PDA

View Full Version : low egos on warmaster

red titan
04-29-2015, 01:53 AM
please please don't wait for revive, extract it costs 180 scrip every time but you get it back at the end of warmaster, you only go to the top level and can jump straight back down.

Romolus_OnlyHuman
04-29-2015, 06:39 AM
I'm assuming this is a time saving effort for the other players? Just out of curiosity

StormFront
04-29-2015, 06:55 AM
It avoids taking two guns out of play and gets yours back into the game quicker. Personally in the chaos during WM, I'm less likely to notice someone that is down.

Romolus_OnlyHuman
04-29-2015, 06:57 AM
Makes sense to me

Bentu
04-29-2015, 07:34 AM
please please don't wait for revive, extract it costs 180 scrip every time but you get it back at the end of warmaster, you only go to the top level and can jump straight back down.

This debate has been done and dusted and actually it's quicker to revive them.
Best plan of action is to let the low egos do the reviving, they need the pursuit anyway.

Ray8888
04-29-2015, 07:53 AM
WM doesn't count for the pursuit.

Bentu
04-29-2015, 08:07 AM

It doesn't? Oh well not often I'm right but I'm wrong again.

Kind of think it should though eh.

Romolus_OnlyHuman
04-29-2015, 08:35 AM
Is it really quicker though, when there's a large group of people? I've had more than half my extraction meter go down before being revived, which I would think takes longer than extracting. That's just my personal experience though (which I don't have a ton of yet haha)

Bentu
04-29-2015, 09:03 AM
Is it really quicker though, when there's a large group of people? I've had more than half my extraction meter go down before being revived, which I would think takes longer than extracting. That's just my personal experience though (which I don't have a ton of yet haha)

That's because people don't stop and revive others, the reason for this is that those who won't pick you up consider you a low ego scrub and that their score and hitting the number one spot is more important.
Yes there's the argument that while they're picking you up that they aren't doing dmg to the wm and that maybe so but that shouldn't stop other low ego players doing the revives.
But they have seen the arguments in chat saying don't revive them etc and follow that advice, if someone actually picked you up as soon as you went down it is actually half the time of you extracting and making your way back down again.
There's a lot of good advice out there but some isn't so good.

Romolus_OnlyHuman
04-29-2015, 09:49 AM
So is the argument the same for high ego players? Should they just extract as well or is it worth it to revive them?

Niner82
04-29-2015, 10:09 AM
It doesn't? Oh well not often I'm right but I'm wrong again.

Kind of think it should though eh.
No it doesnt which makes no sense, really.

Bentu
04-29-2015, 10:30 AM
So is the argument the same for high ego players? Should they just extract as well or is it worth it to revive them?

That's entirely up to you, I personally go with a Rebel Bullseye shield that lets me deal more crit dmg when my shield is down (and why i don't like bmgs in the wm) which means I can go down quite quickly and when I do I extract straight away unless I have a revive.
The only time that I don't extract is when we are very near a kill as when you extract and upstairs and the wm dies I don't get the rewards for some reason.

No it doesnt which makes no sense, really.

You'd think it would count but this is Defiance, I mean you just have to be in the room to get the kill shot, not like you actually have to deal the last blow so to speak.

Romolus_OnlyHuman
04-29-2015, 10:36 AM
It just makes me wonder if there's really such a huge importance in picking one over the other. I understand that time is of the absolute essence but if there are enough people, everyone has appropriate weapons, does a few extra seconds matter that much? Also, it's kinda impossible to get everyone to behave uniformly when it comes to some like this...so I really do think it's just personal preference (and also situational).

Bentu
04-29-2015, 10:44 AM
Just do what you feel is right for your situation in that case, just don't be a tool and t bag people, half the time they don't understand why the guy is t bagging them anyway.
Personally if I see someone down and they are relatively near I'll pick them up.

JOCCO5150
04-29-2015, 11:05 AM

For me there is no argument. I'm 5626 ego and I extract immediately if I ha v No self revive

r1p
04-29-2015, 11:12 AM
The "do not revive" philosophy probably also stems from the belief that if you are reviving someone then you are vulnerable and may go down as well. I tend to revive anyone near me and there have been lots of times that I got blasted by the WM while in the middle of trying to pick someone else up. When I don't have a self-revive left then there are now 2 people on the floor not shooting, so I tend to not revive anyone unless I know it's clear. My opinion is that the best way to approach it is if no one comes to your aid within 10 seconds then just extract.

