PDA

View Full Version : Defiance for $45 on PC

Primus Palus
02-11-2013, 08:25 AM
I'm not sure if Trion wants me posting this (I'll understand if you guys want to delete this). :P But I found that if you go through a certain "Green Man" website, and use this code:

GMG25-T6JV8-1NPBA

You can get the game for $45 (25% off). I just bought it, as I was waiting for my $20 coupon code from Amazon, but I'll just use that on something else.

This is the basic digital version that comes with:

PC Beta Access
3 Day XP Boost
Outlander Outfit
In game title: Iron Demon
Exclusive weapon: Legionaire

But, the website is legitimate (I've used them a few times), and I got my key instantly. I've already applied it to my account and it accepted it. There's also an immediate download button, but I didn't try using it since the client is already installed.

I have some sort of referral link to this site but I wont post it. I'm not going to do that to you guys. This is just a great way to score the game cheap.

Galadeon
02-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Yep. GreenManGaming is a great site that offers discounts on loads of games. It's always great to check them out before a new game launches.

Hope
02-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Awesome, I was waiting for something like this to pop up!

GMG are a legit site, they are listed as an official digital retailer (http://defiance.com/en/pre-order/digital-editions/) for Europe.

Kordesh
02-11-2013, 12:43 PM
GMG is fantastic for deals on new/newer games. You typically get hit with a stupid "foreign transaction fee" from your bank because, hey, why not more fees, but its minor compared to what you end up saving a lot of the time. I've bought quite a few things from them. The old payment system they used was a little annoying as it would constantly flag US credit cards, but I haven't had an issue with it recently since they switched over to the newer one. Looks like they're getting the Origin pre-order weapon. I was going to wait and see what Steam was going to do for pre-order incentives first, but I might just end up getting this. Saving the extra money is worth more than any of those pre-order weapons you're going to likely swap shortly after playing anyway.

bartoni33
02-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the info! Just picked it up for $45 even. GMG is a great site to pick up games cheap.

EDIT: Yes the key worked also. Says you have to use Capsule (GMG proprietary download system like Steam) but you don't.

Riv779
02-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Good to know, I will definitely be taking a look at GMG later today.

Primus Palus
02-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Awesome, I was waiting for something like this to pop up!

GMG are a legit site, they are listed as an official digital retailer (http://defiance.com/en/pre-order/digital-editions/) for Europe.

Yeah the website is only showing four retailers and they're not listed. My guess is it's country specific and it knows where I'm from. But GMG is worldwide with no region restrictions. I haven't run into a single problem with the few games I've gotten from there.

I used to use Direct2Drive before they shut down. Was great for scoring a $49.99 or $59.99 game for 15-25% off.

Kordesh
02-11-2013, 05:22 PM
I was never a fan of Direct2Drive. I didn't like their DRM (many of the games were encrypted and required specific Direct2Drive patches which they did not keep up on and the encryption would break moddability in some cases.)

I would also like to point out that you can get the digital deluxe version of Defiance for $75 with the same code.

Primus Palus
02-11-2013, 05:29 PM
I would also like to point out that you can get the digital deluxe version of Defiance for $75 with the same code.

You sure can. Which is a great deal. For me, the big part of that package was the +5 to inventory. But for $30 more, I can manage with what I got.

I think this code expires on the 15th. So check their site out and see what the expiration is.

deadfolk
02-12-2013, 07:21 AM
Awesome! I can get the Deluxe version for basically the same price as standard! Thanks!

durion
02-12-2013, 07:56 AM
yes bough the digital deluxe edition with them for cheap - used them before for skyrim

dreminon
02-12-2013, 11:34 AM
sucks told me code was expired when I tried.

dreminon
02-12-2013, 12:20 PM
GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS this code worked for me but only 20% off guess im going pc digital download deluxe edition. thanks for telling us about this

Harcon
02-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Shopto.net have the physical edition for 28.85, and from what I have heard they are brilliant at getting games to you on release date, I have never bought from there so I can't vouch. Here's the link http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/pc/PCDE49-defiance-includes-dlc