff people are actively engaged with is a bad thing for them, I'm going to stop doing. I learned in another pose killing skitterlings at an arkfall is bad. I'm slow and didn't get the hint when ego said "they make weak spots".

I want to continue enjoying this game and do what I can so others can to. Thanks.

p.s. vb snipes, not cool. we don't all start in the same place or with the same resources. its what we do with what we love that counts.

Hawty
04-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Well people better start listening. :p

And it is funny to see them try to ram the Matriarch or the Symbiot. Blows their vehicle up. So funny.

It just amazes me that at the Arkfalls, most people cannot hear the EGO tell you at least 4 times A CRYSTAL that the Skitterlings are biting a weak point in the crystal.... I mean, I understand people not looking at the undercooked chat but seriously, you can't hear this broad?

And if you have her muted, either know what the hell you are doing or TURN HER BACK ON.

Grrr, sorry. Major pet peeve. Another thing that kills me are the people who use area affect weapons in those crystals, thus killing the Skitterlings. Then these fools wonder why they are out of ammo by the boss fight of the Arkfall.... Sad really....

No they probably pick up ammo or go to the ammo box at the fight...like every other player.

This is a massive QQ thread! None of this really matters! Not like we are failing arkfalls left and right.

Keydric
04-05-2013, 02:49 PM
I like it when people presume said person knows very little ;)
He most likely said little experience because of the following reason.
I didn't want to respond on this, but with that reply, I couldn't help myself. You called it an "if-and" statement in code. The code would be "if-then-else". It would also be a horrible way to code anything complex. Even using a select case would be better.

VLX11387
04-05-2013, 02:52 PM
I wasn't aware that vehicle kills didn't give ammo or anything to other players. I don't use my vehicles in arkfalls anyway as I feel getting out and using your weapon is much more helpful overall.

Would explain my lack of ammo gain during major arkfalls.

Drasken
04-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Stop running over mobs?!?! But it's so fun! That 4xp is so worth it for hearing the mobs scream and watching them fly off of my hood.

soarra
04-05-2013, 02:54 PM

good thing they dont have perks for vehicle damage and different damage on each vehicle.. Oh wait they do, they are meant to be used as weapons...

VLX11387
04-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Even so, it's a **** move if you screw over the rest of the people that are on foot at the arkfall. It's what the OP is trying to get across.

Boredbrain
04-05-2013, 02:59 PM
I've never known about this, and I apologize for doing so. I will refrain from spawning vehicles in an arkfall, unless I get frustrated.

However, games are meant to be fun. Maybe your style is to crawl around and get head shots. Maybe you like to spam grenades. Personally, I find it very satisfying to ram into a raider tanker with my Nomad or Challenger. It's, in all honesty, not a game destroyer, a bug, a terrible thing. Maybe a slight annoyance, but, We're trying to save the world, so doesn't every kill count?

Lonestar1771
04-05-2013, 03:02 PM
"mommy, tell the other people to stop running over all the things!"

Valethar
04-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Sad thing is someone is going to start doing this to greif now this has come out.

That started long ago. Telling people about it now will likely just make it worse once all the Halotards and Call of Derpy players catch on.

Aidan415
04-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Just set it back to vehicle kills don't count in arkfalls like before and that will stop them.

zartanyen
04-05-2013, 03:12 PM
I have that mission truck the real big one I love going into major arkfall's with it when the flying bug comes out and I ram it it gets all mad and goes into a head butting contest against me it knock's me back and I boost ram it for like 15k and we just keep doing it over and over again till it's head hurts and it fly's off.

That truck is pretty tough but sometimes I hit the boost and fish tail it into a huge group and it just blows up so I tuck and roll light whats left up with the LMG or grenade launcher and I call it in again fun as hell.

I also love pushing a big bug with boost till they just blow up.

soarra
04-05-2013, 03:29 PM
"mommy, tell the other people to stop running over all the things!"
hey lonestar. no trolling these forums also.MWO was bad enough. Great reply BTW

hardy83
04-05-2013, 03:39 PM
I LOVE using my truck for the roadside events, because it makes them easy and you still get XP/credit for it.
The arkfalls, not so much. I usually hit a couple mobs charging in, then get out.

Shismar
04-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Running over stuff at roadside events and when you are alone some place is fine. At arkfalls or when other players are around that depend on the ammo drops and would like to have the loot from those mobs is not.

So, please no cars at arkfalls and no AoE weapons at hellbug arkfalls where the crystal needs to be destroyed.