Romolus_OnlyHuman
04-29-2015, 11:17 AM
I only revive when I'm not putting myself in immediate and threatening danger. If my shields are down and the enemy is right on the downed person, I'll wait.

EvilAg3nt
04-29-2015, 12:24 PM

wait,why doesnt it?
its an arkfall,the pursuit Says revive x amount of players in an arkfall?

JOCCO5150
04-29-2015, 12:25 PM
wait,why doesnt it?

It's actually an ark break, not ark fall

Niner82
04-29-2015, 12:27 PM
wait,why doesnt it?
Apparently to Trion it doesn't qualify. I was told special event Arkfalls don't count either, not sure if it's true. Welcome to Defiance, lol.

EvilAg3nt
04-29-2015, 12:31 PM
It's actually an ark break, not ark fall

thats kinda whacked...
they both get called out of the sky...they both fall to the ground...you do the Exact same things in both..
and honestly in the reg arks not many people go down,so why did they come up w the Pursuit to begin with?? if it Wasnt for the wm chamber??
thanks for the answer tho,i appreciate it .

Bentu
04-29-2015, 12:39 PM
wait,why doesnt it?

Surprised me to and I've been playing for 2 years. Things you think should be so aren't always so lol.

Niner82
04-29-2015, 01:17 PM
thats kinda whacked...
they both get called out of the sky...they both fall to the ground...you do the Exact same things in both..
and honestly in the reg arks not many people go down,so why did they come up w the Pursuit to begin with?? if it Wasnt for the wm chamber??
Dark Matter Majors seem to be the best place to revive people, as the Artillery raining down usually drops several people standing in the middle of the area. Just wait til the fire burns out, and start reviving, lol.

Cobra Crusher
04-30-2015, 12:17 AM
I never revive people at WM and i always extract. Rule 1 no shooty the lockies. Rule 2 only use the guns with bullets. Rule 3 shoot the right arm. Rule 4 extract. Rule 5 blame the noobs when you still lose. :p

JOCCO5150
04-30-2015, 12:32 AM
thats kinda whacked...

Go to the dark matter arkfalls. There are bodies everywhere

Edit.. ninjad by the niners

JOCCO5150
04-30-2015, 12:38 AM
I never revive people at WM and i always extract. Rule 1 no shooty the lockies. Rule 2 only use the guns with bullets. Rule 3 shoot the right arm. Rule 4 extract. Rule 5 blame the noobs when you still lose. :p

If you are on ps3 na rule number 1 is don't go to wm unless axe and all of us that are her friends are there. Then there will be no reason to blame anyone

Gaige12
04-30-2015, 05:06 AM
Nobody has to extract when I'm around. My Super Duper Shield Spanner will keep you on your feet. Then I'll flip back to my bloodhound/CF when everyone is healthy and happy. :p:p

Tex_Arcana
04-30-2015, 06:25 AM
PCNA are a buncha lily-livered, lop-eared back-shooting galoots.
Because hello sucker punch.

konstantinov
04-30-2015, 06:44 AM
If you are on ps3 na rule number 1 is don't go to wm unless axe and all of us that are her friends are there. Then there will be no reason to blame anyone

You talking about Lois Griffin?

Symbiosis2099
04-30-2015, 08:04 AM
Apparently to Trion it doesn't qualify. I was told special event Arkfalls don't count either, not sure if it's true. Welcome to Defiance, lol.

Event arkfalls do indeed count, I finished the pursuit on my main back in December reviving people in Solstice Strikes.

On the original topic, I always extract during WM. Maybe it is faster to revive and be revived but most of the time people don't bother, so I extract and get back to shooting

Cobra Crusher
04-30-2015, 09:26 AM

PS3 ewww i never touch the stuff lol

Niner82
04-30-2015, 11:56 AM
Event arkfalls do indeed count, I finished the pursuit on my main back in December reviving people in Solstice Strikes.

On the original topic, I always extract during WM. Maybe it is faster to revive and be revived but most of the time people don't bother, so I extract and get back to shooting
Oh cool then, I got that pursuit done first couple of weeks. No events were going on, so I didn't know for sure.