PDA

View Full Version : Batch ego upgrade issues

Tura Satana
04-24-2015, 06:38 AM
So I noticed now that since you can upgrade your weapon to the exact ego of your character, that you may unwittingly waste arkforge during the batch upgrade process. For instance. My ego is 5856. I had a weapon at 5751. Before, batch upgrading would only let you upgrade your weapon once since that would make it 5851, and within 100 ego of your character. However NOW batch upgrade says its upgradeable twice, even though it would only be upgrading the second time 5 points to match my ego. This would of been a waste of arkforge. 25 to be exact cuz it was an orange weapon.

Point I'm trying to make here is that we can no longer use batch upgrade without risk of wasting arkforge on the possible last tiny bit of ego that it will attempt to charge us for. And if you have a weapon that needs to be upgraded a significant amount of levels you'll have to do it all one at a time now or its a good possibility you'll waste arkforge just leveling out the final few ego points to match your ego.

I know Trion included this feature because there are some of you who wanted it. Your OCD said your weapon ego MUST match your current ego or you just can't function properly in world. But now it screws the batch ego upgrade option which was actually useful.

Ashlocke
04-30-2015, 09:51 AM
I know this isn't really the answer you're looking for, but this is why I don't do batch upgrades. I manually upgrade weapons 100 EGO at a time until it's less than 100 points from my EGO lv. It's a pain, but I'd rather spend a few extra minutes rather than waste the arkforge. It takes me MUCH longer to earn the wasted 25 arkforge than it does to manually upgrade a weapon to prevent the waste in the first place.

A small consolation is that at least now it's a bit less tedious than having to do it through the salvage matrix window, now it's a bit easier do do it through the loadout-inventory "right-click" option. There's no constant scrolling down through hundreds of items nonsense that way each time.

Basically click on equipped weapon (which auto-scrolls you right to it), right click, upgrade... rinse and repeat.

Until they fix this to work better, it's the least annoying method I've found to quickly upgrade a weapon.

I hope that helps.

Bentu
04-30-2015, 10:06 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?212899-keeping-epic-and-legendary-guns-i-like-is-it-a-good-idea-and-about-ego-and-gun-mods&p=1755321&viewfull=1#post1755321

r1p
04-30-2015, 10:08 AM
Batch upgrades should only upgrade your weapon until it is less than 100 points than your current Ego and you should only be allowed to upgrade a weapon by less than 100 Ego points via the "Upgrade Once" action. I know I would be po'd if I spent 25 AF for an additional 10 Ego points.

r1p
04-30-2015, 10:12 AM
Now that I think about it, there must be a ton of AF being wasted because people aren't even aware that this happens. This new "Feature" is actually 10x worse than the anal retentives not being able to have their perfectly rounded EGO weapons. If Trion can't implement what I suggested then I hope they will just revert the change back. Better for most everyone.

SUPREEM
04-30-2015, 10:46 AM
So I noticed now that since you can upgrade your weapon to the exact ego of your character, that you may unwittingly waste arkforge during the batch upgrade process. For instance. My ego is 5856. I had a weapon at 5751. Before, batch upgrading would only let you upgrade your weapon once since that would make it 5851, and within 100 ego of your character. However NOW batch upgrade says its upgradeable twice, even though it would only be upgrading the second time 5 points to match my ego. This would of been a waste of arkforge. 25 to be exact cuz it was an orange weapon.

Point I'm trying to make here is that we can no longer use batch upgrade without risk of wasting arkforge on the possible last tiny bit of ego that it will attempt to charge us for. And if you have a weapon that needs to be upgraded a significant amount of levels you'll have to do it all one at a time now or its a good possibility you'll waste arkforge just leveling out the final few ego points to match your ego.

I know Trion included this feature because there are some of you who wanted it. Your OCD said your weapon ego MUST match your current ego or you just can't function properly in world. But now it screws the batch ego upgrade option which was actually useful.

My ocd loves this new feature. Not being funny either, I can't even use a weapon if its not at least fully t3 syn modded smh.

ryu5010
04-30-2015, 11:16 AM
My ocd loves this new feature. Not being funny either, I can't even use a weapon if its not at least fully t3 syn modded smh.

My OCD loves this as well! Especially considering my main character is max Ego and I had a lot of un tradable gear that were at odd levels that I couldn't previously bring up to my exact level and get the full potential out of them. Thank you so much for this Trion, I have no problem whatsoever spending the extra Arkforge to get that last little bit of untapped potential out my gear.

r1p
04-30-2015, 11:21 AM
I'm happy for both of you. It should still only be available on the "Upgrade Once" function.

Tura Satana
05-01-2015, 07:45 AM
I'm happy for both of you. It should still only be available on the "Upgrade Once" function.

Hehe. Agreed. I'm having a hard time deciding if this a calculated move by Trion or another instance of something being totally overlooked. There are just so many of both..

DEATHBRINGER210
05-01-2015, 07:57 AM
i had the same problem .i full upgraded a 2467 dc10 . i was 2700 ego . i go for a full upgrade and bam 2667 ego wth

StormFront
05-01-2015, 08:01 AM
Batch upgrades should only upgrade your weapon until it is less than 100 points than your current Ego and you should only be allowed to upgrade a weapon by less than 100 Ego points via the "Upgrade Once" action. I know I would be po'd if I spent 25 AF for an additional 10 Ego points.

