PDA

View Full Version : Talking to people in Xbox

Rynwoody
04-05-2013, 10:14 AM
First of all, I'm very happy that they don't allow people with headsets to talk to everyone at all times, or have people who are nearby able to hear you. That was definitely a good move in my opinion, especially for the xbox community (anyone who's played any of the halos online know what I mean). But since starting I have not been able to talk to ANYONE. I don't feel the social aspect that I would in most MMOs. Is there a way to open up the ability to join chat rooms or anything like that in defiance? When you join co-ops (dungeons) are you able to talk to people? Can anyone hear you in the PvP games? I'm just curious cuz half the time I see other players but it doesn't really register that there's anyone but me in this world. The most I can do to thank anyone is "quickchat" an emote and cheer them. I wish there was a button I could hit that allowed me to say something that everyone in a small radius could hear.

RedSparrows
04-05-2013, 10:20 AM
I believe voice chat is not working properly: but in principle, for voice and text chat (using normal 360 input, chatpad or USB keyboard) it works like this:

Down on D-Pad changes channel for both voice and text - see in the bottom right. Once in a channel, you should simply be able to chat away, but vox is AWOL atm, I think, and text is also problematic. Works in area chat though (text, that is).