PDA

View Full Version : Are you for real WTF

CrackRoc
04-05-2013, 10:07 AM
I'm in about an hours worth of time on this quest and a friend jumps in right before I'm bout to kill the last guy now I have to start over.... So every time someone joins a game n ur in a quest it will restart who the hell thought of that great idea

invalid_User
04-05-2013, 10:09 AM
I'm in about an hours worth of time on this quest and a friend jumps in right before I'm bout to kill the last guy now I have to start over.... So every time someone joins a game n ur in a quest it will restart who the hell thought of that great idea

It sort of makes sense... You're right at the end and your friend hasn't beaten it yet then he gets all the EXP for just joining.

CrackRoc
04-05-2013, 10:16 AM
But if I don't want him in n he just joins how's that make sense??
Just screws me over

Nitro
04-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Just screws me over

Don't have friends.

invalid_User
04-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Just screws me over

Oh okay.. I get what you mean now. Yeah, I don't understand that then. That sucks.

Angryfool
04-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Well I guess now that you know that, either tell them up front not to join your phase or just leave the group when you dont want anyone joining in from now on.

winterforge
04-05-2013, 10:20 AM
You should have the option to not allow your friends to join automatically without your permission if it screws things up like that IMO. It should throw up a prompt like "Your friend XFighterX wants to join you. Click Yes or No."

invalid_User
04-05-2013, 10:22 AM
You should have the option to not allow your friends to join automatically without your permission if it screws things up like that IMO. It should throw up a prompt like "Your friend XFighterX wants to join you. Click Yes or No."

I believe there is a way to do that in settings isn't there? Before you start the game press "X" and it pulls up the setting menu. If I remember right there was an option there to keep friends from joining.

RedSparrows
04-05-2013, 10:23 AM
A friend CAN'T join your GROUP without you inviting them. They can join the area nearby, but that should never reset a quest: all the overworld quests are instantly available, at whatever stage they are at, bu anyone nearby.

winterforge
04-05-2013, 10:24 AM
I believe there is a way to do that in settings isn't there? Before you start the game press "X" and it pulls up the setting menu. If I remember right there was an option there to keep friends from joining.

Maybe. But then you'd have to turn it off and on all the time in settings (tedious) unless you permanently don't want your friends joining you. But then why have friends if that's the case?

gryste
04-05-2013, 10:24 AM
It does seem strange. If your not grouped and other people are doing the same quest you can complete it if you hit the area as the kill the boss

invalid_User
04-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Maybe. But then you'd have to turn it off and on all the time in settings (tedious) unless you permanently don't want your friends joining you. But then why have friends if that's the case?

Yeah I see your point about that.

Angryfool
04-05-2013, 10:28 AM
I have not seen a mission reset yet so i will hold judgement till I do. I think its fine the way it is. And if it did reset, even as annoying as it would be I would be ok if we fought through it again because it would still be fun and I would get XP and Money.

RedSparrows
04-05-2013, 10:29 AM
I have to ask: what overworld mission took you an hour? Cos I'd like to try it. SQ is a long-ish one, but never an hour, even solo.

JBo796
04-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Don't have friends.

I haven't found this to be much of a problem. :-D

star
04-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that the game is ripping you off because I have beat the game and the guns in the game are crap and under powered and the only decent ones are volter shotgun and the machine gun from episode missions and you have to pay extra for decent looking outfits I am happy with the gameplay but not the fact I have to spend more money on getting decent stuff in the game