PDA

View Full Version : FTP and purchased version together on PS3?

tojo
04-26-2015, 05:07 AM
Hi all,

is it possible to play the FTP and "normal" purchased version on the same PS3 console/account?

I bought the game, but I cannot see or invite my friends who play the FTP version. Then I installed the FTP version, so now I have both versions. I can start the FTP version and play my character from the normal version. But I still cannot see my friends. Are the servers separated according to which version you have installed, or how does it work?

Any advice, or is this even possible?

Thanks.

The Lady
04-26-2015, 05:59 AM
Nope it is just a glitch. I have had several times where I have gone weeks with no friends, no clan, can't join up with a group, and no way to type chat with anyone. You can contact customer support, but for me it usually fixes itself with the next patch they do. This last time it went out on me, I turned off all my chat settings and muted everything, then turned everything back on. I did this on both tabs in the settings. It seemed to fix it at least for me.

PithHelmetIrath
04-26-2015, 06:02 AM
Are the servers separated according to which version you have installed

Nope.. they're only separated by platform and region.

Jerrmy12
04-26-2015, 06:05 AM
Hi all,

is it possible to play the FTP and "normal" purchased version on the same PS3 console/account?

I bought the game, but I cannot see or invite my friends who play the FTP version. Then I installed the FTP version, so now I have both versions. I can start the FTP version and play my character from the normal version. But I still cannot see my friends. Are the servers separated according to which version you have installed, or how does it work?

Any advice, or is this even possible?

Thanks.
What's the difference between the versions?

Mrdr
04-26-2015, 06:54 AM
I started as f2p but then bought the ultimate edition. I didn't have to install from disc just enter the code that came in the box. I didn't have any troubles with it like you're experiencing luckily. Perhaps something went haywire when you installed over a previous installation? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? You shouldn't lose anything as all your data is stored on the server. If you haven't entered your purchased version code the ID wait until after you reinstall. If you've already entered it then it shouldn't be a problem.

The Lady
04-26-2015, 08:58 AM
With the paid you get 5 load outs, 75 inventory slots, and can hold 75 decodes, other than that I don't think there is a difference.

keptman
04-26-2015, 09:51 AM
We refer to it as getting ghosted in my clan. Seems to happen once a week to someone. Relogging doesn't always help. The newest is not hearing some people but others. Have to switch to group chat to hear them.

We have filled tickets to no avail. Just get BS or nothing at all. With the new patch I now get freezes in the menu when toggling L1 or R1 after being in a section and not completely exiting.

tojo
04-26-2015, 10:09 AM
I dont think its related to the glitch. In my friends list I can see "Tony", and "last connected: Never". Which means Tony plays F2P, just not on my server where I play the normal version. Thats why I thought there were different servers. Back then when I played F2P, I played with Tony all the time. Since I bought it, no more.

Tura Satana
04-26-2015, 01:23 PM
There is only one version of the game. We all play the same version. It contains the dlc even. All we really buy are codes to unlock the use of them.

WhiteStrike
04-26-2015, 02:35 PM
I dont think its related to the glitch. In my friends list I can see "Tony", and "last connected: Never". Which means Tony plays F2P, just not on my server where I play the normal version. Thats why I thought there were different servers. Back then when I played F2P, I played with Tony all the time. Since I bought it, no more.

You're on different server regions.

Atticus Batman
04-26-2015, 06:18 PM
You're on different server regions.

This sounds exactly like the problem. The free and paid game are the exact same thing. You can play with free players all you want.

Your problem is that you are on different regional servers. There is EU and US. When you strat up the game and it asks to patch, before you patch look at what server you are on. Ask your friends to do the same. Then on of you switch to the same regional server, and if it is a different regional server than what you were playing on, then start a new guy so you can all play together.