I agree that this even up feature would be better on the upgrade once option. I have also stopped using batch upgrade. I am still working at around 5400 ego. Until I reach max ego, there is no value to me to bringing the weapon up to match my current ego.

DEATHBRINGER210
05-01-2015, 08:15 AM
but when i went to upgrade my 1000ish ego oj to full upgrade to 6000 it worked just fine 1300 forge fyi

Mrdr
05-01-2015, 08:31 AM
I recently batched up a purple and noticed it went directly to my current ego. I spent 30 forge doing this. I couldn't remember what it's original ego was but I thought it odd that it was exactly my current ego. I have another gun that will need an upgrade but didn't do it because it's 90 ego under my current. I didn't realize that this was a new thing that was implemented. I'll never batch upgrade again. How long has this been going on? I've been levelling rather quickly lately and I've been keeping my guns updated along the way. There's no telling how much forge I've wasted doing this.

With everything going on I think it's kinda sneaky being able to eek out a few forge here and there with weapons upgrades. If I'm doing batch upgrades for 2 weapons that's an extra potentially 20 forge per upgrade that I no longer have and could have used to get 99 ego points higher rather than 1 ego point higher on each gun. This means I'm burning through my forge faster than I can earn it which means I have to figure out a means to get more--grind or buy. I know this choice will come eventually but this new batch upgrade will hasten the process

Bentu
05-01-2015, 09:40 AM
I recently batched up a purple and noticed it went directly to my current ego. I spent 30 forge doing this. I couldn't remember what it's original ego was but I thought it odd that it was exactly my current ego. I have another gun that will need an upgrade but didn't do it because it's 90 ego under my current. I didn't realize that this was a new thing that was implemented. I'll never batch upgrade again. How long has this been going on? I've been levelling rather quickly lately and I've been keeping my guns updated along the way. There's no telling how much forge I've wasted doing this.

With everything going on I think it's kinda sneaky being able to eek out a few forge here and there with weapons upgrades. If I'm doing batch upgrades for 2 weapons that's an extra potentially 20 forge per upgrade that I no longer have and could have used to get 99 ego points higher rather than 1 ego point higher on each gun. This means I'm burning through my forge faster than I can earn it which means I have to figure out a means to get more--grind or buy. I know this choice will come eventually but this new batch upgrade will hasten the process

You're getting there, kind of makes you think you need to re evaluate some comments.

Mrdr
05-01-2015, 09:52 AM
You're getting there, kind of makes you think you need to re evaluate some comments.

Was wondering who would be the first to say something. Lol

My previous posts still stand. I'm not terribly happy about this, and I've never said Trion was doing everything right they haven't. I'm just saying that it's not pay to play...yet. It's pay for convenience at this point for everyone. With these types of things, however, they're definitely trying to make the inconvenience come sooner rather than later. I don't agree with this tactic at all if it wasn't announced. I won't claim it was or not because I don't know--didn't read the notes. My complaints, however, for a free game can only go so far. Sneaky if unannounced? You betcha. Can I claim its pay to play/pay to win? No, not yet.

Bentu
05-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Was wondering who would be the first to say something. Lol

Someone with far better IT skills than me will have to go and look for the links but this little nugget you've just tripped over is just the last in a long line.
Watch the vid in my sig, it will give you some idea.

Mrdr
05-01-2015, 12:10 PM
Someone with far better IT skills than me will have to go and look for the links but this little nugget you've just tripped over is just the last in a long line.
Watch the vid in my sig, it will give you some idea.

Couldn't get past the first line of the chorus. Not my thing. I applaud whoever made it though...takes guts...

Bentu
05-01-2015, 01:13 PM
Couldn't get past the first line of the chorus. Not my thing. I applaud whoever made it though...takes guts...

Lucent was another of the die hard vets in this game who like others have said in recent threads will be here until they shut down the servers.
Her and many more were driven away by changes that spoilt their enjoyment of the game. Some are founders and members of Dawn Patrol who I honestly thought would never leave this game. Shadow and Crixda were the type of guys that would of stuck behind after it closed down and oiled the hinges so no one knew they were here.
They and so many other forumites were just like you, even Edd the Duck. Gone and never to return.
Why? Because of Trions attitude towards its player base, the people who were here buying the bits in store which in turn should of gone back in to the game.
Started writing and forgot what thread I was on lol, well you get the idea.

Edit. Inbound new arkforge bundles.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?213071-Defiance-3.100-to-PTS

Mrdr
05-01-2015, 04:14 PM
well I'm definitely not interested in the new bundles. Hopefully now that they've finalized a new bundle set (with improved raptors and new titles, non-traceable or sellable guns, etc), "fixed" dlc5, and so on and so forth they can now concentrate efforts on addressing everything that has been mentioned by everyone. Perhaps they were too busy working on these things to address everything before. :)

Cygnus
05-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Yes as I've said in my posts,Mr dr, sneaky underhanded tactics indeed.